In this brief article, we will be discussing level 5 counselling, the topics covered in level 5 counselling, benefits of taking the level 5 counselling course, and more information about level 5 counselling.
What is the level 5 counselling?
The level 5 counselling course is a kind of counselling course that can lead you to progress in your counselling education and some companies who offer this counselling course will have this counselling course accredited by the CPCAB.
This kind of counselling course can lead you to work in a counselling career whether you are specialised or not.
This kind of counselling course is the last step in reaching the higher counselling course.
With this kind of counselling course, you will be able to learn the following with most schools who will be offering this counselling course:
- Have a comprehension of parts of the psychodynamic and systemic theory or model and human sexuality associated with relationships.
- Have established extra counselling skills for working with relationship concerns in the counselling practice
- Be certified to work as a relationships counsellor with organisations who need this kind of counselling service such as Relate.
The modules tackled by this kind of counselling course are the following:
- Systemic and psychodynamic concepts associated with different kinds of counselling.
- Human sexuality
- Ethical practice in an organisational setting for counsellors
- Awareness of domestic abuse in clients
- Mental health concerns
- The effect of childhood trauma.
Like all counselling courses, all students should be complying with the ethical frameworks needed to be followed in the counselling practice.
Different kinds of level 5 counselling courses
The following counselling courses are what comprised this general area of counselling courses and most of these counselling courses are specialised:
Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
This counselling course can only be accessed once you have finished the psychotherapeutic counselling.
Students who will be studying this counselling course will become knowledgeable about psychotherapeutic counselling.
This counselling course is for students who like to create a model for their private psychotherapeutic practice.
This counselling course will also help the student land in a membership in a professional body such as BACP, BPS, and UKCP.
You can learn more about this counselling practice in qualified counsellors by buying this book on this website.
Level 5 Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People in Schools
This counselling course tackles the following:
- Establishing skills and knowledge to work safely and ethically as a child counsellor in institutional settings
- Shadowing a mental health professional and monitoring a range of activities related to a school counsellor and supervisor role such as parent work, multi-agency work, assessment and formulation, safeguarding, diversity and ethical practice
- Learning and using child and adolescent development and a systemic method.
This counselling course can help you do the following:
- Integrate the learning from Level 4 Certificate Counselling Course
- Build their understanding and skills for supporting children’s mental health from a systemic view
Organisation of this counselling course:
- 50 hours of counselling practice through a supervised and evaluated placement in a school
- Nine days of specialist training which is equivalent to 60 hours
- Three essays which are a case study with 2,500 words, working as a counsellor in the school system with 2,500 words, and a case review with 3,000 words
- Extra reading assignments, placement review, placement activities checklist and an ongoing reflective journal.
Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (RQF)
This counselling course will also be assessed through assignments, case studies, and counselling placements.
The online learning platform will be where the students will pass their assignments and case studies.
Students have a year access in this counselling course where they can study at their own pace.
Studies who will study this counselling course will learn about the following:
- Person-centred models to counselling
- Counselling for grief and loss for counsellors
- Counselling clients who have gone through abuse
- Relationship counselling
- Counselling skills, development and counselling practice
- Comparative models and methods in counselling
- Continuing personal development in counselling for counsellors
- Human development associated with counselling
- Client work in therapeutic counselling
The students will also tackle the following features in this counselling course:
- Unrestricted tutor support – You will get live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your counselling course. Your highly-qualified and experienced tutor will be accessible from Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm through email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response in the counselling practice – Submissions of assignments are marked within 3 working days to make sure that you progress through your counselling course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines for assignments submitted for this counselling course – some schools do not force any deadlines on these counselling courses where you can finish the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the counselling course.
- Accredited certification for counselling – You will get your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from the authorized awarding body at no additional cost
- Observations – You will also have availability to one of the observers who can come out to your area at no additional cost. This means that the practical parts of your counselling course can be finished and you don’t have to be concerned about extra payments
Some schools who provide this kind of counselling course can get certification for their counselling course.
Some counselling courses would have this counselling course accredited in the certification of an awarding body.
The awarding body organisation having this counselling course has book products that are used by all students around the world.
The mission of taking this counselling course is to learn more about counselling and practice the counselling practice.
The initial payment for this counselling course is £499.99 obligated upon enrollment.
This should then be paid fully for the completion of this counselling course for £500.00 in the 30 days into the counselling course.
You can learn more about what goes on in this counselling course by buying this book on this website.
Topics covered in the level 5 counselling course
This kind of counselling course will be held in 5 days with two to three consecutive learning blocks.
This kind of counselling course should be attended to in the first 5 days.
- Unit 1. Beginning to work with clients (introducing the counselling practice.)
Topics in this kind of unit include the following (management of the therapeutic relationship, cultural context, research on practice with clients, personal and professional models.)
- Unit 2. (Exploring and understanding work with clients: starting the counselling practice.)
Topics in this kind of unit are the following (exploring skills in couple work, discovering the self as the counsellor, the use of supervision in couple work, managing ethical concerns and boundaries.)
- Unit 3. Integrating and critically evaluating work with clients (developing the counselling practice.)
Topics in this kind of unit include the following: integrating theory and skills, relationships and affairs, divorce or separation, re-formed families, mental health, assessing own practice.
How to register for the level 5 counselling course?
You can register for this kind of counselling course by downloading the application on the website that offers this counselling course and completing the information needed in this kind of form.
If the website wants some certifications needed to get this kind of counselling course, you need to submit the necessary documents.
You need to make sure that you have filled up your information fully. You will be addressed to immediately if your application was accepted.
You can make sure that your documents for this kind of counselling course will remain sealed by buying this envelope set on this website.
Eligibility requirements to get in the level 5 counselling course
The following are the eligibility requirements needed for this counselling course:
- Be in the ages between 19 or over.
- Have finished the level 4 Introduction to Counselling course or a similar course with evidence of 30 supervised clinical hours.
- Have access to a mental health centre for your clinical counselling placement as a supervision requirement
- All successful participants will be obligated to have the necessary DBS (Disclosure Barring Agency) checks as requested by the mental health centre assigned to them in the counselling placement
All students who are going to enter this counselling course should be proficient in IT skills and word processing skills as well. This can help in getting you to this counselling course and you also need a stable internet connection as well.
Assessment in the level 5 counselling course
The assessment for this kind of counselling course will be made through the observation of the counsellor who is supervising and your successful completion of assignments.
This kind of counselling course will be grading your assignments in either a pass or fail format.
These kinds of assignments will help the instructors of the counselling course find out how much you have learned throughout this kind of counselling course.
These kinds of assignments will also allow you to do the following:
- Get indulged in learning activities or processes commensurate with the academic level of the counselling course
- Get indulged in personal evaluation of your own progress applying critical reflection on your learning, applying feedback from peers, supervisors and tutors.
- Assume responsibility for your own learning in this kind of counselling course.
This assessment in this kind of counselling course will be divided by the following:
1. ( An instructor-marked or observed practice skills assessment and evaluation.)
2. (A written reflexive essay with 1500 words.)
3. (A written critique of seminar papers which must contain 3 x 750-2250 words.)
4. ( A written reflexive commentary with 2000 words.)
5. ( Submission of a portfolio from your supervisory practice.)
The assignment given to you will be graded according to the standards of the accreditation for counselling. You might also be obliged to take psychology courses that tackle Domestic Violence or Abuse Awareness and Safety and Child Protection and Safeguarding, Mental Health and Suicide Risk Assessment.
You will also be assigned with a counselling placement in the assigned mental health centre.
You are made sure that you follow the requirement of having at least 70 to 100 hours of supervisory practice.
You can also learn how to do well in your counselling placement practice by buying this book on this website.
Course fees for level 5 counselling
This kind of counselling course costs £2,200 in full total. You can also pay for this kind of counselling course in instalments if you are not prepared to pay the whole course.
This kind of pay is essential since you will be getting materials to learn the topics in this kind of counselling course.
You may have these kinds of expenses according to your personal situation.
You may also have some necessary study materials that you might need in the duration of this counselling course.
These kinds of expenses include the following:
- Application on the Practitioner Director which costs £50 and this is non-refundable.
- Travel and accommodation expenses where it is instructed that you do not book these until counselling course dates are confirmed.
- Buying books or resources and other study materials
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Certificate needed for this kind of counselling course
Expenses terms and conditions
All the expenses needed in this kind of counselling course should be paid in full.
The failure of paying the expenses will lead to an exclusion of this counselling course.
i. If you withdraw within two weeks of beginning the first block, you are responsible to pay 25% of the total counselling course costs.
ii. ( If you withdraw within four months of beginning the first block, you are responsible to pay 50% of the total counselling course expenses.)
iii. (If you withdraw within seven months of beginning the first block, you are responsible to pay 75% of the total counselling course costs.)
iv. ( If you withdraw any time after seven months of beginning the first block, you are responsible to pay 100% of the total counselling course costs.)
This kind of expense is considered non-refundable.
Advantages of taking the level 5 counselling course
The following are the advantages of taking this kind of counselling course:
- Become recognised and authorised as a registered counsellor and achieve a Professional Diploma (Prof.Dip Psy C)
- Counselling course completely Accredited by the National Counselling Society
- Be a member of the M.N.C.S. (Acc) with many membership advantages including eligibility to become a member of the Royal Society for Public Health
- Meets the eligibility requirements for the Society’s Accredited Register for Counsellors authorised by the Professional Standards Authority
- Registered successful applicants will get an RQF Level 5 Diploma from AIM Awards
- A clear and quick upgrade route to Level 6 or Higher Education qualifications on passing this kind of counselling course
You can learn more about how to become a doctor in psychology by buying this book here.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
In this brief article, we have discussed level 5 counselling, the topics covered in level 5 counselling, benefits of taking the level 5 counselling course, and more information about level 5 counselling.
If you have any questions about level 5 counselling, please let us know and the team will gladly answer your queries.
FAQs: level 5 counselling
What is a CACHE Level 3 equivalent to?
A CACHE Level 3 equivalent to the childcare and education qualification.
This kind of counselling course emphasizes on vocational background and is brought back by classroom teaching.
This kind of counselling course has a counselling placement and college-based study.
What is a NVQ level as a qualification course 4 equivalent to?
A NVQ level 4 equivalent to a Higher National Certificate (HNC).
This kind of qualification is also available in the Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Level 5.
These kinds of qualifications also have their qualifications that are equivalent to these kinds of qualifications.
What is a level 3 childcare qualification equivalent to?
The Level 3 childcare qualification course is equivalent to the Technical Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) as a qualification course.
This kind of diploma can make students have the knowledge and the experience which will have them capable to work with children from birth to 5 years in their designated caring professions.
Is a Level 3 Diploma equivalent to 3 A Levels as courses?
Yes, the Level 3 Diploma equivalent to 3 A Levels as indicated as qualification courses.
In order to this kind of diploma, you will need to go through these kinds of levels.
Universities consider this kind of diploma to be equivalent to these kinds of levels to get the credibility you need if you have achieved a certificate in this course.
Is NVQ Level 5 equivalent to a degree in qualification courses?
The NVQ Level 5 equivalent to a Higher Education Diploma or Foundation Degree.
This kind of stage course can only be accessed once you have gone through the other equivalent courses such as the NVQ Level 1 to the NVQ Level 4.
Buckinghamshire College Group. Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
Place2Be. Level 5 Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People in Schools.
Reed.co.uk. Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (RQF).
Relate. Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling.