This article will explain how you can apply for financial aid in BetterHelp. We will also be looking at the various types of therapies that are offered by psychologists for different mental health problems. Lastly, we will be describing the different features that are present in the online therapy platform, BetterHelp.
Counseling is Key to a Healthy Marr...
Counseling is Key to a Healthy Marriage
How to apply for financial aid in BetterHelp?
Betterhelp offers online therapy sessions at very affordable prices. However, for those who are not able to afford the plans in BetterHelp, they can apply for financial aid or assistance in the platform. In order to apply for financial aid in BetterHelp, you will need to follow these steps given below:
- Go to the BetterHelp website and create an account
- While you are giving your details, you will be asked to provide employment status
- There will be several options to choose from, such as employed, unemployed, furloughed due to COVID-19, etc. Choose the one that closely applies to you
- In the next section, you will need to provide your payment details. Fill them out accordingly
- Once you have provided your payment details, you will be able to see the cost of your subscription. The platform will automatically reduce your fee if your response has been considered appropriate
- You will need to renew this financial assistance option every three months. The platform also encourage you to be as honest as possible so that the financial assistance goes to those who really cannot afford the therapy sessions
Types of therapies
Psychotherapy is an umbrella term and there are many different types of therapy that have originated from various schools of thought. They also differ based on the group that they are dealing with. The most common types of therapies that you definitely might have come across have been discussed in this section:
Psychodynamic therapy originates from the psychoanalytic school of thought. Here, the theory is that many of our actions and thought patterns are the result of subconscious conflicts. This therapy is pretty intensive and can actually go on for long periods of time. In psychodynamic therapy, the client is encouraged to freely express themselves to uncover deep conflicts.
Cognitive Behavioral therapy
Cognitive Behavioral therapy is perhaps the most common type of therapy. This can be used for a wide variety of mental health problems, including illnesses such as depression or anxiety. In CBT, the therapist helps the person become more aware of irrational thought patterns and behaviors and replace them with constructive and rational ones.
Behavioral therapy has a lot to do with our actions or behaviors. In this type of therapy, the person is taught to be more aware of their actions or behaviors and how it can create various consequences. It works very well particularly for behavioral disorders and even for the treatment of various phobias.
Dialectical Behavioral therapy
Dialectical Behavioral therapy is specifically meant for high-risk mental illnesses such as severe depression and even PTSD. Here, the client is encouraged to go through the emotional upheaval using the different coping mechanisms and strategies that are taught by the therapist. These exercises help the person take control of their emotions rather than shying away from them.
Family therapy can be great for those couples who are going through difficulties in their relationships. It works by helping the partners work on themselves as well as work on their relationship. It also provides the necessary coping strategies and communication exercises to help the individuals in the relationship understand each other better and develop themselves.
Group therapy is also another type of therapy. You might commonly know these as support groups which cover various mental issues, such as alcohol dependency or gambling. There are also interventional groups where the participants learn useful coping strategies and techniques that can help them combat their mental illnesses.
Furthermore, there is also a branch of psychotherapy specifically dedicated to teenagers between the ages of 13 years to 18 years. This type of therapy is necessary since adolescence can be a stressful time and many teenagers often start habits such as smoking or drug abuse at this age. Teens therapy can also be great for dealing with mental illnesses such as depression.
Features of BetterHelp
BetterHelp is a platform that offers online therapy services and caters to the mental health needs of millions. Some of the best features of this platform are:
- It offers financial assistance or financial aid for those who cannot afford therapy
- BetterHelp provides unlimited messaging between the client and their therapist. This can also be in various formats such as texting, audio messaging and even video messaging
- The platform also has different options for the live therapy sessions and they can be conducted as live chats, live audio and also live video sessions
- BetterHelp has high levels of security using encryption and firewalls to protect the data and information of the users
- It also provides additional resources such as digital worksheets and online journaling which can be useful both in therapy and outside of therapy sessions
- It is operated completely online and thus users can communicate with their therapists from anywhere
This article has explained how you can apply for financial aid in BetterHelp. We have also looked at the various types of therapies that are offered by psychologists for different mental health problems. Lastly, we have described the different features that are present in the online therapy platform, BetterHelp.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.