In this blog post, we will talk about the signs that he doesn’t want a relationship with you, and how it is so hard to accept it.
He doesn’t want a relationship with you
Girls, you need to know that men are not as complicated as you would like to think.
The truth is that when someone really wants to be with you, they would do anything to tell and show you that.
Why is this so difficult for women to understand/accept?
Many women may refuse to believe this because they feel better if they don’t believe it. Which woman doesn’t consider herself “good enough” for the man next to her?
Or what woman doesn’t see herself spending the rest of her life with the man she’s with now?
Usually, we cling to bad relationships or ignore them because it is heartbreaking, disappointing, and depressing to discover that we are different than we think.
How many women in a toxic relationship have the courage to admit that they made the wrong choice?
Many of them do not recognize this even after they have been abandoned.
And that’s because quite a few women prefer to be in a toxic relationship or with no prospects for evolution than to be alone. Say it’s not like that!
The thought of being alone becomes so repulsive and frightening that we convince ourselves that we’d rather be with someone (even if the relationship will never progress to the next level or if the relationship is toxic).
You will never have the feeling that you are extra in a man’s life if he really cares about you. A man who sees a future with you will not play you on his fingers or use pretexts to justify his indecision.
For example, a man who is determined to be with you will not make you wait days or weeks to call you, nor will he use the label “very busy” to justify not being able to meet you.
If you come out of the fragrant steam of love and observe/analyze his actions more carefully, you will realize that there are some signs that can tell you that the man is not interested in a long-term relationship.
Fortunately, statistically speaking, even if the man you’re with now doesn’t see you as a long-term relationship, there are many other men who would like that. And all you need is one of them.
People also look for signs that tell your ex is pretending to be over you. But in this blog we will discuss about the signs he doesn’t want a relationship with you.
50 signs that he doesn’t want a relationship with you
- He is still best friends or has a complicated relationship with his ex-wife / girlfriend.
- He’s still talking about his ex-wife/girlfriend, but talking a lot, no matter if he sees it hurts you.
- His work schedule is very busy and does not allow him to make time for you – he is very busy. (Alas, poor thing! No one is busier than a person who is not interested in you.)
- He travels a lot (both personally and professionally) – and he never asks you to join him.
- He calls you or sends you messages only when he needs something for you (and you are supposed to drop everything to help him).
- He is not interested in meeting your friends (or too interested in your girlfriends).
- He tends to add even more activities to his already very busy schedule.
- He expects/wants to share the expenses or complains/complains when he pays at the restaurant/movie etc. (If that happens when they court you, it’s a very bad sign).
- He never wants for the two of you to travel together.
- He avoids spending his vacation with you or spends only a small part (the rest spending it alone or with the boys – so he says).
- You communicate only via text messages.
- He didn’t introduce you to his friends.
- You only spend time together at weird, unusual hours.
- He doesn’t make plans to see you; you usually meet at random times.
- Meetings with him take place only early during the day or late at night. Very rarely do you meet at the beginning of the evening.
- He’s not talking about his past.
- He has no problem checking his emails or answering his phone frequently when he sees you (instead of giving you his full attention).
- He doesn’t give you compliments.
- He feels uncomfortable with any form of public manifestation of your intimacy – he kisses you only when no one can see you.
- He doesn’t put too much effort into planning your outings.
- You’ve never been to his house.
- He never takes you home when you go out.
- He never comes to your place.
- He never plans to see you on a weekend night.
- He doesn’t ask questions about your family or your past and never talks about your future.
- He doesn’t invite you to make plans together.
- Days can pass, possibly weeks, without him seeing or calling you.
- He doesn’t notice your new hairstyle, haircut or other important changes.
- He doesn’t show interest in what you do professionally.
- When it comes to your passions, he does not support you or is indifferent.
- He is not near you when you are sick or when someone dear to you has died.
- If he invites you to his place, he will be very careful and will erase any trace that there were two people there (wash glasses, plates, cutlery, etc. – eventually dry them and put them back as if nothing would have happened).
- He makes no effort to come to you – you always go to him (both physically and emotionally).
- He always uses his job as an excuse to justify that he can’t make time for you.
- At first he works hard to win your affection, but then his interest in you disappears quickly.
- He either “loves you” or he is not “sure that the relationship will work” (emotional insecurity).
- He never does anything special for you (to bring you flowers, to invite you to dinner, to give you presents).
- Your relationship revolves more around sex than communication and courtship.
- He never invites you to important events in his life (his company’s parties, weddings, friends’ birthdays, family events, etc.).
- He prefers to find excuses because he can only see when he needs something.
- The time spent with his friends is much more important than the time spent with you.
- If he has children from a previous relationship, he avoids introducing them to you – even after months of starting the relationship – under the pretext that the children are not ready.
- The time spent together is always in a group situation. He avoids being alone with you.
- He doesn’t remember basic things about you – for example birthday, brother’s name, where you grew up, what job/profession you have, the name of your pet, your favourite colour, etc.
- He doesn’t remember the allergies you have (to peanuts, fish, gluten, milk, etc.).
- He’s very combative with you – he’s constantly looking for an argument.
- He never wants to do activities or participate in events suggested by you – most of the time it’s just about him.
- He doesn’t respond to the affection you give him and he doesn’t tell you he loves you.
- He wants to have an open relationship.
- He doesn’t want to be “labelled” or presented as “my boyfriend” and he doesn’t want to introduce you to others as “my girlfriend”
We have listed just a few of the many signs that draw our attention to the fact that he doesn’t want a relationship with you.
Obviously, as with most lists of this kind, if only one or two of the situations on this list happened and you didn’t have a very long relationship, that doesn’t mean it’s a totally disastrous situation.
But if several things on this list resonated with you, then you should not waste time in such a toxic relationship.
Life is too short to live it with the wrong person!
Additionally, some people claim that they never have been in a relationship because of various reasons.
And, in my view point, it’s better to stay single than to choose the wrong person or relationship.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
When a man invests in you emotionally, mentally, physically and financially, then he has really invested in you in the long run.
However, there are men who say they do not want a relationship but they still have you around, you have to be attentive to the signs and ask yourself the reasons.
This does not mean that you should only see him as your “sponsor” or that you should not do things that make him feel special.
Such a man who cares about you and who wants you forever, will do everything in his power to remove all obstacles that lead to you.
He will do anything to conquer you and make you feel special.
In a relationship, communication is always important, although many men have difficulty communicating.
A man who really wants to be with you will move heaven and earth to accomplish this.
If you have any questions or comments on the content, please feel free to share them.
What we recommend for Relationship issues
If you are suffering from relationship issues then ongoing professional relationship counselling could be what you need. Relationship Counselling can be done individually or with one or more partners.
Relationship counselling helps you regain the amazing elements of your relationship and provides you with the techniques needed to avoid conflicts, misunderstandings and the most common issues most relationships struggle with.
FAQ about Signs he doesn’t want a relationship with you
Why does he keep me around if he doesn’t want a relationship?
He keeps you around if he doesn’t want a relationship because this is his comfort zone.
He likes things the way they are maybe because he is afraid of commitment, or he is afraid of being alone.
How do you tell him he doesn’t want a relationship with you?
Some strong signs that tell you that he doesn’t want a relationship with you are:
– He is still best friends or has a complicated relationship with his ex-wife/girlfriend
– He’s still talking about his ex-wife/girlfriend, but talking a lot, no matter if he sees it hurts you.
– His work schedule is very busy and does not allow him to make time for you – he is very busy. (Alas, poor thing! No one is busier than a person who is not interested in you.)
– He travels a lot (both personally and professionally) – and he never asks you to join him.
How do you know when a guy is not serious about you?
You know a guy is not serious about you when you do not feel like a priority to him when he doesn’t want to know about your past or future when he calls you only when he needs something when he does not want others to know about you…
What does it mean when a guy says he doesn’t want anything serious?
When he says he doesn’t want anything serious is mostly because he likes to enjoy your company or how he feels when you are around but without committing.
He is not going to be willing to connect with you at an emotional level, it is just about the physical connection.
Carpenter, J. (2020, Jan.) 10 Reasons He Keeps You Around When He Doesn’t Want A Relationship.
Cavallo, C. (2019, Nov.) Why Does He Keep Seeing Me If He Doesn’t Want A Relationship?
Love Me, Don’t Leave Me: Overcoming Fear of Abandonment and Building Lasting, Loving Relationships, by Michelle Skeen