In this article, we shall explain how you can cancel your subscription to Talkspace. We will also be looking at some of the best features of Talkspace that users have loved in the past. Furthermore, we will also discuss some of the limitations or disadvantages of using Talkspace for online therapy needs.
Talkspace, how to cancel subscription?
If you want to cancel your subscription to Talkspace, you can use these steps described below:
- You will need to first log in to your Talkspace account and click on your username which you will find located at the upper left part of your screen
- You will have an option for ‘Payment and plan’. Click on this
- In the page that opens up, choose the ‘Stop subscription renewal’ option and then click on ‘Cancel subscription renewal’
- If you are using Talkspace as part of your Employee Assistance Program, your account will automatically expire when your corporate plan does and thus, there is no need to cancel your account
- If you are using an Insurance based plan for Talkspace, you don’t need to necessarily cancel your account as you will not be charged without your prior knowledge
Best features of Talkspace
Talkspace provides a large collection of features and advantages to users who have chosen this platform for their mental health needs. Some of the best features and elements of Talkspace have been discussed in this section:
Talkspace makes therapy easy
While therapy is necessary and important for self-care and personal growth, there might be many hassles with initially starting therapy. An individual needs to find the right therapist, the right kind of therapy suited for them, understand their problems and also consider affordability. However, through Talkspace, all these steps become easy and efficient.
It can be accessed from anywhere
The platform aims to bring therapy right into the homes of users. And thus, users and clients need not travel anywhere to receive mental health care. They can get therapy and mental assistance easily since the platform can be accessed through any type of web browser and also downloaded and installed as an app on any device.
It creates a comfortable environment
There is something comforting about attending therapy sessions right from your very own home. While an external environment, even if it is a therapist’s office, can seem quite unfamiliar and even distressing, online therapy platforms like Talkspace and Betterhelp ensure more comfort and thus better quality of therapy for the users.
It has multiple modes of interaction
Talkspace actually allows multiple modes of interaction in the platform. While it is originally a text therapy platform, Talkspace also allows audio messaging and video messaging between the client and the therapist. In addition to this, there are also live sessions like live chats and video therapy sessions available, which users can opt from according to their needs and requirements.
It has tools and exercises
The platform has a wide range of tools and exercises which can bring about more clarity and higher self-awareness in users. There are various toolkits to discover mental health statuses, personalities and even mental illnesses. In addition to this, the users can also understand their progress levels in therapy a bit more through the various worksheets that are available.
It provides life advice
There are also many avenues and guides in Talkspace that provide excellent life advice that can be useful for clients in all areas of their life. This is important as multiple factors affect mental health and therapy alone is insufficient. Thus, the platform aims to provide guidance and assistance in legal matters, family matters and even career related matters.
It has therapy for youngsters
Talkspace also provides therapy and counseling for youngsters below the age of 18. This is important as many mental illnesses have their initial stages or root causes in these impressionable and sensitive ages. Also, adolescents typically suffer from many stresses and anxiety for which the platform can be of great help.
It has several plans
Talkspace is one of the leading online mental health platforms and also provides cost-effective plans for users. The plans don’t just differ in cost but also in features, which users can opt from according to their needs and preferences. There is an Unlimited Messaging Therapy Premium plan, a Plus plan and an Ultimate plan that users can choose from.
Limitations of Talkspace
While the platform is great, it also has some limitations which can discourage users from utilizing Talkspace. Some limitations that Talkspace has are:
- It cannot be used for a crisis or emergency situation and thus in these situations, users will need to turn elsewhere for treatment
- The live sessions, including the live chat and live video sessions are not available in all the plans that Talkspace provides
- The plans can also be quite expensive, especially if the user does not have any type of health insurance
- The system’s AI analyzes all the conversations in the platform, although with anonymity, to bring better services for clients. Not everybody will be okay with this
In this article, we have explained how you can cancel your subscription to Talkspace. We have also looked at some of the best features of Talkspace that users have loved in the past. Furthermore, we have also discussed some of the limitations or disadvantages of using Talkspace for online therapy needs.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions in the space below.