Life Changes Group Treatment Centre (A review)
In this article, we will present to you the mission of the Life Changes Group treatment centre. We also gathered therapeutic resources from the Life Changes Group, that will help you understand better any mental issue.
What is the mission of the Life Changes Group Treatment Centre?
Situated in Cambridge, Somerville, Brookline, and Newton, MA, Life Changes Group is Greater Boston’s head social medicinal services practice with an expansive scope of centralized and personalized therapeutic services. The Life Changes Groups is formed of counselling, psychopharmacology, and consulting group devoted to giving the best quality of mental assessment for kids, young people, adults, and seniors.
Their well trained and experienced group of specialists offers proof-based practices for the treatment of mental disease, neurocognitive assessment, educational testing, medication management, and group psychotherapy. Their group centres around the incorporation of treatment, training, coordinated effort, and association to support people, couples, and families arrive at their objectives and improve the nature of their lives.
Life Changes Group therapists have a broad experience in the treatment of anxiety issues, including Social Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, Specific Phobia (e.g., the fear of flying), and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Likewise, they offer treatment for mood disorders, including Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Dysthymia, and Substance-Induced Mood Disorders. Life Changes Group is Greater Boston’s driving practice for the treatment of psychological well-being issues with a full-administration group of medical caretaker experts, therapists, analysts, specialists, group counsellors, and couples therapist.
The focus at the Life Changes Group is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and they are one of the few well-being centres that offer immediate, guided, and community-oriented CBT support.
You can also seek help from other centers such as the Focus counselling in Hull.
The Life Changes Group Team
Life Changes Group enlists the best clinicians from around the world, to provide consultation, assessment, and psychiatric services. The entirety of their employees have been prepared at APA-affirmed doctoral projects and are actively involved in teaching, research, and publication.
Clinicians at the Life Changes Group specialize in:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Anger Management
- Attention Disorders (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Career Counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- College Counseling
- Couples and Family Counseling
- Depression and Mood Disorders
- Divorce and Separation
- Emotional Testing
- Group Psychotherapy
- Learning Disabilities
- LGBTQ Issues
- Living with Chronic Illness
- Medication Management
- Neurocognitive Testing
- Panic and Anxiety Disorders
- Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Telehealth (Counseling and Prescriptions).
Therapeutic Resources from The Life Changes Group
Abuse, Loss, or Trauma (PTSD)
- Alternatives to Vulnerabilities – SUNY Buffalo
- Date Rape Prevention – SUNY Buffalo
- Healing from Sexual Assault – U. Texas
- Coping with a Sudden Terrible Event – American University
- Life after Loss – U. of Texas
- Grief and Loss – University of Illinois
- 101 Ways to Help our Daughter Love Her Body
- Attention Girls: A Guide to Learn all about your AD/HD by Patricia O. Quinn, M.D.
- No: Why Kids of all ages need to hear it and ways parents can say it by David Walsh
- Why do they act that way? A survival guide to the teenage brain. by David Walsh
- Too Much of a Good Thing: Raising Children of Character in an Indulgent Age by Dan Kindlon
- The Curse of the Good Girl: Raising Authentic Girls with Courage and Confidence by Rachel Simmons
- https://psychcentral.com/addquiz.htm (questionnaire to help adults determine if they should see a mental health professional about AD/HD)
- https://www.add.org/ (Attention Deficit Disorder Association, the World’s Leading Adult AD/HD Organization)
- https://www.add.org/pdf/who_screening.pdf (ADDA’s screening questionnaire to help determine if adults should see a mental health professional about the possibility of having AD/DH)
- Attention Deficit Disorder – University of South Florida Lakeland
- Controlling Anger – American Psychological Association
- When is Anger a Problem? – George Washington University
- https://www.adaa.org/ (Anxiety Disorders Association of America)
- https://www.adaa.org/Anxiety&RelatedDisorders/index.asp (ADAA on Anxiety and Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Alcohol Abuse, Eating Disorders and Sleep Disorders)
- https://apahelpcenter.org/articles/article.php?id=46 (APA: Anxiety Disorders and the Role of Psychotherapy)
Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- What You Don ‘t Know About Drugs and Alcohol Can Hurt You – Brooklyn College
Attention Deficit Disorders
- https://www.help4adhd.org/ (National Resource Center on AD/HD)
- https://www.add.org/index.html (Attention Deficit Disorder Association, the World’s Leading Adult AD/HD Organization)
- https://www.chadd.org/ (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
- https://www.chadd.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Understanding (CHADD – understanding AD/HD: causes, symptoms, evaluation, treatment, etc.)
- https://www.bipolar.com/ (Support and information about bipolar disorder brought to you by GlaxoSmithKline)
- https://www.adaa.org/GettingHelp/MFarchives/MonthlyFeatures(february07).asp (Anxiety Disorders Association of America: Coping with Anxiety and Bipolar Disorder)
- A Parent’s Guide to Building Resilience in Children Kenneth Ginsberg, MD
- Building Resilience in Children and Teens: Giving Kids Roots and Wings Kenneth Ginsberg, MD
- Understanding Myself: A Kid’s Guide to Intense Emotions and Strong Feelings Mary C. Lamia
- In A Different Voice: Psychological Theory and Women’s DevelopmentCarol Gilligan
- The Mindful Child: How to Help Your Kid Manage Stress and Become Happier, Kinder, and More Compassionate Susan Kaiser Greenland
- Understanding the Gifted Adolescent: Educational, Developmental, and Multicultural Issues Marlene Bireley and Judy Genshaft
- Living with Intensity: Understanding the Sensitivity, Excitability, and the Emotional Development of Gifted Children, Adolescents, and Adults Susan Daniels and Michael Piechowski
- https://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/ (Clinical-Depression.co.uk is published by Uncommon Knowledge LLP, a UK-based company dedicated to spreading reliable, helpful, and easy-to-absorb information to the most common psychological difficulties faced today and mental health in general. They are a team of therapists, psychologists and trainers who provide professional psychotherapy and self-improvement course, etc.)
- https://www.adaa.org/GettingHelp/MFarchives/MonthlyFeatures(September.asp (Anxiety Disorders Association of American: Anxiety and Depression)
- Coping with Depression – SUNY at Buffalo
- Depression: What Is It? What to do About It? – University of Texas at Austin
- The Issue of Suicide – University of Texas at Austin
- https://clinical.diabetesjournals.org/content/22/3/129.full (Integration of Clinical Psychological in the Comprehensive Diabetes Care Team – Clinical Diabetes)
- https://mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/publications/allpubs/ken98-0047/default.asp (National Mental Health Information Center on Eating Disorders, including who had eating disorders, symptoms, medical problems as a result of eating disorders, formal diagnosis, treatment, etc.)
- https://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=By_Illness&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=7409 (National Alliance on Mental Illness Anorexia Fact Sheet)
- https://www.adaa.org/GettingHelp/MFarchives/MonthlyFeatures(may07).asp (Anxiety Disorders Association of American: Anxiety and Eating Disorders)
- Is Food a Problem? – University of Texas at Austin
- Maybe I Have an Eating Problem – University of Illinois
- Self Assessment – Harvard
- https://www.ncld.org/ (National Center for Learning Disabilities)
LGBT Community Support
- Answers to Your Questions about Gender Orientation, Transgender, Transsexuality and Intersexuality – Virginia Commonwealth University
- What Are Your Beliefs About Gays and Lesbians? – SUNY at Buffalo
- Where Do You Go From Here? – SUNY at Buffalo
- The Velvet Rage: Overcoming the Pain of Growing Up Gay in a Straight Man’s World, by Alan Downs
- https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/index.html (Center for Disease Control and Prevention on Obesity and Overweight: defining overweight and obesity, causes and consequences, data and statistics, childhood overweight and obesity, state-based programs, resources, etc.)
- https://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1200014 (American Heart Association on Managing your weight)
- https://www.ocfoundation.org/UserFiles/File/OCD_Pamphlet_English.pdf (OCD Foundation: OCD Fact Sheet)
- https://www.apa.org/topics/anxietyqanda.html (American Psychological Association: Answers to Questions About Panic Disorder)
- The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook, 4th Edition by Edmund J. Bourne PhDPh.D.
- The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Anxiety: A Step-by-Step Program by Bill Knaus Ed.D. and Jon Carlson Psy.D. Ed.D.
- When Panic Attacks: The New, Drug-Free Anxiety Therapy That Can Change Your Life by David D. Burns
- A Life Less Anxious: Freedom from panic attacks and social anxiety without drugs or therapy by Steve Pavilanis and Patricia Alma Lee
- The Anxious Brain: The Neurobiological Basis of Anxiety Disorders and How to Effectively Treat Them by Steven M. Prinz and Margaret Wehrenberg
- Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook: Proven, Step-by-Step Techniques for Overcoming your Fear
- OCD: A Guide for the Newly Diagnosed (The New Harbinger Books for the Newly Diagnosed Series) by Michael Tompkins
- https://www.selectivemutism.org/faq (Selective Mutism Group: FAQ about SM)
- https://www.selectivemutismfoundation.org/about.shtml (Selective Mutism Foundation: About Selective Mutism)
- https://www.adaa.org/GettingHelp/FocusOn/Sleep.asp (Anxiety Disorders Association of America: Anxiety and Sleep)
- https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/99-101/ (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health: Stress in the Workplace)
- https://www.drugabuse.gov/StressAlert/StressAlert.html (NIDA Stress and Substance Abuse)
- https://appliedsportpsych.org/Resource-Center/health-and-fitness/articles/stressmanagement (Association for Applied Sports Psychology: Stress Management Tips for Good Health)
- Coping with Stress – University of Iowa
- Managing Stress – the University of Texas at Austin
- 3 Minute Meditation
- 9 Minute Meditation
- 10 Minute Meditation
- https://www.trich.org/index.html (Trichotillomania Learning Center)
- https://www.add.org/articles/index.html#women (Adult ADD, ADHD, AD/HD Article Index for women from the Attention Deficit Disorder Association)
- https://www.ncgiadd.org/ (A Resource for Women and Girls with AD/HD)
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
What we recommend for Counselling
If you are suffering from depression or any other mental disorders then ongoing professional counselling could be your ideal first point of call. Counselling will utilize theories such as Cognitive behavioural therapy which will help you live a more fulfilling life.
The Life Changes Group Contact Details
Address: 875 Massachusetts Ave #84, Cambridge, MA 02139, Statele Unite ale Americii
Telefon number: +1 617-354-4450
Schedule an appointment: lifechangesgroup.com
Group therapy discussion questions are what really play a role in making the group discussion effective.
Life Changes Group – Resources
The Life Changes Group – About Us
Recommended Rehabs – Life Changes Group
Find Hope and Healing Through Online Counseling on BetterHelp
At some point in our lives, we all face challenges that can feel overwhelming and difficult to overcome.
BetterHelp offers accessible, affordable, and confidential online counselling that can provide you with the support and guidance you need to navigate life’s ups and downs. Our licensed therapists specialize in a variety of areas, including depression, anxiety, relationships, and more, and can provide you with personalized therapy that fits your unique needs and circumstances.
Don’t struggle alone – sign up for BetterHelp today and start your journey towards healing and growth with the help of a compassionate and experienced therapist.