This article will look at how much Betterhelp costs in Canada and do these peaceful and friendly people have any sort of benefits when availing the company’s services as Canadians? The article will also look at what services the company offers and provide an introduction to the online giant. Furthermore, the costs of the services of Betterhelp will be listed in this article and reasons for why one should use their services will be given.
How Much Does Betterhelp Cost In Canada?
It costs the same as anywhere else in the world does! There is no price discrimination done by Betterhelp on the basis of where you are based. However, sometime ago, the company teamed up with The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) to provide free mental health counseling for one month to anyone anywhere in the world. This is a great initiative started by a Canadian organisation which is accessible to anyone.
It is still not sure if the service is really applicable to all, especially during the covid era, and whether the person trying to avail it needs some certain criteria. Nonetheless, we will list done the prices of Betterhelps services right here:
Here are the subscription packages available at Betterhelp:
- Weekly Plan It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well.
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client.
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap.
Now let us take a look at what services they offer at their platform for clients from all over the world:
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
Like their services? Click here to sign up now!
Now that we have an idea of how much Betterhelp costs and what services it provides, we can introduce the reader to this online platform!
What Is Betterhelp?
Betterhelp is one of the largest online platforms that provides multiple services for all types of people who are suffering from mental health problems and require counseling. What is great about this service is that it is online hence it is available anywhere and every time. You do not have to go to the doctor’s office to get an appointment or wait in line for your turn. This is great if you feel pretty down and getting out of bed is a challenge for you!
With approximately 1700 licensed therapists available online at the click of a button, Betterhelp ensures that its clients receive the best help they can get by connecting them to professional therapists and counselors who know what they need to do This is apparent by the total number of sessions which Betterhelp has already conducted from their platform; a whopping 70 million sessions already completed! This is possible because the company understands the needs of clients well and hence provides therapy related services to them online and not just at physical location. In a world where things are changing constantly and the unknown is always around the corner, it is becoming more of a need rather than a desire to get services online and at your doorstep – we simply don’t have time nowadays!
Betterhelp recognizes everyone – they don’t discriminate. Whether you are a child who needs counseling or someone from a minority group or marginalized community, Betterhelp believes that no one should be kept away from getting the help they need! Also, Betterhelp recognizes the important diversity should be given; even though the differences don’t mean justify discrimination or leaving someone out, they do necessitate the special services we require. This includes people from all types of backgrounds.
When you visit their site, you will see that the company realizes the various situations you may be stuck in; you could be a child who needs help, a person in a relationship who feels they need to opt for couple therapy or an individual who is having a tough time facing their problems. The website also recognizes people who experience different feelings, thoughts and experiences compared to the vast majority of people; it does not judge a person based on how others are but how the person is themself! So don’t worry! You are in good hands at Betterhelp.
How Can You Pay For Betterhelp?
So for our Canadian friends, there are a number of options you can avail when paying for Betterhelp which we will explain below:
- Credit Card
- Financial Aid
Betterhelp accepts limited forms of payment only because it is servicing people from across the world and it is not easy to manage financial transactions across so many platforms. It is possible it may offer more options to pay soon.
When it comes to credit card payment, here the client must provide their real information apart from when they actually use the service – at that time they can actually use a nickname when interacting with their counselor to conceal their identity. Another pay method they recognize is paypal although this payment method may not be possible or available in many countries.
Individuals trying to avail these services can also apply for financial aid. This is an option Betterhelp provides to individuals who are not in a position to avail mental health services due to financial limitations. This financial aid can reduce your counseling fees from $280 to as low as $216 but applies to people based on their financial status and income.
Lastly, thanks to CanWaCH, people can avail free counseling for one month as soon as they start. This is a good opportunity for people especially those who are suffering from mental health issues during numerous lockdowns and have also lost their job.
Why Should Canadians Opt For Betterhelp?
No one is without problems and every person, regardless of their age, gender, race and social, religious or cultural background face problems – even our friendly Canadians.
The following services are available at Betterhelp that make it valuable other than the usual services every online provider has:
- Group Sessions: People can participate in therapy sessions that are inclusive and led by an expert who manages conversations. These group sessions are attended by people who share some common elements.
- Easy To Switch Providers: If you are not happy with your provider you always have the option to change and choose a new counselor or therapist. This is an easy and swift process which Betterhelp facilitates.
- Messaging Any Time: As we said before, the benefit of choosing Betterhelp is that you are not limited by a certain number of sessions.
Are you interested in Betterhelps services? Why not sign up today and start your journey towards better mental health!
This article clarified that the services for Betterhelp cost the same for people living in Canada as they cost for people around the globe. It also highlighted why Canadians should opt for this company’s services and what services it provides at what costs. The article also introduced the company and it’s partnership with The Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) to provide free counseling for one month to anyone present anywhere.