This article will explain how you can schedule an appointment with Talkspace. We will also be looking at some of the benefits that in-person therapy can provide over online therapy. In addition to this, we will also be looking at the advantages that a platform like Talkspace can bring to those seeking therapy.
How do I schedule an appointment with Talkspace?
If you want to schedule a live session with your provider in Talkspace, all that you need to do is to follow these steps which have been described below:
- You will need to log into your Talkspace account
- You will then need to go to the ‘Tools’ section of Talkspce and click on ‘Live sessions’
- In the page that is titled ‘Room details’, click on the ‘Book session’ option
- In the next step, you will need to choose the length of the session that you want to have, and also the format of the session (chat, audio or video)
- You can then choose an appropriate date for the session and also the right timing
- In the final page, review the details of your live session and then click on ‘Reserve session’
Benefits of in-person therapy over online therapy
Even though online therapy has become quite appealing in recent times, in-person therapy or traditional therapy still has its advantages. Let’s look at some of these advantages in the section below:
It allows better non-verbal communication
Non-verbal communication is an important part of the communication process itself. Many therapists pick up important issues just by reading the non-verbal communication of the client. Clients are more convinced when they pick up on non-verbal cues by the therapist. However, this may be difficult to establish in online therapy.
It can be conducted in a safe space
While for many their home might be a safe space, for many this does not ring true. In fact, many clients face a lot of stress and anxiety in their own homes and thus would prefer a safe space away from their homes for therapy. Many of them also live in households filled with domestic violence and squabbles which cannot be great for effective therapy.
The office itself can be therapeutic
Many individuals seek the comfort and solace of the therapist’s office more than the therapy session itself. This is because therapists often go to great lengths in bringing the right utilities and accessories that can make therapy highly effective and successful. Therapists can also use various resources in their office like music and art to deliver a more meaningful intervention.
Insurance coverage is guaranteed
Yes, therapy is quite expensive. However, most licensed therapists offer insurance coverage for their sessions, which can significantly lower the costs of therapy. This makes mental health care easily affordable for those who have the right insurance providers. However, very few online therapy platforms offer insurance coverage, one among them being Talkspace.
There is no need for technology
Online therapy requires a lot of technology and also runs through stable and strong internet connections. Technology can face glitches and issues which many find uncomfortable to encounter. On the other hand, in-person therapy requires no technology at all, which can be great for those who find themselves not so tech-savvy or technophobic.
Relationships are built better
Client-therapist relationship is the cornerstone of effective therapy and therapists try very hard to create the right relationship with their client so that the intervention is successful. Many still feel that relationships are built better when in-person as compared to those through online formats and thus in-person therapy is still being the first choice for many who are seeking therapy.
Advantages of Talkspace
Talkspace can bring a plethora of advantages and benefits for its users, such as:
- The platform has several plans from which users can choose from according to their needs and requirements. There are plans which offer solely messaging therapy and then there are those which also offer live sessions for users.
- The plans of Talkspace are pretty cost-effective as compared to in-person therapy and can also be easily covered through insurance, which can be a great advantage for those who are finding affordability an issue.
- Talkspace is also completely HIPAA compliant and thus offers the highest security in order to safeguard the information and data of the users.
- Talkspace also offers Teens therapy and Couples therapy in addition to individual counseling.
- Furthermore, the platform has a Sleep Program that can be useful for those who are struggling with sleep and rest. This eight-week program uses behavioral strategies to help users get some solid sack time.
- Talkspace has a large number of therapists working with it, and thus users have a better chance of a great client-therapist fit. Also, due to the large number of therapists, switching therapists can also be done easily.
Alternative to Talkspace
In addition to Talkspace, there are plenty of other online therapy platforms that have similar features. The best among these is easily Betterhelp which offers not only individual therapy, but also couples therapy, teens therapy and family therapy. The platform also has features for group therapy where the therapist conducts live sessions at least once a week.
This article has explained how you can schedule an appointment with Talkspace. We have also looked at some of the benefits that in-person therapy can provide over online therapy. In addition to this, we have also looked at the advantages that a platform like Talkspace can bring to those seeking therapy.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.