HumanMetrics (A complete guide)
In this guide, we discuss the HumanMetrics personality tests, the Humanmetrics Jung typology test, what they represent and their accuracy.
If you are curious about what personality type you may have, keep reading.
What is HumanMetrics?
Based in Canada and the US, the Humanmetrics group has been the leading provider of online personality tests and assessment tools since the early years of the Internet.
Founded in 1996 by Simon Kerbel, Ph.D., Humanmetrics has been providing online psychometric tools for:
- personal development and self-help
- applications in the workplace, entrepreneurship, and career development
- personality compatibility
- psychographics and consumer intelligence
Some popular personality tests that you can find on Humanmetrics include:
- Jung Typology Test™
- Jung Typology Test for Workplace™
- Risk Attitudes Profiler™
- Role Model Profiler™
- Jung Marriage Test™
- Small Business Entrepreneur Profiler™
- Jung Career Indicator™
- 1:1 Personality Compatibility Indicator™.
Humanmetrics team consists of experienced researchers and practitioners in the field of psychophysiology, industrial and organizational psychology, team dynamics, marketing, consumer analytics, and software engineering.
Humanmetrics has been actively contributing to research and education activities.
Personality tests that you can find on Humanmetrics
Keep reading what tests are available on Humanmetrics and what is their purpose, according to the Humanmentrics’s official website.
Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™
This free personality test is based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typological approach to personality.
Upon completion of the personality assessment questionnaire, you will:
- Obtain your 4-letter type formula according to Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typology, along with the strengths of preferences and the description of your personality type, communication and learning style
- Discover careers and occupations most suitable for your personality type, along with examples of educational institutions where you can get a relevant degree or training,
- See which famous personalities share your type,
- Use the results of this test with the Jung Marriage Test™ to assess long-term compatibility with your romantic partner.
What is Personality Type?
According to Jung’s theory of psychological type, people can be characterized using the following three criteria:
- Extraversion – Introversion
- Sensing – Intuition
- Thinking – Feeling
The three areas of preferences introduced by Jung are dichotomies (i.e. bipolar dimensions where each pole represents a different preference).
Humanmetrics Jung Marriage Test™
This test is the only test that assesses a relationship according to the renowned approach to personality introduced by Carl Jung and popularized by Isabel Briggs Myers, which gives a quantitative measure of partners’ compatibility.
The assessment framework used by the Jung Marriage Test is drawn from Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ personality type theories.
This framework regards personality as an information system with the following four components:
- The source and direction of information and energy expression.
- The method of information perception.
- The method of processing information.
- The form of information implementation.
The Jung Marriage Test assesses partners’ compatibility based on the match or harmony of their information systems, as expressed over multiple components:
- Sourcing reflects partners’ compatibility in terms of their source and direction of information and energy expression (extraversion or introversion).
- Perceiving reflects partners’ compatibility in terms of their method of information perceiving (sensing or intuition).
- Processing reflects partners’ compatibility in terms of their method of information processing (thinking or feeling).
- Implementing reflects partners’ compatibility in terms of their method of implementing information (judging or perceiving).
The overall informational compatibility score generated by this test is called MatchIndex. it indicates the degree of informational compatibility between romantic partners.
MatchIndex scores range from 0% (poor match) to 100% (good match).
Humanmetrics Entrepreneur Quiz
Knowing your entrepreneur type is crucial.
If the nature of the business you pursue does not match up your entrepreneur type, you run the risk of losing your business, the money and effort you have invested, never mind the frustration and loss of self-confidence. Take the Entrepreneur Quiz and discover:
- Most suitable business size
- Entrepreneur types
- Their descriptions including strong and weak points, necessary steps for success, and examples of favorable occupations these types are likely to succeed as entrepreneurs.
- Useful resources such as search of franchises
- Premium: granular assessment of your entrepreneur type – find your exact type and, if applicable, what kind of business partner, in terms of his or her entrepreneur type, you can benefit from partnering with, and examples of occupation for partnership.
According to Humanmetrics, there are 9 different entrepreneur types in terms of their entrepreneurial business personality portrait.
The entrepreneur types are grouped based on the largest most suitable magnitude of business – small, medium, or large – in terms of the number of employees, clients, size of communications and operations.
Humanmetrics Role Model Quiz
Each respondent’s risk profile will be compared to the risk profiles of 200 famous, well known, and notorious people (like Thomas Edison, Marilyn Monroe, Henry Ford, Mother Theresa, Albert Einstein, Princess Diana, Lewis Carroll, Margaret Thatcher, George W. Bush, JRR Tolkien, Martha Stewart, and many others).
Take the Role Model Quiz to generate:
- A list of prominent individuals,
- A quantitative measure of your risk profile’s similarity to those individuals,
- A list of your most suitable spheres of activity,
- Descriptions of your strengths.
It is clear just how important role models can be. Whether intentionally or not, we attempt to emulate their behavior, even though often our character traits have no reasonable correlation to those of our heroes, celebrities, or icons.
It is more advantageous to choose as a role model those whose traits are similar to our own.
Humanmetrics Risk Attitudes Profiler
This quiz identifies the strength of two opposing psychological qualities the respondent may have: aspiration for emotional order, peace and safety on the one hand and the need for a dynamic life, constant excitement, and risk-taking on the other.
The specific balance between them determines the person’s character, his or her lifestyle, and, to a large extent, the outcome of his or her life.
Take the free Risk Attitudes Quiz and get:
- A qualitative measure of your risk propensity;
- Risk types that comprise your risk profile;
- A summary of your personal risk types, including strengths and weaknesses.
- Your exact risk propensity index;
- The risk types in your risk profile and their relative strength;
- A complete description of your risk types including strengths and weaknesses, custom-tailored tips on personal growth, and strategies for successful behavior.
Humanmetrics Political Performance Indicator
The test evaluates the political performance of an individual.
This indicator was constructed by analyzing the biographies of the political leaders and juxtaposing their personality traits with the performance of their governments.
You may assess your own political performance as well as the political performance of a certain politician.
Would you like to assess the performance of the government of a certain politician or a candidate to a national leader answer the inventory questions for him?
You will receive reliable results if you know his biography and his behavior in the different situations well.
At the end of the test, you will obtain the political performance index, the political profile and the description of the traits that constitute it.
Humanmetrics jung typology test Visionary-Pragmatist Quiz
The Visionary-Pragmatist quiz is about the Vision-Pragmatism personality trait. This trait greatly influences people’s preferences in terms of lifestyle and business activity.
If you have a business and want to promote it, CrystalKnows is an online platform that integrates personality insights into all organisational processes.
This quiz will help you understand the extent of forward-thinking and focus on the future that is right for you.
Take the free Visionary – Pragmatist Quiz and discover:
- Are you a visionary or a pragmatic person, or somewhere in the middle?
- Personality profile describing your strong and weak points, and best-fit areas of activity.
- Examples of famous personalities that have visionary or pragmatic qualities similar to yours.
- Find your exact Vision-Pragmatism index score,
- Get tailored tips on personal growth, strategies for successful behavior, and
- An extended list of examples of famous personalities with similar visionary or pragmatic qualities.
Humanmetrics Assertiveness Test
The concept assertiveness deals with a few specific aspects of behavior. Most typical of them are the following: skill to declare one’s own position and firmly to protect it, skill to reject decisions which are imposed on you, ability to tell about your feelings towards somebody or something.
The behavior of the person concerning the named aspects can be aggressive, passive-aggressive, passive or assertive.
An aggressive person tries to force others to carry out his demands, not taking into account their opinion.
An individual who is passive-aggressive tries to force others to fulfill his desires, resorting to various manipulative methods.
Typical of passive behavior is that an individual tends to concede his rights, trying to avoid collisions at any cost.
He is not always ready to assert even those issues that he considers as important.
In assertive behavior, the person firmly protects his point of view, but at the same time, he respects the opinion and rights of other people.
The test reveals features of your behavior under the following four factors specific to the assertiveness concept: Communication, Conflict, Resistance to Influence, Coping with Criticism and an overall index – General Assertiveness.
In the test results, besides quantitative indexes and the descriptions of features of your behavior, you will find descriptions of methods of comprehension and development of the skills of assertive behavior concerning the four above-named factors.
Humanmetrics Morals Test
The issue of morals is one of the most fundamental in humanity.
Any society is built on an agreed understanding of what is good and what is bad, i.e. on an agreed understanding of morals.
Morals are not identical to laws.
They deal with a profound sense of the difference between good and evil. It is identical morals that secure any society.
The morals of different peoples and civilizations can be different. The given test is based on the ethical principles of European-American civilization.
Not all people do not always strictly adhere to the moral principles of a society. Quite often they deviate from them.
The significance and frequency of these deviations define the degree of morality of the individual.
The given test demonstrates four types of morality in individuals: highly moral, moral, morally ambiguous, and immoral.
As a result of the test, you will receive a quantitative estimate of how moral you are, and also the description of your moral type.
A sample of a quantitative part of the result of the test is presented below.
You can access the Humanmetrics blog for more information on:
- Conflict Management
- Employer-Employee Relationship: The Reciprocal Self-Deception
- 5 Leadership Techniques to Inspire Your Team
- Common Management Mistakes to Avoid Like the Plague
- A Positive Employee Lifecycle Starts with Your Hiring Process
In this article, we discussed the HumanMetrics set of personality tests, what they represent and how accurate are they.
We hope that you choose at least one or two tests that made you curious to find more about your personality traits and personal preferences.
Don’t forget to check the FAQ section for more information on HumanMetrics.
Please feel free to leave a comment or any questions in the comments section below.
FAQ about HumanMetrics
What is HumanMetrics?
HumanMetrics is an online relationships, personality and entrepreneur tests, personal solution center.
Which personality type is the rarest?
The rarest Myers-Briggs personality type is thought to be the INFJ, making up only 1-3 percent of the population.
What do the letters stand for in personality types?
The four letters in the personality type acronym corresponds to a person’s preference: “J” for judging and “P” for perception, “I” Introverted, “S” for Sensing, “T” for Thinking, “E” for Extraverted, “N” for iNtuitive, and “F” for Feeling.
Is the Myers Briggs test accurate?
The Myers Briggs test has a 90% accuracy rating and a 90% average test-retest correlation, “making it one of the most reliable and accurate personality assessments available.”
What is the smartest personality type?
The smartest MBTI type is likely to be one of the Ne thinkers (INTP or ENTP) or the INTJ.
What personality type is Obama?
The most popular belief is that Barack Obama has an ENFJ personality type.
A less popular, but credible case can also be made for Barack Obama having an MBTI ENTP personality type.
HumanMetrics.com – About us