In this article, titled “Prayer anxiety,” you will find some prayers about anxiety, which may be helpful for you to reduce your anxiety symptoms.
Prayers Used to Relieve or Reduce Anxiety
As you know, prayers are widely used among believers and Christians.
They believe that if they whisper a prayer for a specific purpose, it can help you or your beloved people success, be healthy, or find happiness.
Below you can find some prayers aimed to relieve or reduce anxiety:
A Celtic Prayer of Peace
Calm me, Lord, as you calmed the storm; still me, Lord, keep me from harm.
Let all the tumult within me cease, enfold me, Lord, in your peace.
Calm me, Lord, as you calmed the storm; still me, Lord, keep me from harm.
Let all the tumult within me cease, Lord, enfold me in your peace.
— David Adam
Side Note: I grew this blog to over 500,000 monthly pageviews and it now finances our charitable missions. If you are looking to start a blog as a source of income or to help your community then view our how to start a blog guide.
A Prayer for Unburdening the Mind
Dear Loving Lord,
I am feeling stress, I am worried.
Too many things occupy my mind.
Won’t you help me?
Show me, Lord, your order and your plans, are eternal.
Let me trust in your will alone.
Your word tells me where there is love; there is no fear.
Let me be filled with your love.
The perfect love that tells me I am not condemned, but I am saved.
I can do all things through you.
You Strengthen me.
In Jesus name, Amen
A Prayer for Soothing Panic Attacks and Anxiety
I come before You to lay my panic and anxiety at Your feet. When my fears and worries crush me, remind me of Your power and Your grace. Fill me with Your peace as I trust in You and You alone. I know I cannot beat this on my own, but I also know that I have You, Lord, and You have already paid the ultimate price to carry my burdens.
For this, I thank you, Amen.
A Prayer for Confronting Fear
When I feel crushed by my worries,
Lift my mind and help me to see the truth.
When fear grips me tight, and I feel I cannot move,
Free my heart and help me to take things one step at a time.
When I cannot express the turmoil inside,
Calm me with Your quiet words of love.
I choose to trust in You each day, each hour, each moment of my life.
I know deep down that I in Your grace, forgiven, restored by Your sacrifice, You have set me free.
A Prayer for Finding Inner Peace Through God
God, who is more than we can ever comprehend, help us to seek you, and you alone.
Help us to stand before all that we could do and seek what you would do, and do that.
Lift from us, our need to achieve all that we can be and, instead, surrender to what you can be in us.
Give us ways to refrain from the busyness that will put us on edge and off-center, give us today your peace.
A Prayer for Calming a Troubled Heart
Please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like a turbulent sea. I cannot seem to find my balance, so I stumble and worry always.
Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you have laid out for me. I trust your Love God and know that you will heal this stress just as the sun rises each day against the dark of night.
Please bring me clarity with the light of God.
In your name, I pray, Amen.
A Prayer for Letting Go of Worries
Lately, I have been so worried about things that are out of my control. Help me to trust that you are working every little detail of my life out and that I have nothing to fear or worry about.
In Jesus’s name, Amen.
A Prayer to Cast Out Fear
I know that worrying gets me nowhere. Yet, I still allow worry and anxiety to consume me.
In times such as these, Lord, I ask you to grant me an enormous amount of strength, faith, and courage to fight off the doubt and fear within my mind. Faith casts out fear while fear casts out faith.
Prayer for Anxiety Relief
Lord, You know my heart and my innermost thoughts. You see the struggle within me, the battle between mind and heart. I beg of you, O Lord, release me from this anxiety. Let me bask in Your Holiness and remain calm, knowing that You are Lord and Savior. You died for my sins, and You will not leave me alone in this dark place. I thank You for Your everlasting love, Amen.
Prayer for Anxiety, Worry, and Fear
Our Heavenly Father, today is a difficult one, and I come to you as a broken and humbled servant. I am unable to bear the burden of my worry and fear alone, and I turn to You to help me. Your sacrifice has set me free, and I yearn to follow Your path, Lord. Help me live in Your grace. You have forgiven me, and You have erased my cares. Everything I have is because of You, and I ask that You help me trust in You, Lord. Amen.
Prayer for Anxiety and Depression
Dear God, the heaviness of the world weighs on me, and while I know You are in charge, and You have my best interests at heart, I am struggling. My worries and the worries of the world crush me and bear me to the ground. O Lord, help me understand that You are the one holding me up and that You will prevail against this darkness in me. Deliver me from the Valley of Death. Your love can heal all, and I ask that you lift me from this pit of despair and surround me in Your incredible love and light. Let me see You in everything, Lord, that I may rise above this, in Your arms, and serve You. In Your Name, Amen.
Prayer for Anxiety and Fear
Heavenly Father, I fall before you, pleading for Your understanding and forgiveness. I have faltered in my faith, Lord. I feel fear and anxiety where I should feel faith and strength in Your arms. Forgive me, Father, and banish these thoughts from my head. Sweep away the fears that threaten to overcome me and make me new again, in Your Holy Spirit. This I ask, Amen.
Recommended books and sources
- Flee, Be Silent, Pray: Ancient Prayers for Anxious Christians
- HFNE “Alcohol and Anxiety”
- HFNE “Anxiety”
- Prayers for Anxiety: And how best to cope with it
- Prayers for Freedom over Worry and Anxiety
- Tea for Depression and Anxiety: Tea Recipes and Herbs for Depression and Anxiety
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
FAQs about the topic “Prayer for Anxiety.”
Does praying help anxiety?
Prayer may help to reduce anxiety.
According to a study, whether prayer can reduce anxiety, depends on the personality of the God whom people believe and direct their prayers.
What Saint helps with anxiety?
Saint Dymphna helps with anxiety. She is the Patroness Saint of Stress, Anxiety, and Mental Health.
According to legend, she lived in the 7th century and was a daughter language of the Irish king and his Christian wife. His father executed her.
For the first time, the story of Dymphna was recorded in the 13th century by the priest of the church, Ober Avranshsky, from the archbishopric of Cambrai and confirmed by Bishop Gui de Laon.
What does God say about worry and anxiety?
There are different proverbs of God about worry and anxiety, such as:
– Matthew 6:25-27 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Moreover, which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?”
– Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
– Philippians 4:6-7, do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Moreover, the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
How can I calm my anxious heart?
To calm your anxious heart, you should try the following tips, which may be helpful:
– Be present – follow the psychological principle “here and now,” that assumes that you focus on the present, which may help you recognize your emotions and feelings.
– Relabel what is happening – if a panic attack makes you worry that you are dying, you should remember that it is harmless and temporary; besides, panic attack may be perceived as your body’s defending function, which is aimed to keep you alive.
– Rethink your fears – it may help you to train your brain to become rational to deal with your fears.
– Practice breathing exercises or take deep breaths.
– Follow the 3-3-3 rule – feeling extremely anxious, you should look around and name three things you see, three sounds you hear, and move three parts of your body.
Is anxiety a mental illness?
Anxiety is a mental illness.
Anxiety is the body’s natural response to stress, a feeling of unease, such as worry and fear of what is ahead.
If your anxiety lasts more than six months, it can mean that you have an anxiety disorder.
What to drink to calm nerves?
You can drink teas for anxiety to calm nerves, such as:
– Green tea (Camellia sinensis)- Green tea contains polyphenol, which is good to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and stress. Even though green tea contains caffeine, it is adaptogenic and can keep you calm enough without making you sleepy.
– Chamomile tea (Matricaria recutita)- Chamomile tea is made from dried chamomile flowers. It helps to reduce anxiety and stress. It is good to ease insomnia and relax muscles. You should not drink it before the end of the workday, as it may make you sleepy.
– Passionflower tea (Passiflora incarnata)- Passionflower contains flavone chrysin, which has an anti-anxiety and stress-relieving effect. So, it is recommended to use passionflower tea for anxiety. It is also used to improve sleep quality. You should not use this tea if you are using other sedative medication. It is recommended not to use passionflower tea for children under six months and pregnant and lactating women.
– Holy basil (Ocimum sanctum)- Holy basil or tulsi is related to European and Thai basils. There is not much information about holy basil’s effect on anxiety. However, research showed that the use of holy basil reduces the symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder.
– Peppermint tea (Mentha piperita)- Peppermint is useful not only as a spice but also in tea. It contains menthol, which is a natural muscle relaxant. Peppermint tea may reduce anxiety and stress.
Because of its lack of caffeine, this tea is good to drink before going to bed, especially after tiring and frustrating day (it is recommended to drink herb teas an hour before sleeping, not to wake up during night for toilet).
We can conclude “Prayer for anxiety,” saying that prayers can also have a calming effect on people with anxiety; they may reduce anxiety, as well as stress.
Please feel free to comment on the content or ask any questions in the comments section below.
What we recommend for curbing Anxiety
Below are some of the services and products we recommend for anxiety
- Anxiety Weighted Blankets are by far the number 1 thing every person who suffers from anxiety should at least try. Anxiety Blankets may improve your sleep, allow you to fall asleep faster and you can even carry them around when chilling at home.
- Online therapy is another thing we should all try. We highly recommend Online therapy with a provider who not only provides therapy but a complete mental health toolbox to help your wellness.
- With over 50,000 participants, this anxiety course may be just what you need to regain control of your life.
- Amber light therapy from Amber lights could increase the melatonin production in your body and help you sleep better at night. An Amber light lamp helps reduce the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep and increases overall sleep quality.