What happens when you cancel Talkspace? (+3 advantages)
This blogpost will explain what happens when you cancel Talkspace. We will also be looking at the various steps that you will need to follow if you want to cancel your Talkspace account. In addition to this, we will be discussing a few signs that show you need therapy and further describe the different advantages that you can experience while using Talkspace for therapy.
What happens when you cancel Talkspace?
If you cancel your Talkspace account before your renewal date, the platform will not give you a pro-rated refund. However, you will still be able to use Talkspace until your plan expires. You can also choose to freeze or pause your subscription for a period of seven days, after which the freeze ends on its own.
How to cancel your Talkspace?
If you want to cancel you Talkspace account at any time for any particular reason, you can follow these steps explained as follows:
- You will first need to log into your Talkspace account and then click on your username
- In your ‘Account’, you can select the ‘Payment and Plan’
- In this page, click on the ‘Stop Subscription Renewal’ option
- You will see a box on your screen, where you can click on ‘Cancel Subscription Renewal’
Signs that you need therapy
Therapy is not always sought out only by those who have been diagnosed with mental illnesses or conditions. Talk therapy can benefit any individual from any age group. However, there are a few signs that show you might need to immediately start therapy for your mental health needs and requirements. A few signs that you need therapy have been discussed in this section:
- You feel like you are not able to manage your emotions anymore and that your feelings control your actions and your productivity in the day
- You feel like you are not able to do your ADL or your activities of daily living effectively and joyfully
- You have been distracted at work or your school and thus have been experiencing a decrease in productivity
- Your physical health is starting to suffer because of stress or anxiety. For example, you are not able to sleep properly and you do not have any appetite
- You are going through a major life change, such as marriage or gender transition, and are looking for various ways to effectively cope with it
- You have been through a traumatic situation. For example, losing a loved one, been diagnosed with a major illness, or have been a victim of violence or assault. These and more situations can definitely use the help of therapy
- You are not finding happiness in the activities you once enjoyed
- You are struggling with addictions or substance abuse. Addictions can take any form and it can even be in the form of something as seemingly harmless as video gaming. However, if this activity is starting to control your day, it may be high time you sought some help
- You are having relationship issues or finding it difficult to maintain relationships
- You have tried many other coping strategies and self-care methods, like exercise or eating right, but nothing has been helping improve your mental health
Advantages of using Talkspace for therapy
While there are plenty of platforms that offer high quality online therapy, Talkspace definitely stands out among the rest. Some of the advantages that users can experience on this great platform are:
Therapy at cost-effective rates
In-person therapy can be quite expensive and not everyone may be able to afford this. However, online therapy can be a great economic alternative and Talkspace offers a variety of cost-effective plans to make therapy more accessible. Talkspace is also one of the few online therapy platforms that offer insurance coverage for all its plans.
Easy access at any time
Talkspace is fully functional and operational online, and thus users can easily access their therapists from any type of web browser. They can also download and install it on their smart devices. Since it is completely online it makes it super easy for those who have busy schedules to work with their therapists.
Wide variety of therapists
There are also thousands of therapists who work with Talkspace to cater to the mental health needs of millions of users. These therapists are fully licensed and certified to practice independently in their respective regions or states. The large number of therapists also brings a better client-therapist fit which is necessary for effective therapy.
This platform offers several plans for users to choose from according to their needs and preferences. The Unlimited Messaging Therapy Plus plan allows users to send a limitless number of messages to their providers or therapists. The Unlimited Messaging Therapy Premium and the Unlimited Messaging Therapy Ultimate plans additionally offer live sessions.
Best alternative to Talkspace
If you are looking for a great alternative online therapy platform to Talkspace, Betterhelp is an amazing option. This platform has many economic plans and also provides financial assistance to those who are finding affordability an issue. Betterhelp provides individual counseling, couples counseling, therapy for teenagers and also has more than 20 different group therapies to offer.
This blogpost has explained what happens when you cancel Talkspace. We have also looked at the various steps that you will need to follow if you want to cancel your Talkspace account. In addition to this, we have discussed a few signs that show you need therapy and further described the different advantages that you can experience while using Talkspace for therapy.
If you like this blogpost, please leave your comments and questions below.