In this blog post, we are going to discuss what take for granted means.
We also collected some of the most accurate taken for granted quotes, that will teach you to appreciate more the people in your life.
Appreciate the people around you, don’t take them for granted…
Appreciation is a vital component for relationships and success. It’s like the air we breathe.
You can’t love without appreciating the person next to you.
Appreciation is essential for the proper functioning of a relationship.
Without it, I don’t know to what extent we can talk about a functional relationship, about love.
What reasons might you have for living with someone you don’t appreciate or respect?
How could you agree to sit next to someone who always tells you that you are not good at anything?
To love a person who you don’t appreciate – and taking them for granted – it sounds like masochism to me.
No matter how much we would like to talk about love, no matter how many quotes we share on the internet, one thing is clear here: appreciation and love go hand in hand.
This truth is universally valid for any type of relationship.
Romantic relationships, friendships, parent-child relationships, co-worker relationships, boss-employee, and so on.
Also, many of us forget to appreciate the simple fact that we have a roof over our heads and food on our plate.
What would it be like to stop taking things and people for granted, and to come to appreciate more of what we already have?
Side Note: I grew this blog to over 500,000 monthly pageviews and it now finances our charitable missions. If you are looking to start a blog as a source of income or to help your community then view our how to start a blog guide.
15 Taken for Granted Quotes
- “All your youth you want to have your greatness taken for granted; when you find it taken for granted, you are unnerved.” – Elizabeth Bowen
- “It is very easy to take for granted the phenomenon that we are each alive, but we must try not to.” -Alex Grey
- “There is no substitute for the comfort supplied by the utterly taken-for-granted relationship.” -Iris Murdoch
- “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” – Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- “Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.” -Aldous Huxley
- “In all affairs it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.” – Bertrand Russell
- “It made me have a much greater understanding of loss, of loneliness, and the level of intense tragedy that so many people have experienced in this world, I take a lot less for granted.” – Adrien Brody
- “When something does not insist on being noticed, when we aren’t grabbed by the collar or struck on the skull by a presence or an event, we take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” -Cynthia Ozick
- “To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted.”– George Kneller quotes
- “Everything requires time. It is the only truly universal condition. All work takes place in time and uses up time. Yet most people take for granted this unique, irreplaceable, and necessary resource. Nothing else, perhaps, distinguishes effective executives as much as their tender loving care of time.” – Peter F. Drucker quotes
- “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get. “ -Frank A. Clark
- “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” -Charles Dickens
- “The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.” -H.U. Westermayer
- “Never forget where you’ve been. Never lose sight of where you’re going. And never take for granted the people who travel the journey with you.” Susan Gale Wickes
- “ Never take for granted someone you don’t want to lose, you might lose it forever!” – Joanne Lobedica
25 Taken for Granted Quotes
- “Live life, enjoy it and don’t ever take it for granted, because one day it will haunt you.” – Wazim Shaw
- “Not truly living in the present moment & later regretting is like closing your eyes when a peacock is dancing, only to want to see it dance once it is gone.” – Unknown
- “Never take anyone in your life for granted. Anyone can be taken, at any time in our lives, don’t wait until they’re gone to say the things you never had the courage to say before.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “The most interesting thing about life is its unpredictability; one can never take anything for granted in life.”- Anurag Prakash Ray
- “If you are single, stop worrying. God is saving you for someone special. Someone worth the wait. Someone who will never take you for granted.”- Unknown
- “Being alive and healthy are not things to take for granted; they cannot be bought with money… Just divine gifts from God.’ – Terry Mark
- “Never take anything for granted as the only thing that is certain in life is change whether it’s things or people.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “ Never take anything for granted because sooner or later the wheel turns.” – Unknown
- “ Someday you’ll realize I was there, when no one else was. That I loved you like no other, and will never stop. I cared, when no one else cared, baby.” – Unknown
- “Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.” – Unknown
- “ The most valuable commodity that we so commonly take for granted is what I value the most and that’s TIME. Every hour, Every minute, Every second, make them count. Many things can be replaced but time can’t, and it waits for no man!” – Unknown
- “Love is awesome. It is something that you can somewhat understand. But love is also something you need to cherish and not take for granted. Who will ever find a perfect person like you ever again?” – Unknown
- “The harsh truth is that nothing lasts forever, so when you have it, enjoy it, appreciate it. Don’t take it for granted.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes we want something so bad and when we have it, we spend so much time doubting it until it’s lost again and then we go on regretting.’ – Terry Mark
- “People don’t ever realize that they take things for granted until it’s gone.” – Karina Barton
- “ You can not yearn for more time when you are not making full use of the hours you have now.’ – Deri Isaac
- “Here today, may be gone tomorrow! Never take anyone or nothing for granted! Be sure to count your blessings daily because tomorrow isn’t promised.’ – Surgeo Bell
- “When you’re near it seems that I took you for granted, but now that distance is between us, it made me realize that your love has been a part of my life.” – Unknown
- “When you’re near it seems that I took you for granted, but now that distance is between us, it made me realize that your love has been a part of my life.” – Unknown
- “ Never take anything for granted…we never seem to realize what we have until it is no longer ours then it becomes the only thing we want.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you just don’t know what you have till it’s gone and then it is too late.’ – Unknown
- “Never misuse the one who likes you. Never say busy to the one who needs you. Never cheat the one who really trusts you. Never forget the one who always remembers you.” – Sanju Goyal
- “Why do people have to lose things to find out what they really mean? because you take them for granted.” – Unknown
- “Don’t play with someone’s feelings, you may win the game but you will surely lose someone.’ – Unknown
- “When the world feels like it’s on your shoulder, look at the person next to you and see what they are going through. Don’t take life for granted. Love the one that loves you, because sometimes we don’t get a second chance.” – Unknown
35 Taken for Granted Quotes
- “Everyone says you never know what you have till it’s gone. You always know what you have, you just choose not to treat it right till it decides to walk out of your life.” – Unknown
- “Have you ever just stopped and realized that if you hadn’t met a certain person in your life, your life would be completely different.’ – Unknown
- “ You dont ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It’s one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and continues to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go.” – Daniell Koepke
- “Relationships should never be taken for granted. The choice of being with another life is an amazing thing. Trust, loyalty and respect are a must for eternal happiness. No matter how much you love someone if you don’t have these ingredients you will never succeed.” – Unknown
- “ I never regret my past, I just regret the whole time I have wasted with the wrong people. Who didn’t even deserve my efforts.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “ They say you don’t value what you’ve got until it’s gone but sometimes you value it but never know when it’s gone.” – Unknown
- “If you find a girl who’s willing to go through hell just to keep your relationship going, you really shouldn’t take her love for granted.” – Unknown
- “There was once a love which I did not learn to cherish, it was only when I lost it that I felt extreme regret. There is no worse experience than such a feeling.” – Unknown
- “ If you find a girl who’s willing to go through hell just to keep your relationship going, you really shouldn’t take her love for granted.” – Unknown
- “People know who they can walk over and who they can’t. If someone is walking all over you it’s because they KNOW you’ll put up with it.” – Sonya Parker
- “ I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.” – Jon Katz
- “The person you took for granted today, may turn out to be the person you need tomorrow. Be careful how you treat people.” – Unknown
- “Just because I’m always there for you all the time, doesn’t mean you can take me for granted.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “The biggest thing humans waste is time. It is taken way too much for granted, and it seems we only appreciate it when we’ve realized we’ve run out of it.” – Unknown
- “ All the lovers out there. May you two never take each other for granted but always experience that breathless wonder that exclaims, out of all this world, you have chosen each other.” – Unknown
- “ Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.” – Unknown
- “ Love yourself first and don’t let anyone take you for granted. They don’t deserve you if they don’t treat you the way you treat them.” – Unknown
- “ Never take anyone for granted, Because when You need them, They will no longer be there…” – Becka Miller
- “Don’t take me for granted, cause unlike the rest, I’m not afraid to walk away.” – Unknown
- “ The person you’re pushing away right now is maybe the person you will need the most someday.” – Unknown
- “It hurts to realize that the person who loved you most was the person you never took notice of until they’re finally gone.” – Terry Mark
- “ Friendship is not just something you can get anywhere, it’s earned so it shouldn’t be taken for granted. It should be treasured.” – Unknown
- “Life is truly something so beautiful that it should never be taken for granted, some people are filled up with so much negativity that they can’t see it.” – Unknown
- “ Maybe it’s true that we don’t know what we have until we lose it. But it’s also true that we don’t know what we are missing until we find it!” – Aaron Chan
- “ Always believe something wonderful is going to happen. Even with all the ups and downs, never take a day for granted. Cherish the little things and hug the ones you love.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “They don’t miss you when you’re gone. They miss you when you’ve moved on.” – Unknown
- “If you succeed in cheating someone Don’t think that the person is a fool. Realize that the person trusted you much more than you deserved!” – Aaron Chan
- “ People don’t notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them.” – Unknown
- “Never take someone for granted. Hold every person close to your heart because you might wake up one day and realize that you’ve lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones” – Unknown
- “To be unhappy over what one lacks is to waste what one already possesses.” – Vikrant Parsai
- “Love is like a box of chocolates. You don’t know how good it is until they are all gone.” – Unknown
- “They say you never know what you had until it’s gone. Truth is you knew exactly what you had, you just thought you would never lose it, or took it for granted while you had it.” – Telisa McLaughlin
- “A rotten past does not guarantee a sour future. By God’s grace, you can have a beautiful future and a fantastic married life. Don’t take your mate for granted – show your appreciation and let your spouse know how grateful you are for him/her. “ – Kemmy Nola
- “ You never know what you’ve lost until it slips out of your reach.” – Unknown
- “ Just because you have everything people always wanted doesn’t mean you are happy. As long as you never stop hunting for more, never stop to be grateful, everything just never enough and your heart will never smile.” – Mielya Saladdin
45 Taken for Granted Quotes
- “Truth be told, sometimes we’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are and who we’re with. So lift your head up today and appreciate those standing beside you. The people you take for granted today may turn out to be the only ones you need tomorrow.” – Melchor Lim
- “ Don’t take your relationship for granted, for someone somewhere out there will be glad to take your place.” – Abhishek Tiwari
- “More often in life, we end up regretting the chances in life that we had, but didn’t take them, than those chances that we took and wished we hadn’t.” – Unknown
- “One day you’ll realize you pushed away the one person who was always there for you when no one else was and when that day comes you will be sorry, because you let go of someone who no matter what would have never let go of you.” – Unknown
- “Never take for granted when people tell you everyday that you’re beautiful and that they love you. Not everyone is interested in flattering you. Some mean exactly what they say.” – Terry Mark
- “ It is amazing the things you realize when you lose someone: you get mad at yourself for not saying the things you could have a million times, you take for granted the days spent doing nothing when you could have been with them. Anyone can be taken, at any time in our lives, but we always wait until they are gone to say the things we never had the courage to before.” – Unknown
- “ Sometimes it takes the pain of a Deployment to realize how we take the little things for granted and how much we miss them.” – Unknown
- “Whether you say it to yourself or pray about it. Always gives thanks for all that you have and express gratitude for all the things you take for granted.” – Rashida Rowe
- “You never quite realize how much you love and need him until the very moment you realize he’s slipping away.” – Unknown
- “Always believe something wonderful is going to happen. Even with all the ups and downs, never take a day for granted. Smile, cherish the little things and don’t forget to hug the ones you love…” – Unknown
- “ You don’t realize what you had until it’s gone , but there is a reason for every goodbye. God just chose a different path for you…” – Unknown
- “There are times in our lives when we have trouble recognizing perfect moments until we realize they have passed us by and become memories.” – Unknown
- “ Don’t take someone’s feelings for granted, you don’t know how much courage it took for them to show them.” – Unknown
- “ Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.’ – Dr Seuss
- “If you don’t start appreciating what’s right in front of you, you might lose it.” – Unknown
- “Your important relationships should be at the forefront of your priority list. When we take things for granted, these things eventually get taken away.” – Suman Rai
- “The worst person to be around is the one who complains about everything and appreciates nothing.” – Unknown
- mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Suffering and happiness are not mutually exclusive.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “What a spoiled, ungrateful I was.” ― Ransom Riggs
- “You need to be blessed with things such as sanity to realize that you have been cursed with things such as poverty and disability.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Even the worst that has ever happened to you could have been worse.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Believe me, if you’ve been shut up for a year and a half, it can get to be too much for you sometimes. But feelings can’t be ignored, no matter how unjust or ungrateful they seem.” ― Anne Frank
- “Some people would kill for the results or situations because of which some people have killed themselves.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “The truly grateful are also grateful for being grateful.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Gratitude is often caused not by gain but by loss.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “There are often many people dying from thirst while many people are running for dear life away from the rain.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Sometimes a man with eyes still can’t see you as the beautiful queen you are.” ― Angel Moreira
- “Life takes from us only lives we were given by it.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “It is comforting, after finding out that your loved one has just drowned, to estimate the number of times their life was saved by water.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “As much as we don’t want to accept it, there is a time limit to the best life God tries to offer you. When you disrespect it, push it away, play games with it, deny it, ignore it, are casually indecisive about it or hold it like a last resort, God gives it away to someone else that will cherish it more.” ― shannon l. Alder
- “Spoilt people live rotten lives.” ― Habeeb Akande
- “(Arbell)The ungrateful gorgeous bitch.” ― Paul Hoffman
- “Sometimes our wants or needs have nothing to do with being ungrateful and everything to do with making a mistake.” ― shannon l. Alder
- “Sometimes, we wait on God for special things to happen extraordinarily in our lives before we understand that “God is working”. Meanwhile, there are “super-special” things that fill our life barrels in minute drops, but they go unappreciated!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
- “My life is ungrateful to me. I do so much for it to be comfortable, and still, it repays me by throwing tantrums left and right. As soon as I think it’s time for a present due to all my efforts, I get repaid with ingratitude. If this is how my life treats me, then maybe it’s time I mistreat it, as well.” ― Lange Weile
- “It’s normal for us to become unhappy for a while due to how circumstances in life treat us, but it is ungodly for us to be ungrateful for these circumstances that make us unhappy!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
- “God doesn’t create imitations, so He designed you naturally. It’s ungrateful to dream of putting on an unnatural self. You have no right to fake God’s design!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
- “Don’t mistake keen, honest observations as complaints.
When you receive a help, a donation or a favour, never forget to be grateful and thankful for the ones who have been there for you.
Learn to respect the space of people whose hearts have been treated like a doormat but they have answered more important priorities which all contribute towards the best of the welfare of the recipients of their generous and humble commitment among their choices and decisions for whom and with whom to reach out for.” ~ Angelica Hopes, an excerpt from my novel, If I Could Tell You” ― Angelica Hopes
- “My cat is an ungrateful brat. -Nellie McKay” ― Larry Smith
- “A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” – Jean de La Fontaine
- “I’m the one person who wears the words ‘hustle, loyalty, respect’ on my T-shirts and merchandise. My audience is children. It’s very flattering to see a kid wear your T-shirt; it’s even more flattering to have a dad come up to you and say, ‘I watch you with my kid. Keep doing what you’re doing. You’re a role model for my son.’” – John Cena
- “For good ideas and true innovation, you need human interaction, conflict, argument, debate.” – Margaret Heffernan
- “I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.” – Walt Whitman
- “If you live long enough, you’ll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you’ll be a better person. It’s how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit.” – William J. Clinton
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Other Mental health quotes which you may like
Below are other mental health quotes which may be of interest to you:
|Vision board quotes that will inspire you|
|Vulnerability Quotes to inspire you|
|When someone shouts at you Quotes|
|Who am I quotes|
|Who said “I am the storm” quote?|
|You Got This Quotes to Motivate You|
|Zen quotes for a worried friend|
In this blog post, we discussed what take for granted means.
We also collected some of the most accurate taken for granted quotes, that teach you to appreciate more the people in your life.
Which Taken for Granted quotes is your favorite? Let us know!