INFJ Careers (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)
In this brief guide, INFJ careers along with INFJ personality, its link with Myers Briggs personality test, meaning of INFJ personality, and famous people with INFJ will be discussed.
Background of INFJ
INFJ personality is the type of MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator). MBTI is a personality test available here as well to administer.
MBTI is based on the theory of Carl Jung, and was developed by Katherine Briggs and her daughter Myers Briggs.
They developed this 16 personality type indicator on the theory introduced by Swiss psychiatrist Carl G. Jung. This test was originally published in 1962, and since then being used to identify the career preferences.
Initially, it was used to assess which career is best for women during WWII.
MBTI is one of the most widely used personality tests to assess the tendencies of people to work and think in a particular way.
Main Domains of MBTI (Myers Briggs Personality Theory)
The theory describes four core domains that lie on a continuum where one domain is opposing the other side of the domain.
This is also known as dichotomous domains.
The initial domains are based on the writings of Jung, while the last domain was added by Katherine Briggs.
- Extraversion vs Introversion
- Sensing vs Intuition
- Thinking vs Feeling
- Judging vs Perceiving
Let’s cover these four core domains in detail:
1. Extraversion vs Introversion
This says that the person high on extraversion likes to join people and participate in gatherings.
As well as he feels recharged in the presence of others around.
While the introvert tries to keep to himself and spend alone time, as well as they are quite reflective throughout the day.
2. Sensing vs Intuition
Some people collect the information from the environment directly by their enhanced use of sensation.
They use their five senses to make sense of the world.
While the intuitive is more imaginative, dreamy, and innovative about the surroundings and what they mean.
3. Thinking vs Feeling
If you consider yourself a thinker, then you must be considering the logic behind everything and go for the right solution.
While feelers use their hearts more than their heads.
The person high on feelings understands the situations on the basis of emotions, and consider others.
4. Judging vs Perceiving
If you have seen someone organized, structured, following schedules then you already have come across the person dominant on judging.
Whereas the person high on perceiving, they consider things as open, flexible and easy-going.
MBTI says that you are either on one side of the continuum or the other.
Ones you will be tested on MBTI, your scores will give you your four preferences using four initial letters, such as “INFJ”, which shows Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Judging as dominant types.
Personality Types in MBTI
As discussed before, the MBTI gives 16 personality domains, based on four domains of personality.
These four domains combine in 16 different ways and describe the type of personality according to their preference.
Someone more on judging is more organized, and plan ahead and maybe not comfortable with being spontaneous.
There is a good piece of writing which extends the learning.
MBTI talks about the interaction of four core domains between then, which gives an extended version of one’s personality.
This understanding regarding oneself is fruitful in a way of deciding the career, and right profession.
The person gets to know the flavours of his personality.
Whereas there are a lot of other tools available for the personality assessment, such as enneagram, and Big Five, but they just give a brief idea about personality.
Following are 16 MBTI domains, for details please follow the links below:
- ENTJ (Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)
- INTJ (Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)
- ENTP (Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving)
- INTP (Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving)
- ENFJ (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)
- INFJ (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)
- ENFP (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving)
- INFP (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving)
- ESTJ (Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging)
- ISTJ (Introvert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging)
- ESFJ (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, Judging)
- ISFJ (Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, Judging)
- ESTP (Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving)
- ISTP (Introvert, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving)
- ESFP (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving)
- ISFP (Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving)
- ENTJ: This type shows the capabilities of being a passionate, energetic, logical commander
- INTJ: This type shows the innovation, and logical thinking to keep things in structure while keeping the focus to oneself.
- ENTP: They are innovators and comes up with unique solutions to the hurdles.
- INTP: This type of personality can be more logical and innovative and creative in their solutions.
- ENFJ: More inclined towards humanity and keeps up the value system, while keeping themselves organized.
- INFJ: They are more organized in their thinking patterns as well as creative and achieve well when being alone.
- ENFP: They feel more energized when surrounded by others, stay in in touch with the feelings of others around, and are flexible in their planning.
- INFP: These personalities are driven by values and beliefs.
- ESTJ: They are passionate and hard-working; they make sure to get the results.
- ISTJ: They are organized, responsible and are fixer of catastrophes.
- ESFJ: They consider the feelings of others and try to fulfil their responsibilities.
- ISFJ: These are the ones, consider taking care of others around and follow the tradition and prove loyalties.
- ESTP: They are energetic and make sure to get the results they desire.
- ISTP: They are good at solving the problems and practical in their approach.
- ESFP: They are good to have in the surroundings to keep people energetic and entertained, they love life.
- ISFP: They are the ones who enjoy being in the moment with them and are passionate.
MBTI clearly shows that there is no one type that is better than the other, but all these types are equally beneficial in one situation or the other.
These are the ways of responding people use automatically in their environments.
More specifically these are the preferences of responding.
The 16 types discussed above can be assessed using the self-assessment questionnaire available here.
What is an INFJ personality?
After having a clear understanding of MBTI, it will be easy for you to understand that INFJ personality refers to (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling and Judging).
People high on these four areas have a number of qualities which attract a lot of people while making others fearful as well.
Overview of INFJ Personality
There is a brief overview of the strengths and weaknesses of the INFJ personality type.
These people are very conscious about their own expression of emotions and feelings as well as being caring, nurturing, warm, gentle and complex.
They have their own ways of hiding themselves behind the hidden meaning and messages.
They have an inner life, which is quite different from their real world.
They are hesitant in sharing their things with others, while can make another person to open up easily. They like to work alone and are focused, insightful, and organized.
Firstly, we are looking at the strengths of INFJ personality, we come across a number of exciting revelations.
As these people are warm, and caring they can assure to have good relationships and make them work. They just give special consideration to other’s feelings and emotions and try to comply with the demands.
They have good communication skills, especially they are good writers. They consider themselves to fulfil the demands of the situations and having high expectations for themselves and others.
They can easily get along with relationships and if there is the need they can easily move on if one has ended.
Secondly, the weaknesses are not major but part of this personality type. They keep some part of their personality hidden from others.
They are not good at practical things such as, not good at handling money, or handling the daily requirements and responsibilities.
They are unable to tolerate criticism and harsh comments. They are unable to handle the conflicting relationships.
There are different professional domains suitable for INFJ careers.
INFJ can excel better in academic domains. Being innovative they can devise new ways of teaching while understanding the feelings and keeping the things organized.
INFJ career as an entrepreneurial is promising because of their nature to be focused and gaining energy when introverting.
It is easy for them to plan and execute with precision.
INFJ career as creative is a good choice, because theie heightened creativity and innovative ideas when they are alone can depict sensitivity to the feelings of surroundings and others.
INFJ career as a counsellor is best for them, because of their sensitivity and understanding of others as well as they are able to give advice and focus on others.
INFJ career as author can turns out to be successful, because of their ability to contemplate, relate, and think about the situations in certain different dimensions.
Other INFJ careers suitable for them are teachers, artists, authors, dramatists, nutritionists, musicians, dentists, psychologists, psychiatrists, photographer, and trainer.
How to detect INFJ personality in the early years?
They experience being aloof since the start of their peer group. When they get along with others and being part of the social group they still feel as they just don’t fit in.
How common INFJ Personality type is?
INFJ personality is the rarest type of personality, and men are quite limited in number.
The percentage of INFJ personality is 2% in females and 1% in the male population.
What is disliked by INFJ personality?
INFJ personality dislike being in crowded places or social gatherings. They want to stay at home, but they don’t like to have a dirty disorganized home.
They have low tolerance for out of order things. When they have to come across the misunderstandings in the relationships it just drags them to the limits.
They are not easy with the goodbyes and hate being emotionally manipulated or deceived.
Famous people with INFJ personality
The big names having INFJ personality type are Carl Jung himself, Gandhi, Jimmy Carter, Oprah Winfrey, Adam Shandler, and Nelson Mandela.
Frequently asked Questions
Is INFJ really rare?
Yes, most rare type personality is INFJ
Who Should an INFJ marry?
They make a perfect match with well-developed personality types, especially ENTP and ENFP.
They make the best match because the introversion intuition compliments extraversion intuition.
What is an INFJ person?
These people are introvert, prefer isolation, are caring, gentle, empathetic and organized.
Can an Infj be a nurse?
INFJ can be successful as nurse, and gain much more certifications and education.
Please feel free to share your feedback and questions in the comment section below.
The INFJ Writer: Cracking the Creative Genius of the World’s Rarest Type
INFJ Personality Handbook: Understand Yourself as The Rarest Myers-Briggs Personality Type
The INFJ Revolution: Reclaim Your Power, Live Your Purpose, Heal the World
The INFJ Personality Guide: Understand yourself, reach your potential, and live a life of purpose
INFJ – The Advocate (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging): Myers-Briggs Notebook for Counselors/Advocates