Personality is a unique set of characteristics or traits which makes the person who he actually is.
People think, act, behave, and perceive because of these sets of traits in them. They are a certain way because the innate characteristics dictate them to be that way.
Personality type determines a person’s behavior most of the time. Moreover, personality type is one of the most important factors when it comes to understanding how people interact with one another.
Katherine Briggs and Isabel Myers developed a very interesting approach to different types of personalities.
They created 16 different personality types with different traits and characteristics.
One of these personality types is ISFP and we are going to discuss the ISFP more in this article.
Every personality type has some of the famous people under its umbrella. Similarly, the list of ISFP famous people is also very long and it is the main topic of this article.
However, before moving towards learning about the famous people of ISFP personality, we should first know what ISFP personality is.
We shall also learn what kind of traits ISFP famous people possess and then we shall move to list out some of the most ISFP famous people.
- ISFP Personality
ISFP personality is one of the types of Myers-Briggs personalities and it can be assessed using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test.
It is known to be rather common personality types which make up to 9% of the general population.
They are known as gentle caretakers and mostly known to be art lovers with keen aesthetic senses and creative, imaginative perception.
Let’s find out more details about the ISFP personality type.
- What does an ISFP personality stand for?
ISFP is an abbreviation and stands for the following
- I = Introvert
- S = Sensing
- F = Feeling
- P = Perceiving
- Characteristics of ISFP Famous People
Generally known as the caretakers, ISFP famous people have many endearing qualities and some of the most commonly found characteristics of ISFP famous people are given below.
- ISFP famous people are known to be creative and imaginative and have a well-developed aesthetic sense.
- They are often referred to as artist personalities with keen sense of art and details.
- They are known to be well driven towards music, art, design, and other areas related to these professions.
- Beauty for the eyes is really important to them and they love to explore more ideas and want to experiment about different styles and they tend to know more about new experiences which make them unpredictable as well as spontaneous.
- Due to their unpredictability, they are known to have a lack of focus but covers it up with their imagination and creativeness.
- ISFP famous people are known to have fragile egos and they are known to often lose temper when it comes to criticism.
- It doesn’t matter how constructive criticism is, they always take it personally.
- Like any other introverted personality, they want to spend maximum time with themselves in order to get recharged.
- Even though they are introverts they like to tell others about their innovations.
- They really love to stay in the moment and they tend to enjoy themselves in a low keyway which is also a cheerful way.
- They are also known to be unassuming, quiet, and flexible, and always flexible and spontaneous.
- They want to share anything that comes in their life with everyone.
- They tend to look for the beauty around themselves no matter how bleak it is.
- ISFP famous people tend to find it difficult to express their emotions with words and they mostly express how they feel in their actions.
- They are known to be very caring and thoughtful because of their observant nature.
- They are typically reserved.
- They don’t want to be the center of attention.
- They don’t prefer roles that are completely void of all assertiveness and which screams everything supportive.
- They tend to underestimate themselves.
- However, they are often perceived as modest.
- They avoid careers with supporting roles, intentionally avoiding the spotlight.
- They are kind, friendly, and charming.
- They can be overly-competitive because of their individualistic nature.
- They are often loyal and hardworking.
- They have charisma in their personality and know how to impress others.
These were the most commonly found characteristics of ISFP famous people and personalities.
They have their strengths and weaknesses but they are generally loved most of the time.
Due to their well-developed aesthetic sense and love for art, it should not come as a surprise that most of the ISFP famous people are well known, actors, musicians and other personalities belonging to show business.
Let’s find out if your favorite Hollywood star is also in the list or not.
- ISFP Famous People
The ISFP personality type is not a common one and only a small portion of the world population possesses this personality type.
They have an eye for beauty, art, creation and they have well developed aesthetic sense which makes the most successful career of ISFP as an artist.
If they choose their career according to their personality, they are more likely to succeed and spend a happy, successful life (career-wise).
However, an exception can happen and our list of ISFP famous people consists of many people who belong to the art field.
Let’s take a look at the ISFP famous people in their respective fields.
- ISFP Famous People in Athletes
As we have discussed earlier, it is not necessary that ISFP famous people only belong to the art field as they can opt for any field they want.
Here are some of ISFP’s famous people in athletes and the teams they belonged to.
- U.S. Catcher – Yogi Berra
- U.S. hitting Guard – Kobe Bryant
- U.S. First Baseman and Slugger – Mark McGwire
- English Midfielder – David Beckham
- U.S. Wide Receiver – Reggie Wayne
- U.S. Quarterback – Warren Moon
- U.S. hitting Guard – Dwyane Wade
- U.S. Diver – Greg Louganis
- ISFP Famous People in Politicians and World Leaders
Here’s yet another category of ISFP famous people who are not artists or belonged to the art field in any given way but are from a quite opposite field of life as leaders and politicians.
Even though ISFPs are not meant to be politicians because they are not natural at it but their charisma makes it possible for them to stay stable at leading positions in politics.
- Queen of France – Marie Antoinette
- Prince of Great Britain – Prince Harry
- U.S. President – Millard Fillmore
- Emperor of Rome – Nero
- U.S. President – Ulysses S. Grant
- U.S. Vice President – Dan Quayle
- U.S. First Lady – Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- U.S. President – Warren Harding
- ISFP Famous People in Musicians
Music is their field of interest and they tend to make a name for themselves when it comes to music.
Here are some of the ISFP personality type famous people in the field of music.
- U.S. Singer and Rapper – Pharrell Williams
- U.S. Guitarists and Singer – Jimi Hendrix
- English Singer – Joss Stone
- U.S. Singer and Dancer – Michael Jackson
- U.S. Singer – Janelle Monae
- U.S. Musician and Songwriter – Prince Rogers Nelson (Prince)
- Canadian Guitarist – Alex Lifeson
- Austrian Composer – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- U.S. Singer – Sheryl Crow
- English Musician – Paul McCartney
- U.S. Rapper – Andre 3000
- Barbadian singer – Rihanna
- U.S. Singer – Christina Aguilera
- U.S. Singer – Britney Spears
- U.S. Pianist – Liberace
- U.S. Musician – Kurt Cobain
- U.S. Singer – Jim Morrison
- Icelandic Singer – Bjork
- U.S. Singer – Lady Gaga
- U.S. Singer and Rapper – Frank Ocean
- English Singer – Mick Jagger
- U.S. Singer – Lana Del Rey
- ISFP Famous People in Artists
The natural and aesthetic senses of ISFP personalities flourish when they choose a career in arts and that’s what they are usually drawn to.
Here is a list of a few ISFP famous people who were artists
- Spanish Painter – Pablo Picasso
- U.S. Painter and T.V. Personality – Bob Ross
- French Painter – Paul Gauguin
- French Sculptor – Auguste Rodin
- ISFP Famous People in Hollywood
Hollywood has many actors, directors and filmmakers who were powerhouses of talent and they have enormous respect for art and artists.
They have spent almost all of their life to serve art and filmmaking. You will be surprised to know how many of your favorite names have made it up to the list.
These are the people with fully developed aesthetic sense who convert their inner feelings and emotions on the screen.
Let’s check out the list of these amazing artists and filmmakers who made Hollywood what it is with their brilliant performance both on camera and off camera.
- U.S. Burlesque Performer and Actress – Dita von Teese
- U.S. Actress – Marilyn Monroe
- French Actress- Julie Delpy
- German Director – Leni Riefenstahl
- U.S. Singer and Actress – Doris Day
- U.S. Actor – Brad Pitt
- U.S. Heir and T.V. Personality – Paris Hilton
- U.S. Director – Steven Spielberg
- U.S. Actor – Christopher Reeve
- U.S. Actor – Ryan Gosling
- U.S. Actress – Elizabeth Taylor
- U.S. Actor – Heath Ledger
- U.S. Model and Actress – Brooke Shields
- U.S. Dancer and Actor – Fred Astaire
- Italian Model and Actress – Monica Bellucci
- U.S. Actress – Jessica Alba
- U.S. Director – Mel Brooks
- U.S. Actor – John Travolta
- French Actor – Jean Reno
- U.S. Actor – Zac Efron
- ISFP Famous People as Writers
This is another career for ISFP personalities that suit their personality and their heightened sense of aesthetics.
- French Poet – Arthur Rimbaud
- Swiss Philosopher and Author – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- U.S. Playwright and Screenwriter – Neil Simon
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
- FAQ about ISFP famous people
Are there any fictional characters that can also be classified as ISFP famous people?
Yes, there are a lot of characters that can be classified as ISFP people, some examples are as follows.
Hagrid from Harry Potter, Darth Vader from Star Wars, Meredith Grey from Grey’s Anatomy, Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, Samwell Tarly from Game of Thrones, Legolas from The Lord of the Rings, Rose from Titanic and Edith Crawley from Downton Abbey.
There are a lot more but these will suffice for now.
How common or rare is the ISFP personality?
ISFP personality is pretty common as it makes up 8.8% of the general population with 5% of males and 7% of females.
Psychologenie.com: “63 Famous people with ISFP Personality Type”
Daniel (June, 2018). List of Famous People with ISFP Personality. Personalityclub.com
Thefamouspeople.com: “Famous people with ISFP Personality Type”