In this brief blog, we will be talking about Reiki for anxiety, how to use Reiki for anxiety, the benefits of using Reiki for anxiety, and more information about Reiki for anxiety.
What is Reiki for anxiety?
Reiki is a therapeutic practice that was made in Japan.
This kind of therapeutic practice was made to treat people with unnatural levels of energy in their bodies which can influence mental health disorders.
This kind of therapeutic practice is very renowned for treating people with unhealthy levels of anxiety.
This kind of therapeutic practice was derived from the Japanese name for “Universal Life Force Energy,” which is the life-giving energy present in everyone.
You can understand this kind of therapeutic practice through the use of being in the sense that the person is alive.
This kind of therapeutic practice is where the practitioner will be using a hands-on approach and putting some strokes in various locations of the body which might be the location for the unnatural levels of energy that has made the patient distressed.
This kind of therapeutic practice cam from the ancient Chinese and Japanese medical treatment.
This kind of therapeutic practice has become very popular since the 1900s.
This kind of therapeutic practice has even been offered by many hospitals in Western countries.
This kind of therapeutic practice has been considered safe when used with other treatments such as chemotherapy and medications.
This kind of therapeutic practice uses the person’s natural way of healing and this therapeutic practice is only used when other treatments have failed to see benefits.
The practitioner will be using his or her hands on the client’s body and may do some repetitive motions depending on the needs of the client.
The length of the session will be based on the current needs of the patient who is engaging in this kind of therapeutic practice.
What should I expect in a Reiki session for anxiety?
This kind of therapeutic practice starts with the practitioner asking the client what he or she expects in this kind of therapy and most practitioners would say that you will be in a relaxed state once you get into this therapy.
This kind of therapeutic practice is experienced differently by different but most clients would use this therapeutic practice to treat their anxiety.
This kind of therapeutic practice can start by making the client be placed on a massage table.
The practitioner can try to ask the clients about where they want to be massaged the most or the practitioner can identify the location that needs most attention such as the backside when anxiety is the prominent mental health complication.
This kind of therapeutic practice can make the client be placed in the state of his or her parasympathetic nervous system from the sympathetic nervous system which explains why most clients will be engaged in being relaxed while in this therapeutic practice.
Most clients would experience a tingling sensation when the practitioner starts to move his or her hands on the client and rubbing parts that might be in pain due to some complications in one’s life.
Some clients might even sleep in this kind of therapeutic practice due to the relaxation involved in this practice.
This kind of therapeutic practice can make you lose your stress in life and make you more relieved about your life.
You will also learn how to stay in the moment when you go through this kind of therapeutic practice which can help you deal with stress in your life.
You can even engage in this kind of therapeutic practice even when you are still taking other treatments for your anxiety.
How do I do a Reiki session for anxiety on myself?
The following are ways for you to do this kind of session for your anxiety by yourself.
You need to read the instructions carefully and follow them thoroughly:
- Before beginning this kind of session, remind yourself that this kind of therapeutic practice is the universal life force energy that is already present within everyone. The energy from this kind of therapeutic practice reinforces the body’s natural healing abilities.
- Patients are encouraged to perform their self-treatment of this therapeutic practice whether they feel well or not. You need to see your self-treatments of this therapeutic practice as special moments you can set aside during the day to be peaceful and calm in your hectic life.
- Set aside a daily time each day to perform your self-treatments of this therapeutic practice. It is recommended that you begin with a 20-minute self-treatment first thing in the morning and then another 20-minute self-treatment at the end of the day with this kind of therapeutic practice. These kinds of treatments can be performed for longer stretches of time if you would like such as for 30 to 60 minutes of this therapeutic practice. The time of day can also be adjusted to best fit your regular schedule so that you can have time to engage in this kind of therapeutic practice and your work.
- Search for a safe and comfortable space in your home to perform your self-treatments of this therapeutic practice. Try to use this same space regularly when you are doing this kind of therapeutic practice. You can perform these self-treatments of this therapeutic practice sitting in a chair or lying on your back on a sofa, bed, or the floor as ideas for your areas of treatment.
- Unless you need someone present in the room for your care and security, consider performing your self-treatments of this therapeutic practice alone in the room.
- Create a quiet environment without distracting noise for your engagement in this kind of therapeutic practice. Many patients find it helpful to play some relaxing instrumental music during their self-treatments of this therapeutic practice.
You should do the following steps as instructed and make sure you are comfortable reclined in a makeshift place for you to start your session.
You need to treat you are doing this kind of therapeutic practice for the good of your body and mind.
You can start getting relaxing music if you feel comfortable with this kind of music while you are doing this kind of therapeutic practice.
Advantages of Reiki for anxiety
There are several research papers that indicate the effectiveness of this therapeutic practice in people.
The following are these advantages in engaging in this kind of therapeutic practice:
Lower stress levels in people
People with severe levels of anxiety are the most stressed people among other people who have other levels of anxiety.
Studies have shown that this therapeutic practice can help them get relaxed and less stressed.
People who have severe anxiety levels won’t have the luxury of time in relaxing.
With this therapeutic practice, they are more likely to feel relaxed as most people who have tried this therapeutic practice.
There are some people who have severe levels of anxiety and they are also more likely to experience depression as well.
This therapeutic practice can also alleviate the feelings of depression and help the person get back to a normal mood state.
People with severe anxiety levels are also more likely to feel like they can’t sleep in the middle of the night due to this mental health condition.
This is why you should use this therapeutic practice to have better sleeping habits due to the alleviation of your anxiety.
You don’t need to be concerned about the usage of this therapeutic practice since it doesn’t have any side effects like most medications for anxiety do.
The following are other benefits of this therapeutic practice but there are studies to prove these advantages.
Reiki alleviates anxiety among women as reported
There was a study in 2006 that this therapeutic practice is effective in treating women with anxiety.
This therapeutic practice can help these affected women calm down when need to be.
The participants in the study even stated that they felt much more relaxed than before when they used this therapeutic practice.
Reiki helps with anxiety and fatigue in cancer patients as reported
There have been studies that this therapeutic practice has been helping people who have cancer and fatigue in this physical disorder.
People with this physical condition were able to get rid of their fatigue thanks to this therapeutic practice and were able to look forward in their healing which is a great improvement considering that people with this physical disorder are more likely to get away from treatment due to hopelessness.
Reiki alleviates depression and anxiety among older adults as reported
Older adults are more likely to get affected by anxiety and depression due to the living conditions and the social isolation that might become apparent in these years.
This therapeutic practice has been found to treat older adults with these mental health conditions and they were able to have a more positive attitude in their lives.
Where to find a practitioner of Reiki for anxiety?
You can find a practitioner of this therapeutic practice by accessing the IARP website.
You can register to make an appointment in this kind of organisation.
You have already read the advantages of this therapeutic practice and you should try doing this kind of therapeutic practice to benefit you and other people who are worried about your mental health.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
In this brief blog, we have talked about Reiki for anxiety, how to use Reiki for anxiety, the benefits of using Reiki for anxiety, and more information about Reiki for anxiety.
If you have any questions about Reiki for anxiety, please let us know and the team will gladly answer your queries.
FAQs: reiki for anxiety
What chakra helps with anxiety?
The chakra that helps with anxiety is the solar plexus chakra.
This kind of chakra is connected to the digestive system and the adrenal glands.
This kind of chakra controls the person’s fears, sense of power, and gut feelings.
When this kind of chakra is out of balance, people will have fears, anxiety, eating disorders, and loss of control.
How long does Reiki take to work?
Reiki takes 90 minutes to work. You can get this kind of practice in a hospice, nursing home, hospital or other healthcare settings that are found to offer this service.
These kinds of healthcare settings can offer this kind of service for 15 to 20 minutes while private practitioners who offer these services have 90-minute sessions.
Is Reiki good for mental health?
Yes, Reiki is good for mental health.
This kind of service will permit people to be more grounded and be present at the moment by listening to what the body, mind, and soul are needing and displaying symptoms of mental health complications will make each of these parts’ needs known.
Why does my solar plexus hurt?
Your solar plexus hurts because of anxiety.
This kind of chakra is close to the adrenal glands and the lungs.
The flight-or-flight response can also cause this kind of chakra to get hurt.
This kind of response can also lead to other symptoms such as pain and gastric symptoms such as nausea.
Where is the throat chakra?
The throat chakra is located in the neck.
This kind of chakra is related to hearing and speaking which may also make it connected to the mouth.
Vishuddha is typically related to the thyroid gland in the human endocrine system.
What we recommend for curbing Anxiety
Below are some of the services and products we recommend for anxiety
- Anxiety Weighted Blankets are by far the number 1 thing every person who suffers from anxiety should at least try. Anxiety Blankets may improve your sleep, allow you to fall asleep faster and you can even carry them around when chilling at home.
- Online therapy is another thing we should all try. We highly recommend Online therapy with a provider who not only provides therapy but a complete mental health toolbox to help your wellness.
- With over 50,000 participants, this anxiety course may be just what you need to regain control of your life.
- Amber light therapy from Amber lights could increase the melatonin production in your body and help you sleep better at night. An Amber light lamp helps reduce the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep and increases overall sleep quality.
Anxiety.org. Reduce anxiety with reiki.
Cleveland Clinic. Reiki Self-Treatment.
IARP. Reiki for Generalized Anxiety Disorder.