How do I upload a spreadsheet to monday.com? (+3 benefits)
This article will explain how you can upload a spreadsheet to monday.com. We shall also look at the different steps involved in importing your data through a spreadsheet in Excel. Furthermore, we will be discussing the various benefits that spreadsheets can bring for project management. Lastly, we shall also describe some of the benefits of using monday.com in organizations.
How do I upload a spreadsheet to monday.com?
If you want to upload a spreadsheet to monday.com, you can easily do so by importing information from Excel. Just follow these simple steps listed below and you are good to go.
- Click on your avatar that is located at the bottom left corner of your screen. From the options that open up, you can select ‘Import Data’.
Picture credit: monday.com
- You can then choose ‘Excel’ from the options that come on the screen in the next window.
- You can either drag and drop the spreadsheet from your device or browse your folders from the pop up on your screen.
- You can then click on the ‘Let’s customize your new board’ to make necessary adjustments according to your needs and requirements.
- You will need to click on the row in your spreadsheet that will become the heading for the columns on your new board. And then you can click on ‘Next’.
- Choose the column that you want to make the first one in your board and click on ‘Next’.
- You can also change the column type manually according to your preferences. Some of the column types that you can use are the Number column, Status column, Email column and also the Date column.
- You can then click on the ‘Create Board’ option.
- If you don’t want to create a new board and instead import the data into an existing board, you will need to click on the ‘New Item’ option that is present at the top of your board. From the menu, choose ‘Import items’.
- You will be directed to another screen from where you can drag and drop the spreadsheet that you want. You can also browse your folders through the ‘Click to browse’ option and then click ‘Next’.
- From the Excel document choose the column that you want to make as the item name in your monday.com board.
- You can then create the other columns for your board in the next screen that will appear.
Benefits of using spreadsheets for project management
Let’s look at some of the benefits of using spreadsheets for project management.
Spreadsheets can bring better organization
With the help of spreadsheets, teams can work in a better organized and more synchronized manner. Spreadsheets can use the large amount of information that teams work with together in a simplified manner and make it easily visible. Since the information is well-coordinated, teams can work with more productivity and coordination.
They can direct in budgeting
Budgeting is essential for organizations. However, it might be tricky to create the right budget as it involves a lot of calculations and formulae. With the help of the features that most spreadsheets allow, teams can easily create budgets through the help of spreadsheets, allowing them to cut costs and generate more profit.
They can give plenty of info
Information is important for teams to work with. This is even more important for certain sectors such as Sales and Marketing who rely on trustworthy information to create stronger work flows and work processes. Spreadsheets can allow teams to deeply probe the info and gain insight of patterns and behaviors through data.
They are quite cost effective
Most spreadsheets are practically free of cost and thus can be extremely cost effective for teams and organizations. More so, these platforms can be easily accessed and used for a wide range of purposes across many business verticals. All these features come at practically no cost to the company, making spreadsheets even more valuable and appealing.
Benefits of using monday.com in organizations
monday.com, as a project management and work management tool can bring plenty of benefits for organizations and teams. Some of these benefits are:
It can increase workplace collaboration
Effective and efficient collaboration between teams and team members is highly important in any organization as it leads to better productivity and work efficiency. Furthermore, collaboration can also generate better creativity and innovation. Monday.com facilitates better collaboration through board comments, updates sections and even through tagging.
It has plenty of templates
In a bid to reduce the workload of teams and team members, monday.com provides a wide range of ready to use templates that employees can easily make use of. These templates cover literally any type of task or assignment for any type of industry. Teams can also choose to create their own templates and use these for their work processes and workflows.
It can be easily integrated
Since teams work with multiple project tools at once, it is necessary for all of these to be synced and coordinated well. Otherwise, it can lead to a lot of waste of time and effort just to keep switching back and forth between tools. monday.com’s Integration Center has more than 40 integrations with apps and tools that teams will find quite handy.
This article has explained how you can upload a spreadsheet to monday.com. We have also looked at the different steps involved in importing your data through a spreadsheet in Excel. Furthermore, we have discussed the various benefits that spreadsheets can bring for project management. Lastly, we have also described some of the benefits of using monday.com in organizations.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.
New feature: import any spreadsheet from Excel