This article will answer the question as to whether Betterhelp’s app is free and what features it has as well as what specifications define it. Furthermore, the app will highlight the services provided to its users and also introduce the company Betterhelp to the audience. The article will also highlight the benefits of providing services to clients through the application for both users and the company itself.
Is The Betterhelp App Free?
Yes the Betterhelp app is free to download and use to avail services from the online mental health company. It is easy, quick and simple to download and use in one’s phone, tablet or even desktop and hence users can use the app for whatever device they prefer using.
This app has a number of features such as:
- Free App On Apple and Google Play Store: Yes this app is available on both platforms and has been provided by the company Betterhelp. It is free to download
- Language: It is only available in the English language and one of the possible reasons could be that the service providers who provide counseling services are only based in the United States.
- Size: Although the Apple store says it is 35MB the Google play store says it is 39MB.
- Requirements: It has different requirements depending on what platform it is available on; for the apple products it requires iPhone iOS 12.0 or later, iPad iOS 12.0 or later, iPod touch iOS 12.0 or later and/or macOS 11 or a Mac with an Apple M1 chip. When it comes to other products such as the android it requires a version of at least 6.0 and up.
Before we take a look at the app and what services are available at what costs, let us take a look at what Betterhelp is all about!
What Is Betterhelp?
Betterhelp is one of the largest online platforms that provides multiple services for all types of people who are suffering from mental health problems and require counseling. What is great about this service is that it is online hence it is available anywhere and every time. You do not have to go to the doctor’s office to get an appointment or wait in line for your turn. This is great if you feel pretty down and getting out of bed is a challenge for you!
With approximately 1700 licensed therapists available online at the click of a button, Betterhelp ensures that its clients receive the best help they can get by connecting them to professional therapists and counselors who know what they need to do This is apparent by the total number of sessions which Betterhelp has already conducted from their platform; a whopping 70 million sessions already completed! This is possible because the company understands the needs of clients well and hence provides therapy related services to them online and not just at physical location. In a world where things are changing constantly and the unknown is always around the corner, it is becoming more of a need rather than a desire to get services online and at your doorstep – we simply don’t have time nowadays!
Betterhelp recognizes everyone – they don’t discriminate. Whether you are a child who needs counseling or someone from a minority group or marginalized community, Betterhelp believes that no one should be kept away from getting the help they need! Also, Betterhelp recognizes the important diversity should be given; even though the differences don’t mean justify discrimination or leaving someone out, they do necessitate the special services we require. This includes people from all types of backgrounds.
When you visit their site, you will see that the company realizes the various situations you may be stuck in; you could be a child who needs help, a person in a relationship who feels they need to opt for couple therapy or an individual who is having a tough time facing their problems. The website also recognizes people who experience different feelings, thoughts and experiences compared to the vast majority of people; it does not judge a person based on how others are but how the person is themself! So don’t worry! You are in good hands at Betterhelp.
The Betterhelp App – Services & Costs
In this section of the article we will look at two things:
- The Services Available
- The Costs of these Services
The Services Available.
Just like the website, the Betterhelp app provides multiple services to ensure the user has the whole experience! It keeps in mind the requirements of each client as a person and what suits them while ensuring they feel safe and comfortable.
Here are the services the app provides to its users:
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
Like their services? Click here to learn more about their services!
The Cost Of These Services – A Subscription Model
The services at Betterhelp are great in that they ensure the needs of clients are met to the optimum keeping in mind people require different types of communication depending on numerous factors such as privacy, internet connection strength, culture and personality.
However, is the company flexible when it comes to their pricing model? Yes they are. Let us take a look at what prices they offer the above services.
- Weekly Plan It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well.
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client.
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap.
Like their services and subscription packages? Learn more about the company and how you can avail their services on the app by clicking here!
Why Download An App?
There are numerous benefits for both companies and users when it comes to availing or providing services through apps. Let us look at a few listed here:
- Full Access: Apps are designed in a way to suit your device and hence enable the complete experience. As a user, you may have noticed that without the app there are some features or services you cannot avail when you simply use the company services from the browser for example.
- Enhanced User Experience: The app ensures that as a user you have a better and more customized user experience. This is because the app is able to gather information on you and provide more customized services. You can also organize things in the app in a more convenient and preferable manner.
- Lesser Wait: The apps a user experience provide a faster service and hence clients do not have to play the waiting game.
- Apps Increase Customer Engagement: This is one thing companies like about having their own apps; the customer is able to engage more with the company through them because the app records vital customer information that is used to improve the customer experience. It is literally like living with the client.
- Apps Are Reminders: Whenever a customer opens their phone and sees your app on their front screen, they are reminded of the services you offer. More reminders are a way of encouraging the client to take more services. It increases business for your company.
As you can see, there are many benefits about using the Betterhelp app to avail their services. Don’t wait and sign up today to avail counseling services online.
You can also read more about the app through customer reviews available here.
The article apprised the audience about the free Betterhelp app by confirming that it can be downloaded for free and has many features. The article not only outlined what services are available on the app at what costs but also listed and explained the benefits of availing services through an app rather than through one’s browser!