How do I start a Talkspace? (+5 tips for online therapy)
This article will explain how you can start a Talkspace account. We will also be looking at some tips that can help you get the best out of online therapy. Lastly, we will be describing the various advantages that Talkspace can provide for therapy. Talkspace is one of the leading platforms that provide online therapy at affordable prices.
How do I start a Talkspace?
If you want to start a Talkspace account, all that you need to do is to sign up. You can do this by following these steps described below:
- You can go to the Talkspace homepage, and then click on ‘Get Started’
- You can additionally download and install the Talkspace app on your smart device, that can greatly improve the convenience and ease of use
- You will then be required to enter your email address and create a password
- Next, you will need to create your username for Talkspace that your provider will identify you by
- In the next step, a consulting therapist from Talkspace will introduce the various plans of Talkspace and also help you choose the right one that suits your mental health needs and requirements
- You will then be matched with a Talkspace provider through the unique algorithm that Talkspace uses and can start your therapy immediately
Tips to get the best out of online therapy
There are plenty of platforms that provide online therapy services, since online therapy itself has been making waves in recent years. Online therapy is a tad different from in-person therapy, and new users of this can find it sometimes tricky. In this section, we will look at a few tips and strategies that you can use in order to get the best out of online therapy.
Understand what you are going to therapy for
It is important for you to first be aware of why you are going to therapy in the first place. It does not need to be a clinical diagnosis, but you need to understand your problems and issues as much as you can. Going to therapy just because you feel like it can end up wasting your time as well as that of the therapist and thus understanding your needs and requirements is very important.
Choose the right therapist
You also need to choose the right therapist who is going to help you achieve your goals. In this case, online therapy is superb as most of these platforms have a large number of therapists working for them and also have many algorithms and tools that bring about a better client-therapist fit.
Choose the right format of therapy
Online therapy offers various formats and modes of communication and this high level of flexibility is why this form of therapy has become so widely popular. Platforms like Talkspace and Betterhelp allow their users to communicate with their therapists through text messaging, audio messaging, video messaging and even live sessions. Find the format that suits you best.
Set goals for yourself
Once you understand your issues and problems and know what you want out of therapy, you also need to set the right goals for yourself. Setting goals will help you and your therapist lead the interventions in a certain direction. Goals can also help you track your progress and keep record of major milestones in the therapy.
Keep a therapy journal
It is also advisable for you to keep a therapy journal so that you can record your thoughts and feelings regularly. You can also record key takeaway points and conclusions that result from your therapy sessions. Going through this journal will help you in reflection and can also bring a lot more responsibility and accountability.
Set aside a time and space for therapy
Since online therapy is not conducted in the therapist’s office, you will need to set aside a space in your home for your therapy sessions. If your home is not exactly a peaceful environment, you can always choose another location where you will not be disturbed. Choosing the right time slot where you can concentrate better can also be quite helpful for therapy delivery.
Advantages of Talkspace for therapy
Talkspace can provide a large number of advantages and benefits that can help its users. Some of these advantages are:
- Talkspace can be used from anywhere and everywhere and thus becomes highly convenient for those in remote locations and also for those who cannot leave the house on a regular basis
- The plans of Talkspace are quite cost-effective and can also be covered by insurance, and thus mental health care becomes a lot more affordable for many users
- Talkspace provides strong security and safety features so that the sensitive data and information of users is well-protected
- The platform also has features for teens therapy that can be very helpful for those between the ages of 13 to 18 years
- It additionally provides couples therapy and family therapy for those who want to make their relationships stronger and more meaningful
- Talkspace also has an amazing sleep program for a period of eight-weeks that can help the participants get better rest
- The platform allows users to communicate through various formats such as text, audio and video messaging as well as live sessions
This article has explained how you can start a Talkspace account. We have also looked at some tips that can help you get the best out of online therapy. Lastly, we have described the various advantages that Talkspace can provide for therapy.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.