This article will explain the different ways you can cancel your subscription on Betterhelp and hence stop availing their services. Furthermore, the article will highlight reasons why you may want to cancel your membership and what other options you have when it comes to availing online help for your mental health. The article will introduce readers to Betterhelp and what services they offer when you are their member.
How Do I Quit Betterhelp?
There are a number of ways you can cancel your subscription from this platform such as:
- Use Your Account
- Betterhelp’s Online Contact Form
- Email Customer Service
Before we look at these 3 methods, we will introduce the audience to Betterhelp and it’s services.
What Is Betterhelp?
Betterhelp is one of the largest online platforms that provides multiple services for all types of people who are suffering from mental health problems and require counseling. What is great about this service is that it is online hence it is available anywhere and every time. You do not have to go to the doctor’s office to get an appointment or wait in line for your turn. This is great if you feel pretty down and getting out of bed is a challenge for you!
With approximately 1700 licensed therapists available online at the click of a button, Betterhelp ensures that its clients receive the best help they can get by connecting them to professional therapists and counselors who know what they need to do This is apparent by the total number of sessions which Betterhelp has already conducted from their platform; a whopping 70 million sessions already completed! This is possible because the company understands the needs of clients well and hence provides therapy related services to them online and not just at physical location. In a world where things are changing constantly and the unknown is always around the corner, it is becoming more of a need rather than a desire to get services online and at your doorstep – we simply don’t have time nowadays!
Betterhelp recognizes everyone – they don’t discriminate. Whether you are a child who needs counseling or someone from a minority group or marginalized community, Betterhelp believes that no one should be kept away from getting the help they need! Also, Betterhelp recognizes the important diversity should be given; even though the differences don’t mean justify discrimination or leaving someone out, they do necessitate the special services we require. This includes people from all types of backgrounds.
When you visit their site, you will see that the company realizes the various situations you may be stuck in; you could be a child who needs help, a person in a relationship who feels they need to opt for couple therapy or an individual who is having a tough time facing their problems. The website also recognizes people who experience different feelings, thoughts and experiences compared to the vast majority of people; it does not judge a person based on how others are but how the person is themself! So don’t worry! You are in good hands at Betterhelp.
Services At Betterhelp – Make Sure You Avail Them!
Before you consider canceling your subscription as a member at Betterhelp, take a quick look at the services they offer their members at very low costs!
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
Like we said their services do not cost much! Take a look:
- Weekly Plan It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well.
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client.
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
How To Cancel Your Membership At Betterhelp
Use Your Account
You can simply use your account to cancel your subscription to the online mental health service. You just need to login and go to your account settings. From there choose the payment settings option tap on ‘Change Plan Or Quit Counseling’. You will be requested to share the reason why you want to quit the counseling sessions you have access to. Once you have shared a reason, hit ‘Quit Counseling’! Voila! You have successfully canceled your membership.
Betterhelp’s Online Contact Form
Here you can access their contact form which also allows you to cancel your subscription. All you have to do is provide basic information such as your name and email ID and explain why you want to quit the counseling services. Click on submit and the online company will process your request.
Email Customer Service
Another way to cancel a subscription would be to use their email option; all you need to do is send an email at [email protected] and ask them to cancel your subscription and they will do just that!
Reasons For Canceling Subscription At Betterhelp – A Mystery?
Here are a number of reasons why someone would consider canceling their subscription:
- They Are Healthy: Sometimes people cancel their subscription because they no longer need mental health services that are provided at the online platform. This is great news not only for the company because they have achieved their goal with the help of their service providers and improved the mental well being of their clients
- Generic Answers: Clients have complained that the responses they get from their counselors are generic and not meaningful or catered to their situation; especially if they are availing services through chatting sessions or chat rooms. Not satisfied with the services, clients choose to cancel the subscription
- No Suitable Counselor: Many people may cancel their subscription because they feel that they are not able to find a suitable counselor. Although Betterhelp makes an attempt to pair you with the best counselor for you based on your preferences, location and needs, the service may not always be successful
- Online Therapy Not Your Thing: It is true but therapy online may not suit everyone. Being in a session, a physical one, is often something people need to open up and they may find it hard to communicate with someone who is not in the same room with them. Hence, after realizing this, they may want to cancel their subscription.
- You Require Serious Help: One thing clients may realize is that they require more help in terms of their mental health; they may be suffering from a serious mental disorder that requires a proper diagnosis, treatment and physical check-ups. All that is not possible in the online world.
- Financial Issues: Although Betterhelp is relatively affordable and also offers financial aid, everyone may not be in a good or stable position always; they may be saving up for an important event and may not have the cash or the savings to invest in their mental health. So, they may decide to cancel the subscription and sign up another time when they have money and not other commitments.
Other Options – Not Happy With Betterhelp?
It is possible you are canceling your subscription at Betterhelp because you are not happy with their services. There are many other online companies that offer mental health services to people as well.
Here are a few:
- 7 Cups Of Tea
This article helped the audience understand how they can cancel their subscription at Betterhelp and what the possible reasons could be for doing so. The article also introduced the audience to Betterhelp and outlined their services and their costs with the intention of giving them a holistic understanding of the topic. Furthermore, the article listed other options clients had compared to Betterhelp.