In this brief article, we will be discussing masturbation anxiety, side effects of masturbation anxiety, how to deal with masturbation anxiety, and more information about masturbation anxiety.
What is masturbation anxiety?
Masturbation anxiety is the kind of anxiety that you may experience while you are engaging in masturbation.
This kind of anxiety can occur when someone feels apprehensive about the prospect of engaging in this kind of sexual activity.
One study even discovered that young men have masturbation anxiety when they are frequently masturbating.
There are also cases that this kind of sexual activity is what people rely on to minimize the stress from anxiety.
Masturbation anxiety has been believed that it only happens to people who are severely concerned about their sexual performance.
Some might even use this kind of sexual activity to deal with the complications they have in life which might only make matters worse.
There are also reports that people can even get panic attacks when they engage in this kind of sexual activity.
There are also cases that people who have masturbation anxiety are more likely to feel constant pressure when they are engaging in this kind of sexual activity whether they are alone or in the presence of a partner.
Side effects that might occur after masturbation
Masturbation does not lead to physical side effects in people.
This kind of sexual activity is also not a cause for injury but if you apply too much pressure, it might become a health hazard.
This kind of sexual activity and guilt has not been researched directly.
The negative side effects were only based on the reports by patients who have masturbated to the point of having these kinds of side effects.
The following are the typical side effects of this sexual activity:
- Guilt. Cultural, personal or religious observations or doctrines may affect how you perceive this kind of sexual activity. In some beliefs, this kind of sexual activity is considered bad or immoral. This kind of situation can arouse feelings of guilt.
- Addiction. Some people who engage in this kind of sexual activity regularly report that they find it difficult to stop or minimize their rate. Excessive engagement in this kind of sexual activity can start to affect your mood and your daily sexual functioning.
You can learn more about the causes of an irregular sexual functioning by buying this book on this website.
Advantages of masturbation
This kind of sexual activity has been known to cause masturbation anxiety in some people but some people use this sexual activity to minimize the anxiety they feel.
Although there aren’t enough studies to verify that this kind of sexual activity is effective for self-satisfaction.
However, there are case studies stating that this kind of sexual activity can be good for some people.
The following are the advantages of doing this kind of sexual activity:
- help you calm down
- exert sexual tension
- reduce stress
- enhance your mood
- improve sleep
- assist you in having better sex
- help you feel increasing pleasure
- give you a better comprehension of what you need and want in a physical relationship
- relieve cramps
You can learn more about the advantages of this sexual activity by buying this book on this website.
How can masturbation help with anxiety and depression?
Masturbation can help with anxiety and depression through the experience of having a pinnacle.
This sexual activity can help a lot of people since it has a lot of advantages that come with it.
Dr. Uchenna “UC” Ossai, pelvic health physical therapist and sex educator for LifeStyles Condoms says that this sexual activity is the best self-experiment that you can do to yourself.
You will learn more about your sexuality and your needs in a sexual relationship with a partner.
This sexual activity can also give you some knowledge about how your body works and you are able to know how you are doing in your mental state.
The following are the five common reasons why this sexual activity can help with depression and anxiety.
1. Oxytocin Is Exerted
Dr. Jennifer B. Rhodes, PsyD, founder of Rapport Relationships explains that this sexual activity can help exert dopamine and oxytocin which are pleasurable hormones in the body.
This is because it leads to having a pinnacle which can help you function sexually.
2. This sexual activity Inspires Mindfulness
Mindfulness has been studied to be great for our sexual health and not only advantageous to our daily lives.
This is because this activity can make us feel more aware of the state of our bodies.
Dr. Rhodes says that this sexual activity can arouse this awareness of oneself and when practised regularly, it is enough to make you feel calm for the day.
In this case, the action of feeling more aware through mindfulness exercises can make us feel calm in anywhere we go.
3. This Sexual Activity Helps You Re-attach To Your Body
Dr. Rhodes stated that this sexual activity can be a form of self-love where you can reconnect with the state of your body and feel less guilty about engaging in sexual acts.
This engagement in this sexual activity can help you comprehend your psychological needs that need to be fulfilled in life.
Practising self-love is when you can engage in mindfulness which as mentioned before, this sexual activity can be an activity to achieve this state.
4. This Sexual Activity Teaches You About Your Body
Dr Rhodes states that this sexual activity can help you regain the control that you’ve once lost.
This sexual activity can help you know about your sexual needs and the dislikes you have in the engagement of sexual intercourse.
You might not yet be powerful enough to control your masturbation anxiety, little practices regularly can help you be able to reclaim the power you’ve lost from your body.
You will then realize that those bad things that have happened in your life are only there to pass through.
5. This Sexual Activity Is Empowering
Anxiety and depression may not easily be swayed if you’ve decided to regain back your power through this sexual activity.
However, some regular activities of this form of mindfulness and self-love can help you get motivated to get back your control of your body.
You should also know that you need to engage in this activity almost every day to help you get through the stress that you might feel in your daily routine.
Although some sexual dysfunction can’t be treated easily with self-love routine which you should try to get therapy if you might find that some tips might not be working for you.
You can learn more about the practice of mindfulness by buying this book on this website.
Why do people experience panic attacks when they have masturbation anxiety?
People may experience panic attacks when they have masturbation anxiety due to specific triggers that happened early in life such as sexual assault, trauma, or other influences.
Vanessa Marin who is a sex therapist states that if you have experienced sexual abuse in life then you are more likely to experience these attacks when you are about to engage in this sexual activity.
There is also another factor which is considered as sexual shame which can impact the person’s engagement in this sexual activity.
This can lead to constant pressure when engaging in sexual activities whether they are alone or with an intimate partner.
It is still not directly know how this sexual activity can cause these attacks in affected people and not in other people.
As mentioned before, the manifestations of these attacks may indicate that the person went through sexual shame or other traumatic events that are centred on sexual experiences.
There is also the pressure from you or your partner which can affect how you will engage in this sexual activity.
Sudeepta Varma who is a clinical professor states that delayed discharge can cause social anxiety in affected men.
This can be aroused when you are expecting so much for having a pinnacle where you only find out that you are unable to experience it.
This can lead to sexual frustration on the affected person and this situation may also be the cause of being triggered by past sexual trauma or constant pressure on one’s part to do the best performance in the bedroom.
You can learn more about how to deal with your sexual trauma by buying this book on this website.
How to deal with masturbation anxiety?
You can deal with this kind of anxiety by following the tips below which can help you get over the guilt and shame you feel when you engage in this kind of sexual activity:
- Seek reassurance. A doctor or therapist can affirm for you that this kind of sexual activity is natural, healthy, and typical.
- Get yourself exposed to your fears. Question yourself where the origin of anxiety comes from. This kind of anxiety may be the outcome of religious perspectives. This kind of anxiety might also be an impression you’ve taken from cultural sources. A therapist can help you determine this cause, address it, and terminate it.
- Relax. This kind of sexual activity that leads to anxiety may not be pleasurable. Move beyond this kind of anxiety by experiencing this kind of sexual activity as a fun and healthy activity.
- Make your partner join you. This kind of sexual activity by yourself may be a bridge too far at the beginning. Begin by questioning your partner to introduce this kind of sexual activity as part of foreplay or as part of sexual intercourse. This kind of reassurance may help you feel more comfortable and it may minimize anxiety for when you perform alone.
- Establish deeper comprehension. Being aware that this kind of sexual activity is normal can help you accept it. This kind of behaviour can avoid anxiety and calm down other mental health complications that might occur.
You can learn more about how to make your sexual relationship healthy by buying this book here.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
In this brief article, we have discussed masturbation anxiety, side effects of masturbation anxiety, how to deal with masturbation anxiety, and more information about masturbation anxiety.
If you have any questions about masturbation anxiety, please let us know and the team will gladly answer your queries.
FAQs: masturbation anxiety
Can jacking off relieve stress?
Yes, jacking off can relieve stress. This kind of practice can also help people fall asleep.
This is because this kind of sexual practice can exert endorphins which are the pleasurable hormones that come out of your brain.
Does releasing sperm make you weak?
Yes, releasing sperm can make you weak.
This kind of condition can be an issue if you will associate it with the problem of having sex.
Although most males who have weak pinnacle are more likely to not feel satisfied than those people who have released a strong discharge. It is also a concern if you only release less sperm.
Why does discharge relieve stress?
Discharge relieves stress since this kind of sexual behaviour can make you release oxytocin which will then pass through your bloodstream.
This kind of hormone is known as the love hormone which can minimize stress.
Does masturbating reduce testosterone?
No, masturbating does not reduce testosterone. Although studies have shown that this kind of sexual behaviour can only minimize androgen receptors in the brain which can somewhat be responsible for creating testosterone or not due to other factors.
Why do guys feel bad after discharge?
Guys feel bad after discharge since they will become more sleepy.
This is why this kind of sexual behaviour can cause the men to sleep due to the experience of having a pinnacle, although this is typically the fault of prolactin which is a hormone that can be released after having a pinnacle.
What we recommend for curbing Anxiety
Below are some of the services and products we recommend for anxiety
- Anxiety Weighted Blankets are by far the number 1 thing every person who suffers from anxiety should at least try. Anxiety Blankets may improve your sleep, allow you to fall asleep faster and you can even carry them around when chilling at home.
- Online therapy is another thing we should all try. We highly recommend Online therapy with a provider who not only provides therapy but a complete mental health toolbox to help your wellness.
- With over 50,000 participants, this anxiety course may be just what you need to regain control of your life.
- Amber light therapy from Amber lights could increase the melatonin production in your body and help you sleep better at night. An Amber light lamp helps reduce the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep and increases overall sleep quality.
Allure. Why Some People Get Panic Attacks When They Masturbate.
Bustle. 5 Ways Masturbating Can Help With Anxiety And Depression, According To An Expert.
Healthline. Does Masturbation Cause or Treat Anxiety?.