In this guide, you will see a list of “introvert quotes”.
Introvert quotes (part 1)
Introverted quotes are all over the internet and can help have inspirational or motivational purposes.
Here we will add a list of 75 of the most popular introverted quotes said by famous people, celebrities or references from films/books.
- “I am rarely bored alone; I am often bored in groups and crowds.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
- “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
- “You see things. You keep quiet about them and you understand. “ ~ The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- “I’m very picky with whom I give my energy to. I prefer to reserve my time, intensity and spirit exclusively to those who reflect sincerity.” ~ Dau Voire
- “There is a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I’ve got to see my friends because I’m too content by myself.” ~ Drew Barrymore
- “I wish, as well as everybody else, to be perfectly happy; but like everybody else, it must be in my own way.” ~ Drew Barrymore
- “There’s zero correlation between being the best talker and having the best ideas.” ~ Susan Cain
- “Our culture made a virtue of living only as extroverts. We discouraged the inner journey, the quest for a center. So we lost our center and have to find it again.” ~ Anais Nin
- Don’t think of introversion as something that needs to be cured…. Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you’re supposed to.” ~ Susan Cain
- “Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively verbalizing.” ~ William S. Boroughs
- “I think a lot, but I don’t say much.” Anne Frank
- “People empty me. I have to get away to refill.” ~ C. Bukowski
- “Quiet people have the loudest minds.” Stephen Hawking
- “In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.” ~ Rollo May
- “Don’t underestimate me because I’m quiet. I know more than I say, think more than I speak and observe more than you know.” ~ Michaela Chung
- “What if you love knowledge for its own sake, not necessarily as a blueprint to action? What if you wish there were more, not fewer reflective types in the world.” ~Susan Cain
- “Please kindly go away, I’m introverting.” ~ Beth Buelow, The Introvert Entrepreneur
- “Everyone shines, given the right lighting.” ~Susan Cain
- “A good rule of thumb is that any environment that consistently leaves you feeling bad about who you are is the wrong environment.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
- “Introverts crave meaning so party chitchat feels like sandpaper to our psyche.” ~ Diane Cameron
- “I am a minimalist. I like saying the most with the least.” ~Bob Newhart
- “Let’s clear one thing up: Introverts do not hate small talk because we dislike people. We hate small talk because we hate the barrier it creates between people.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
- “Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone—that is the secret of invention: be alone, that is when ideas are born.”~ Nikola Tesla
- “The highest form of love is to be the protector of another person’s solitude.” Rainer Maria Rilke
- “When you’re an introvert like me and you’ve been lonely for a while, and then you find someone who understands you, you become really attached to them. It’s a real release.” Lana Del Rey
Introvert quotes (Part 2)
- “Stay true to your own nature. If you like to do things in a slow and steady way, don’t let others make you feel as if you have to race. If you enjoy depth, don’t force yourself to seek breadth.” ~ Susan Cain
- “Introvert conversations are like jazz. Each player gets to solo for a nice stretch before the other player comes in and does his solo.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
- “Introverts are word economists in a society suffering from verbal diarrhea.” ~ Michaela Chung
- “I want to be alone… with someone else who wants to be alone.” – Dimitri Zaik.
- “Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward.” ~Elliot Kay
- “After an hour or two of being socially on, we introverts need to turn off and recharge … This isn’t antisocial. It isn’t a sign of depression.” Jonathan Rauch
- “Your solitude will be a support and a home for you, even in the midst of very unfamiliar circumstances, and from it you will find all your paths.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
- “I talked to a calzone for fifteen minutes last night before I realized it was just an introverted pizza. I wish all my acquaintances were so tasty.” ~ Jarod Kintz
- “The secret to life is to put yourself in the right lighting. For some it’s a Broadway spotlight, for others, a lamplit desk.” ~ Susan Cain
- “As a child I suppose I was not quite normal. My happiest times were when I was left alone in the house on a Saturday.” ~ Charles Bukowski
- “In terms of, like, instant relief, canceling plans is like drug.” ~John Mulaney
- “Blessed are those who do not fear solitude, who are not afraid of their own company, who are not always desperately looking for something to do, something to amuse themselves with, something to judge.” ~ Paulo Coelho
- “I was just confused about why I was feeling overwhelmed all the time and trying to adjust to having people work for me. Surprisingly, I think if you’re known on the Internet, you’re probably an introvert.” ~ Felicia Day
- “’Come out of your shell’ – that noxious expression which fails to appreciate that some animals naturally carry shelter everywhere they go and some humans are just the same.” ~ Susan Cain
- “I don’t have time for superficial friends, I suppose if you’re really lonely you can call a superficial friend, but otherwise, what’s the point? ~ Courtney Cox
- “I owe everything that I have done to the fact that I am very much at ease being alone.” ~ Marilynne Robinson
- “[Introverts] listen more than they talk, think before they speak, and often feel as if they express themselves better in writing than in conversation. They tend to dislike conflict. Many have a horror for small talk, but enjoy deep discussions.” ~ Susan Cain
- “My imagination functions much better when I don’t have to speak to people.” ~ Patricia Highsmith
- “For introverts, to be alone with our thoughts is as restorative as sleeping, as nourishing as eating.” ~ Jonathan Rauch
- “Beware of those who seek constant crowds; they are nothing alone.” ~Charles Bukowski
- “I’m self-sufficient. I spend a lot of time on my own and I shut off quite easily. When I communicate, I communicate 900 per cent; then I shut off, which scares people sometimes.” ~ bjork
- “Loneliness is failed solitude.” Sherry Turkle
- A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live. ~ Bertrand Russell
- “Whatever kind of introvert you are, some people will find you ‘too much’ in some ways and ‘not enough’ in others.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
- “A wise man once said nothing.” ~ Proverb
Introvert Quotes (Part 3)
- “Don’t think of introversion as something that needs to be cured…Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you’re supposed to.”~ Susan Cain
- “In an extroverted society, the difference between an introvert and an extrovert is that an introvert is often unconsciously deemed guilty until proven innocent.” ~ Criss Jami
- “When I am alone I can become invisible. I can sit on the top of a dune as motionless as an uprise of weeds, until the foxes run by unconcerned. I can hear the almost unhearable sound of the roses singing.” ~ Mary Oliver
- “Most people in politics draw energy from backslapping and shaking hands and all that. I draw energy from discussing ideas.” ~ Al Gore
- “Solitude matters and for some people it’s the air they breathe.” ~ Susan Cain
- “I don’t believe anything really revolutionary has ever been invented by committee… I’m going to give you some advice that might be hard to take. That advice is: Work alone… Not on a committee. Not on a team.” ~ Steve Wozniak
- Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent. ~ Napoleon Hill
- “Solitude has its own very strange beauty to it.” ~ Liv Tyler
- “I was never less alone than when by myself.” ~ Edward Gibbon
- “You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet. ~ Franz Kafka
- “Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” ~ Plato
- “As an introvert, you can be your own best friend or your worst enemy. The good news is we generally like our own company, a quality that extroverts often envy. We find comfort in solitude and know how to soothe ourselves.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
- “Introverts dislike small talk, but we are fluent in the language of ideas and dreams.” ~ Michaela Chung
- “You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind.” ~Yoko Ono
- “Love is essential, gregariousness is optional.” ~ Susan Cain
- “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes” C.G. Jung
- “Better to keep quiet and let people think you’re an idiot than speak up and confirm it.” ~ Rodney Dangerfield
- “I restore myself when I’m alone.” Marilyn Monroe
- “People say things to me like, ‘It’s really cool that you don’t go out and get drunk all the time and go to clubs.’ I appreciate that, but I’m kind of an introverted kind of person just by nature.” ~ Emma Watson
- I think I’m a weird combination of deeply introverted and very daring. I can feel both those things working.” ~ Helen Hunt
- “E-mail is far more convenient than the telephone. As far as I’m concerned, I would throw my phone away if I could get away with it.” ~ Tom Hanks
- “I really like to stay in my nest and not move. I travel in my mind, and that’s a rigorous state of journeying for me. My body isn’t that interested in moving from place to place.” ~ Bell Hooks
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
- “Introverts, in contrast, may have strong social skills and enjoy parties and business meetings, but after a while wish they were home in their pajamas. They prefer to devote their social energies to close friends, colleagues, and family.” ~ Susan Cain
- “I don’t hate people, I just feel better when they aren’t around.” ~Charles Bukowski
Other Mental health quotes which you may like
Below are other mental health quotes which may be of interest to you:
|Beautiful Dragon Quotes|
|Beautiful quotes about soulmates|
|Best brother quotes and sayings|
|Brene Brown Quotes About the Power of Vulnerability|
|Cat in the Hat Quotes|
Why is this blog about introvert quotes important?
Introvert quotes are all over the internet, they have been taken from many famous celebrities, poets, writers, actors/actresses, books or films that have motivational and encouraging messages from other introverts like you.
Be proud, being an introverted person does not necessarily mean feeling different or sad or not as confident as you would like to be.
Remember, not wanting to go out and socialize all the time or not wanting to be around other people does not mean that sitting at home curled up with a nice Netflix film or TV show isn’t a nice and exciting plan to do.
Please feel free to leave any comments or thoughts about the content of this article!
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about introvert quotes
What do I do if I like an introvert?
If you like an introvert, here are 4 helpful tips:
– Just because they’re still reserved around you, does not mean they will always be. Patience is the way to an introvert’s heart.
– When making plans, choose less crowded places that are comfy and casual. Introverts prefer comfy, low-key settings over loud, hectic areas.
– Don’t take it personally if your crush asks for some alone time, be supportive and allow them to unwind.
– Find out the best way they prefer to communicate since some introverts, especially the shy ones feel More comfortable texting instead of talking face to face when you first meet them.
Are introverts rare?
True introverts can be hard to come by or meet.
It has been said that the vast majority of the population are neither introverts nor extroverts, they are ambiverts.
This means they can display characteristics of both introversion and extraversion.
Do introverts hide their feelings?
Introverts tend to hide their feelings because they feel they are terrible expressing themselves.
However, this does not mean they never get to share their feelings, it is just they struggle a bit more, but they do open up when they feel comfortable enough.
What is an introvert person?
An introvert person has been said to be someone who enjoys living alone, or in solitude, and they tend to avoid being in crowded places or having to speak in public.
Do introverts like hugs?
Introverts prefer to have their own space, both mentally and physically.
It has been said that introverts do whatever it takes to maintain their boundaries and limits, letting other people know what they can and can’t do so most likely they will be very upfront saying they do not like hugs.
- The Power of Personality: How Introverts and Extroverts Can Combine to Amazing Effect
- The INFJ Author: How to Embrace Your Unique Strengths and Succeed as an INFJ Writer in an Extrovert’s World
- The Introvert Advantage: How Quiet People Can Thrive in an Extrovert World
- Sorry I’m Late, I Didn’t Want to Come: An Introvert’s Year of Living Dangerously
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
Introvertspring.com: “Top 100 Introvert Quotes”
Habitsforwellbeing.com: “20 Top Introvert Quotes”
Brainyquote.com: “Introvert quotes”