This article will discuss if Talkspace is legit by looking at the various factors of the services that the platform provides for its users. We shall also be discussing some of the elements that you need to look for while choosing your therapist. In addition to this, we will be describing some of the great advantages that online therapy can bring.
Is Talkspace legit?
Absolutely, with a resounding yes! Talkspace is 100% legit according to research studies conducted by many teams, like the Innerbody Research team. Here are a few reasons why anyone and everyone should give Talkspace a try at least once in their lives.
- All the therapists who are working with Talkspace need to meet a set of rigid standards and need to be licensed in their states or regions. The therapists also need to have a minimum of three years of clinical experience.
- There are also a wide range of therapies that are available on the platform. Every therapist is an expert in their field of psychotherapy and thus users can safely trust their providers. The therapists also range in schools of thought and concepts and users can pick and choose according to their needs and preferences.
- The platform has many security features that help in safeguarding the consumer information and data. In order to do this, Talkspace has been equipped with strong firewalls and encrypted data so that users can talk and express themselves freely without any fear of their data being exposed.
- The app is quite easy to download and install and is compatible with any type of smart device. Talkspace can also be accessed through any type of web browser, which makes the platform highly accessible and very convenient to use.
- The users are assigned a therapist who fits their personality style and requirements to ensure a stronger client-therapist relationship. This is direly necessary for the therapy to work and is done by providing a questionnaire for the user to fill up.
- The platform is also covered by insurance which can significantly bring down the cost of the services.
What to look for while choosing your therapist?
The client-therapist fit or relationship is the key for the effectiveness of the intervention itself. If the relationship is not right, the therapy might in fact hurt more than heal the client. However, the right therapist can be difficult to come across and choose. In order to choose the right therapist from a variety of options presented to you, you can use the guidance described below:
- Ask yourself the gender that you are more comfortable with, whether it is male, female or some who is non-binary. You also must be aware of the age group that your therapist needs to fall in. Some people work better with a younger therapist and others will find that they are more comfortable taking therapy from a much older person.
- You also need to understand if religion and faith play a part in this. Today, many religious groups have therapists of their own, who combine religion and psychology which many can relate to in a better manner. Needless to say, your therapist should not be pushing you to take up any type of faith or religion against your wish and will.
- The therapist also needs to be certified and licensed to practice independently. This ensures that they understand and practice the right ethics and also have high standards or quality of therapy.
- While reaching out and talking to your potential therapist, look for signs that they are good listeners and practice empathy in their speech. Also look for great business ethics such as being on time for the call and not having too jam-packed schedules.
- Once you are in therapy, you will need to be aware of how well your therapist is maintaining boundaries and if they are using the session to express their own problems. Good therapists also never check their phones and are genuinely interested in what the client has to say.
Advantages of online therapy
Online therapy can bring a wide variety of benefits and advantages that users need to be aware of. Two of these advantages are listed as follows:
It can bring ease and convenience
The best thing about online therapy is that it brings ease to the user or the client. While it may be difficult to hunt down the right therapist all by yourself, online therapy platforms such as Talkspace and Betterhelp do this for you. And thus, you can get quick access to mental health care at any time from literally anywhere.
It can be quite cost-effective
The programs that are available at these online mental health platforms are also considerably cheaper than in-person therapy. Another great thing is, some of these platforms, such as Talkspace are covered by insurance which can further bring down the costs of therapy. Thus, online therapy can be a great avenue for those who are economically weak.
This article has discussed if Talkspace is legit by looking at the various factors of the services that the platform provides for its users. We have also looked at some of the elements that you need to look for while choosing your therapist. In addition to this, we have described some of the great advantages that online therapy can bring.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions in the space below.