Will insurance cover Talkspace? (+5 benefits of therapy)
This article will explain if insurance covers Talkspace. We shall also be discussing how you can find if insurance does cover your therapy. In addition to this, we will be looking at some of the short-term and long-term benefits of going to therapy. Therapy and counseling can provide a range of benefits for individuals as well as families and groups.
Will insurance cover Talkspace?
In simple terms, yes! Insurance can easily cover Talkspace. For this, you will need to check your insurance eligibility based on the mental health problems you are facing currently. While therapy can be quite expensive, Talkspace does provide many measures for clients t save money, such as encouraging customers to submit their bill to their Flexible Spending Account administrators.
The platform also has teamed with a large number of U.S. health plans so that individuals can access through Employee Assistance Programs or EAPs. If customers want to know if they are covered by insurance on Talkspace, they can follow the steps given below:
- They will need to log into their ‘Talkspace’ accounts and click on their username
- Under the option of ‘Account’, they will need click on ‘Check my Coverage’ which will provide information about insurance coverage of their Talkspace services
- Those who are using a iOS app can easily log into their accounts and click on the settings icon, which will be located at the upper-right corner of the page
- In the options presented to them, they can click on ‘Eligibility and Coverage’ and then click on ‘Check my Coverage’
Finding out if insurance covers therapy
If you would like to find out if your insurance can cover your therapy, you can follow the strategies which can mentioned in the lost as follows:
- You will need to check with your insurance account online. Another way to do this will be to call your therapist or mental health provider and ask them for their Tax ID number which your insurance provider can then use to check if your insurance will cover their services.
- You can also call your insurance provider and ask them for additional information. There is usually a toll-free number that many insurance websites provide. For more specific information, you can ask your therapist for the diagnostic codes and share these with your insurance provider to see how much of the cost will be covered for you.
- If you are working, you can ask your HR manager who can share information about insurance coverage and also the various mental health services provided for the employees of the organization such as Employee Assistance Programs.
Benefits of therapy
Going to therapy can not only benefit you as an individual, but can also positively affect those around you. Let’s look at some of the great benefits that therapy can bring to you in this section:
It can bring about positive changes
Everyone likes to be constantly developing and adding positivity to their lives. While positivity can be provided by many sources, many of these can be short-lived and actually counterproductive when used on a long-term basis. However, therapy can be a great option for those who are looking for ways to bring about more positive changes to their lives.
It can help in relationships
Relationships can also be helped greatly by therapy. More and more couples are seeking counseling and therapy to manage and resolve their issues and disputes. This is not only for those who are married but also those who are planning on getting married soon or those who are committed to each other without marriage.
It can help you in your career
Career growth is important, both in terms of financial security as well as mental health. For many individuals, their careers play a big role in their personal identities and thus this needs to be taken quite seriously. However, career is not just decided by qualifications or education alone. It also depends on personality and character, both of which can be positively helped by therapy.
It can help in managing addictions
Many of us suffer from addictions of one sort or another. And many of these addictions can get out of hand and play havoc in our daily lives. When it becomes hard for us to manage these addictions, therapy can be of great help by providing guidance and assistance in understanding trigger factors, everyday management and also introspection to find the root cause of addiction.
It can help in depression or anxiety
Depression and anxiety are becoming quite common as more individuals are finding it difficult to take care of their mental health. These illnesses can become costly to individuals, families as well as organizations which employ these individuals. Therapy can be of great help to those living with depression and anxiety in helping them combat these illnesses.
It can guide in times of crisis
Anyone can face a life crisis at any point in their lives. While there may be dozens of relatives and friends who might offer free advice, it is at moments like these that therapy and therapists become more relevant and valid. Crisis situations can be managed a lot more effectively with the help of a therapist.
BetterHelp: A Better Alternative
Those who are seeking therapy online may also be interested in BetterHelp. BetterHelp offers plenty of formats of therapy, ranging from live chats, live audio sessions and live video sessions. In addition, unlimited messaging through texting, audio messages and even video messages are available here.
BetterHelp also offers couples therapy and therapy for teenagers in its platform. Furthermore, group sessions can also be found in this platform, covering more than twenty different topics related to mental health and mental illness. The pricing of BetterHelp is also pretty cost-effective, especially considering the fact that the platform offers financial aid to most users.
This article has explained if insurance covers Talkspace. We have also explained how you can find if insurance does cover you therapy. In addition to this, we have looked at some of the short-term and long-term benefits of going to therapy.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.