Who is Obi-Wan Kenobi?
Obi-Wan Kenobi is a fictional character from Star Wars and a very important Jedi master.
He is one of several main characters in the Star Wars series.
Along with Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader, R2-D2, and C-3PO, he is one of the few important characters to appear in all six Star Wars movies.
He is portrayed in the original trilogy by Alec Guinness and in the new trilogy by Ewan McGregor.
A legendary Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi was a noble man and gifted in the ways of the Force.
He trained Anakin Skywalker, served as a general in the Republic Army during the Clone Wars, and guided Luke Skywalker as a mentor.
According to the Star Wars’ official website, as a Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi was the headstrong apprentice to Qui-Gon Jinn.
The two were dispatched to settle a dispute between the Trade Federation and the planet Naboo, but negotiations never took place — the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, orchestrating the Trade Federation’s blockade of the planet, ordered the Jedi killed.
Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon survived the trap, however, and fled to the planet’s surface.
There, they finally connected with Queen Padmé Amidala of the Naboo, fled the planet, and landed on Tatooine. Qui-Gon and Padmé crossed paths with a young slave boy named Anakin Skywalker who was unusually strong with the Force, helping the stranded heroes pay for starship parts by winning a Podrace.
After his defeat by Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker returned to Dagobah to complete his training.
The young Jedi had grown powerful, and a dying Yoda told him that his training was complete — but that he must confront Darth Vader, now revealed to be his father, in order to achieve full knighthood.
That was not all; with his last words, the Jedi Master informed his student that there was another Skywalker.
A shocked Luke left Yoda’s hut to find Obi-Wan waiting.
Obi-Wan explained why he shielded Luke from the truth about his father, and confirmed that the other Skywalker was Leia, his twin sister.
He encouraged the young Jedi to face Vader again; Luke would later do so, but on his own terms — instead of killing his father, he showed him compassion.
The good was awakened in the Sith Lord, and he would die not as Vader, but as Anakin Skywalker.
In a celebration on Endor, Obi-Wan joined Yoda and Anakin in the Force, proudly watching over Luke.
23 Obi-Wan Quotes
- “Anakin.” Obi-Wan’s voice had gone soft, and his hand was warm on Anakin’s arm. “There is no other Jedi I would rather have at my side right now. No other man.”
Anakin turned, and found within Obi-Wan’s eyes a depth of feeling he had only rarely glimpsed in all their years together; and the pure uncomplicated love that rose up within him then felt like a promise from the Force itself.
“I… I wouldn’t have it any other way, Master.”
“I believe,” his one time Master said with a gently humorous look of astonishment at the words coming out of his mouth, “that you should get used to calling me Obi-Wan.” ― Matthew Stover, Revenge of the Sith
- “Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?” ― Obi Wan Kenobi
- “I am called a great swordsman because I invented a lethal style; but who is greater, the creator of a killing form—or the master of the classic form?”
“I’m very flattered that you would consider me a master but really—”
“Not a master. The master.” ― Matthew Stover, Revenge of the Sith
- “This is Obi-Wan Kenobi:
A phenomenal pilot who doesn’t like to fly. A devastating warrior who’d rather not fight. A negotiator without peer who frankly prefers to sit alone in a quiet cave and meditate.” ― Matthew Woodring Stover
- “I never claimed to be the Chosen One. That was Qui-Gon. Even the Council doesn’t believe it anymore, so why should you?”
“Because I think you believe it,” Obi-Wan said calmly.
“I think you know in your heart that you’re meant for something extraordinary.”
“And you, Master. What does your heart tell you you’re meant for?”
“Infinite sadness,” Obi-Wan said, even while smiling.” ― James Luceno
- “Fortunately, Luke’s unwavering faith in his father’s innate goodness had proved to be a stronger force than the power of the dark side.” ― Ryder Windham
- “Help us, Juli-wan Kenobi, you’re our only hope.”
For a moment, that almost, almost made Julius feel like a hero. And then he remembered. “Doesn’t Obi-Wan die in that movie?” ― Rachel Aaron, One Good Dragon Deserves Another
- “When they’d met, Anakin had been a warmhearted nine-year-old boy with an open nature. He was twelve and a half now, and the years had changed him. He had grown to be a boy who hid his heart.” ― Jude Watson
- “Contemplation of death brought only one slight sting of regret, and more than a bit of puzzlement. Until this very moment, he had never realized he’d always expected, for no discernible reason— That when he died, Anakin would be with him.” ― Matthew Woodring Stover
- “I may be a country girl who’s never been offplanet, but even I’m aware that when a Jedi walks up to you and says, “Here, have a baby,” it’s not going to end well.” ― Meg Cabot
- “Very bad joke,” Obi-Wan muttered. “D’you know, there are times when you and Bail Organa are uncannily alike.”
Anakin kept a straight face, just. “Thank you.”
“That wasn’t a compliment,” growled Obi-Wan,” ― Karen Miller
- “Everything casts two shadows.
The suns had determined this at the dawn of creation. Brothers, they were, until the younger sun showed his true face to the tribe. It was a sin. The elder sun attempted to kill his brother, as was only proper.
But he failed.
Burning, bleeding, the younger sun pursued his sibling across the sky. The wily old star fled for the hills and safety, but it was his fate never to rest again. For the younger brother had only exposed his face. The elder had exposed his failure.” ― John Jackson Miller, Kenobi
- “I am stronger as part of the Jedi Order than I could ever be alone.” ― Charles Soule, Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin
- “…you must understand that not even the Jedi know all there is to be known about the Force; no mortal mind can. We speak of the will of the Force as someone ignorant of gravity might say it is the will of a river to flow to the ocean; it is a metaphor that describes our ignorance. The simple truth – if any truth is ever simple – is that we do not truly know what the will of the Force may be. We can never know. It is so far beyond our limited understanding that we can only surrender to its mystery.” ― Matthew Woodring Stover
- “Skill is the child of patience.” ― Charles Soule, Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin
- “Until the possible becomes actual, it is only a distraction. Be mindful of what is, not what might be.” ― Matthew Woodring Stover, Revenge of the Sith
- “Qui-Gon used to do this. He used to roam around the galaxy picking up strays.” “Like me, you mean?” said Anakin tightly. “Useless hangers-on like me?” ― Karen Miller, Stealth
- “That’s because it is cruel, Obi-Wan,” Anakin snapped. “Cruel and unfeeling and unworthy of the Jedi Order.” He was so like Qui-Gon. This was like arguing with a ghost.” ― Karen Miller, Stealth
- “One of the lessons Obi-Wan needed to learn was to look beneath the surface. Perhaps this was one way.” ― Jude Watson, The Deadly Hunter
- “Every person Obi-Wan ever truly loved—Anakin, Satine, Padmé, and Qui-Gon himself—came to a terrible end. Three of them died before his eyes; the other fell to a fate so bleak that death would’ve been a gift.” ― Claudia Gray, From a Certain Point of View
- “Bail Organa sent Leia herself to summon me. When I saw her—saw Padmé in her so strongly, and even a little of Anakin, too—I knew my exile was nearly at an end.” ― Claudia Gray, From a Certain Point of View
- “Seems Commander 110 finally came to his senses too, because then he says: “We don’t need to see his identification.”
“Bless!” I almost yelled, but I kept it contained.
“These are not the droids you’re looking for,” Old Guy says.
And he was right. He was so right. It was like, of course they’re not!
110 agreed and then Old Guy says he can go about his business, and I’m like Yes! Yes, Old Guy! Say that! And 110 agrees again! Word for word in fact!
“Move along,” this remarkable little geezer says.
Commander 110 nods. “Move along.” And then, because he’s 110 and he can’t help himself, he repeats it for good measure.” ― Daniel José Older, From a Certain Point of View
- “They are closer than friends. Closer than brothers. Though Obi-Wan is sixteen standard years Anakin’s elder, they have become men together. Neither can imagine life without the other. The war has forged their two lives into one.” ― Matthew Woodring Stover, Revenge of the Sith
Other Star Wars Quotes
- “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away” — opening title card establishing a precedent for future films, and an iconic phrase
- “Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.” — Princess Leia
- “Mos Eisley spaceport: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec Guinness)
- “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” — Darth Vader (James Earl Jones)
- “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.” — Obi-Wan, demonstrating the art of the Jedi mind trick
- “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” — Han Solo (Harrison Ford)
- “I have a very bad feeling about this.” — Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill)
- “That’s no moon. That’s a space station.” — Obi-Wan
- “I suggest a new strategy, R2: Let the Wookiee win.” — C-3PO (Anthony Daniels)
- “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” — Leia
- “Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?” — Leia
- “May the Force be with you.” — Han, General Dodonna, and others The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- “Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking… Nerf herder!” — Leia
- “Who’s scruffy-looking?” — Han
- “Do… or do not. There is no try” — Yoda (Frank Oz)
- “Never tell me the odds.” — Han
- “You like me because I’m a scoundrel. There aren’t enough scoundrels in your life.” — Han to Leia, just before their first kiss
- “I love you.” — Leia
- “I know.” — Han
- “No, I am your father. Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.” — Darth Vader
- Return of the Jedi (1983)
- “I used to live here, you know.” — Luke, referencing Tatooine
- “You’re gonna die here, you know. Convenient.” — Han
- “It’s a trap!” — Admiral Ackbar (Tim Rose)
- “It’s against my programming to impersonate a deity.” — C-3PO
- “The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And… my sister has it.” — Luke
- “You rebel scum.” — Imperial Officer
- “Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey toward the dark side will be complete.” — The Emperor, a.k.a. Darth Sidious (Ian McDiarmid)
- “You were right about me. Tell your sister… you were right.” — Anakin Skywalker (Sebastian Shaw)
- “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.” — Yoda
- “How wude!” — Jar Jar Binks (Ahmed Best)
- “Begun, the Clone War has.” — Yoda
- “Why do I get the feeling you’re going to be the death of me?” — Obi-Wan (Ewan McGregor) being inadvertently prophetic to Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen)
- “I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere.” — Anakin, to Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman)
- “This party’s over.” — Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson), kicking off an epic fight
- “So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.” — Padme
- “Only a Sith deals in absolutes.” — Obi-Wan
- “Anakin, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!” — Padme
- “You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the force… not leave it in darkness!” — Obi-Wan, facing off against an increasingly dark Anakin
- “Lord Vader… rise.” — Darth Sidious
- “Execute Order 66.” — Darth Sidious, launching a plan to execute all Jedi
- “Do I talk first or you talk first? I talk first?” — Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), being a smart-ass to Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) while under interrogation
- “Chewie… we’re home.” — Han, stepping back on to the Millennium Falcon
- “The Force, the Jedi, all of it. It’s all true.” — Han
- “Luke Skywalker? I thought he was a myth.” — Rey (Daisy Ridley)
- “That’s not how the Force works!” — Han, explaining to Finn (John Boyega) that the Force is more complicated than just calling upon it when needed
- “This is a rebellion, isn’t it? I rebel.” — Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones)
- “I’m one with the Force, and the Force is with me.” — Chirrut Imwe (Donnie Yen)
- “We have hope. Rebellions are built on hope!” — Jyn
- “Page-turners, they are not.” — Yoda on the ancient Jedi texts
- “Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to.” — Kylo Ren
- “Permission to hop in an X-wing and blow something up?” — Poe
- We’re going to win this war not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love!” — Rose Tico (Kelly Marie Tran)
- “Take that ridiculous thing off.” — Snoke (Andy Serkis), referring to Kylo’s helmet
- “We are the spark that’ll light the fire that’ll burn the First Order down.” — Poe
- “I know what you’re gonna say. I changed my hair.” — Leia, joking with Luke
- “You were always scum.” — Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie), confronting her former charge Finn
- “Rebel scum!” — Finn, proudly owning the insult
- “No one’s ever really gone.” — Luke, comforting Leia both about Han and Kylo (formerly Ben Solo)
- “190 years old? You look great!” — Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) meeting Chewbacca
- “I hate you.” — Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover)
“I know.” — Han
- “We’ve passed on all we know. A thousand generations live in you now.” — Luke Skywalker, encouraging Rey
- “Never underestimate a droid.” — Leia
- “You’ve been a real friend, R2. My best one, in fact.” — C-3PO saying a heartfelt goodbye to R2-D2 before heading out on a mission
- “We had each other. That’s how we won.” — Lando Calrissian (Billy Dee Williams)
- “What are you doing there, Threepio?” — Poe
- “Taking one last look, sir. At my friends.” — C-3PO
- “Goodbye, dear princess.” — Maz Kanata (Lupita Nyong’o) saying goodbye to Princess Leia, and Carrie Fisher, for all of us
- “I know what I have to do, but I don’t know if I have the strength to do it.” — Ben Solo
- “You do.” — Han
- “Dad…” — Ben
- “I know.” — Han, completing the “I love you” his son is unable to say
- “And I…am all the Jedi.” — Rey, facing off against the Emperor
- “I’m Rey…Rey Skywalker.” –Rey, choosing her new family name and putting the final word on the Skywalker saga
Other Mental health quotes which you may like
Below are other mental health quotes which may be of interest to you:
|Marie Kondo quotes for an organized life|
|May Quotes and Poems|
|Meant to Be Quotes|
|Memorable Luke Skywalker Quotes|
|Mental health quotes|
The Star Wars Series
Star Wars is a series of science fiction films about outer space, designed by George Lucas.
The first film in the series was broadcast on May 25, 1977 by 20th Century Fox and became a popular culture phenomenon, spread all over the world, followed by two more films, broadcast three years apart.
Sixteen years after the release of the last film in the trilogy, the first film in a new trilogy was released, the action taking place before the first, also three years later, and the last film was released on May 19, 2005.
The order in which you should see the Star Wars series:
- A New Hope (1977)
- The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Return of the Jedi (1983)
- The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Attack of the Clones (2002)
- Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- The Force Awakens (2015)
- Rogue One (2016)
- The Last Jedi (2017)
- Solo (9)
- The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Are you a Star Wars fan? Which of these Star Wars Quotes and Obi-Wan Quotes did you like most? Let us know in the comments section?