In this blog post, we are giving an honest review on Grant Cardone’s book: The 10x rule: the only difference between success and failure.
The 10x rule: the only difference between success and failure – The author
“Anyone that suggests to me to do less is either not a real friend or very confused.” – Grant Cardone
Exactly with the above quote begins the famous book “Rule 10 X – The only difference between success and failure” – written by Grant Cardone.
For those of you who are already in the sales business, you probably know who Grant Cardone is.
For others or for those who want to refresh their memory, I wrote a little about him and his successful projects, to see exactly why he is able to write this book about sales.
It is a book that urges action and action and action. Yes, the author is a man of concrete action and philosophy who says: “Success is your duty, obligation and responsibility.“
Grant Cardone is the CEO of CardoneCapital, Entrepreneur, International Speaker, Sales Trainer and author of several books and business programs.
Among others, he is the author of “The 10X Rule” and 21 other business programs.
Founder of The 10x Movement & The 10X Growth Conference, the largest business and entrepreneurship conference in the world.
He owns and operates 7 private companies with a portfolio of $ 1.5 billion. He was named by the prestigious Forbes Magazine the number 1 Marketer.
The fact that he is declared “Bestselling Author” by the New York Times Magazine for the book “If You’re Not First, You’re Last” and also the winner of the Axiom Award with “Sell or Be Sold” are additional arguments for which it is definitely worth paying attention to the book” The 10x rule: the only difference between success and failure.”
I recommend this book to anyone who feels the need to move to the next level regardless of their field.
Cardone will make you uncomfortable by telling you directly what to do and what to stop do if you want more clients, more money, more followers, more donors for your NGO, more people willing to hear your message, etc.
There is a lot to say about Grant Cardone but this blog is a summary of The 10x rule: the only difference between success and failure, so we’ll talk about him in another article.
The 10x rule: the only difference between success and failure – The book
The 10x rule: the only difference between success and failure, by Grant Cardone has 318 pages and it’s a must-read book, for those who have the least connection with the business environment, employees, employers, entrepreneurs, freelancers.
Not all things in the book are applicable worldwide, but most are universally functional rules.
The book has 23 chapters – it starts with “What is the 10X Rule” and ends with “Start multiplying by 10”.
Throughout the book, you will find reasons to apply this rule and practical ways to do it.
Although it is a business and sales book, it also has details on how to work with the mindset to support you to increase your courage and self-confidence.
It motivates you to start dreaming actively about your mission, it takes you out of your comfort zone to achieve your goals.
Chapter 1 What Is the 10X Rule?
Chapter 2 Why the 10X Rule Is Vital.
Chapter 3 What Is Success?
Chapter 4 Success Is Your Duty.
Chapter 5 There Is No Shortage of Success.
Chapter 6 Assume Control for Everything.
Chapter 7 Four Degrees of Action.
Chapter 8 Average Is a Failing Formula.
Chapter 9 10X Goals.
Chapter 10 Competition Is for Sissies.
Chapter 11 Breaking Out of the Middle Class.
Chapter 12 Obsession Isn t a Disease; It s a Gift.
Chapter 13 Go All In and Overcommit.
Chapter 14 Expand Never Contract.
Chapter 15 Burn the Place Down.
Chapter 16 Fear Is the Great Indicator.
Chapter 17 The Myth of Time Management.
Chapter 18 Criticism Is a Sign of Success.
Chapter 19 Customer Satisfaction Is the Wrong Target.
Chapter 20 Omnipresence.
Chapter 21 Excuses.
Chapter 22 Successful or Unsuccessful?
Chapter 23 Getting Started with 10X.
The whole essence of the book revolves around this rule, 10 X, which says that it is necessary to set goals 10 times bolder than those you think you want BUT to act 10 times more than you think it is necessary to actually reach them.
It is necessary to think long term macro by multiplying everything by 10 – desire, action, motivation, effort, perseverance, effects.
It urges you in the characteristic style – realistic – to understand that only you are responsible for getting what you want considering the environment you create.
He can’t get past your ears when he tells you clearly – and proves to you – that ‘Success is a duty, an obligation and a responsibility of yours to you, to your family, to your heirs and to society! ‘
It is a practical book with real examples and tailor-made exercises. It puts you to work!
Grant Cardone says, “Start with the beginning, make an initial list of goals, then a list of actions that will propel you in that direction. Then – without stopping to analyze in detail – start taking those actions. “
Regarding the goals, the author considers that there are 4 major mistakes when we start to fulfil our goals, reason for which most of the objectives remain at the stage of the plan, desire, dream:
- We set the wrong goals.
- We underestimate the effort, resources, money and energy required.
- We spend too much time competing instead of dominating the market.
- We underestimate the difficulties that will be necessary to overcome.
Whilst some goals are achievable on our own, there are some of us who need mentors or a mind coach to reach our goals.
Do you want to succeed? For this is necessary to act and Grant Cardone mentions 4 degrees of action:
1. Do nothing!
3. Take action at a normal level!
4. Take great action!
I do not want to detail them here – I leave you the pleasure to discover them in the book but remember that everyone acts on all levels at some point in life.
Unfortunately, most people on the planet act according to the first three degrees.
The first two are the basis of failure, the third degree leads at best to a normal existence.
Only the people who act at level 4 are the ones who are really successful.
What it is and how to “escape” from the middle class – is an important topic in the book and the author has some practical methods to do so and contribute to the society in which you live.
In the penultimate chapter, you will find a concrete and detailed list of 32 actions undertaken by successful people and which can bring you success if you respect them and repeat them.
It is a book that I recommend and that you should read with a pen and a notebook next to you as if you were studying a textbook: the textbook of your future and your plans.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
5 essential ideas from the book Rule 10X: The only difference between success and failure
- Rule 10X: You need to set goals that are 10X higher than you want and then do 10X more actions to get there.
- The biggest mistake most people make is setting goals that aren’t big enough. To get further than you thought you will ever get, you need to think and act at 10X levels above the norm.
- There are 4 degrees of action: no action, reverse action, medium action, massive action. The massive action means that nothing stops you from conquering what you want to achieve. You are ferocious in solving your problems, ferocious in your motivation, ferocious in your solutions.
- You will either work to achieve your goals and dreams, or you will be used to achieving someone else’s goals.
- Fear is a fire that will not ignite if you do not give it oxygen. When you feel scared, it’s time for action. Not to discuss or ask yourself what the next step is. When you are afraid, you take care of it without giving it space to grow.
I will end this article with 5 of my favourite quotes from The 10x rule: the only difference between success and failure book, that will hopefully motivate and inspire you to add this book to your want to read collection.
- “Until you become completely obsessed with your mission, no one will take you seriously. Until the world understands that you’re not going away—that you are 100 per cent committed and have complete and utter conviction and will persist in pursuing your project—you will not get the attention you need and the support you want.” ― Grant Cardone, The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
- “You know, you don’t need to grow old to die. I was dying at the age of 20 as a result of no direction and no purpose.” ― Grant Cardone, The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
- “I suggest that you become obsessed about the things you want; otherwise, you are going to spend a lifetime being obsessed with making up excuses as to why you didn’t get the life you wanted.” ― Grant Cardone, The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
- “What if the only thing standing in the way of your greatness was that you just had to go after everything obsessively, persistently, and as though your life depended on it?” ― Grant Cardone, The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
- “Average is a failing plan! Average doesn’t work in any area of life. Anything that you give only average amounts of attention to will start to subside and will eventually cease to exist.” ― Grant Cardone, The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
Other books by Grant Cardone
- If You’re Not First, You’re Last: Sales Strategies to Dominate Your Market and Beat Your Competition