This article will highlight the payment model of Betterhelp and describe the different cost options available to pay and avail counseling services. Also, it will explain how to become a member of this platform and what benefits and services you get with this company. The article will also describe what Betterhelp basically is.
How Much Does Betterhelp Cost?
Depending on what payment plan you opt for the cost of availing services with Betterhelp can range from $60 to $90 however with their long term subscription models the cost can even go as low as $35.
In this section of the article, we will look at how much Betterhelp costs and what services are available to clients at this platform.
Here are the subscription packages available at Betterhelp:
- Weekly Plan It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well.
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client.
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap.
Now let us take a look at what services they offer at their platform for clients from all over the world:
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
Now that we have an idea of how much Betterhelp costs and what services it provides, we can introduce the reader to this online platform!
What Is Betterhelp?
Betterhelp is one of the largest online platforms that provides multiple services for all types of people who are suffering from mental health problems and require counseling. What is great about this service is that it is online hence it is available anywhere and every time. You do not have to go to the doctor’s office to get an appointment or wait in line for your turn. This is great if you feel pretty down and getting out of bed is a challenge for you!
With approximately 1700 licensed therapists available online at the click of a button, Betterhelp ensures that its clients receive the best help they can get by connecting them to professional therapists and counselors who know what they need to do This is apparent by the total number of sessions which Betterhelp has already conducted from their platform; a whopping 70 million sessions already completed! This is possible because the company understands the needs of clients well and hence provides therapy related services to them online and not just at physical location. In a world where things are changing constantly and the unknown is always around the corner, it is becoming more of a need rather than a desire to get services online and at your doorstep – we simply don’t have time nowadays!
Betterhelp recognizes everyone – they don’t discriminate. Whether you are a child who needs counseling or someone from a minority group or marginalized community, Betterhelp believes that no one should be kept away from getting the help they need! Also, Betterhelp recognizes the important diversity should be given; even though the differences don’t mean justify discrimination or leaving someone out, they do necessitate the special services we require. This includes people from all types of backgrounds.
When you visit their site, you will see that the company realizes the various situations you may be stuck in; you could be a child who needs help, a person in a relationship who feels they need to opt for couple therapy or an individual who is having a tough time facing their problems. The website also recognizes people who experience different feelings, thoughts and experiences compared to the vast majority of people; it does not judge a person based on how others are but how the person is themself! So don’t worry! You are in good hands at Betterhelp.
How Do You Pay For Betterhelp?
You can pay for services at Betterhelp through the following methods:
- Credit Card: This is one of the options you have through which you can pay for your membership at this online company that provides mental health services
- Paypal: It is an online payment method that the company accepts.
- Financial Aid: This is an option Betterhelp provides to individuals who are not in a position to avail mental health services due to financial limitations. This financial aid can reduce your counseling fees from $280 to as low as $216 but applies to people based on their financial status and income.
How Can You Sign Up To Betterhelp?
When you decide you want to sign up for mental health services at Betterhelp here is what you have to do:
- Fill Out An In Depth Questionnaire: They will ask you multiple questions to determine your own demographics, what you would like to see in your counselor, how bad is your mental health and what type of problems you are suffering with.
- Pairing You With A Counselor: At this point, you can be paired with a counselor in the matter of minutes or even hours. It depends on what is available and your location and preferences. This can be a long process for some people; primarily, people are assigned to counselors in their own states however if you are abroad and do not have counselors in your area you will be assigned to someone in another region.
- Begin Therapy: Once you are paired up with a counselor, you have access to talk to them anytime you want to. However, this depends on your payment preferences as in how much you want to pay and what subscription you avail. Furthermore, Betterhelp claims you can use a nickname when it comes to your counselor but while making payments your real information will be required.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Services At Betterhelp – There’s Something For Everyone
No one is without problems and every person, regardless of their age, gender, race and social, religious or cultural background face problems.
The following services are available at Betterhelp that make it valuable other than the usual services every online provider has:
- Group Sessions: People can participate in therapy sessions that are inclusive and led by an expert who manages conversations. These group sessions are attended by people who share some common elements.
- Easy To Switch Providers: If you are not happy with your provider you always have the option to change and choose a new counselor or therapist. This is an easy and swift process which Betterhelp facilitates.
- Messaging Any Time: As we said before, the benefit of choosing Betterhelp is that you are not limited by a certain number of sessions.
When it comes to choosing Betterhelp as your mental health service provider, the company makes sure you get value for the money you pay.
The article looked at how much it costs to avail services at the online platform of Betterhelp and also highlighted what services you can avail and for how long. Furthermore, the article not only looked at what Betterhelp basically is but also how you can sign up and what benefits you get.