Who can see my monday.com boards?
This article will explain who can see your monday.com boards. We shall also be discussing the different board types that are available in monday.com and the various functions that you can perform with a board. Lastly, we shall be discussing the importance of project management tools like monday.com for organizations and teams.
Who can see my monday.com boards?
This depends on the type of your board. monday.com allows three type of boards, namely main boards, shareable boards as well as private boards. Main boards can be easily viewed by anyone in your team, while shareable boards are used for external collaboration. Private boards, however, can only be viewed by those who have been invited to view it.
Board types in monday.com
monday.com offers its users various types of boards that can be used according to their needs and requirements. The various board types have been explained in this section:
Main can be easily viewed by anyone who is on your team. This brings more transparency and accessibility to your teams as the information is out there for everyone to see. Main boards can be created in all the plans of monday.com, including the Free Plan. Users can also create an unlimited number of boards for their account.
Shareable boards are those that you want to specifically share with someone outside of your team. It can be with another team, another user or another organization itself. Thus, shareable boards help in external collaboration in the organization. To share these boards, you will need to invite other collaborators as guests to your account on monday.com.
There are also private boards on monday.com. However, this feature is not available in all the plans of monday.com. It is only present in the Pro and Enterprise plan of monday.com. Private boards can be used for internal use and to protect the safety of very sensitive data. These boards can be viewed only with the right permissions and authorizations.
Functions of a board
In this part, we shall explain the basics of a board in monday.com and how you can work your way around these for your projects and tasks.
- By default, there will always be a board in your workspace on monday.com. If you want to add a new board to your workspace, click the + new button. This is located on the left panel of your screen.
Picture credit: monday.com
- In case you want to delete a board, you can click on the three dots menu that is present in the upper right corner of your screen. From the drop down menu, click on the Delete/Archive option and choose Delete.
- Since monday.com offers three types of boards for its users, you might want to change the board type to suit your needs and requirements. To change a board type, simply click on the three dots menu and then click on board settings which will give you options to change your board type.
- If you are the board owner, which means you have created the board, you can also make other subscribers of the board co-owners.
- With the high levels of customization and flexibility available in monday.com, you can also customize all the features of the board. This means you can play around with the groups on the board and also the items. You can also customize the columns to suit your projects in a better manner.
- In case you want to print a board, you can do this by clicking on the three dots menu which you will find at the top right corner of your screen. Click on the option ‘More action’ and then choose ‘Print board’. You will then get a print preview which you can easily adjust and customize.
Importance of project management tools
Project management tools like monday.com bring plenty of advantages and benefits for teams as well as individuals. Some of these benefits of using project management tools have been described as follows:
They can improve remote working
Since more and more employees are opting for remote working for flexibility as well as safety issues, organizations need to come up with new tools that can bring more efficiency to remote workers. Project management tools are great solutions for this as they can be accessed from anywhere as long as there is a stable internet connection.
They increase collaboration
There is also more collaboration between team members due to project management boards. This becomes necessary as effective collaboration is the key to success for any organization. In addition to this, these tools also provide plenty of means and methods to communicate and interact with each other.
They can help in productivity
Productivity levels and work efficiency levels in teams also considerably increase when teams work through project management tools. This is because there is more transparency and ownership of tasks and thus a lot more responsibility and accountability in the project. Team members certainly work with more gusto through a project management tool.
They bring more security
These digital tools provide high security features that can be important for the safety of the user and customer data. Thus, project management tools are fitted with security features like strong firewalls, multi-step authentications and end-to-end encryptions.
This article has explained who can see your monday.com boards. We have also discussed the different board types that are available in monday.com and the various functions that you can perform with a board. Lastly, we have discussed the importance of project management tools like monday.com for organizations and teams.