June – the sixth month of the calendar
June is the sixth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar and one of the four Gregorian months lasting 30 days.
From an astrological point of view, June begins with the sun in the sign of Gemini and ends in the sign of Cancer.
From an astronomical point of view, June begins with the sun in the constellation of Taurus and ends with the sun in the constellation of Gemini.
The name of June comes from Latin: Iunius, from the goddess Iuno, wife of Jupiter and protector of married women.
Thus, it is said that June is favorable for weddings because, during this period, the strongest marriages will be tied.
The Greeks called June Skirophorion.
The most important astronomical phenomenon that takes place this month is the summer solstice (June 21), when the sun reaches its highest boreal decline, with the longest day of the year, June being the month with the strongest insolation.
Side Note: I grew this blog to over 500,000 monthly pageviews and it now finances our charitable missions. If you are looking to start a blog as a source of income or to help your community then view our how to start a blog guide.
15 June Quotes
- “How did it get so late so soon?” ― Dr. Seuss
- “He is beautiful, inside and out.
He is the silver lining in a world of darkness.
He is my light.” ― Marie Lu
- “Then Day reaches out and touches my hand with his. He encloses it in a handshake. And just like that, I am linked with him again, I feel the pulse of our bond and his- tory and love through our hands, like a wave of magic, the return of a long-lost friend. Of something meant to be. The feeling brings tears to my eyes. Perhaps we can take a step forward together.”
- “Hi,” he says. “I’m Daniel.”
“Hi,” I reply. “I’m June.” ― Marie Lu, Champion
- “Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don’t last forever, you know. But I’ll fight as hard as I can. I can promise you that.” ― Marie Lu, Champion
- “What a joke! Poor little rich girl’s fallen in love with the Republic’s most famous criminal.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “I’ve been searching a long time for something I think I lost.
I felt like I found something when I saw you back there.” ― Marie Lu, Champion
- “You’re brilliant,”he says.”But you’re a fool to stay with someone like me.”
I close my eyes at the touch of his hand.”Then we are both fools.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.” ― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
- “You should have taken me with you,” I whisper to him. Then I lean my head against his and begin to cry. In my mind, I make a silent promise to my brother’s killer.
I will hunt you down. I will scour the streets of Los Angeles for you. Search every street in the Republic if I have to. I will trick you and deceive you, lie, cheat and steal to find you, tempt you out of your hiding place, and chase you until you have nowhere else to run. I make you this promise: your life is mine.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “June has never looked more beautiful than she does now, unadorned and honest, vulnerable yet invincible.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “Hi,” he says. “I’m Daniel.”
“Hi,” I reply. “I’m June.” ― Marie Lu, Champion
- “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” ― Maud Hart Lovelace, Betsy-Tacy and Tib
- “Day, the boy from the streets with nothing except the clothes on his back and the earnestness in his eyes, owns my heart. He is beautiful, inside and out. He is the silver lining in a world of darkness. He is my light.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “We can heal. Perhaps we can return to that same place we once stood, when we were both young and innocent.” ― Marie Lu, Champion
25 June Quotes
- “Now, as we stand three feet apart and stare at each other, I feel the full distance that comes with spending so much time apart, a moment filled with the electricity of a first meeting and the uncertainty of strangers.” ― Marie Lu, Champion
- “John glances at me. “We’re not going to make it.” Between us, Day has faded into a semiconscious state. If the brothers continue on and I run back to fight the soldiers, I’ll probably only take down a few before they overwhelm me. They’ll still reach John and Day.
John stops walking, and I feel Day’s weight shift over to me. “What—” I begin to say, until I see John pull the blindfold off of Day’s neck. Then he turns around. My eyes widen. I know what he’s going to do. “No, stay with us!”
“You need more time,” John says. “They want an execution? They’ll get one.” He starts running away from us. Back down the hall.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “We can’t possibly have a summer love. So many people have tried that the name’s become proverbial. Summer is only the unfulfilled promise of spring, a charlatan in place of the warm balmy nights I dream of in April. It’s a sad season of life without growth…It has no day.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise
- “June cackled with delight, muttering, “Whoops!” as a car almost killed them.” ― Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
- “He loved you.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “i have laughed
more than daffodils
and cried more than June.” ― Sanober Khan
- “Lots of people go mad in January. Not as many as in May, of course. Nor June. But January is your third most common month for madness.” ― Karen Joy Fowler, Sarah Canary
- “I turn even more flustered when I remember that I have actually pistol-whipped him in the face before. Romantic.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “That day was the beginning of my friendship with Sebastian, and thus it came about, that morning in June, that I was lying beside him in the shade of the high elms watching the smoke from his lips drift up into the branches.” ― Evelyn Waugh, Brideshead Revisited
- “June suns, you cannot store them
To warm the winter’s cold,
The lad that hopes for heaven
Shall fill his mouth with mould.” ― A.E. Housman, More Poems
- “Summer has no day,’ she said. ‘We can’t possibly have a summer love. So many people have tried that the name’s become proverbial. Summer is only the unfulfilled promise of spring, a charlatan in place of the warm balmy nights I dream of in April. It’s a sad season of life without growth…it has no day.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise
- “I’ve looked over my shoulder for a decade,’ I whisper, ‘wondering what it was that was missing in my life. Turns out, all this time, it was you.” ― Marie Lu, Rebel
- “I had a chat with May and I had a sweet talk with April but the lovely conversation that left me to ponder was the long talk I had with June. Mathematics came to tell me that May is 3, June is 4 and April is 5.
‘ This should have been the counting order’ Mathematics said to me, and added, if you add 3 and 5 you shall surely get 8 and if you find the middle of 8 you will get 4 which is June.
Ask June why the disorder! So I quickly called June and asked, why have you changed the order?
June said, ‘my brother, in this era, you should least give men things which are in order.
Let them ponder and put things in order and they will learn something better’.
I had to ponder and wonder.
Then June added, those who will ponder to know why I have change the order to be at the mid of the other shall get to the mid of the other and wonder why they are at the mid of the other and end the other in wonder but, those who would never see why they must ponder when they get to the mid of the other to know why I am there shall end the other in disorder.
They shall end the other and wander in the end!
I was quick to ask June, which other? June calmly said, the twelve disciples of the year.
Disciples’? I asked. June quickly said, I mean months! In your journey of life, take a break as you journey and ponder over the journey; June concluded!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- “There are two seasons in Scotland: June and Winter” ― Billy Connolly
- “the faucet of
June that rings
the triangle of the air” ― William Carlos Williams
- “We spent June and July in the Rockies, growing stronger, feeling feral in the untamed range of mountains.” ― Aspen Matis
- “Today has been a day dropped out of June into April.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Windy Poplars
- “At midnight, in the month of June, I stand beneath the mystic moon.” ― Edgar Allan Poe
- “I’ve never thought of describing her beauty as delicate, because delicate just isn’t a word that fits June… but here, now that she’s sick, I realize just how fragile she can be.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “June will break your heart. I can see it already. She’ll shatter you into a million pieces.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “Someone’s going to be very pleased to see you.”
“I don’t think the Elector will be as excited as you think.”
“I wasn’t talking about the Elector.”
My heart jumps at that.” ― Marie Lu
- “One body doesn’t draw much notice. The trouble is when they start adding up.” ― V.E. Schwab, Vengeful
- “In June we picked the clover,
And sea-shells in July:
There was no silence at the door,
No word from the sky.
A hand came out of August
And flicked his life away:
We had not time to bargain, mope,
Moralize, or pray.” ― Cecil Day-Lewis, Overtures to Death and Other Poems
- “I really miss him. I miss him so much. And I’m so sorry. I am so sorry for everything.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “Stay safe. I want to see you again when all this is done.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
35 June Quotes
- “He’s right. I can’t deny it. I am the reason Day lost everything that matters to him.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “I’m not loyal enough to the Republic to stamp that loyalty right on my face. Leave that to June.” ― Marie Lu, Champion
- “I walked back to the front of the bakery to see a knot of people stalking our display for June. Apricot and lavender might seem like an unusual pairing, but it made perfect sense to me. Luscious, sweet apricots taste best when they’re baked and the flavor is concentrated. On the other hand, lavender likes it cool; the buds have a floral, almost astringent flavor. Lavender was a line drawing that I filled in with brushstrokes of lush apricot.” ― Judith Fertig, The Memory of Lemon
- “Is it birthday weather for you, dear soul?
Is it fine your way,
With tall moon-daisies alight, and the mole
Busy, and elegant hares at play
By meadow paths where once you would stroll
In the flush of day?” ― Cecil Day-Lewis
- “Day, the boy from the streets with nothing except the clothes on his back and the earnestness in his eyes, owns my heart.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “I lean my head against my knee and close my eyes. Even the illusion of June is enough to send a stabbing pain through my chest. Hell. I miss her so much.” ― Marie Lu
- “I’d gotten someone killed.
The price people seem to pay for crossing my path.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “This is the smell of June, she wanted to write to Christopher… honeysuckle, green hay, wet linen hung out to dry…” ― Lisa Kleypas, Love in the Afternoon
- “You led the soldiers right to my family’s door. You’re the reason they’re dead.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “(June had drawn out every leaf on the trees. The mothers of Pimlico gave suck to their young. Messages were passing from the Fleet to the Admiralty. Arlington Street and Piccadilly seemed to chafe the very air in the Park and lift its leaves hotly, brilliantly, on waves of that divine vitality which Clarissa loved. To dance, to ride, she had adored all that.)” ― Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dalloway
- “I’m so sorry. I am so sorry for everything.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “I certainly don’t understand all these strange new feelings inside me–am I here because I love him, or because I owe him?” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “You are not your father,” I say, holding his gaze with my own. “You’re Anded. You don’t have to follow in his footsteps; you have your own. You’re the Elector now. You don’t have to be like him.” ― Marie Lu, Champion
- “I don’t care about being happy. Only about being the best.” ― Sona Charaipotra, Tiny Pretty Things
- “If you could not do much in the month of April with five letters, think of what really you can do with the month of May with three letters before you open the door of the month of June with four letters. Which is the break time for the entire twelve months of the year. Until you clearly understand how you are spending the year, you shall finish spending it and ponder over how you spent it, year after year! No one is absolutely free from excuses and the challenges of life. You just have to do something great with each day in the year!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- “It’s you,” he whispers. There is wonder in his voice.
“Is it?” I whisper back, my voice trembling with all the emotions I’ve kept hidden for so long” ― Marie Lu, Champion
- “It means, Day, that you’re dying.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “June would always be Charlotte’s favorite month on Quinnipeague. She loved the frothy roil of the sea as it recovered from a day of rain, and in those early mornings, before the fog lifted and sun warmed the island, there was nothing, nothing better than a wood fire, wool socks, and hot chocolate made from scratch.” ― Barbara Delinsky, Sweet Salt Air
- “End the first half with vigor; start the second with tenacity, and stay focused to the very end!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- “The Republic’s most wanted criminal is just a boy, sitting before me, suddenly vulnerable, laying all his weaknesses out for me to see.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
- “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” ― L. M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island
- “He took my hand and held it against his chest, “Feel that? It beats for you.” ― Karli Perrin, April Showers
- “What a strange thing it is to wake up to a milk-white overcast June morning! The sun is hidden by a thick cotton blanket of clouds, and the air is vapor-filled and hazy with a concentration of blooming scent.
The world is somnolent and cool, in a temporary reprieve from the normal heat and radiance.
But the sensation of illusion is strong. Because the sun can break through the clouds at any moment . . .
What a soft thoughtful time.
In this illusory gloom, like a night-blooming flower, let your imagination bloom in a riot of color.” ― Vera Nazarian
- “What’s the point of keeping in touch with the girl you’re crazy about, when you’re dying?” ― Marie Lu, Champion
- “At this moment, all I’m thinking about is what I’d give up for the chance to kiss her or to run my fingers through her dark hair.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “Her sadness makes her impossibly beautiful, like snow blanketing a barren landscape.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “Someday I’ll see him again, and we’ll tell our stories to each other…but for now, I lock him safely away, in a place where I can draw on his strength.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “She’s pretty in a way that distracts me just like she did in the Skiz ring. No, pretty isn’t the right word. Beautiful.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “The secret island had looked mysterious enough on the night they had seen it before – but now, swimming in the hot June haze, it seemed more enchanting than ever. As they drew near to it, and saw the willow trees that bent over the water-edge and heard the sharp call of moorhens that scuttled off, the children gazed in delight. Nothing but trees and birds and little wild animals. Oh, what a secret island, all for their very own, to live on and play on.” ― Enid Blyton, The Secret Island
- “In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different.” ― John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent
- “Please promise to take the very best care of my only girl. With so much love my heart might split in two…” ― Carol Rifka Brunt, Tell the Wolves I’m Home
- “But every now and then, when I steal a glance at the Girl, or feel her eyes on me, I helplessly drift back to thinking about her.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “I’m supposed to hate you for what you did, I think. But her eyes linger on me in a way that refuses to let me.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “I find myself pausing to admire her face.
For a brief moment, I’m lost to my surroundings.” ― Marie Lu, Legend
- “Before I can say anything else, he steps forward and takes my face in his hands. Then he’s kissing me one last time.” ― Marie Lu, Prodigy
More Summer Quotes
- “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” – Henry James
- “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” ―John Lubbock
- “In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explode, and every sunset is different.” ―John Steinbeck
- “A little bit of summer’s what the whole year is all about.” – John Mayer
- “If you’re not barefoot, then you’re overdressed.” – Unknown
- “Oh, the summer night, has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne.” – Bryan Procter
- “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
- “We might think we are nurturing our garden, but of course it’s our garden that is really nurturing us.” – Jenny Uglow
- “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “I am more myself in a garden than anywhere else on earth.” – Don Green
- “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” – Wallace Stevens
- “Friends, sun, sand, and sea, that sounds like a summer to me.” – Unknown
- “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- “August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.” – Sylvia Plath
- “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “You are so much sunshine in every square inch.” – Walt Whitman
- “I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.” – Susan Branch
- “One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” – Jeannette Walls
- “I know I am but summer to your heart, and not the full four seasons of the year.” – Edna St. Vincent Mallay
- “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” – Sam Keen
- “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … it’s summertime!” – Kenny Chesney
- “When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thinking they could be a new person.” – Aimee Friedman
- “All in all, it was a never-to-be-forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.”- L.M. Montgomery
- “It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” – Anna Godberson
- “When all else fails, take a vacation.” – Betty Williams
- “Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun.” – Brian Wilson
- “If it could only be like this always — always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe.” – Evelyn Waugh
- “Summer has filled her veins with light and her heart is washed with noon.” – C. Day Lewis
- “In summer, the song sings itself.” – William Carlos Williams
- “A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” – Robert Orben
- “Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June.” – Al Bernstein
- “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.” – Celia Thaxter
- “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.” ―William Shakespeare
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadows.” – Helen Keller
- “Some of the best memories are made in flip-flops.” – Kellie Elmore
- “In the summertime, when the weather is hot, you can reach right up and touch the sky.” – Mungo Jerry
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Other Mental health quotes which you may like
Below are other mental health quotes which may be of interest to you:
|Inspirational quotes about finding yourself|
|Inspirational quotes for anxiety sufferers|
|Inspirational Reality Quotes|
|Iron Man Quotes|
|January quotes and poems|
June is the sixth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar and one of the four Gregorian months.
The moon lasts for 30 days and around June 21 is the summer solstice, marking the longest day of the year.
June begins with the sun in the sign of Gemini and ends in the sign of Cancer.
Which of these June Quotes did you like most? Do let us know in the comments section!