PF counselling (A guide)
In this brief blog, we will be talking about PF counselling, the issues addressed by PF counselling, the benefits of taking counselling services in PF counselling, and more information about PF counselling.
What is the PF counselling?
The PF counselling service is a registered charity that was considered as a Pastoral Foundation.
This became known as PF when there is no more money from the congregation which was funding this kind of counselling service.
The vision of this counselling service is to enable growth and positive changes through the counselling process without any matter for the background and the money for the counselling service.
The counsellors in this kind of counselling service are highly qualified and authorized to take the counselling services and helping people with different kinds of mental health concerns.
This kind of counselling service is situated in the Morningside area of Edinburgh.
Other platforms, such as 7cupsoftea provide free emotional support and online counselling to those who need it.
Qualifications of the PF counselling
The following are the qualifications of this counselling service:
COSCA (Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland)
This counselling service is a qualified charity under the COSCA in Scotland.
In this case, this counselling service will make sure that the counsellors will be following the Code of Ethics that is followed by this association.
In order to remain recognised as a counselling service, this counselling service is able to keep getting the latest policies and updates from this counselling association.
The PF Charity
This counselling service is a recognised charity under the Pastoral Foundation that is considered as qualified as an England and Scotland Foundation.
The goals of this counselling service are the following:
- To ease persons in need of emotional, social, psychological or spiritual assistance by the provision of a professional counselling service
- To promote and give education and training for volunteer counsellors with a perspective to increase the standards of counselling for the benefit of the community and, in particular, of those who are the clients of counselling.
This counselling service will be doing these goals by doing the following:
- giving a counselling service accessible to individuals over eighteen years of age
- Making counselling more available to members of the community irrespective of their ability to pay
- Assisting volunteer counsellors in their work in counselling clients
- Giving and building supervision of counselling
- Adhering to the COSCA Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice
- Motivating volunteer counsellors to go forward for individual accreditation through BACP/COSCA and UKCP
- Giving practice placements for student counsellors from training organisations which meet the nationally authorized standards for counselling
- Giving workshops or conferences on topics associated with counselling, supervision and personal development
What kinds of issues that the PF counselling will be taking care of?
This kind of counselling service can handle the following issues that can be helped by the counselling services:
- bereavement and loss in affected people
- complications in relationships such as family, social, and intimate
- self-confidence and self-esteem for people who need to improve these psychological concerns
- childhood issues
- depression, anxiety
- work issues
- sexual difficulties
- Gender or sexual identity concerns
- abuse, violence
- spiritual and existential concerns
You will also get professional counselling service where you can do the following in this kind of counselling service:
- Discuss your situation in full confidence
- be supported to reach a better comprehension of your complications
- discover and choose the best method forward for yourself
You might not be able to know what’s going on with you but you can do still access this kind of counselling service.
This kind of counselling service can also be used to help you get through positive change and help you grow.
What are the different counselling services in the PF counselling?
The different counselling services in this kind of charity are affordable for clients.
Despite this kind of situation, these kinds of counsellors are qualified to administer counselling to clients.
These kinds of counsellors have gone through frequent professional development and professional supervision that are needed to be qualified frequently.
In this case, this kind of counselling service can follow the Code of Ethics and the Code of Practice from COSCA as one of its counselling qualifications.
The counsellors in this kind of counselling service are trained in the following counselling techniques:
- Process Work
- Transactional Analysis
- Counselling Psychology
- Core Process or Karuna
Online counselling in the PF counselling
This counselling service is not currently doing online counselling services for people.
Although this counselling service wants to find out if this counselling service will be good for you.
This counselling charity has a questionnaire for people who want to have this counselling service which includes the following questions:
- (How likely are you to use online therapy?)
- (What sort of online communication would you prefer?)
- (How important would it be to you that you knew you were working with a PF therapist?)
- (How much would you be willing to donate for an online therapy session?)
The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online is having a directory if you want to find counsellors who can offer their counselling services online.
The Online Therapy Services are also giving services and information about online therapy.
These counselling centres are independent and separate services.
This counselling centre does not hold any responsibility for the information that they are giving to clients.
Who can get counselling services in the PF counselling?
You can get counselling services in this kind of counselling centre when you meet the following requirements:
- You are over 18 years old in your birth certificate. This kind of counselling charity cannot accommodate children or young people under 18.
- You request counselling for yourself alone or self-referral
- This kind of charity does not accept referrals or requests on behalf of other people, even close family members.
- This kind of charity cannot typically provide couples counselling and only a few counsellors who are trained in this kind of work. This kind of charity would suggest Bright Light if you want to meet a counsellor as a couple.
- You can speak and comprehend sufficient English to talk about the concerns you want to discover. Although this kind of charity occasionally has counsellors who are willing to work in different languages, this charity is not able to provide a multilingual service or to give translators.
How do you appoint counselling in the PF counselling?
You can appoint counselling in this kind of charity by getting a Counselling Request Form.
You can finish this kind of form on the website or let this kind of charity mail you this form.
When this kind of charity has received your form, you will be invited to go through an initial consultation.
This kind of consultation will last for 50 minutes and you will be able to do the following:
- discover counselling and what kinds of counselling services are available in this kind of counselling service
- Talk about why you are seeking counselling, and hear about what it could provide you
- discuss the things that are impacting you
- evaluate your needs and talk together whether counselling would be appropriate for you
- Talk about any donation you may be able to make for your counselling sessions such as the initial session itself
- Talk about your accessibility for a frequent weekly appointment
If you and the counsellor are able to agree to have this kind of service, you will be able to meet this counsellor for a counselling session to help you with your mental health concern.
The length of time that you are going to take this kind of service will be based on your accessibility in the week.
When you are able to remain flexible throughout the week then you will be able to get an appropriate spot for you to have counselling sessions.
You can also learn more about this appointment by going to the Waiting List page on the website for this kind of counselling charity.
Initial and Regular Appointments In This Counselling Charity
This counselling charity is offering these counselling appointments for 4 to 6 weeks after your initial consultation.
You will be having the initial consultation for 50 minutes to give you and your counsellor time to get acquainted with each other.
If you want more information, you can click this link How do you get started?.
When you are able to agree that counselling will help you, you will have to wait when you will get counselling sessions that are available.
You will be provided with a frequent weekly appointment after your initial consultation.
You should know that the usual waiting time for another counselling appointment is 4 to 12 weeks.
The evening counselling sessions are very high in demand which would require you to wait a little longer.
You will expect that the counselling sessions will be held at this kind of counselling charity.
You are meant to attend these counselling sessions regularly unless you are sick or on a vacation.
You should know that the regular visit can help you with your mental health concerns.
There are times when you only need a few counselling sessions instead of reaching the 12th session.
This will then be the time when the counsellor will be talking about what you can do to help you in the long run.
How much are the counselling services in the PF counselling?
You are welcome in this counselling service even if you don’t have enough means to pay for the service.
Although this counselling charity is encouraging you to give a frequent donation every time you visit.
The private counselling in this counselling charity costs £45 per session and client donations to this counselling charity can range from less than £5 up to this complete amount.
This counselling charity will ask you if you can get the Gift Aid package.
This package will maximize the money that this counselling charity received from you.
This counselling charity has a large team of counsellors from administrators to the supervised counsellors.
These donations can help keep this counselling charity steady and still help out people along the way.
In this brief blog, we have talked about PF counselling, the issues addressed by PF counselling, the benefits of taking counselling services in PF counselling, and more information about PF counselling.
If you have any questions about PF counselling, please let us know and the team will gladly answer your queries.
FAQs: pf counselling
Why do trainee counsellors need supervision?
Trainee counsellors need supervision because this is considered part of training.
This kind of training plays a crucial role in the professional development for these kinds of counsellors.
This kind of supervision is also good for personal development but this can also lead to feelings of doubt and distress.
How can I become a trainee counsellor?
You can become a trainee counsellor by taking 3 to 5 years that are equivalent to a diploma or degree level.
This kind of counsellor would need the required number of client hours where they will be supervised for their work.
Do hospitals hire counsellors?
Yes, hospitals can hire counsellors.
This can happen when hospitals would need these kinds of mental health professionals to assist patients who are trying to manage their psychological and behavioural concerns that are distressing them greatly.
Can you be a mental health counsellor with a bachelor’s?
Yes, you can be a mental health counsellor with a bachelor’s.
This is typically the starting point of becoming this kind of counsellor.
This is also required to help you gain the knowledge and skills you need when you are starting counselling.
Can a LPC be a school counsellor?
Yes, a LPC can be a school counsellor.
This can occur when these kinds of counsellors become licensed by taking licensure examinations that can give them this kind of license.
These kinds of counsellors can also take graduate school for their licensure.
Pf Counselling Service. About the PF Counselling Service.
Pf Counselling Service. How the PF Can Help You.
Pf Counselling Service. Online Counselling.
Find Hope and Healing Through Online Counseling on BetterHelp
At some point in our lives, we all face challenges that can feel overwhelming and difficult to overcome.
BetterHelp offers accessible, affordable, and confidential online counselling that can provide you with the support and guidance you need to navigate life’s ups and downs. Our licensed therapists specialize in a variety of areas, including depression, anxiety, relationships, and more, and can provide you with personalized therapy that fits your unique needs and circumstances.
Don’t struggle alone – sign up for BetterHelp today and start your journey towards healing and growth with the help of a compassionate and experienced therapist.