How is BetterHelp? (+3 BetterHelp alternatives)
This article will look at how BetterHelp is. We will understand this question better by looking at the various features of this platform that serve as major advantages and benefits for its clients. We shall also be discussing some of its limitations while mentioning some worthwhile alternatives to this amazing platform.
How is BetterHelp?
BetterHelp is indeed a great platform for anyone who is seeking online therapy. This platform not only serves as an amazing platform for those who are looking for solutions for mental health problems. It also is a superb workplace for thousands of therapists. BetterHelp ensures affordable and accessible therapy for everyone and anyone.
Best features of BetterHelp
BetterHelp provides plenty of great features that clients will tremendously enjoy. The best features of BetterHelp have been described in the section below:
BetterHelp offers financial assistance
BetterHelp has very affordable subscriptions which are very cost-effective in comparison to in-person therapy. In addition to this, BetterHelp also provides financial assistance or financial aid for those who are unemployed or have low-income jobs and thus find affordability an issue in the platform.
BetterHelp can be accessed from anywhere
The best thing about BetterHelp is that it can be accessed and used from anywhere as long as the client has access to reliable internet connection and a compatible device. This makes it highly convenient in COVID-19 times since people do not want to go out for fear of getting infected. This can also be more suitable than traditional therapy for those who are disabled.
It is HIPAA compliant
The technology that BetterHelp uses is very safe and secure and completely HIPAA compliant. HIPAA compliance is a requirement for all healthcare platforms that provide services online in order to ensure that the identity and information of the user is concealed. BetterHelp, thus, has been fitted with end to end encryptions and multi-step authentications.
It provides a safe environment
While the technology that BetterHelp provides for its clients and therapists is certainly secure, there is also more physical safety for the users since everything is done remotely. This can be comforting to those clients who are victims of violence or assault and thus might not feel safe in a room alone with a semi-stranger.
It brings a better client-therapist fit
The rapport between the client and the therapist needs to be solid for the intervention to be constructive. This fit is encouraged in BetterHelp through the use of a smart algorithm. It picks up the information fed by the user to find a suitable therapist for them in its directories. Clients can also choose their own therapists if they wish to.
It offers couples therapy
The platform additionally offers couples therapy for its users. Couples therapy is not only recommended for those pairs who are going through difficulties in their relationships. It is also great for those who are planning on getting married to each other since it deepens the level of understanding and also equips couples with the right communication skillsets.
It has teens therapy
BetterHelp further provides therapy for teenagers between the ages of 13 years to 18 years. These age groups often go through high levels of stress and anxiety related to their education, families and even peers. Therapy can provide the right emotional support and guidance that these adolescents require.
Limitations of BetterHelp
While BetterHelp is definitely a superb option for anyone who is looking for online therapy, it still has some limitations like:
- BetterHelp does not provide insurance coverage for its plans. And thus, many users might feel it is still expensive. The financial aid is also limited to only a few categories and not for everyone. While it certainly reduces the costs of subscription by up to 25 per cent, the platform may still be costly for many.
- BetterHelp also does not have psychiatry services which are necessary for many mental health illnesses such as severe depression, anxiety and schizophrenia. And thus, those who require medication will have to seek them out elsewhere and only use this platform for their therapy needs.
- The platform is also listed as a telehealth service and thus federal laws and regulations do not allow its therapists to issue diagnoses or even formal certificates such as emotional support animal (ESA) letters.
Alternatives to BetterHelp
There are many other online therapy platforms that mirror many of the features that BetterHelp offers. The best of these have been listed below:
- Talkspace: Talkspace is an online therapy platform that also offers psychiatry services. Thus, it becomes useful for those who require a combination of psychotherapy as well as medications or drugs.
- Cerebral: This platform offers both therapy as well as psychiatry. The plans here are covered by insurance and the medications are directly shipped to the home of the user, thus creating more convenience.
- Calmerry: Calmerry is another online therapy platform that brings clients and therapists closer together through the use of a systematic approach. This platform has a large network of therapists who can cater to the various mental health needs and requirements of the users at any time and anywhere.
This article has looked at how BetterHelp is. We have understood this question better by looking at the various features of this platform that serve as major advantages and benefits for its clients. We have also discussed some of its limitations while mentioning some worthwhile alternatives to this amazing platform.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.