In this brief blog, we will be talking about strategic mental health, the services offered by strategic mental health, the work of strategic mental health, and more information about strategic mental health.
What is Strategic Mental Health?
This kind of centre is a provider of services for patients who need rehabilitation in their lives. This kind of centre believes in the relationship between the client and the provider.
This kind of centre works a lot with these clients who are in need of mental health care. This kind of centre has worked with different kinds of people with different mental health conditions. This kind of center treats patients according to where they lie on the mental health contuum.
Psychological conditions that are treated by Strategic Mental Health
The following are the psychological conditions treated by this kind of centre:
The first step to treat depression is to seek help from a professional mental health care provider in a centre or a hospital. Many treatments have been very successful for this kind of psychological disorder but it is important to remember that each person and condition is unique.
- Bipolar Disorder
With effective treatment, bipolar disorder can be controlled through treatment. Treatment for this kind of psychological disorder helps many individuals, even those with the most severe forms, gain better control over their mood swings and other symptoms of this psychological disorder.
- Anxiety & Panic Disorders as psychological conditions
The first step to treating anxiety disorders is a proper diagnosis from a professional. A primary care provider should provide an initial evaluation that can rule out other physical health conditions such as overactive thyroid or low blood sugar or side effects of diet or medications that cause these kinds of psychological disorders.
Because there is no known cause for schizophrenia, treatments are typically concentrated on minimizing or eliminating the symptoms that the patient suffers from. Some treatments for this kind of psychological disorder are antipsychotic medications, Psychosocial treatments, and Coordinated specialty care.
- Substance Abuse
A substance abuse disorder involves the repeated use of harmful or hazardous use of alcohol or drugs to produce pleasure, alleviate stress, alter or avoid reality in affected people.
- Drug Addiction
Drug addiction is treatable and can be managed successfully as a chronic disease in affected people. Successful treatment typically comes as a result of a combination of behavioural therapy and medications in affected people.
Services offered by Strategic Mental Health
There are a lot of services offered by this kind of centre. Most of these services work on the recovery of the paitnet fully to mental well-being.
You can be guaranteed great service from this kind of centre. The following are services of this centre:
Psychiatry Strategic Mental Health Provides:
This service includes the diagnosis, assessment, and intervention for the specific mental health condition of the patient. This service works to help the patient get a healthy mental well-being by assessing their needs and putting them in treatment..
This service will accommodate the things you need for recovery.
What psychiatric services are available in Strategic Mental Health?
The psychiatric services that are available from this centre are based on the needs of the patients and the treatment that can be useful for them. There are some services that you are knowledgeable with and some are not so common.
This therapy is where the patient and the mental health professional will be talking to deal with troubling behaviours and thoughts. The therapies available in this centre are cognitive-behavioural therapy, one-to-one therapy, and psychoanalysis.
A psychiatrist is someone who also prescribes medication while taking care of the patient. This prescription can be either anxiolytic medication, antipsychotic medication, anti-anxiety medication depending on the client’s symptoms.
There are some patients who find it difficult to get treated just by the use of gentle psychiatric approaches. The following might be used when the patient is in need of aggressive therapy
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) as treatment
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) as treatment
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) as treatment
Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) from this Psychiatry service
Psychiatrists are also trained in conducting ECT to patients who might need it. This treatment is useful to patients who are not getting treated by other treatments used by the psychiatrist.
Mental Health Therapy By Strategic Mental Health
Therapy Strategic Mental Health Provides:
- Family Therapy
- Relationship Counseling
- ECT Consultation
Mental health therapy uses the talking relationship between client and psychiatrist to work with different mental health problems. You can see that this mode of therapy can be useful for the affected patient in the long run.
What are the advantages of therapy?
Therapy can help patients live their goals, behaviours, thoughts, and more. The following are other advantages of this service:
- Develop problem-solving skills in affected people
- Deal with grief, anger, and fear in affected people
- Learn to cope with symptoms of mental health conditions such as anxiety or depression in affected people
- Feel understood, supported and heard in affected people
- Practice speaking about problems in affected people
- Grasp personal concerns in affected people
- Strengthen self-confidence
- Pin-point subjects or memories that cause disruptive thinking patterns in affected people
- Find new and healthy behavioural patterns in affected people
- Heal emotional pain from the past
- Build or strengthen relationship skills in affected people
What are the types of therapy in this service?
The types of therapy in this service are varied. These therapies are the following:
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) – train new thought and behavioural patterns for healthier living in life
- Interpersonal therapy – express personal emotions in order to foster relationships in life
- Family therapy – communicate amongst the family unit to promote a safe a healing experience for family members experience mental health conditions and those aiding or simply existing in the recovery process in the affected person
- Psychodynamic therapy – understand the root causes of actions, emotions, and thoughts in your life
- Art therapy – express and release emotion in your spare time
- Psychoeducation – understand mental health conditions and how to get through them healthily to be prescribed in your life.
There are also instances where more therapies will be placed in the patient’s treatment process. Some patients might need the additional support.
Medication Therapy Management Services by Strategic Mental Health
What is medication management in Strategic Mental Health?
This service is where medication is managed in a patient to support healing and recovery. This service can also help some disturbing symptoms and side effects of medications be minimized.
Medication management services from Strategic Mental Health
There are a lot of inner services under this general service. These services are the following:
- Patient performance assessment from this service
- A comprehensive review of prescriptions, including all possible interactions and side effects for the affected patient
- Design for both short and long-term medication treatment plans for the patient
- Safety assessment for prescription medication plans for the patient
- Patient education and thorough instruction on medication plan compliance for the patient
- Communication and documentation amongst MTM service providers and relevant medical authorities for the patient
What medication therapy management services are available in this service?
The following are other services that are under this general service:
- Medication therapy review (MTR) as a medication management service. MTR involves pharmacist consultation and a regular review of symptoms in the affected patient. Based on dialogue and observed patterns, the pharmacist or medical authority can see if symptoms are being helped and whether new symptoms are related to medication or medication interactions in the affected patient.
- Medication-related action plan (MAP) as a medication management service. A MAP helps a patient keep track of certain behaviours associated whether induced or relieved with current medication in the affected patient. Keeping track of behaviour reminds patients to take medication, to witness progress and finally, it offers an accurate growth chart for physicians at times of review in the affected patient.
- Personal medication record (PMR) as a medication management service. A PMR should be updated frequently to notify pharmacists or physicians or all possible drug interactions and ensure the safety of the affected patient.
- Intervention and referral as a medication management service. If it looks like a patient is neglecting or abusing medication, intervention and referral services can be implemented for the affected patient.
Is my pharmacy MTM as regulated?
Yes, your pharmacy might be regulated as this title. This is because most pharmacies have been labelled as such to help patients who have different conditions.
Opioid Treatment Program By Strategic Mental Health
Opioid Treatment We Provide
Opioid dependence treatment for addiction to prescription opioids typically includes both: medications such as buprenorphine, methadone, and naltrexone and counselling/behavioural therapies. The aforementioned medications are able to work against the effects of these drugs on the brain, while they can also relieve the cravings and patient’s withdrawal symptoms, thus keeping relapse at bay in the affected patient.
Opioid Treatment Program from this service
You can learn more about this treatment by assessing its goals. The following are the goals of this treatment:
- The use of illicit drugs in affected people
- Criminal activity
- The spread of infectious disease in communities
Medications for the opioid withdrawal treatment and this type of addiction are administered in combination with behavioural treatments or psychosocial supports which is known as MAT or Medication-Assisted Treatment for the affected patient. This therapy was meant to increase the quality of life in the patient to get the effects of this medication and not get the discomfort from this medication.
Individualized Patient Care from this service
There are also studies showing how agonists and antagonists can work for patient care when it comes to this treatment. The following are these medications to regulate the absorption of this drug in the body
- Methadone – is an opioid agonist that is able to completely prevent withdrawal symptoms and relieve drug cravings in affected people.
- Buprenorphine – is a partial opioid agonist and less potent than Methadone as a medication.
- Naltrexone – is an opioid antagonist that works by completely preventing the opioid receptors to be activated and instead of trying to suppress and control cravings and withdrawal, it treats opioid addiction by shutting down the rewarding effects like euphoria in affected people.
You can learn more about this treatment by calling this centre for more information.
In this brief blog, we have talked about strategic mental health, the services offered by strategic mental health, the work of strategic mental health, and more information about strategic mental health.
If you have any questions about strategic mental health, please let us know and the team will gladly answer your queries.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
FAQs: strategic mental health
What are mental health strategies?
Mental health strategies are tips that you can do for your mental health such as valuing yourself, surround yourself with good people, taking care of your body, give yourself, quiet your mind, learn how to cope with stress, break up the monotony, and set realistic goals.
What does good mental health look like?
Good mental health looks like in a person who likes to complete a number of key functions and activities such as the ability to learn, express and manage a range of positive and negative emotions, ability to feel, and maintain good relationships with others.
What is mental health according to WHO?
Mental health according to WHO is a state of well-being in which the person realizes his or her own abilities, can work productively and fruitfully, can deal with normal stresses in life, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.
What are the characteristics of a mentally healthy person?
The characteristics of a mentally healthy person are he or she feels good about himself or herself, he or she has lasting and satisfying personal relationships, he or she does not become overwhelmed by emotions such as fear, anger, jealousy, anxiety or guilt, he or she can laugh at himself or herself with others, and he or she feels comfortable with other people.
What is wellness and recovery?
Wellness and recovery is an approach that helps people to decrease and eliminate intrusive or distressing feelings and behaviours, improve quality of life, increase personal empowerment, and achieve a person’s own life goals and dreams.
Strategic Mental Health. About Us.
Strategic Mental Health. Medication Therapy Management Services.
Strategic Mental Health. Mental Health Therapy.
Strategic Mental Health. Opioid Treatment Program.
Strategic Mental Health. Professional Psychiatric Help.