In this article, we are going to talk about what should an appropriate reaction be when someone shouts at you.
We know these are uncomfortable situations that most of us had to/will have to deal with at least once in a lifetime. Keep reading for our recommendations.
How to deal with people who shout at you
First you need to understand the reason someone is shouting at you so that you can act accordingly.
For example, if a parent shouts at you, there is a big possibility that he is doing it because he wants your own good.
In such a case you might just want to control your own anger and walk away.
If a friend shouted at you then you must assertively reply saying that you don’t like someone to talk to you that way.
In all cases you need to make it clear in an assertive way that this is not acceptable and that you are totally ready to completely avoid the person who does so.
People get angry and yell for several reasons. Sometimes, they don’t know how else to express their sense of helplessness.
They might want control, be overwhelmed, or seek attention.
When yelling is someone’s go-to method for dealing with challenges, they are unlikely to adopt a different tactic unless they must.
People who have lost control are irrational and can’t take in lots of details when you speak to them at the height of their anger.
They will, however, notice your tone. Talk calmly using your everyday voice.
It’s important to let the person yelling know you won’t have a conversation while they shout.
Tell them you want to listen to them, but not until they are calm. If you feel you are in danger, since the individual could become violent, go somewhere safe rather than hanging around.
It’s scary to be shouted at, but you can cope well if you stay unruffled.
Use a calm tone of voice as you inform the person yelling you will have a conversation when they are composed and approachable.
They will learn you don’t respond to them when they raise their voice and they must stay calm if they want to talk to you.
5 when someone shouts at you quotes
1. “The battle is all over except the “shouting” when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.”
― Napoleon Hill
2. “A celebrity starts being a cele-crazy when he’s seen often, he’s just like the ordinary man in the streets. Without much ado to shout his name, i go my way.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson
3. “You may find that yes, your partner tends to shout easily, but the shouting contains no malice and passes quickly. Perhaps your partner’s short fuse does not prevent them from being loving and supportive. In that case, you may have found a gem whom others have avoided because they cannot get past the bursts of temper. But if you find that time after time, a partner or close friend disappoints you by being just like a difficult parent, then you would do well to consider whether you are selecting someone who helps you reproduce that difficult relationship.”
― Terri Apter, Difficult Mothers: Understanding and Overcoming Their Power
4. “You can shout through your art, through your clothes, through your ideas, through your silence, through your stance! Instead of shouting through your mouth, choose the above elegant ways of shouting!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan
5. “The bigger the call, the smaller the voice. Therefore, we’d be wise to ignore anything that’s shouting.”
― Craig D. Lounsbrough
15 when someone shouts at you quotes
1. “Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.”
[Address at the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Houghton, Johannesburg, South Africa, 23 November 2004]”
― Desmond Tutu
2. “Do you know, the only people I can have a conversation with are the Jews? At least when they quote scripture at you they are not merely repeating something some priest has babbled in their ear. They have the great merit of disagreeing with nearly everything I say. In fact, they disagree with almost everything they say themselves. And most importantly, they don’t think that shouting strengthens their argument.”
― Iain Pears, The Dream of Scipio
3. “But there were too many points at which the other self could invade the self he wanted to preserve, and there were too many forms of invasion: certain words, sounds, lights, actions his hands or feet performed, and if he did nothing at all, heard and saw nothing, the shouting of some triumphant inner voice that shocked him and cowed him.”
― Patricia Highsmith, Strangers on a Train
4. “I do not like the raw sound of the human voice in unison unless it is under the discipline of music.”
― Flannery O’Connor, The Habit of Being: Letters of Flannery O’Connor
5. “It is the nature of physics to hear the loudest of mouths over the most comprehensive ones.”
― Criss Jami, Killosophy
6. “Dang! Look at that RAINBOW!” Piper shouted, accidently spewing bits of apple pie from her overstuffed mouth. All quickly turned and saw…
…exactly what Piper claimed, a rainbow.”
― Victoria Forester, The Girl Who Could Fly
7. “we only shout when we neglect what silence can do”
― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
8. “We can’t change the world by shouting, but our words can have meaning if we give them enough respect.”
― Evan Meekins, The Black Banner
9. “Silence might be a shout for the truth. It might be the speech that someday, in its truest, most uncontaminated, unadulterated state, all will be revealed.”
― Criss Jami, Healology
10. “The trick with a truly successful intimidation is not to rely on volume or obscenity, but to cultivate that quiet certainty which informs any listener that your people will do the shouting for you, should the moment come.”
― Claire North, The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
11. “A true love is not shouting and yelling for your beloved, but silently struggling for her honor”
― M.F. Moonzajer
12. “Shouting is obvious; not talking to each other slips by.”
― John Eldredge, Love and War: Finding the Marriage You’ve Dreamed of
13. “There’s nothing to try, Ethan. It’s over. It’s too late.” She barely whispered, but it felt like she was shouting.”
― Kami Garcia, Beautiful Redemption
14. “I began to cry but maintained my shouting through it, like a wind through sheets of rain.”
― Olivia Sudjic, Sympathy
15. “There is another dangerous component to armed robberies, one that I could never understand. I noticed some time ago that with each robbery I committed there was an intense out of control anger that gripped me. It was as if I was there to get something that was inherently mine, and I came to take it by force. I’ve heard many stories directly from individuals about how they just burst into stores with their guns drawn. They would be shouting at people, gun butting them sometimes for no reason at all. One individual told me that he ran into a store and jump kicked a fella who just stood there. The only reason he was kicked is that he was there.
It’s as if once you’ve overridden your conscience of going through with the act, it is replaced with anger and a level of brutality that is usually reserved for when you are fighting for your life. This, to me, is what makes armed robberies so dangerous—because the slightest provocation or any sudden movement by anyone could lead to them being shot or killed. It is always an extremely delicate and dicey situation because the armed robber is pulling the trigger out of fear more than anything else.”
― Drexel Deal, The Fight of My Life is Wrapped Up in My Father
20 when someone shouts at you quotes
1. “Waking up to the sounds of car horns and people shouting at me was how I would know I had fallen asleep while driving.”
― Steven Magee
2. I simply do not think that yelling, swearing, threatening or belittling will get you to the place you want to be faster than kindness, understanding, patience and a little willingness to compromise. – Rachel Nichols
3. There should be no yelling in the home unless there is a fire.
- David O. McKay
4. You just let your lower self go, and then it takes on all these aspects of the society – the city with horns blowing, the people yelling things at each other, and the all-in-all violence and chaos of the city. Put that on stage with music, and that’s what this is.
- Alice Cooper
5. Getting angry doesn’t solve anything.
- Grace Kelly
6. Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole.
- Adam Duritz
7. When Donald Trump is in trouble, he starts yelling, he starts screaming. He starts insulting. He starts cursing.
- Ted Cruz
8. In saying what is obvious, never choose cunning. Yelling works better.
- Cynthia Ozick
9. We all started snowboarding in the beginning as a family just to be closer together, go on trips. It was our soccer, but instead of Dad yelling at me from the sideline he is there riding with me and hitting the jumps even before I am hitting them.
- Shaun White
10. I don’t like yelling and fighting, and I can’t quarrel.
- Grace Kelly
11. When I was 26, 27 years old I was running a kitchen in New York, and I was a raving lunatic. The older you get, you figure out you don’t need to do that. You realize at a certain point, there’s a certain gravity to what you say and what you do. If that’s not enough, all the yelling in the world is not going to matter.
- Tom Colicchio
12. Instead of yelling and spanking, which don’t work anyway, I believe in finding creative ways to keep their attention – turning things into a game, for instance. And, when they do something good, positive reinforcement and praise.
- Patricia Richardson
13. My mom is still yelling at me because she needs more autographed pictures.
14. There is no singing anymore, everything is yelling and shouting and rapping and that is really boring to a guy like me.
- Sebastian Bach
15. Anybody singing the blues is in a deep pit yelling for help.
16. The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying, ‘Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.’ She’s got a baseball bat and yelling, ‘You want a piece of me?’
17. I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming. They don’t know I’m only using blanks.
- Emo Philips
18. Sometimes, with two strikes and two outs, I step off the mound. People are yelling, they’re yelling really loud. I step off because I want to feel it. You’ve got all that adrenaline going, you’ve got that rush. People think I’m thinking about something, but I’m just trying to listen to everyone and feed off it.
- Eric Gagne
19. I had never been in charge of anything. I’d always worked for someone. I worked for a furniture warehouse. I did masonry. I always had a boss yelling at me. So I’d never been in charge of an organization.
20. A wise man will always allow a fool to rob him of ideas without yelling “Thief.”
If he is wise he has not been impoverished.
Nor has the fool been enriched.
The thief flatters us by stealing.
We flatter him by complaining.
- Ben Hecht
25 when someone shouts at you quotes
- That’s one of the great things about Thanksgiving: Football’s on!
- It was all those biographies in me yelling, ‘We want out. We want to tell you what we’ve done to you.’
- Bernard Malamud
- President Bush spent last night calling world leaders to support the war with Iraq and it is sad when the most powerful man on earth is yelling, ‘I know you’re there, pick up, pick up.
- Craig Kilborn
- Yelling Irish you can sound like an angry Leprechaun.
- Norman Reedus
- It’s not tough at all as long as the fans are yelling, screaming and hollering.
6. Where there is shouting, there is no true knowledge.
- Leonardo da Vinci
7. We cannot learn from one another until we stop shouting at one another – until we speak quietly enough so that our words can be heard as well as our voices.
- Richard M. Nixon
8. My father always used to say, “Don’t raise your voice. Improve your argument.”
- Desmond Tutu
9. It is no use speaking in soft, gentle tones if everyone else is shouting.
- Joseph Priestley
10. Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.”
[Address at the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Houghton, Johannesburg, South Africa, 23 November 2004]
- Desmond Tutu
11. Power is not merely shouting aloud. Power is to act positively with all the components of power.
- Gamal Abdel Nasser
12. I’d been shouting and shouting and no-one wanted to hear me.
- Brenda Fassie
13. People are always shouting they want to create a better future. It’s not true. The future is an apathetic void of no interest to anyone.
- Milan Kundera
14. Laughter drives shouting away.
- Indra Devi
15. Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole.
- Adam Duritz
17. In marketing you must choose between boredom, shouting and seduction. Which do you want?
- Roy H. Williams
18. For one has the right to shout. So, I am shouting.
- Clarice Lispector
19. There is no singing anymore, everything is yelling and shouting and rapping and that is really boring to a guy like me.
- Sebastian Bach
20. When the devil is shouting ‘no way’, get ready…the way is about to show up.
- Jerry Savelle
21. Just to be seen strolling to or from a helicopter on the White House lawn, shouting an evasive answer to Sam Donaldson, must seem to the Reagans not quite satisfactory enough of a 7 PM presence, and this inane scene certainly galls the press.
- Thomas B. Griffith
22. The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
23. I’ve never done anything so political before. I’ve spent years shouting my mouth off about serious issues over dinner tables but never really had the confidence to express my views in a song.
- George Michael
24. Boxing is the toughest and loneliest sport in the world.
- Frank Bruno
25. I want to see you shoot the way you shout.
- Theodore Roosevelt
30 when someone shouts at you quotes
- Tell me the truth – do you think I’ve lost my Southern accent? I feel it comes back to me only when I’m shouting at fights or at baseball games.
- Cleo Moore
- The most intense curiosity and excitement prevailed, and though the weather was uncertain, enormous masses of densely packed people lined the road, shouting and waving hats and handkerchiefs as we flew by them.
- Fanny Kemble
- He has made me glad and no one can make me sad. He makes me shout and no one can make me doubt.- Billy Bray
- Quit shouting those rerun songs at me.
- Wesley Willis
- There was nothing wrong with shouting at God.
- Robert Duvall
- He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting ‘All the Gods are fools.’
- Terry Pratchett
- I’ve always wanted a C trumpet on top, to have that same kind of facility without shouting.
- Gerry Mulligan
- It’s a miracle was the last track recorded for the album, we based it on the rhythm from the middle of ‘Late Home Tonight, where there’s Graham Broad playing lots and lots of drums with me shouting in the background, pretending to be a mad Arab leader.
- Roger Waters
- Liberty is a great celestial Goddess, strong, beneficent, and austere, and she can never descend upon a nation by the shouting of crowds, nor by arguments of unbridled passion, nor by the hatred of class against class.
- Annie Besant
- We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it.
- Kim Il-sung
- The enemies of freedom do not argue; they shout and they shoot.
- William Ralph Inge
- The crowd, still shouting, gives way before us. We plough our way through. Women hold their aprons over their faces and go stumbling away. A roar of fury goes up. A wounded man is being carried off.
- Erich Maria Remarque
- Those of us who shout the loudest about Americanism, are all too frequently those who . . . ignore some of the basic principles of Americanism-the right to criticize, the right to hold unpopular beliefs, the right to protest, the right of independent thought.
- Margaret Chase Smith
- Before he (Francis Bacon) came along, people conducted all their arguments through a series of logical fallacies or simply shouting louder than the other guy, or, if they did use facts, they only selected ones that reinforced their prejudices and advanced their ideas.” Oberon replies “don’t they still do that?
- Kevin Hearne
- A judgment about life has no meaning except the truth of the one who speaks last, and the mind is at ease only at the moment when everyone is shouting at once and no one can hear a thing.
- Georges Bataille
- The easiest way to get a reputation is to go outside the fold, shout around for a few years as a violent atheist or a dangerous radical, and then crawl back to the shelter.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The battle is all over except the ‘shouting’ when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
- Napoleon Hill
- Do not trust the cheering, for those persons would shout as much if you or I were going to be hanged.
- Oliver Cromwell
- When evil men plot, good men must plan. When evil men burn and incendiary device, good men must build and bind. When evil men shout ugly words of hatred, good men must commit themselves to the glories of love.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- People are always shouting they want to create a better future. It’s not true. The future is an apathetic void of no interest to anyone. The past is full of life, eager to irritate us, provoke and insult us, tempt us to destroy or repaint it. The only reason people want to be masters of the future is to change the past.
- Milan Kundera
- It is the nature of physics to hear the loudest of mouths over the most comprehensive ones.
- Criss Jami
- I’m embarrassed when I see Brits abroad; they have their tops off, wear flip flops, and shout at the top of their voices.
- Noel Gallagher
- I must exchange whispers with God before shouts with the world.
- Lysa TerKeurst
- Society evolves not by shouting each other down, but by the unique capacity of unique, individual human beings to comprehend each other.
- Lewis Thomas
- I didn’t take a job on Fox News because I’m interested in progress. I’m interested in shouting and pointing and simplifying things!
- Russell Brand
- Our shouting is louder than our actions, Our swords are taller than us, This is our tragedy. In short We wear the cape of civilisation But our souls live in the stone age
- Nizar Qabbani
- Better not be a hero than work oneself up into heroism by shouting lies.
- George Santayana
- It is just as hard to do your duty when men are sneering at you as when they are shouting at you.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Art begs you to notice it. Why? Because art is God’s way of saying hello. So pay attention to poetry. Pay attention to music. Pay attention to paintings and sculptures and photo exhibits and ballets and plays. Don’t let all this go unnoticed. Your world is shouting out to you, revealing something intrinsically glorious about itself. Listen carefully. Love art, the way art loves life.
- Neale Donald Walsch
- An argument in a couple: 2 people attempting to introduce each other to important truths – by panicked shouting.
- Alain de Botton
35 when someone shouts at you quotes
- I don’t think a man has to go around shouting and play-acting to prove he is something. And a real man doesn’t go around putting other guys down, trampling their feelings in the dirt, making out they’re nothing.
- Joe Frazier
- I don’t think a man has to go around shouting and play-acting to prove he is something. And a real man don’t go around putting other guys down, trampling their feelings in the dirt, making out they’re nothing.
- Joe Frazier
- She heard pa shouting,”Jiminy crickets!It’s raining fish-hooks and hammer handles!
- Laura Ingalls Wilder
- There was something peculiarly gratifying about shouting in a blind rage until your words ran out. Of course, the aftermath was less pleasant. Once you’d told everyone you hated them and not to come after you, where exactly did you go?
- Cassandra Clare
- But there were too many points at which the other self could invade the self he wanted to preserve, and there were too many forms of invasion: certain words, sounds, lights, actions his hands or feet performed, and if he did nothing at all, heard and saw nothing, the shouting of some triumphant inner voice that shocked him and cowed him.
- Patricia Highsmith
- There was something peculiarly gratifying about shouting in a blind rage until your words ran out.
- Cassandra Clare
- I’ve just been playing the Trout Quintet on the phonograph. Listening to the andantino makes me want to be a trout myself. You can’t help rejoicing and laughing, however moved or sad you feel, when you see the springtime clouds in the sky, the budding branches, moved by the wind, in the bright early sunlight. I’m really looking forward to the spring again. In that piece of Schubert’s you can positively feel and smell the breeze and hear the birds and the whole of creation shouting for joy.
- Sophie Scholl
- If you do not learn to hate you will never be lonely enough to love easily nor will you always be brave, although it does not grow any easier. Do not pretend to convenient beliefs, even when they are righteous; you will never be able to defend your city while shouting.
- Audre Lorde
- You try getting through the Hollows traffic with a high redhead hanging out the window shouting, ‘I’m king of the world!’ ~Lee
- Kim Harrison
- The tumalt and shouting dies, The captains and the kings depart. Still stands thine ancient sacrifice, An humble and a contrite heat. Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet, Lest we forget, lest we forget.
- Gudyard Kipling
- And Hermione was struggling to her feet in the wreckage, and three red-headed men were grouped on the ground where the wall had blasted apart. Harry grabbed Hermione’s hand as they staggered and stumbled over stone and wood. ‘No – no – no!’ someone was shouting. ‘No! Fred! No!’ And Percy was shaking his brother, and Ron was kneeling beside them, and Fred’s eyes stared without seeing, the ghost of his last laugh still etched upon his face.
- J. K. Rowling
12. I am a star in the firmament that observe the world, despises the world and consumed in its heat. I am the sea by night in a storm the sea shouting that accumulates new sins and to the ancient makes recompense. I am exiled from your world of pride polite, by pride defrauded, I am the king without crown. I am the passion without words without stones of the hearth, without weapons in the war, is my same force that make me sick
– Hermann Hesse
13. Two-thirds of all preachers, doctors and lawyers are hanging on to the coat tails of progress, shouting, whoa! while a good many of the rest are busy strewing banana peels along the line of march.
– Elbert Hubbard
14. The world is full of warfare ‘twixt the evil and the good;I watched the battle from afar as one who understoodThe shouting and confusion, the bloody, blundering fight-How few there are that see it clear, how few that wage it right!
– Henry Van D.
15. History is a conversation and sometimes a shouting match between present and past, though often the voices we most want to hear are barely audible.
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
16. I’m not big on rap, to be honest. I just don’t get it. It’s angry people shouting. I like a song, melodies, people singing.
– Paul Weller
17. Outrage is easy, cheap, and oversold. The nation needs less anger and more thoughtful reflection, less shouting and more listening, less dissembling and more honesty.
– Mario Cuomo
18. In a roomful of shouting people, the one who whispers becomes interesting.
– Peter Schmidt
19. When I’m shouting at the defence, subtitles come up in front of the goal.
– Shay Given
20. As he rounded the corner, he saw two dozen men, naked to the waist, digging a hole thirty yards square at the side of the path. For a moment he was baffled. It seemed to have no agricultural purpose; there was no more planting or ploughing to be done. Then he realized what it was. They were digging a mass grave. He thought of shouting an order to about turn or at least to avert their eyes, but they were almost on it, and some of them had already seen their burial place. The songs died on their lips and the air was reclaimed by the birds.
– Sebastian Faulks
21. Russia, Russia – unwashed, backward, appealing Russia, so ashamed of your own backwardness, so orientally determined to conceal it from us by clever deceit. So sensitive and so suspicious in the face of the wicked, civilized west. I shall always remember you slyly, touchingly, but with great shouting and confusion – pumping hot water into our sleeping car in the frosty darkness of a December morning in order that we might not know, in order that we might never realize, to how primitive a land we had come.
– George F. Kennan
22. My divorce has changed my life. I don’t cry anymore. My bad dreams are starting to go away. I feel stronger, as if all these ordeals have toughened me. When I go out in the street, sometimes women in the neighborhood call to me, congratulating me and shouting ‘Mabrouk!’ – a word once tainted by evil memories, but which I know like to hear again. And shouted by women I don’t even know! I blush, but deep down I’m so proud.
– Nujood Ali
23. Art is really whispering, not shouting.
– Duane Michals
24. This was not an attack by a mentally deranged, lone-wolf gunman. This was not an ‘un-Islamic’ attack by a bunch of thugs – the perpetrators could be heard shouting that they were avenging the Prophet Muhammad. Nor was it spontaneous. It was planned to inflict maximum damage, during a staff meeting, with automatic weapons and a getaway plan. It was designed to sow terror, and in that it has worked.
– Ayaan Hirsi Ali
25. On our way home we were waiting for the bus when a very fat, pompous-looking woman reeled out of a pub shouting, “Melancholia? Ad nauseam.”
– Joe Orton
26. So what were Europeans telling their leaders? The general message was perfectly summed up by the cartoonist Chappatte, who drew a group of protesters holding up a placard shouting “Unhappy” – and one of their number shouting through a megaphone into the ballot box. There are 28 member states and 28 varieties of Unhappy.
– Timothy Garton Ash
27. Discipline is a difficult word for most of us. It conjures up images of somebody standing over you with a stick, telling you that you’re wrong. But self-discipline is different. It’s the skill of seeing through the hollow shouting of your own impulses and piercing their secret.
– Henepola Gunaratana
28. He came in shouting ‘goal of the season’ – typical Jonjo. He’s got that in the locker.
– Garry Monk
29. People all over this country are shouting at each other. And what we need to do is bring people together to work on the agreement where there is broad consensus and that’s what I intend to do.
– Bernie Sanders
30. I don’t think of my plays as steamy places where people display huge amounts of emotions. The feeling is underneath, which in my experience is where most feeling is. I don’t myself spend my life shouting in rooms, and I don’t really believe things in which people do spend their time in total hysteria.
– David Hare
31. I feel that a lot of British comedy is often too bombastic, too obvious, dressing up and shouting and pulling funny faces.
32. I haven’t raised my voice for eight to 10 years in the kitchen. And I won’t have anybody shouting. If I hear of anybody having a go at anyone else, they’ll get disciplined.
– Heston Blumenthal
33. As a producer, I try to bring as many nice people as I can to insure that there’s no screaming, there’s no shouting, there’s no bullying. The more of those kind of people that you can bring together, the better the experience everyone has on set.
– Lorenzo di Bonaventura
34. For me, when I grew up playing music, I played music in church and people were shouting and having a big time, and church wasn’t something where it was subdued. If you played something, you brought it to church with you.
– Randy Owen
35. With these shreds They vented their complainings, which being answered And a petition granted them, a strange one, To break the heart of generosity, And make bold power look pale, they threw their caps As they would hang them on the horns o’ th’ moon, Shouting their emulation.
– William Shakespeare
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
40 when someone shouts at you quotes
1. Although I never marched through the streets shouting for Mao, I do believe that the liberation of China at the end of the 1940s was a wonderful thing and to provide its people with a billion pairs of shoes and trousers was a fantastic achievement.
– Henning Mankell
2. Constantly stopping to explain oneself may expand into a frustrating burden for the rare individual, so ceasing to do so is like finally dropping the weights and sprinting towards his goals. Those who insincerely misunderstand, who intentionally distort the motives of a pure-intentioned individual, then, no longer have the opportunity to block his path; instead, they are the ones left to stand on the sidelines shouting frustratedly in the wind of his trail.
– Criss Jami
3. Regard yourself as a small corporation of one. Take yourself off on team-building exercises (long walks). Hold a Christmas party every year at which you stand in the corner of your writing room, shouting very loudly to yourself while drinking a bottle of white wine.
– Will Self
4. I’m quite claustrophobic, and I don’t like everyone crowding around and shouting the same questions.
– Niall Horan
5. The forces of safety are afoot in the land. I, for one, believe it is a conspiracy – a conspiracy of Safety Nazis shouting “Sieg Health” and seeking to trammel freedom, liberty, and large noisy parties. The Safety Nazis advocate gun control, vigorous exercise, and health foods. The result can only be a disarmed, exhausted, and half-starved population ready to acquiesce to dictatorship of some kind.
– P. J. O’Rourke
6. Praise be to Nero’s Neptune The Titanic sails at dawn And everybody’s shouting “Which Side Are You On?” And Ezra Pound and T.S. Eliot Fighting in the captain’s tower While calypso singers laugh at them And fishermen hold flowers.
– Bob Dylan
7. Is America a land of God where saints abide for ever? Where golden fields spread fair and broad, where flows the crystal river? Certainly not flush with saints, and a good thing, too, for the saints sent buzzing into man’s ken now are but poor-mouthed ecclesiastical film stars and clich?-shouting publicity agents. Their little knowledge bringing them nearer to their ignorance, ignorance bringing them nearer to death, but nearness to death no nearer to God.
– Sean O’Casey
8. American democracy is the inalienable right to sit on your front porch, in your pyjamas, drinking a can of intoxicating drink and shouting out ‘Where else is this possible?’ Which doesn’t seem to me to be freedom, really.
– Peter Ustinov
9. Many great writers address audiences who do not exist; to address passionately and sometimes with very great wisdom people who do not exist has this advantage – that there will always be a group of people who, seeing a man shouting apparently at somebody or other, and seeing nobody else in sight, will think it is they who are being addressed.
– Wyndham Lewis
10. After decades spent in rewrite rooms surrounded by other shouting writers, I discovered that I work best alone. I like being in charge of my time, working out the problems according to my own rhythms and being able to nap. That’s a big one, the napping on demand!
– Maria Semple
11. You do not get peace by shouting: Peace. Peace is a meaningless word; what we need is a glorious peace.
– Napoleon Bonaparte
12. I feel like shouting, hallelujah, all the time, when I think that I ever I knew Joseph Smith, the Prophet.
– Brigham Young
13. The slave will be free. Democracy in America will yet be a glorious reality; and when the top-stone of that temple of freedom which our fathers left unfinished shall be brought forth with shoutings and cries of grace unto it, when our now drooping Liberty lifts up her head and prospers, happy will he be who can say, with John Milton, “Among those who have something more than wished her welfare, I, too, have my charter and freehold of rejoicing to me and my heirs.”
– John Greenleaf Whittier
14. The fact that I’m shouting that I have Gangnam style makes people crack up. Imagine if Brad Pitt was singing the song – would it be funny? A twist is important when it comes to writing lyrics.
15. We did respect [Bernard Leach], although we also were willing to challenge ideas and at least put forth our feelings about the way the pottery was run, about things that were done, about the pots we were making, etc. And we would get into sometimes some very fierce arguments. We’d be shouting at one another because of disagreements.
– Warren MacKenzie
16. I immediately split the crowd. I thought about coming on every night and shouting, ‘Gay pride, white power!’ just to confuse people.
– Doug Stanhope
17. My real pleasure is that 4 times a week 1,800 people are standing up and shouting on Broadway for an author who died hundreds of years ago.
– Terry Hands
18. I thought the original Communist revolutionaries coordinated themselves a bit better and didn’t go around shouting about it.
– John Lennon
19. Progress was a labyrinth … people plunging blindly in and then rushing wildly back, shouting that they had found it … the invisible king-the élan vital-the principle of evolution … writing a book, starting a war, founding a school.
– F. Scott Fitzgerald
20. A panda walks into a tea room and ordered a salad and ate it. Then it pulled out a pistol, shot the man in the next table dead, and walked out. Everyone rushed after it, shouting “Stop! Stop! Why did you do that?” “Becuase I am a panda,” said the panda. “That’s what pandas do. If you don’t believe me, look in the dictionary.” So they looked in the dictionary and sure enough they found Panda: Racoon-like animal of Asia. Eats shoots and leaves.
– Ursula K. Le Guin
21. There were a lot of people shouting out. I know it’s not proper tennis etiquette, but this is the first time I’ve ever played here that the crowd has been behind me like that. Today I felt American, you know, for the first time at the U.S. Open. So I’ve waited my whole career to have this moment and here it is. … It was great. It was awesome. It was like winning gold.
– Venus Williams
22. But the gospel doesn’t need a coalition devoted to keeping the wrong people out. It needs a family of sinners, saved by grace, committed to tearing down the walls, throwing open the doors, and shouting, “Welcome! There’s bread and wine. Come eat with us and talk.” This isn’t a kingdom for the worthy; it’s a kingdom for the hungry.
– Rachel Held Evans
23. The drum-fire of propaganda that the Fed is manning the ramparts against the menace of inflation brought about by others is nothing less than a deceptive shell game. The culprit solely responsible for inflation, the Federal Reserve, is continually engaged in raising a hue-and-cry about ‘inflation,’ for which virtually everyone else in society seems to be responsible. What we are seeing is the old ploy by the robber who starts shouting ‘Stop, thief!’ and runs down the street pointing ahead at others.
– Murray Rothbard
24. If only all the contradictory voices shouting in my head would calm down and sing a song in unison, whatever it was I wouldn’t care as long as they sang without dissonance.
– Ralph Ellison
25. Another thing I think should be avoided is extremely intense ideology because it cabbages up one’s mind. You see it a lot with T.V. preachers (many have minds made of cabbage) but it can also happen with political ideology. When you’re young it’s easy to drift into loyalties and when you announce that you’re a loyal member and you start shouting the orthodox ideology out, what you’re doing is pounding it in, pounding it in, and you’re gradually ruining your mind. So you want to be very, very careful of this ideology. It’s a big danger.
– Charlie Munger
26. Some leaders expect the team to read their minds on priorities, so they never provide the written and verbal guidance that we all need to feel we are contributing. Others can be heard shouting new priorities on an hourly basis. Both habits are very demotivating.
– Martin Zwilling
27. The voice of the Spirit is described in the scriptures as being neither loud nor harsh, not a voice of thunder, neither a voice of great tumultuous noise, but rather as still and small, of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it can pierce even the very soul and cause the heart to burn. The Spirit does not get our attention by shouting.
– Boyd K. Packer
28. All the wisdom of the world consists of shouting with the majority.
– Thomas Reed
29. I’m into capturing the moment. Sometimes, I’ll rip the camera out of my assistant’s hands and he’ll be shouting, But there’s no film in the camera! and I think, Never mind! Let’s go.
– Ellen von Unwerth
30. In an effort to look cool, I am going to stop shouting Hey, you! at airplanes.
– Dana Gould
31. I remember running around the park as a kid and pretending, shouting out ‘Michael Owen in the cup final. He scores!’ To actually fulfil that dream when you’re older and score two goals made it just a magical day.
– Michael Owen
32. If you travel in countries like Morocco, and I say that because I have just come from Morocco, if people are shouting at each other in an argument, violence is not going to follow. That would be just so far removed.
– John Gimlette
33. We saw groups of people gathering in front of Lula’s house in Sao Paulo this morning. You had people shouting at one another, and some fistfights even broke out. Some of his supporters are claiming that this is equivalent of a coup attempt, an attempt to remove Rousseff from power and prevent Lula from running again. And other people are saying that this is simply a display of rule of law in Brazil, that no one in Brazil can be above the law at this time.
– Simon Romero
34. My mom is a big sports fans. Basketball, football, baseball, whatever. She calls into sports radio shows and gets into shouting matches, that’s how intense she is about it.
– Chris Hardwick
35. They benefit from all these people, “I just don’t like the fighting. Could you stop the shouting? All I want to do is just get along.” They’re easily able to bulldoze large groups of people into laying down and letting it happen in the hope that this will be peace, in the hope that there will be no confrontations, in the hope that the shouting will stop.
– Rush Limbaugh
36. The generation of women who came before us did much of our shouting. They laid the groundwork and now we can be calm and constant and steady.
– Julianna Baggott
37. There’s a long history in the Middle East of “bread intifadas,” starting with 1977 in Egypt, when Anwar Sadat tried to lift bread subsidies. People rebelled and poured into Tahrir Square, shouting slogans against the government just like they did earlier this year. Sadat learned his lesson and kept bread subsidies in place, and so did a host of other Middle Eastern dictators – many of whom were propped up for years by the West, partly through subsidized American wheat.
– Annia Ciezadlo
38. You know what’s funny about the people who say mean things? There’s a certain part of Twitter that is literally shouting into the void, and then sometimes when the void shouts back it’s like, “Whoa! I wasn’t expecting that. I got called out.” And then if you have a conversation, you find out they like something or they like that or they have questions about that.
– Alfred Gough
39. We are not going to eliminate imperialism by shouting insults at it.
– Amilcar Cabral
40. I feel like your city – with hip hop in particular, because we’re always beating our chest and shouting where we’re from – your city is just as influential as your parents. Even the grimy, hardcore gangster rap from New York – KRS-One and Wu Tang, the stuff acknowledges it.
– Talib Kweli
45 when someone shouts at you quotes
1. Then I lost him for a brief period of time, and by the time I caught up with him, he had wandered into Hyde Park, waded into the Serpetine, spread his arms wide, and was shouting, ‘Ducks, embrace me as your king!
– Cassandra Clare
2. Shouting something didn’t make it any more possible.
– Angie Sage
3. Any politician who starts shouting election-year demagoguery about the rich and the poor should be asked, “What about the other 90 percent of the people?”
– Thomas Sowell
4. I hate rap music, which to me sounds like a bunch of angry men shouting, possibly because the person who was supposed to provide them with a melody never showed up.
– Dave Barry
5. I can’t turn around without hearing about some ‘civil rights advance’s White people seem to think the black man ought to be shouting ‘hallelujah’s Four hundred years the white man has had his foot-long machete in the black man’s back — and now the white man starts to wiggle the machete out, maybe six inches! The black man’s supposed to be grateful? Why, if the white man jerked the machete out, it’s still going to leave a scar!
– Malcolm X
6. Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings; Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth of sun-split clouds, – and done a hundred things You have not dreamed of – wheeled and soared and swung High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there, I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung My eager craft through footless halls of air.
– John Gillespie Magee, Jr.
7. In the old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service and 70% of your time to shouting about it. In the new world, that inverts
– Jeff Bezos
8. Boxing is the toughest and loneliest sport in the world. You’ve got all the fans, lots of hangers-on jumping up and shouting different words. But when you actually go in the ring, it’s a very lonely and scary place. It’s just you and the other guy.
– Frank Bruno
9. You are never dedicated to do something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it’s going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it’s always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt.
– Robert M. Pirsig
10. Life – give me life until the end,
That at the very top of being,
The battle-spirit shouting in my blood,
Out of the reddest hell of the fight
I may be snatched and flung
Into the everlasting lull,
The immortal, incommunicable dream.
– William Ernest Henley
11. Civilization is a stream with banks. The stream is sometimes filled with blood from people killing, stealing, shouting and doing the things historians usually record, while on the banks, unnoticed, people build homes, make love, raise children, sing songs, write poetry and even whittle statues. The story of civilization is what happened on the banks.
– Will Durant
12. The longer you wait to decide what you want to do, the more time you’re wasting. It’s up to you to want something so badly that your passion shows through in your actions. Your actions, not your words, will do the shouting for you.
– Derek Jeter
13. There’s always the cliche of the choir shouting and clapping. OK, you have to do that, but there’s also introspective parts, parts where you just follow someone that’s preaching. There’s lots of different emotions and moods that a service requires.
– Wynton Marsalis
14. I know me, and I know that I’m not somebody that particularly merits a lot of screaming and shouting. And there’s nothing special about me as opposed to hundreds of thousands of other people everywhere.
– Daniel Radcliffe
15. The talk of pale, burning-eyed students, anarchists and utopians all, over tea and cigarettes in a locked room long past midnight, is next morning translated, with the literalness of utter innocence, into the throwing of the incendiary device, the shouting of the proud slogan, the dragging away of the young dreamer-doer, still smiling, to the dungeon and the firing squad.
– Christopher Isherwood
16. They were offered the choice between becoming kings or the couriers of kings. The way children would, they all wanted to be couriers. Therefore there are only couriers who hurry about the world, shouting to each other – since there are no kings – messages that have become meaningless. They would like to put an end to this miserable life of theirs but they dare not because of their oaths of service.
– Franz Kafka
17. America, to me, should be shouting all the time, a bunch of shouting voices, most of them wrong, some of them nuts, but please, not just one droning glamourous reasonable voice.
– George Saunders
18. People were standing up everywhere shouting, “This is me! This is me!” Every time you looked at them they stood up and told you who they were, and the truth of it was that they had no more idea who or what they were than he had. They believed their flashing signs, too. They ought to be standing up and shouting, “This isn’t me! This isn’t me!” They would if they had any decency. “This isn’t me!”
– Philip Roth
19. It’s funny how certain objects convey a message – my washer and dryer, for example. They can’t speak, of course, but whenever I pass them they remind me that I’m doing fairly well. “No more laundromat for you,” they hum. My stove, a downer, tells me every day that I can’t cook, and before I can defend myself my scale jumps in, shouting from the bathroom, “Well, he must be doing _something – _my numbers is off the charts.” The skeleton has a much more limited vocabulary, and says only one thing: “You are going to die.”
– David Sedaris
20. Harry was speeding toward the ground when the crowd saw him clap his hand to his mouth as though he was going to be sick-he hit the field on all fours-coughed-and something gold fell into his hand. ‘I’ve got the snitch!’ he shouted, waving it above his head, and the game ended in complete confusion. ‘He didn’t catch it, he nearly swalloed it,’ Flint was still howling twenty minutes later, but it made no difference-Harry hadn’t broken any rules and Lee Jordan was still happily shouting the results-Gryffindor had won by 170 points to 60.
– J. K. Rowling
21. Genius disregards the boundaries of propriety. Genius is permitted to shout if shouting is productive.
– Lois Lowry
22. We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves.
– Veronica Roth
23. What are the best things and the worst things in your life, and when are you going to get around to whispering or shouting them?
– Ray Bradbury
24. For a while he’d tried molding himself into the tragic Romantic hero, brooding and staring clench-jawed off into space as he composed dark verse in his head. But it turned out that trying to appear tragic in Incontinence, Indiana, was redundant, and his mother kept shouting at him and making him forget his rhymes. “Tommy, if you keep grinding your teeth like that, they’ll wear away and you’ll have to have dentures like Aunt Ester.” Tommy only wished his beard was as heavy as Aunt Ester’s—then he could stare out over the moors while he stroked it pensively.
– Christopher Moore
25. The next thing I knew I was listening to five people shouting. What was that all about, anyway?” (Luke) “Nothing,” chorused Clary, Simon, Alec, Magnus, and Jace in surprising and probably never-to-be-repeated unison. -pg.243-
– Cassandra Clare
26. I was awakened by a tremendous earthquake, and though I hadn ever before enjoyed a storm of this sort, the strange thrilling motion could not be mistaken, and I ran out of my cabin, both glad and frightened, shouting, “A noble earthquake! A noble earthquake” feeling sure I was going to learn something.
– John Muir
27. I think I have just always had an awareness that when you go to a premiere and people start cheering and shouting your name and stuff, they are shouting at a perception of you that they have.
– Daniel Radcliffe
29. When I was little I went to a Baptist Church with my grandmother. My earliest memories were of her falling out in the middle of the floor and they had to cover her with a white sheet. Every time we went to church it was scary. The music would start playing, and then everybody would start running and shouting and hollering and screaming.
– Sherri Shepherd
30. Kyo Sohma: One of these days I’ll make you say you’re sorry Yuki Sohma: looking bored I’m sorry. Kyo Sohma: Dammit That’s not what I meant Don’t you have any shame Yuki Sohma: still looking annoyed Yes I’m ashamed to be seen with you shouting in public. Kyo Sohma: Oh that’s it We’re taking this outside Yuki Sohma: still looking annoyed We ARE outside you stupid cat.
– Natsuki Takaya
31. Think of it this way: performing is like sprinting while screaming for three, four minutes. And then you do it again. And then you do it again. And then you walk a little, shouting the whole time. And so on. Your adrenaline quickly overwhelms your conditioning.
– Bruce Springsteen
32. Getting recognized is sort of weird anyway. I’m 17 now. You get the odd person sort of shouting out “Ron!” or something. And my hair at the moment sort of stands out a bit, can’t really avoid it.
– Rupert Grint
33. I feel that a lot of British comedy is often too bombastic, too obvious, dressing up and shouting and pulling funny faces.
– Ricky Gervais
34. The world that used to nurse us now keeps shouting inane instructions. That’s why I ran to the woods.
– Jim Harrison
35. I must have been sound asleep if i missed all that shouting-Simon What shouting?-Derek you mean that Chole just told you she followed a ghost onto a roof, and you didnt blast her all the way to Canada?-Simon He’s a little off this morning-Chole More than a little i’ll say.-Simon
– Kelley Armstrong
36. Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.
– Jenkin Lloyd Jones
37. Your God person puts an apple tree in the middle of a garden and says, do what you like, guys, oh, but don’t eat the apple. Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting “Gotcha”. It wouldn’t have made any difference if they hadn’t eaten it.’ ‘Why not?’ ‘Because if you’re dealing with somebody who has the sort of mentality which likes leaving hats on the pavement with bricks under them you know perfectly well they won’t give up. They’ll get you in the end.
– Douglas Adams
38. Until I lose my soul and lie Blind to the beauty of the earth, Deaf though shouting wind goes by, Dumb in a storm of mirth; Until my heart is quenched at length And I have left the land of men, Oh, let me love with all my strength Careless if I am loved again.
– Sara Teasdale
39. Do you know, the only people I can have a conversation with are the Jews? At least when they quote scripture at you they are not merely repeating something some priest has babbled in their ear. They have the great merit of disagreeing with nearly everything I say. In fact, they disagree with almost everything they say themselves. And most importantly, they don’t think that shouting strengthens their argument.
– Iain Pears
40. Then something occurred to me. “Get closer,” I told Blackjack. He whinnied in protest. “Just within shouting distance,” I said. “I need to talk to the statue.” Now I’m sure you’ve lost it, boss, Blackjack said
– Rick Riordan
41. Sorry Johnny.” “Sorry for what ” “For shouting at you. It’s just that when I think about the future I keep panicking. It’s like falling from the top of the stairs in the dark not knowing where I’ll end up.” He put his arm around my shoulders. “I understand. Life is precarious for most of us but more so for you. What you forget is what most of your friends see in you.” “What’s that ” “The ability to beat the odds…” “And fall on my feet ” He nodded. “I just hope that lasts.” “It will Catkin it will. It wouldn’t dare fail you.
– Julia Golding
42. Kyo Sohma: One of these days I’ll make you say you’re sorry Yuki Sohma: looking bored I’m sorry. Kyo Sohma: Dammit That’s not what I meant Don’t you have any shame Yuki Sohma: still looking annoyed Yes I’m ashamed to be seen with you shouting in public. Kyo Sohma: Oh that’s it We’re taking this outside Yuki Sohma: still looking annoyed We ARE outside you stupid cat.
– Natsuki Takaya
43. I was awakened by a tremendous earthquake, and though I hadn ever before enjoyed a storm of this sort, the strange thrilling motion could not be mistaken, and I ran out of my cabin, both glad and frightened, shouting, “A noble earthquake! A noble earthquake” feeling sure I was going to learn something.
– John Muir
44. He was certain he was anorectic, because every time he looked in a mirror he saw a fat man. It was the Archchancellor, standing behind him and shouting at him.
– Terry Pratchett
45. Once I saw Paris Hilton leaving a restaurant in Hollywood and the paparazzi cameras were all over her. It looked so unpleasant. It wasn’t because she didn’t look sensational – she was that perfect combination of fashionable and slutty – it was because the paparazzi guys were shouting these insanely rude and intrusive questions at her. Like, asking her who she was sleeping with and stuff. I was kind of interested in the answer, so I was glad they asked, but it was still gross.
– Mindy Kaling
50 when someone shouts at you quotes
1. The road to hell is paved with reasonable religion with a non-anxious god. Most days, I’m pretty happy driving down that road. But I keep running into this Crazy Fellow along the way. At every stop light, he jumps up and down to get my attention. He pounds on my window asking me where the heck I think I’m going. He stands on the front bumper, shouting at me to turn around. When all else fails, he throws himself in front of the car. He’s such a drama queen.
– Mark Galli
2. I like a tranquil, even-keeled, self-controlled God. A God who doesn’t fly off the handle at the least provocation. A God who lives one step above the fray. A God who has that British stiff upper lip even when disaster is looming. When I read my Bible, though, I keep running into a different God, and I’m not pleased. This God says he “hates” sin. Well, he usually yells it. Read the prophets. It’s just one harangue after another, all in loud decibels. And when the shouting is over, then comes the pouting. … When all else fails, he throws himself in front of the car.
– Mark Galli
3. Each of these “houses of hope” had their own unique “ingredients” based on their inheritance, but I also saw some common ingredients that were shared by all: … In conclusion, the Lord is saying, “Because of what has been loosed on the earth, angels are ascending and descending, as well as demons. My people must run into the house of hope! The river will take you there! This is not a fearful thing. Respond!” I am hearing the Lord giving this call to the nations. Don’t be like Reuben in Judges 5, who couldn’t decide, Do I go, do I stay? The Lord is shouting, “Run into that house of hope!”
– Bob Hartley
4. People aren’t really paying attention when they’re listening to your record, so unless you’re shouting exactly what you want them to hear, they don’t pay attention.
– Geoff Rickly
5. I honor and revere the name of Joseph Smith. I delight to hear it; I love it. I love his doctrine. I feel like shouting Hallelujah, all the time, when I think that I ever knew Joseph Smith, the Prophet whom the Lord raised up. I am bold to say that, Jesus Christ excepted, no better man ever lived or does live upon this earth. I am his witness.
– Brigham Young
6. Sometimes, you release an album and the record company just about ignores it, and so many people don’t even know it’s out. And I’m not about to jump up and down shouting, “Hey folks, look at me! I’m cool and groovy!” That’s not what George Harrison is all about.
– George Harrison
7. Wine and the sun will make vinegar without any shouting to help them.
– George Eliot
8. No man – prince, peasant, pope – has all the light, who says else is a mountebank. I claim no private lien on truth, only a liberty to seek it, prove it in debate, and to be wrong a thousand times to reach a single rightness. It is that liberty they fear. They want us to be driven to God like sheep, not running to him like lovers, shouting joy!
– Morris West
9. There was a story that I was in a shoe shop and that I threw a pair of flip flops at the wall, shouting, ‘I can’t believe how overpriced these are!’ I thought, ‘Gosh, if I’m gonna take a big stand on something I would hope it would be for more than flip flops!’
– Rose McGowan
10. It’s weird: I was in a conference room, shouting out story ideas in the voices of different characters, and it was something I had to learn because I’d never been in that atmosphere. But I think I had a quick learning curve, because this is the job I was supposed to have.
– Mindy Kaling
11. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it’s going to rise tomorrow.
– Robert M. Pirsig
12. Thomas Gordon, founder of P.E.T. (Parent Effectiveness Training), observed that when children are behaving in a way that interferes with your ability to meet your needs, shouting direct orders to them doesn’t work very well. So, he advised sending I messages. That is, a better alternative to, Your room is a disaster area-clean it up this minute, would be something like, I get embarrassed when Mrs. Johnson is visiting and sees your room looking this messy, so I need you to clean it up.
– Ben Yagoda
13. The human soul doesn’t want to be fixed, it simply wants to be seen and heard. The soul is like a wild animal – tough, resilient and shy. When we go crashing through the woods shouting for it to come out so we can help it, the soul will stay in hiding. But if we are willing to sit quietly and wait for a while, the soul may show itself.
– Parker J. Palmer
14. The old adage that polite conversation should not include talk of politics or religion is understandable because both subjects are so heavily laden with emotion that discussion can quickly turn to shouting. Blood is shed over politics, religion and the two in combination.
– John C. Danforth
15. I think readers appreciate those of us who stay in the trenches and fight the good fight even when times get tough. I know that I, personally, lost respect for writers who, when there was a downturn in the market, started shouting from the rooftops that they wrote thrillers and suspense novels rather than horror. As far as I’m concerned, those wussboys should sever all ties with the horror community if that’s the way they feel and get out of the way so real horror writers can do their work.
– Bentley Little
16. The shouting, the overrunning of the Capitol, the sneaking in of Tea Party participants into the basement of the Capitol, the name-calling, the spitting, all of that… The Tea Party emerges as not only outrageous, but they have turned up the volume in ways that even Code Pink have not been able to do.
– Maxine Waters
17. Some drivers have already got out of their cars, prepared to push the stranded vehicle to a spot where it will not hold up the traffic, they beat furiously on the closed windows, the man inside turns his head in their direction, first to one side then to the other, he is clearly shouting something, to judge by the movements of his mouth he appears to be repeating some words, no one word but three, as turns out to be the case when someone finally manages to open the door, I am blind.
– Jose Saramago
18. Now that I’m out and I’m shouting in doorways Freed from a love more like murder I should be singing but in liberation Feel like a ship with no rudder.
– Andy Partridge
19. It has been obvious all along, to anyone paying attention, that the politicians shouting loudest about deficits are actually using deficit hysteria as a cover story for their real agenda, which is top-down class warfare. To put it in Romneyesque terms, it’s all about finding an excuse to slash programs that help people who like to watch Nascar events, even while lavishing tax cuts on people who like to own Nascar teams.
– Paul Krugman
20. On my cornice linger the ripe black grapes ungathered;
Children fill the groves with the echoes of their glee,
Gathering tawny chestnuts, and shouting when beside them
Drops the heavy fruit of the tall black-walnut tree.
– William C. Bryant
21. My brave fellows, let no sensation of satisfaction for the triumphs you have gained induce you to insult your fallen enemy. Let no shouting, no clamorous huzzaing increase their mortification. It is sufficient for us that we witness their humiliation. Posterity will huzza for us.
– George Washington
22. The stuff that I have perhaps become known for that’s based on fact, and English statesmen shouting at each other all the time, doesn’t entirely represent who I am. I am not a politics wonk.
– Peter Morgan
23. Always remember, my good friends, that there is one sin we must never commit and it is to humiliate another person or to allow another person to be humiliated in our presence without us screaming and shouting and protesting.
– Elie Wiesel
24. I am not a rock producer. I don’t see that. I once turned down Guns N’ Roses. I don’t like shouting. I’m a melody guy. I love great melody.
– Steve Lillywhite
25. We need to stop playing Privilege or Oppression Olympics because we’ll never get anywhere until we find more effective ways of talking through difference. We should be able to say, “This is my truth,” and have that truth stand without a hundred clamoring voices shouting, giving the impression that multiple truths cannot coexist.
– Roxane Gay
26. Robin Hood is often seen as the hands-on-hips, archetypal, tally-ho hero. But, realistically, the one calling the shots wouldn’t be at the front shouting about it. He’d be the one you don’t expect.
– Jonas Armstrong
27. After ‘Big Brother,’ people came up to me in the street shouting, ‘You woz robbed!’
– Vinnie Jones
28. To me, Twitter often feels like shouting things into a two-way mirror that I know has people behind it, maybe even people I know, and they are definitely listening, but mostly remain perfectly silent.
– Mira Gonzalez
29. About Archimedes one remembers that he did strange things: he ran around naked shouting ‘Heureka!’, plunged crowns into water, drew geometric figures as he was about to be killed, and so on. One ends up forgetting he was a scientist of whom we still have many writings.
– Lucio Russo
30. So many pleasing episodes of one’s life are spoiled by shouting. You never heard of an unhappy marriage unless the neighbors have heard it first.
– Lillian Russell
31. the very minute we think we ‘have’ God, God will surprise us. As we search in fire and earthquakes, God will be in the still small voice. As we listen in silent meditation, God will be shouting protests in the street. God is warning us that we had best not try to find our security in any well-defined concept or category of what is Godly – for the minute we believe we are into God, God is off again and calling us forth into some unknown place.
– Carter Heyward
32. Social reform is not to be secured by noise and shouting; by complaints and denunciation; by the formation of parties, or the making of revolutions; but by the awakening of thought and the progress of ideas. Until there be correct thought, there cannot be right action; and when there is correct thought, right action will follow.
– Henry George
33. Female listeners are leaving traditional talk radio because of the rough-edged, shouting nature of it. Women want more light and less heat.
– Jane Fonda
34. Shouting has never made me understand anything.
– Susan Sontag
35. Bowie and McCartney arrived, and the biscuits and caviare started and I left immediately. I don’t like shouting across rooms, with people in shiny suits who look like used-car salesmen.
– Billy Childish
36. Maybe” when it seems the entire world is shouting “no!
– Winston Churchill
37. YOU CHEATING !” Lee Jordan was howling into the megaphone, dancing out of Professor McGonagall’s reach. “YOU FILTHY, CHEATING B —” Professor McGonagall didn’t even bother to tell him off. She was actually shaking her finger in Malfoy’s direction, her hat had fallen off, and she too was shouting furiously.
– J. K. Rowling
38. Howl’s voice was presently heard shouting weakly, “Help me, someone! I’m dying from neglect up here!
– Diana Wynne Jones
39. Madge: I don’t know why I keep shouting at them. The Doctor: Because every time you see them happy you remember how sad they’re going to be. And it breaks your heart. Because what’s the point in them being happy now if they’re going to be sad later. The answer is, of course, because they are going to be sad later. ~ The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe
– Steven Moffat
40. What America is, to me, is a guy doesn’t want to buy, you let him not buy, you respect his not buying. A guy has a crazy notion different from your crazy notion, you pat him on the back and say, Hey pal, nice crazy notion, let’s go have an intoxicating drink. America, to me, should be shouting all the time, a bunch of shouting voices, most of them wrong, some of them nuts, but please, not just one droning glamorous reasonable voice.
– George Saunders
45. Gods be good, why would any man ever want to be king? When everyone was shouting King in the North, King in the North, I told myself … swore to myself … that I would be a good king, as honorable as Father, strong, just, loyal to my friends and brave when I faced my enemies … now I can’t even tell one from the other.
– George R. R. Martin
46. Ten thousand women marched through the streets shouting, ‘We will not be dictated to,’ and went off and became stenographers.
– Gilbert K. Chesterton
47. Before I met No I thought that violence meant shouting and hitting and war and blood. Now I know that there can also be violence in silence and that it’s sometimes invisible to the naked eye. There’s violence in the time that conceals wounds, the relentless succession of days, the impossibility of turning back the clock. Violence is what escapes us. It’s silent and hidden. Violence is what remains inexplicable, what stays forever opaque.
– Delphine de Vigan
48. Perhaps when music has been shouting for so long, a quieter voice seems attractive.
– Brian Eno
49. From the right, you get demagogues shouting about brown-skinned anchor babies and clamoring to deport the undocumented. From the left, you get advocacy for the oppressed but otherwise, when it comes to national civic identity, mainly silence.
– Eric Liu
50. The advent of Google+ and the emergence of the personalized web means this is more true than ever. Brands, and their advertising partners, must wake up to this challenge and define themselves with clarity, consistency and authenticity. Otherwise they just might find themselves shouting in a ghost town.
– Simon Mainwaring
Other Mental health quotes which you may like
Below are other mental health quotes which may be of interest to you:
|Ricky Gervais Quotes|
|Robin Williams Quotes|
|Shawshank Redemption Quotes|
|Shel Silverstein quotes and poems|
|Stop bullying quotes|
No one enjoys being yelled at by an angry person. The experience is threatening and can feel scary.
You can cope well if you stay unruffled. Use a calm tone of voice as you inform the person yelling you will have a conversation when they are composed and approachable.
We hope that our list of when someone shouts at you quotes, helps you gain perspective towards angerness, resentments and forgiveness.
Feel free to share your favorite quote in the comments section below.
Lifehack.org, Fortune.com, and Psychcentral.com.