When does Talkspace charge you? (+7 pros of online therapy)
In this article, we shall be explaining when Talkspace charges you for its services. In addition to this, we will be discussing the various pros and cons of using online therapy services such as Talkspace. These platforms are becoming increasingly common, especially among the younger populations due to easy accessibility and cost-effectiveness.
When does Talkspace charge you?
Once you have checked out, you will be charged almost immediately on Talkspace. According to the plan that you have chosen, it will be renewed automatically before your last renewal date. If you want to see your next billing date, you will need to follow these simple steps which have been explained below:
- You will need to log into your Talkspace account
- You will then need to click on your username which you will find located at the top left part of your screen
- Click on ‘Account’ and then click on the ‘Payment and plan’ option
- You will be led to the Payment and plan page. Here you can find the details of your billing cycle, including your next renewal date
- If you are using the iOS App, you will need to log into your account and then click on the settings option, which you will find located at the upper right corner of your screen
- From the options available in the ‘Settings’, click on the ‘Payment and plan’ option
- Here, you will find details including those of your next renewal date
Pros of using online therapy
Online therapy is becoming quite common as smart devices are becoming popular and there is almost continuous access to robust internet connections. Aside from the therapy and effectiveness part, online therapy brings many other advantages for which it is quite popular. Some of these advantages or benefits have been discussed in the following section:
It can be easily accessed
Online therapy can be easily accessed as long as the individual has a smart device and strong data connection. This makes it superb, especially for those who live in remote areas and cannot easily access a therapist. The great thing about online therapy is that even those who are in developing nations with a taboo of mental health can access therapists from other countries.
It works great for introverts
People have differing personality types, and many of them can be introverts or even socially challenged. Introverts might not be comfortable interacting with a therapist in real-time or face to face. For these kinds of individuals, online therapy might be a much better option than going to meet a therapist face to face.
It is pretty effective
While many individuals do face a dilemma of whether online therapy is effective, research studies have shown that these platforms can be just as effective or perhaps even more effective than face to face therapy. Thus, there needs to be no qualms of going to online therapy instead of in-person therapy for fears of lesser effectiveness.
Disabled people can also get therapy
It becomes difficult for disabled people to access many locations, including a therapist’s office. For disabled persons, online therapy can be very convenient as they do not need to leave their homes or health care centers. All they need is to have a capable smart device and also strong internet and they are good to go.
It becomes more affordable
Many individuals who need therapy or counselling simply do not visit a mental health professional as they cannot afford their services. However, online therapy platforms also offer very cost-effective and affordable programs, many of which are covered by insurance. This makes it a lot more appealing than traditional in-person therapy.
Any time therapy, anywhere
Unlike in-person therapy which requires prior appointments and other steps to be followed, just to set up an appointment, online therapy can be accessed at any time from anywhere. These platforms have a whole team waiting on stand-by to cater to any urgent or emergency cases. This makes it even more feasible for those who would need urgent counseling or therapy at times.
Convenient for therapists
Another great thing about online therapy is that it makes it a lot more convenient for therapists and counselors themselves. Not every therapist can afford an office space in a great location. With the help of these online counseling platforms, these therapists can cater to larger populations from the comfort of their own home offices or work spaces.
Cons of online therapy
As everything, even online therapy has its set of cons of advantages which might make people turn to or prefer in-person therapy. Some of these cons are:
- Fluctuating internet connections which might be more common in remote areas or developing countries. For online therapy to be effective, the data needs to be stable and have high speeds for better quality. And this might not be feasible at all times.
- Confidentiality issues might be more rampant in online therapy platforms. While these spaces do guarantee great confidentiality and data protection, there have been many cases of security breaches and data leaks which might reduce the confidence that patrons or clients will have for these types of platforms.
- Therapists might not always be available to respond in times of crises. While there is always an emergency team, the assigned therapist might not be available to reach out at all times.
BetterHelp: A Better Alternative
Those who are seeking therapy online may also be interested in BetterHelp. BetterHelp offers plenty of formats of therapy, ranging from live chats, live audio sessions and live video sessions. In addition, unlimited messaging through texting, audio messages and even video messages are available here.
BetterHelp also offers couples therapy and therapy for teenagers in its platform. Furthermore, group sessions can also be found in this platform, covering more than twenty different topics related to mental health and mental illness. The pricing of BetterHelp is also pretty cost-effective, especially considering the fact that the platform offers financial aid to most users.
In this article, we have explained when Talkspace charges you for its services. In addition to this, we have discussed the various pros and cons of using online therapy services such as Talkspace.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.