In this guide, we will discuss Songs about dreams. We will see a list of songs that talk about dreams and the artists that may have written and/or sung them and some facts about dreams.
Also, we will see some of the possible reasons why we dream and a top 10 list of inspirational songs.
Songs about dreams
Songs about dreams are very common, you may even regard some of them as your favorite even if they are not from the same artist.
Moreover, you may be fascinated by them because they always tell a story, stories, and images our brains create while we sleep, which can be fascinating.
They can be romantic, entertaining, crazy, disturbing, and even frightening at times but still have the ability to stick with us for days, weeks, and even years.
Moreover, we may even frequently find ourselves thinking about why they occur or what causes them and we may even ask if they may be true or premonitions of what will happen in the future.
The truth is our brain works in mysterious ways but it doesn’t necessarily mean that, if we dream about dying we will die soon.
However, we could see them as powerful tools to be inspired and find our life’s purpose.
Every one of us has had that dream we can’t get out of our head.
If you tell your dream to someone they may give you their interpretation about it or what they think it means but there are actually several theories about why we dream.
Some of them include:
- Dreams may be part of what we desire and wish.
- Interpreting random signals from our brain and bodies while we sleep.
- Manifestations of the information we gathered during the day.
- Helping us consolidate new memories and learning.
- A product of our experiences.
- Manifesting things we worry or fear.
- Product of medication we may be taking.
- Alcohol or drug abuse.
Fast Facts on dreams
Here are some fast facts on dreams, mentioned by Timothy Legg from Medical News Today that you may find very curious and probably don’t know:
- We may not remember dreaming, but everyone is thought to dream between 3 and 6 times per night
- It is thought that each dream lasts between 5 to 20 minutes.
- Around 95 percent of dreams are forgotten by the time a person gets out of bed.
- Dreaming can help you learn and develop long-term memories.
- Blind people dream more with other sensory components compared with sighted people.
List of songs about dreams
If you listen to each lyric, every artist has a story to tell or just simply used the word dream in their song not really referring to having a dream but more as a “wish” or “desire”.
- JC Chasez – All Day Long I Dream About Sex
- Everly Brothers – All I Have to Do Is Dream
- MKTO – American Dream
- Green Day – Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- Art Jarrett – Did You Ever See a Dream Walking?
- DeBarge – A Dream
- Dizzee Rascal – Dream
- Johnny Mercer – Dream
- Suzy and Baekhyun – Dream
- Ozzie Nelson – Dream a Little Dream of Me
- Jeff Buckley’s – Dream Brother
- Cinderella film – A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
- Bobby Darin – Dream Lover
- Jerry Butler – Dream Merchant
- Aerosmith – Dream On
- Nazareth – Dream On
- Chip Trick – Dream Police
- Gary Wright – Dream Weaver
- Luv’ – Dream, Dream
- Europe – Dreamer
- Ozzy Osbourne – Dreamer
- Supertramp – Dreamer
- Vanessa Williams – Dreamin’
- Billy Ocean – Get Outta My Dreams, Get into My Car
- Crowded House – Don’t Dream It’s Over
- Lissie – In Sleep
- Imagine Dragons – Dream
- Mariah Carey – Dreamlover
- Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams
- Nelly – Just a Dream
- Bruce Springsteen – Dream Baby Dream
- Heart – These dreams
- The Judds – Had a Dream
- Beyoncé – Sweet Dreams
- Billy Joel – The River of Dreams
- The Mamas & The Papas – California Dreamin’
- John Lennon – Dream
- Sheryn Regis – Follow your dreams
- The Coral – Dreaming of You
- Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
- Elvis Presley – If I Can Dream
- Van Halen – Dreams
- San Cisco – When I Dream
- Everlast – Dream State
- Selena – Dreaming of You
- James Morrison – In My Dreams
- Patsy Cline – Sweet Dreams
- Priscilla Ahn – Dream
- Todd Rundgren – A Dream Goes On Forever
- Faith Hill – Someone Else’s Dream
- Carrie Underwood – Just a Dream
- Glen Campbell – Angel Dream
- Oasis – Keep the Dream Alive
- Van Morrison – Only a Dream
- Norah Jones – All a Dream
- Weezer – Only in Dreams
- Depeche Mode – Dreaming of Me
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros – 40 Day Dream
- Sarah Vaughan – It Shouldn’t Happen to a Dream
- Golden Earring – The Unforgettable Dream
Top 10 best inspirational songs
Here we have a top 10 of the best inspirational songs that may help you achieve your dreams according to axs.com:
- Queen – “We Are the Champions”
- Miley Cyrus – “The Climb”
- Journey – “Don’t Stop Believin”
- Andra Day – “Rise Up”
- Whitney Houston – “One Moment in Time”
- Tina Turner – “The Best”
- Survivor – “Eye of the Tiger”
- Starship – “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now”
- Katy Perry – “Roar”
- American Authors – “Best Day of My Life”
Why is this blog about Songs about dreams important?
In this article, we saw a few songs about dreams and others that can be considered as inspirational.
Moreover, we talked about some of the possible causes of dreams and how we should not take them literally as they come.
Also, we mentioned the power of dreams and how we can even get obsessed with them but can ultimately inspire us and give us a purpose in life.
Please feel free to leave any comments or thoughts about the content of this article!
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Songs about dreams
What does it mean to dream about a song?
Dreaming about a song may be related to the meaning you give to that song, it could also happen that it was the last song you listened to before going to sleep or it might be your favorite song at this moment.
Also, remember the type of music you listen to is able to represent your emotional state or it may be linked to a present situation you are going through.
What is the best motivational song?
Here are 8 of the most inspirational songs to keep you motivated:
– Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) – Kelly Clarkson.
– Don’t Stop Believing – Journey.
– Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell.
– Save the World – Swedish House Mafia.
– Skyscraper – Demi Lovato.
– Get up Stand up – Bob Marley.
– You’re Beautiful – James Blunt.
– It’s My Life – Bon Jovi.
Who sang the song Dreaming?
Blondie sang the song dreaming. They are an american rock band co-founded by singer Debbie Harry and Chris Stein (guitarist).
What songs make you think about life?
This is a list of songs that can make you think about your life:
– Picture of My Life – Jamiroquai
– Call me – The Traveling man (The Masqueraders)
With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We slept – Explosions in the Sky
– Father And Son – Boyzone
– Born to Try – Delta Goodrem
– What I’ve Done – Linkin Park
– Shake It Out – Florence + The Machine
What do songs symbolize?
Songs and music, in general, can symbolize your emotions, “Through symbolism, a lyricist can depict his thoughts, abstract ideas, situation, event and the current issues prevailing in the society in a sugar quoted way (literarydevices.net).”
Melton, L. (2020, Jan.) Top 17 best inspirational songs to help you achieve your dreams. Retrieved from axs.com.
Nichols, H. (2018, Jun.) What does it mean when we dream?. Retrieved from medicalnewstoday.com.
Spinditty.com: “75 Songs About Dreams and Dreaming”
Ranker.com: “The Best Pop Songs About Dreams”