What is the BetterHelp student pricing? (+5 pros of BetterHelp)
In this article, we will answer what the BetterHelp student pricing is. We will additionally look at some of the ways through which you can reduce the cost of therapy. We will also be discussing some of the advantages of using BetterHelp for therapy, particularly for students. Students face a great deal of stress and anxiety, related directly as well as indirectly to their education.
What is the BetterHelp student pricing?
For those who mention that they are students in the BetterHelp sign-up process, the platform greatly discounts its prices up to $45 per week. This is not only reserved for students but also for those who are unemployed or earning low incomes. It also provides financial aid for those persons who have been furloughed due to the pandemic.
How to reduce the costs of therapy?
While it is a universal fact that therapy can be very costly, there are several ways through which you can reduce its costs. This can particularly be useful if you are a student. Some of the ways through which students can reduce the costs of therapy have been discussed in this section:
Contact your school admin
The best way to get affordable therapy as a student is through your in-house counselor or therapist at your school. Most schools or universities certainly have therapy services for their students at discounted prices or even free of cost. If your school has a psychology program, you can also get therapy from graduate students for basic mental health issues.
Reach out to your HR
If you are holding a job when you are studying, another way to get affordable therapy is through your EAP or Employee Assistance Programs in the organization. To know more about this you can reach out to your HR manager or even your employer. Most EAPs have cost-effective or even free counseling and therapy services.
Find a sliding scale therapist
You can also find a sliding scale therapist nearby. A sliding scale therapist is someone who does not charge for the full hour at all times like traditional therapy settings. These therapists charge according to the work done during their sessions and thus are more flexible with the costs. This can also help you reduce the costs of therapy if you are a student.
Contact your religious organization
Most religious organizations such as churches, mosques and synagogues have therapy and counseling services for their members. They even offer it to those who are not members of their organizations. Reaching out to these organizations can get you free access to therapy and counseling. The therapists here might be both faith-based and non-religious in their practice.
Ask various non-profits
Most community organizations which are non-profit also provide therapy services for their local residents. If you are currently studying, you can easily walk into any of these and ask to see a therapist or a counselor. Due to your student status, you might even get a great discount or be able to see a therapist free of cost.
Try online therapy
Another great alternative for students who are seeking therapy is to try out online therapy platforms, such as BetterHelp and Talkspace. These platforms provide affordable therapy options. Talkspace provides insurance coverage for all its therapy plans. BetterHelp on the other offers financial aid that can reduce the costs of therapy by up to 25 per cent.
Ask your insurance provider
Your insurance provider can also give you more details of in-network therapists who might be practicing in your locality. These details can be gained by a simple phone-call to your insurance provider or by accessing their website. In-network mental health professionals are not only covered by insurance but may also be more affordable otherwise.
Advantages of BetterHelp for students
Students can experience plenty of advantages and benefits by using BetterHelp for their mental health problems. The best of these have been explained below:
- BetterHelp can be accessed from anywhere and anytime. And thus, even those who stay in far-away campuses can have access to their therapists as long as they have a stable internet connection and a compatible device.
- The platform allows a high level of anonymity to its users. And thus students who want to conceal their identities can do so by using a username or a nickname for their therapy sessions.
- BetterHelp also allows therapy to be conducted in many ways so that users can experience more flexibility and convenience here. It even allows unlimited messaging for those who prefer texting to calling and other forms of communication.
- The platform further offers digital worksheets as well as online journaling that can help students with various issues outside therapy sessions. These worksheets can help in reducing anxiety, increasing focus and also for relaxation purposes.
- BetterHelp has great security features and is HIPAA compliant and thus students do not have to be worried about their security and safety while using this platform for their therapy needs and requirements.
In this article, we have answered what the BetterHelp student pricing is. We have additionally looked at some of the ways through which you can reduce the cost of therapy. We have also discussed some of the advantages of using BetterHelp for therapy, particularly for students.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.