In this blog post, we discuss the meaning and the origin of the I am the storm quote.
Keep reading for other encouraging quotes that will teach you about resilience, strong character and inner power.
Origin of the Quote “I am the storm”
While the exact origin of the quote “I am the Storm” is not known, the essence of it does keep showing up in many different places. The origin of the quote “I am the Storm” can also be assumed in the time where Jesus calms a great storm, found in passages Mt. 8:23-27 and Mk.
“I am the storm”: Original Quote
Here is the original quote behind “I am the quote”:
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm.”
The original quote of “I am the storm” is thought to have been written by Jake Remington, a new Indie writer.
“I am the storm” quote, what does it mean?
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm.’” – Unknown
It seems that this quote, which is quite popular especially in the world of sports, does not have an author to claim his rights!
Thus, the author of the quote is unknown.
As for the meaning of this quote, it is quite clear, namely: You can be whoever you want to be and you can do whatever you want to do.
It doesn’t matter what others say, what others want… it only matters what you want!
Because accepting others to lead you is like depending on those “others” no matter who they are.
Every step, wrong or right, is up to you. No matter the result, you learn from mistakes anyway and the next sure step will not be wrong.
Influences come from all sides, positive or negative.
This will always be the case, so you will have to choose the positive ones, although sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference between them.
Don’t let yourself be influenced by others, because that way you won’t get what you want, you won’t be.
You will be an embodiment of another person.
Leave behind all the accusations and desires of others. Leave them to make room for your wishes.
Be what you want to be because that’s the only way you will have the soul satisfaction that so many long for and that you can have too.
Once imagined, the dream is already a reality. You are energy. The thought is energy.
The computer screen you are reading from is energy.
That is why there are no real limits, and that is why any dream can come true.
It’s all about your ability to understand and accept that.
Next, I invite you to read some quotes similar to I am the storm quote, meant to encourage you, to change your perception of certain things, and to inspire you to dream.
Side Note: I grew this blog to over 500,000 monthly pageviews and it now finances our charitable missions. If you are looking to start a blog as a source of income or to help your community then view our how to start a blog guide.
25 Motivational You Got This Quotes
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Only the paranoid survive.” – Andy Grove
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “I wake up every morning and think to myself, ‘how far can I push this company in the next 24 hours.’” – Leah Busque
- “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” – Michele Ruiz
- “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
- “Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.” – Joss Whedon
- “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” ― William W. Purkey
- “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman
- “Everything you can imagine is real.”― Pablo Picasso
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ― Helen Keller
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
- “Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers.” – Socrates
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- “The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s what you’re made of. Not the circumstances.” – Unknown
- “If we have the attitude that it’s going to be a great day it usually is.” – Catherine Pulsifier
- “You can either experience the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The choice is yours.” – Unknown
- “Impossible is just an opinion.” – Paulo Coelho
35 Keep going quotes
1. “It is absolutely essential to hang in there—especially when you feel most discouraged.”
― Steve Shallenberger, Becoming Your Best: The 12 Principles of Highly Successful Leaders
2. “It’s not enough to vanquish the darkness. True victory lies in spreading the light.”
― Sarah Brownlee
3. “Do not ever get agitated by provoking thoughts and actions.
Always keep your calm. This will shame the alien.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita
4. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” ― Winston S. Churchill”
― Winston S. Churchill
5. “I’d rather try and fail than quit and not do stuff”
― Khali Raymond
6. “There are days you live through; mediocre days that people may see as a waste or even boring. But they are each day that gets you to the days you live for; the moments that you never forget.”
― Meghan Apriceno, Town of Ellsworth
7. “Don’t wish that people would change. Accept them for who they are and keep on searching for your higher ‘self”
― Matthew Donnelly
8. “Don’t let the meanies get you down.”
― Heather Wolf, The Long Spring
9. “Is it wise to move along the path, hoping for what may never come or to go back and change your course for the likely?”
― Jasmin Morin
10. “Upnext” is your success… but before that, remember “up there” is your God who requires from you to be “upright” to fulfill your destiny! Be “up” and keep going!”
― Israelmore Ayivor, Daily Drive 365
11. “As long as we desire to reach new heights, we will find the strength to climb the mountain.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!
12. “The success gate is far at the end of the long failure corridor. Keep moving no matter how many potholes you step into. You will get there with time!” ― Israelmore Ayivor, Daily Drive 36
13. “Stop now and always wonder. Press forward and tap the wonder.”
― Gina Greenlee, Postcards and Pearls: Life Lessons from Solo Moments on the Road
14. “Do you believe there’s hope at the end?” I ask. “No,” she says simply, looking away. “No, I don’t, but I’m still going.”
― Patrick Ness, The Knife of Never Letting Go
15. “In fact, if you’re wondering if I expect miracles—the answer is yes. Even when they don’t seem to happen, I keep believing in them. Even when I stop believing in them, I’ll always start again. Because if you don’t have hope, what’s left? I believe. And maybe they’ll happen in a way I never saw coming–they usually do. Or maybe I’ll find the way to make them happen myself. But either way–I expect miracles.”
― Jennifer DeLucy
16. “There comes some special times that you got to keep “impossibility thinkers” behind you and walk with those who are prepared to go forward with you because that is the only option to keep you going!”
― Israelmore Ayivor, Shaping the dream
17. “…I don’t ever want to feel that way. Feel as if there are no surprises left. The surprises make life worth living. Expecting nothing, accepting it all. Accepting isn’t the right word. ACKNOWLEDGING it all. I suppose I’ll just try to figure it out as I go or at least try to understand it. Or f***, just think about it. I’ll face whatever comes my way…”
― John O’Callaghan
18. “It takes your knowing to decide on your going. If you know where you are going, you will keep going because you have already seen yourself gone”
― Israelmore Ayivor
19. “A new challenge keeps the brain kicking and the heart ticking.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly,
20. “Never keep yourself alone. Keep talking to yourself. And you’ll start feeling better.” ― Prerak Trivedi
21. “Every journey has its own traveler. Every dream has its own dreamer. We all belonged to a specific journey and dream. Some people are currently looking for it, some people are just figuring it out, some people are still lost, and to some they have finally found it.”
― Happy Positivity
22. “You are heading towards the top if you raise the bar of your standards inch by inch each hour! There is no quick way to success; it comes in installments. Every day’s activity is a minor contribution to a heavy pay of success. Don’t waste the day!”
― Israelmore Ayivor, The Great Hand Book of Quotes
23. “When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things: there will be ground to stand on… or you will grow wings to fly.”
― O.R. Melling, The Summer King
24. “We’re all looking for a peaceful and safe place, but maybe there is no such place. But we keep going no matter what’s waiting for us down the road. We don’t stop living.”
― Fuyumi Soryo, Mars, Volume 15
25. “We must stay strong so we can keep going.” ― Michelle Shen
26. “Never give up,keep going,don’t quit,die in your tracks before ever giving up.If we back down every time we are faced with something tough,we are complete failures.”
― LT. Lavoir
27. “You wouldn’t train for a marathon & then give up a mile before the finish line. Same goes with your life & dreams.”
― Dawn Gluskin
28. “Don’t underestimate the effects of complacency … cobwebs are deceptively heavy and are hard to shake loose.”
― Erica Goros
29. “Love runs the engine”
― Nora Roberts, The Last Boyfriend
30. “Don’t give up on your daydream! That little voice inside is telling you how to live your life with intent & purpose.”
― Dawn Gluskin
31. “The thing was, if you wanted to survive you had to keep going, Natalie had decided. Even when it hurt. Sometimes, she had discovered, you had to walk around the holes in your life, instead of falling into them.”
― Pricilla Cummings
32. “The lesson is this: When the road gets dark and all hope seems lost, there’s nothing to do but keep going. We, like Bilbo, must keep up our “hobbitry in heart.” Even more important, as people of faith, we recognize that we are not alone. Whatever happens from this point on, we put our trust in God. And we go on.”
― Sarah Arthur, Walking with Bilbo
33. “The most thought to keep in mind is that “players” gain money at the end of each game while “spectators” lose it for a ticket in order to see the gainful players display their skills. Don’t you want to keep watching your dreams or you want to get on the run with them?”
― Israelmore Ayivor, The Great Hand Book of Quotes
― Volatalistic Phil, White Wedding Lies, and Discontent: An American Love Story
35. “If it was the last sunset i will ever see, I will keep running in the West, i won’t let that sun to set”
― Ayushya Chitransh
50 Life Goes On Quotes
1. “People change and things go wrong but just remember life goes on.” — Mac Miller
2. “Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn’t happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?” — Elizabeth Scott
3. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
4. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
5. “…but ready or not, life goes on.” — Sidney Sheldon
6. “Sometimes you’re flush and sometimes you’re bust, and when you’re up, it’s never as good as it seems, and when you’re down, you never think you’ll be up again, but life goes on.” — George Jung
7. “Life goes on after sorrow, in spite of sorrow, as a defense against sorrow.” — Cornelia Meigs
8. “One thing is always sure. Life goes on with you or without you, no matter how much you saw.” — Lalita Tademy
9. “If something does go wrong, here is my advice… KEEP CALM and CARRY ON.” — Maira Kalman
10. “Because life goes on, L. The birds do their thing, and the bees do theirs. Seeds get scattered, and everything grows back.” — Kami Garcia
11. “Regardless of how it goes down, life goes on.” — Rick Ross
12. “Life goes on is a redundancy. Life is defined by its going on.” — David Levithan
13. “Yes, I have cancer and it might not go away, but I can still have a future because life goes on.” — Kris Carr
14. “Things change. Stuff happens. Life goes on.” — Elizabeth Scott
15. “They discovered that even in the face of pain that seems unbearable, even in the face of pain that wrings the last drop of blood out of your heart and leaves its scrimshaw tracery on the inside of your skull, life goes on. And pain grows dull, and begins to fade.” — Poppy Z. Brite
16. “Weep if you must. Parting is hell, but life goes on, so sing as well.” — Joyce Grenfell
17. “Always stay true to yourself. Some people will like it, some people won’t. Life goes on.” — Carmelo Anthony
18. “That’s what History teaches us, I think, that life goes on, even though individuals die and whole civilizations crumble away: The simple things last; they are repeated over and over by each generation.” — Philip Reeve
19. “There are people in your life who’ve come and gone, they let you down and hurt your pride. Better put it all behind you, life goes on, you keep carrying that anger, it’ll eat you up inside.” — Don Henley
20. “You learn if your mind stays open. And once you can’t learn any more, your mind must be closed. Life goes on and you keep growing, you know?” — Bobby Womack
21. “Life goes on. Get over it. You’re still young. It’ll get better. Blah, Blah, Blah.” — David Levithan
22. “No matter what you think-life goes on and the world still turns and the universe has its own story. The most we can do is plan anyway, but understand, be humbled by things greater than ourselves.” — Bill Cosby
23. “When you lose what you love, remember to stay strong. Look out the window and remember life goes on.” — Drew Chadwick
24. “You can break down and cry, but you have to get back up and start living again because life goes on.” — Unknown
25. “I’ve been in love and it doesn’t last. And when it’s over, it’s hell for a while. And then one discovers that life goes on. Eventually, one falls in love again. This pattern repeats itself until one is too jaded to believe in it anymore, or too old for all the upheaval.” — Laura Lee
26. “I’m not going to hold my breath because life goes on. Life is too short to sit around moaning about what could have been or what was.” — Tina Weymouth
27. “You fail, and then what? Life goes on. It’s only when you risk failure that you discover things.” — Lupita Nyong’o
28. “People change. Love hurts. Friends leave. Things go wrong. But just remember that life goes on. Time stops for no one.” — Unknown
29. “In the middle of life, death comes to take your measurements. The visit is forgotten and life goes on. But the suit is being sewn on the sly.” — Tomas Transtromer
30. “I’ll be strong, I’ll be wrong, oh but life goes on. Oh, I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world.” — Taylor Swift
31. “The biggest mistake we make is trying to square the way we feel about something today with the way we felt about it yesterday. You shouldn’t even bother doing it. You should just figure out the way you feel today and if it happens to comply with what you thought before, fine. If it contradicts it, whatever. Life goes on.” — Malcolm Gladwell
32. “Sometimes, you regret letting certain people into your life. The harm has already been done. All you can do is learn a lesson from it and move on. Life is too short to spend it on regrets. life goes on.” — Gloria Lamisi
33. “Life goes on if you’re one of the lucky ones.” — Judy Blume
34. “To be judged for your imperfections is to be judged for being human. Mistakes are made, life goes on, don’t let other people change who you are.” — Unknown
35. “I would love to have a complete family. I’d love to do it all at once. I’d love to be able to give to my children what my parents were able to give to me. And if I’m blessed to be able to do that, fantastic. If I’m not, then life goes on. You have to do the best you can. I do think we have to bring the family back; I do.” — Michael Ealy
36. “Life is more than just chess. Though the king dies, life goes on.” — Toba Beta
37. “Living under a cloud of black, udder a single word and watch the lightning strike, feel the roar of the thunder. Periods of calm are like tears dripping from a rainbow, and life goes on.” — Donna A. Favors
38. “Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be. Life goes on.” — Unknown
39. “Life gets more interesting as it goes on. It becomes fuller because there is perspective there.” — Ann Dowd
40. “So long as this struggle known as life goes on, there will always be the music to fit the mood and make it better.” — Patrick James Balthazor
41. “Even though we have been hurt, we must find a way to get through it, life goes on whether we want it to or not. The world keeps turning no matter how bad we feel. This is why we have to learn how to bounce back and keep moving forward.” — Rashida Rowe
42. “Forgive the haters for what they did to you and also forget what they think about you, always see in the eyes of someone you love a lot and feel that if you cry they will also, now finally put your hand on your heart and remember two things LIFE GOES On no matter what happen with you in past and God has sent you on earth for some special purpose.” — Niishan Panwar
43. “It is hard to lose someone who meant everything to you and you just can’t live without them. But at the end you will get used to it and life goes on.” — Unknown
44. “Things change and friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody, and neither should you.” — Unknown
45. “You have to take the good with the bad, smile when you are sad, love what you’ve got and remember what you had. Always forgive but not forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret, people change, and things go wrong, just remember life goes on.” — Unknown
46. “When the pretty birds have flown, And you feel hurt and alone, Be strong and carry on, And remember that life goes on.” — Mouloud Benzadi
47. “She taught me that life goes on, and that I had a choice. To lament what I no longer have or be grateful for what remained.” — Unknown
48. “No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” — Maya Angelou
49. “Don’t wait for someone who has completely given up on you. Life goes on.” — Unknown
50. “It’s never nice to lose someone close to you; unfortunately, life goes on, and we have to make peace with it and move on.” — Francois Hougaard
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Other Mental health quotes which you may like
Below are other mental health quotes which may be of interest to you:
|Quotes About Resilience|
|Quotes for daily inspiration|
|Quotes from “The Notebook”|
|Ricky Gervais Quotes|
|Robin Williams Quotes|
With patience and perseverance, you will find an answer and a solution for everything that seems a real challenge in your life right now.
Don’t give up easily. You owe it to yourself to fight for good things.
You got this, you are the storm!