Self-Reflective Questions (A list)
This blog aims to provide you with a number of self-reflective questions that would help you reflect on yourself.
Often we experience and lack of direction to move on and fear about our future lives.
Self-reflective questions are a great source of finding your way to identify your goals and ambitions and working on them with full encouragement. Self-reflective questions serve various benefits.
These questions help you recognize your values, identify your goals, evaluate your progress, think upon your perspectives and thinking pattern, and so forth.
The main purpose of this blog is to provide you with various self-reflective questions based on different areas of your life, to help you evaluate those areas, identify your potential, and work on your goals constructively.
Before we move on to self-reflective questions, let’s have a look at some tips for self-reflection.
Tips for Self-Reflection
Self-reflection is a very effective process that helps in identifying and understanding your thinking pattern and actions.
It helps you increase your self-awareness and pile up the benefits of introspection.
The following are some tips that you should follow for self-reflection:
- Remain true to yourself
- Record your thought patterns and actions in a self-reflection journal
- Identify your values and beliefs
- Learn from your mistakes and forgive yourself for those mistakes
The following is a list of a number of self-reflective questions related to different areas of your life that would help you evaluate your self and reflect on yourself:
Self-Reflective Questions on Thoughts About Self
- Do I like what I have become?
- What are my values?
- What are my core strengths?
- What is the most favorite thing about myself?
- What is the least favorite thing about myself?
- What are the three words that describe me best?
- What are the ‘why’s’ of my life?
Self-Reflective Questions on Emotions
- What makes me feel excited?
- What are the ways in which I can make my life more joyful and exciting?
- What are the things that I need to forgive myself for?
- What adventure do I need right now to make me feel excited?
- What is the thing that cheers me up when I am feeling down?
- What was my stress level when I experienced stress lately?
- What events or things had made me feel excited this week?
- What is the rating of my current happiness from 1 to 10?
- How do I deal with my anger and frustration?
Self-Reflective Questions on Career and Education
- What is the new skill that I have learned recently, either through my personal experience or professional experience?
- What are the motivators of my life that have helped me to accomplish this much in my life?
- What are my professional strengths?
- What are the things that I would love to learn?
- If money was no object, what would have I done throughout the day?
- What was the last time I experienced something new for the very first time?
Self-Reflective Questions on Present Time
- Am I using my time productively and intelligently?
- Do I own a healthy perspective?
- Am I true to myself?
- Do I think negatively before going to sleep?
- If these were the last days of my life, would I have the same plans and goals for the present day?
- Have I acted upon at least any one of the resolutions I made at the starting of this year?
- Have I accomplished all the resolutions I made last year?
- How can I help others to accomplish their goals?
- Am I keeping a track of my progress?
Self-Reflective Questions on Goals
- How can I create realistic, attainable, and time focused goals?
- Are the goals which I have made clear and simple?
- What will be my reaction if I fail to accomplish my goals this year?
- How can I motivate myself to work towards my goals?
- Are the goals on which I am working on worth it?
Self-Reflective Questions About Love Life
- Which of my acts of kindness has made my partner feel happy this year?
- What have I done this year to make my partner’s life easier?
- Which of my words or actions towards my partner has made me feel regretful?
- Have I made my partner feel loved this year?
- If I never see my partner again, will I be happy with the last words I said to her?
- What things I should have done to become a better partner this year?
Self-Reflective Questions on Growth
- What was the thing that I wished to do this year but couldn’t do due to my fears?
- What is the thing I did this year which I wish I should have not done?
- How have I controlled the direction my life took this year?
- What behaviors, activities, or tips have I followed to increase my self-confidence this year?
- Have I been kind to myself this year?
- In what ways have I been kind to myself this year?
- What worries me or makes me afraid about the coming year?
- How can I deal with my automatic negative thoughts during the times of failure?
- How can I work on changing my faulty thinking patterns this year?
- What do I need to change about myself this year?
- How can I increase my self-confidence in this year?
- How can I improve my communication skills this year?
Self-Reflective Questions About Work Life
- During the last year, did I compromise on my sleep, rest hours, or personal life because of my job?
- If I were my own manager, would I have been happy with my progress at work?
- What are successful in maintaining a balance in work life and personal life?
- Have I successfully achieved the goals which I had made regarding my job?
- During the past year, have I made efforts to collaborate with coworkers?
- What are my three most important and concrete goals for the coming year?
- What can I do to deserve a promotion for myself?
- Am I doing the job that I wished for?
- Is the career path which I am following good for me or according to my dreams?
- In what ways can I increase my productivity in the office as well as at home?
Self-Reflective Questions on Daily Activities
- What is my favorite self-care activity?
- What is the role of my priorities in planning my daily activities?
- How do I practice mindfulness?
- How often do I practice self-care?
- How productive am I?
- Do I plan daily activities for the next day before going to sleep?
- Do I benefit from practicing self-care?
Self-Reflective Questions on Relationships
- If I get a chance to do dinner with any of my relatives, coworkers, friends, any significant one, dead or alive, who would it be, and what will I ask him?
- How do I think will other people describe you?
- Who is the person with whom I am craving for a deeper and stronger relationship?
- If I had only 5 minutes for the whole world listening to me, what will I say?
- What is my favorite topic of discussion?
- How effectively do I handle conflicts?
- Who do I look to in my difficult times?
- How similar am I to my parents?
- What is the nicest thing which somebody had told me so far?
- What is the most important characteristic that an individual can have according to me?
- How many people are there in my social circle?
- How many people are really close to me?
You can also try the Five Facet Mindfulness Questionnaire to know how much self aware you are.
Also, you should learn self regulation strategies.
The following is a list of some of the best books on self-reflective questions.
These books are a great source of acknowledging some self-reflective questions that would help you reflect on yourself.
Just click the book you wish to study and you will be redirected to the page from where you can access it.
- Soul Therapy: A 365-day journal for self-exploration, healing, and reflection by Positive Soul and Jacqueline Kademian | Apr 11, 2018
- Moon Lists: Questions and Rituals for Self-Reflection: A Guided Journal by Leigh Patterson | Jun 25, 2019
- 20 Questions: A Self-Reflection Journal for Jesus-followers That Will Make You Think by Splatter Publishing | Nov 17, 2018
- Question Your Life: Naikan Self-Reflection and the Transformation of our Stories by Gregg Krech
- Writing Prompts for Adults: 365 Days of Journal Writing Ideas, Self-discovery Questions, Daily Reflections to Find Direction, Boost Creativity and Discover Who You Are by Emerson Hooper
- The 365 Self-Discovery Journal: A Guided Daily Journal To Master Self-Improvement (Writing Journals To Write In For Women and Men) by 21 Exercises
- Start Where You Are: A Journal for Self-Exploration Aug 11, 2015
The questions which are asked for follow up when we do not understand anything are known as probing questions.
Probing questions are used when something is unclear or we want to clarify something or know more details about something.
How do you self evaluate your life?
There are many ways of evaluating life by yourself.
Some ways of self-evaluation of life include asking yourself the worth of the day you had spent, defining success at least once a day, recalling your topmost priorities every day to keep track of them, creating new metrics, and doing things that make you happy.
What is a reflective question with an example?
Self-reflection questions are the ones that help an individual reflect on himself. Some examples of self-reflection questions include: Am I doing good in my studies?
If so, am I getting good grades in my exams? Is my progress good?
What else can I do to make my performance even better? and so forth.
How do you start a reflective sentence?
Self-reflective questions serve the purpose of helping an individual reflect on himself.
Therefore it is very important that the self respective questions must be according to any theme related to self such as education, relationships, career etcetera.
Self-reflective questions start with words like Am I?, Is?, How?, Which?, What? and so on.
How do you assess yourself as a person?
Some steps to assess yourself as a person include checking your attitude, self- reflection, examining performance against job specification, finding out the Expectations of your supervisor, getting feedback from others, and using them constructively rather than critically, planning ahead by setting realistic, attainable goals, and so forth.
What does it mean to re-evaluate yourself?
To re-evaluate self or others mean to consider yourself or others again, and rechecking your opinion about self and others again without being judgemental or skeptical.
For example, thinking that how good or bad you are based on the acts you have done or your intentions can help you re-evaluate yourself.
This blog provided you a number of questions that would help yourself reflect on yourself.
These self-reflective questions are a great source of increasing your knowledge about yourself, increasing your motivation, helping you accept yourself, and planning ahead constructively etcetera.
We hope you would benefit from these self-reflective questions. If you have any questions or queries regarding this blog, let us know through your comments.
We will be glad to assist you in this regard.
The Power of Self-Reflection: Ten Questions You Should Ask …
87 Self-Reflection Questions for Introspection [+ Exercises] by Courtney E. Ackerman (2020)
40 Thoughtful Self-Reflection Questions + Printable Prompts …
50 Journaling Questions to Ask Yourself for Ultimate Self …