Self-confidence refers to the expectations an individual has of themselves.
Specialists define “self-confidence” as the high level of certainty of the individual in relation to their own abilities, capacities, and judgments.
However, many people confuse self confidence with self-efficacy.
A high level of self-confidence brings happiness and fulfillment.
Usually, when you are confident in your abilities, the fulfillment and joy of successes are deeper.
Also, when you have confidence in your abilities, you will feel more energized and motivated to reach your goals.
Self-confidence is focused on future performance, rooted in previous experiences and performances, referring to your general perception of the potential you are in control of.
A strong sense of self-confidence is not achieved once and is maintained throughout life. It is a lifelong process of your existence.
Regardless of the current level of trust, sooner or later events will occur that will require more self-confidence, more resilience and the ability to solve challenges.
That is why, with patience, dedication, and self-knowledge, you will successfully navigate this complex and challenging world.
We went on a quest and collected a series of photos as we wanted to see how self-confidence looks on people’s faces.
Visualization is a very powerful method of getting what you want, so we wanted to make sure we have the right tools.
Below you will find our collection of Self-confidence images, as well as self-confidence quotes and famous saying.
Self-confidence Images and Quotes
- “I have great faith in fools – self-confidence my friends will call it.” ― Edgar Allan Poe, Marginalia
- “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” ― Rumi, The Essential Rumi
- “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” ― J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan
- “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” ― Jodi Picoult
- “When someone tells me “no,” it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” ― Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” ― Coco Chanel
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” ― Sylvia Plath
- “If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it.” ― John Lennon
- “You’re gorgeous, you old hag, and if I could give you just one gift ever for the rest of your life it would be this. Confidence. It would be the gift of confidence. Either that or a scented candle” ― David Nicholls
- “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit” ― E.E. Cummings
- “I do not believe in taking the right decision, I take a decision and make it right.” ― Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” ― Dr. Roopleen
- “As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that. You have to know who you are – what others say is irrelevant.” ― Nic Sheff
- “Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others … Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth.” ― Katherine Mansfield
- “I laugh at myself.
I don’t take myself completely seriously.
I think that’s another quality that people have to hold on to… you have to laugh, especially at yourself.” ― Madonna
- “Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.” ― Marcus Aurelius
- “Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.” ― Ralph Waldo
- “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” ― Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
- “Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape.” ― Bell Hooks
- “Be an Encourager: When you encourage others, you boost their self-esteem, enhance their self-confidence, make them work harder, lift their spirits and make them successful in their endeavors. Encouragement goes straight to the heart and is always available. Be an encourager. Always.” ― Roy T. Bennett
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” ― Tina Fey, Bossypants
- “Don’t let mental blocks control you. Set yourself free. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks.” ― Dr. Roopleen
- “I’m not insecure. I’ve been through way too much f**king sh*t to be insecure. I’ve got huge balls. But I’ve been humbled. That makes you grateful for every day you have.” ― Drew Barrymore
- “To overcome fear is the quickest way to gain your self-confidence.” ― Roy T. Bennett
- “A competitive and insecure woman will tell you that “true love” is never giving up on someone you’re in love with. A confident and spiritual woman knows that “moving on” doesn’t mean you never loved someone. She realizes that letting go is what God needs her to do because both your happiness and hers requires taking different journeys for spiritual growth. Letting go is sometimes the hardest thing, but it is the most “real love” you will ever experience.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “No matter what a woman looks like, if she’s confident, she’s sexy” ― Paris Hilton
- “Why should I care what other people think of me? I am who I am. And who I wanna be.” ― Avril Lavigne
- “What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
- “Fear? What has a man to do with fear? Chance rules our lives, and the future is all unknown. Best live as we may, from day to day.” ― Sophocles, Oedipus Rex
- “Control Your Own Destiny or Someone Else Will” ― Jack Welch
- “We can say that Muad’Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn.” ― Frank Herbert
- “A diamond doesn’t start out polished and shining. It once was nothing special, but with enough pressure and time, it becomes spectacular. I’m that diamond.”― Solange Nicole
- “To us — richer and cleverer than everyone else!” ― Scott Lynch
- “Confidence is like a dragon where, for every head cut off, two more heads grow back.” ― Criss Jami
- “Piper had a new entry in her top-ten list of Times Piper Felt Useless.
Fighting Shrimpzilla with a dagger and a pretty voice? Not so effective.” ― Rick Riordan
- “And I know I can do this because I went to London on my own and because I solved the mystery…and I was brave and I wrote a book and that means I can do anything.” ― Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- “The world’s greatest achievers have been those who have always stayed focussed on their goals and have been consistent in their efforts.” ― Dr. Roopleen
- “Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Humans punish themselves endlessly for not being what they believe
they should be. They become very self-abusive, and they use other people to abuse themselves as well.” ― Miguel Ruiz
- “My self-confidence can be measured out in teaspoons mixed into my poetry, and it still always tastes funny in my mouth.” ― Sarah Kay
- “At every given moment we are absolutely perfect for what is required for our journey.”
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
- “People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “If my mind can conceive it,
My heart can believe it,
I know I can achieve it!”
― Jesse Jackson
- “How we love others is affected by how we love ourselves, and for the first time in a long time, I was whole.” ― Richelle Mead, Succubus Revealed
- “Believe in yourself up here and it will make you stronger than you could ever imagine.” ― Sarah Dessen
- “Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has their bow. Courage is what makes you do it.” ― Bryce Courtenay
- “She remembered who she was
and the game changed.” ― Lalah Delia
- “Lack of confidence, sometimes alternating with unrealistic dreams of heroic success, often leads to procrastination, and many studies suggest that procrastinators are self-handicappers: rather than risk failure, they prefer to create conditions that make success impossible, a reflex that of course creates a vicious cycle.” ― James Surowiecki
- “Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way.” ― Sheri Dew
- “Try giving up all the thoughts that make you feel bad, or even just some of them, and see how doing that changes your life. You don’t need negative thoughts. All they have ever given you was a false self that suffers. They are all lies.”
― Gina Lake
- “I would rather be damned by my honesty, than caged by my lies.”
― Omega Maverick
- “The moment you become friends with your inner Self, you realize that the failures or hindrances that you met earlier were caused more by your disconnected status with your inner Being.”
― Stephen Richards
- “Criticism is just someone else’s opinion. Even people who are experts in their ﬁelds are sometimes wrong. It is up to you to choose whether to believe some of it, none of it, or all of it. What you think is what counts.” ― Rodolfo Costa
- “… I am done being in love with you.”
“I am in love with someone else. Someone who needs it more than you.”
― Nikita Gill
57. “The moment you have to recruit people to put another person down, in order to convince someone of your value is the day you dishonor your children, your parents and your God. If someone doesn’t see your worth the problem is them, not people outside your relationship.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “My mind may be sober, but my confidence is high!” ― Habeeb Akande
- “In the darkest hours, we must believe in ourselves.” ― Terry Goodkind
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Developing self-confidence requires time, as well as maintaining it.
We all have moments that provoke our confidence, but when we understand the sources of a healthy level of self-confidence, we can always work on cultivating it in our own person as well as those around us.
We hope you enjoyed our collection of Self-confidence images and quotes.
Don’t forget to share your favorite quote with us in the comments section below.