In this brief article, we will be discussing mental health care assistant, the work of a mental health care assistant, the purpose of a mental health care assistant, and more information about mental health care assistant.
What is a mental health care assistant?
A mental health care assistant is a professional in the mental health field who are in charge of helping affected patients with mental health complications when they are in need of assistance and recording behaviours that have been displayed by the patient.
This kind of assistant works with other mental health professionals who are treating patients with these kinds of complications.
This kind of assistant works with other medical professionals when physical illnesses can come with the certain mental illness of the affected patient.
This kind of assistant is someone you can trust when you are feeling a bit distressed about your mental illness.
Mental health officers too provide convenient ways of attaining mental health services to those in need.
You should be passionate about your role as this assistant in the field.
You are expected to help people at the highest quality possible which can be an advantage in working in this kind of field.
You are expected to be working under a Qualified Nurse who can guide you on what you need to do when you have to deal with a certain mentally ill patient.
You are expected to have a GCSE standard or equivalent and an NVQ or equivalent would be an advantage in this kind of field.
BACP provides training for these mental health care assistants/psychotherapists, in order to help their client.
Some of the benefits that this kind of assistant can have are the following:
- Career Development across the Healthcare Worker Grading System for this kind of assistant
- Free onsite meals and free onsite parking for this kind of assistant
- Private Medical Cover and Life Assurance for this kind of assistant
- Contributory Pension Scheme for this kind of assistant
- 25 Days annual leave and Bank Holidays for this kind of assistant
- Full Extensive Training Induction plus opportunities to do further training while in the role for this kind of assistant.
Job openings for mental health care assistant
The following are the job openings available for this kind of assistant:
Mental Health Care Assistant
This job opening was made and administered by the Priory Group. The following are details of this assistant such as £17,265 per annum Coventry, West Midlands Permanent, full-time
Woodland View, Showell Lane, Meriden, Coventry, CV7 7HZ
You are expected to bring out high-quality service for the patient with a unique mental illness.
You are also expected to show initiative where you can ask if there are more things that you can help with.
You are expected to have the desire to help these affected patients even if some of them frustrate you. You are expected to be patient to each patient in this workplace.
It is important that you giving quality care to the affected patient. The following are the roles of this assistant in this workplace:
- Assisting qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients in the rehabilitation service.
- Observing and monitoring the well being of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional happenings are promptly referred to senior staff or the primary nurse and documented as necessary in the rehabilitation service.
- Offering specific interventions with patients as delegated by the Nurse in this rehabilitation service.
- Developing and maintaining a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries in the rehabilitation service.
- In addition, because of the nature of the role, you will be required to carry out physical restraining techniques, therefore having a strong bodily approach is essential as this assistant.
The following are the benefits that you can have when you work in this workplace:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays as this assistant
- Extra Service Annual leave awards as this assistant
- Career development which is the progress across the Staff Nurse grading is through as this assistant a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme as this assistant
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance for this assistant
- Personal health insurance for this assistant
- An employee assistance programme for this assistant
- Free meals or refreshments when on duty for this assistant
- Free car parking for this assistant
- Flexible Benefits Packages for this assistant
- Division DBS info for this assistant
This company has been known for its treatment and care for patients with mental illnesses. You can see this company as someone who will make sure that you reach the highest peaks of your professions where you can see more opportunities for your career.
You might have heard that this hospital has been recommended by a lot of general practitioners if the affected patient is showing signs of a complicated mental illness.
Family members won’t regret letting their affected family member stay here for their treatment and rehabilitation.
All roles of this assistant will be subject to a successful disclosure at a necessary level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. This hospital is an equal opportunities employer for each employee
Care Assistant – Mental Health as a mental health care assistant job
This job opening was made and administered by Cygnet Health Care. The following are the details of this job such as a Competitive salary Stevenage, Hertfordshire Permanent, and full-time work.
This job opening is looking for males who are interested in becoming this assistant.
There are some necessary requirements why men are the only ones accepted.
You are expected to work with mentally ill patients and be passionate about work. The following are other roles for these assistants in this job:
- Support service users to complete their everyday living needs with a flexible and diverse approach dependant on individual diagnoses as this assistant.
- Undergo safe observations of patients sometimes on a 1:1 basis or with other staff as this assistant.
- Work within a ward environment, promoting positive guidance and encouragement through a range of support techniques as this assistant.
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in as this assistant.
- Assist service users with their medical and welfare needs and report as obligated for this assistant
- Work within Safeguarding guidelines as this assistant
- Undertake training in de-escalation and PMVA strategies to support patients with potentially violent or aggressive behaviours towards themselves or others as this assistant.
This hospital is looking for innovative methods to help you be the best team player you can be. You are sure to bring yourself to more opportunities when you work in this hospital with this assistant.
There are a lot of job opportunities that are also available in this hospital where you can be part of the medical team in this hospital.
This can only occur when you need to have some experience in this hospital.
This hospital can help you get the work environment that you need by bringing in patients that you can help with as this assistant in this hospital.
You can work overtime if you wish since your desire to help others is willing to do this even if you might have been doing something else at home.
You are free to ask more questions about this job from this hospital to know what you need to do in the workplace.
You can use this work to get you more opportunities in mental health care for you.
There are other job opportunities that you can go through once you become this assistant.
The following are traits that this assistant should have in the workplace:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
The higher pay rate of £9.87ph to £10.32ph is including enhancements and on the basis, of you working both days and nights.
If you do not work both days and nights, the pay rate is £8.79 – £9.19 if you work as this assistant.
In return, this hospital will provide you the following:
- Opportunity for overtime as this assistant
- 2 Days extra annual leave for your birthday and anniversary date as this assistant
- Employee discount scheme such as NHS discounts as this assistant
- Employee assistance programme such as free advice, counselling and support as this assistant
- Paid DBS
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme as this assistant
- Free meals on duty as this assistant
This job is a full-time vacancy and you will be working 38.5 hours a week in this hospital
You can also send your CV to the following email address offered by this hospital to arrange an interview.
If you would like more information or an informal chat, please feel free to get in touch with the onsite Peer Educators Mia or Rebecca on the mentioned email on the website for this job vacancy.
Successful candidates will be obligated to undergo an enhanced DBS check as this assistant.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
In this brief article, we have discussed mental health care assistant, the work of a mental health care assistant, the purpose of a mental health care assistant, and more information about mental health care assistant.
If you have any questions about mental health care assistant, please let us know and the team will gladly answer your queries.
FAQs: mental health care assistant
What is a mental health assistant?
A mental health assistant is someone who records patients’physical condition by taking vital signs and observing behaviour and this kind of assistant also offer patients with everyday tasks such as bathing.
With the help of other medical staff, this kind of assistant organizes social or recreational activities and encourage patient participation.
What jobs are there in mental health?
The jobs in mental health are located in the following such as education, community care, residential care, custodial environments, and substance abuse and rehabilitation.
In order to work in this kind of field, you will need a CRB check and sometimes an NVQ 2 / 3 or equivalent in health and social care.
What is a crisis practitioner?
The crisis practitioner is someone who will offer a service for individuals with complex mental health, physical, and social care needs who present in crisis and who may obligate intensive home treatment or care as an alternative to hospital admission.
This kind of admission may include assessment while on a pass from acute in service user care.
What is a primary care mental health practitioner?
A primary care mental health practitioner is a qualified mental health professional who works with adults aged 18 and over.
This kind of practitioner has qualifications in nursing, occupational therapy, and social work.
Support from this kind of practitioner is typically an excellent starting point to accessing a range of mental health services.
What skills do you need to work in mental health?
The skills that you need to work in mental health are client rapport, compassion, empathy, organization, active listening, information technology savvy, record keeping, strong ethics, healthy professional boundaries, and a desire to help one’s fellow human beings.
NHS Jobs. Mental Healthcare Assistant.
Reed.co.uk. Care Assistant – Mental Health.
Reed.co.uk. Mental Health Care Assistant.