This article will tell you how you can avail discounts on your services availed at the online company Betterhelp. Furthermore, the article will point out why Betterhelp provides discounts to its clients and what are the benefits of these discounts. It will also highlight the services and their actual costs so that the audience has a complete understanding of the topic under discussion.
How Do I Get Betterhelp Discount?
You can get a discount at Betterhelp by:
- Applying For Financial Aid
- Signing Up Through The Betterhelp & CanWaCH Initiative
We will comment on both options that are available for use by existing or potential clients of Betterhelp.
Applying For Financial Aid
Betterhelp offers financial aid to those who are in need of it through a relatively simple process. The online mental health company acknowledges the fact that many people are in tight financial circumstances either because of their current mental health or their inability to find a job. Nonetheless, the company offers financial aid for such people in need.
While applying for membership, people can opt for this option and increase their chances of getting this benefit. In the initial questionnaire the company asks you to fill out that gathers basic information on you – especially so they can match you with the ideal counselor – you can better represent your financial position here too because they ask whether you are employed or not. It also asks if you currently have any financial difficulties. This is a good way to increase your chances of getting the financial aid they offer.
When you proceed to the section where they ask for payment details, look for the option of ‘Apply For Financial Aid’ and click on it. This will ask you further questions about your income and ability to pay for the services. They will then provide financial relief to you that can cause your counseling fees to drop from $280 to as low as $216 based on your location, financial position and income.
Signing Up Through The Betterhelp & CanWaCH Initiative
Thanks to CanWaCH, people can avail free counseling for one month as soon as they start. This is a good opportunity for people especially those who are suffering from mental health issues during numerous lockdowns and have also lost their job.
The Canadian Partnership For Women And Children’s Health has hence teamed up with the online mental health counseling platform to provide counseling services to people in their own language or a language that they prefer. As mentioned, this initiative will provide an entire month’s counseling free.
Not only will this allow people to take up more health services especially during a time when there are numerous and repeated lockdowns but also, it will increase traffic to Betterhelp’s website and give people a taste of the help they had always needed.
Why Offer A Discount?
There are numerous reasons – some obvious while others not – as to why Betterhelp would offer a discount to it’s clients for the services it offers.
Let us take a look at a few:
- Unable To Afford Services
- Promote Services
- Betterhelp Discourages Insurance
- Betterhelp May Not Be Eligible For FSA Or TRICARE
Unable To Afford Services
One of the obvious reasons why this company offers a discount for its online services is because many people across the globe are suffering from immense mental health problems that not only affect them as a person but also their family, job and social life. They experience much difficulty in maintaining their financial position that may actually be deteriorating day by day.
Keeping this in mind and the objective of the online giant, Betterhelp feels it is their responsibility to ensure people get the help they need even if it means reducing the cost of their services for these deserving individuals. This is why they offer discounts so that people can get out of the vicious cycle of poverty, difficulty or mentally challenging situations and grow.
Some people find it hard to spend money on a service they do not know much about especially if they are facing difficulty in earning for themselves or are unemployed. Their financial situation may be way better than those who actually need a discount but still, they need a push to make things work for them.
Hence, the company provides some discount for such individuals so they can realize the worth of these services and avail them in a satisfied and confident manner.
Betterhelp Discourages Insurance
The company generally does not encourage clients to apply for insurance to avail it’s services due to a number of reasons like:
- Health insurance plans have partial or limited coverage so it really isn’t useful. Most of the time they do not fully cover the costs and one ends up doing much paperwork to get very little benefit.
- In the case that your health insurance plan covers all costs of the services, the co-pay of insurance may be higher than the entire cost of Betterhelp’s services – this is due to the generally low cost services of Betterhelp due to it’s online nature and ease of accessibility for all. So, it is better not to avail insurance because you may end up paying way more to get the insurance compared to the actual costs of the services.
- Clients at Betterhelp may not be able to use insurance because insurance companies often require that the diagnosis of a patient and their future treatment plans are sent to them. However, at Betterhelp service providers are not allowed to diagnose patients for a number of reasons. The service providers are also not allowed to prescribe drugs. As said before, insurance companies require some sort of documentation or proof that a person is indeed eligible for insurance.
Hence, as an alternative, possibly a psychological tactic, they offer the option of financial aid because often people do not realize that something that seems beneficial – like insurance – may end up costing them more.
Betterhelp May Not Be Eligible For FSA Or TRICARE
TRICARE is a health program for uniformed service members, their families and retirees across the world. It covers health programs, dental plans, prescriptions, special programs and now even telemental health counseling!
This initiative aims to provide assistance to the military association by fostering, protecting, sustaining and restoring health – both physical and mental. This plan covers those who are active personnel, have medically retired or are survivors and are simply retirees.
However, this service may require the applicant to pay a certain cost of the health plan in the form of coinsurance or copayments which depends on who you are and what plan you are applying for.
FSA is a healthcare pre-tax benefit which is used to pay for medical related costs such as the treatment itself or any costs incurred – costs that are not covered by other plans or insurance and are basically out of the pocket in nature. It helps you save your money and use it wisely in your priority areas.
Not all services qualify for FSA. It is a fund that aims to help people cover their medical expenses. Hence, it will deal with issues that are directly related to factors that affect one’s body and not necessarily the mind.
However, when it comes to Betterhelp – a platform indeed – the company strongly discourages service providers from diagnosing patients or prescribing drugs. There are a number of reasons behind this and it can affect mental health in a negative way as well – hence the platform discourages it. Hence, as it is apparent, if Betterhelp discourages such activities on it’s platform then it will be difficult for clients to use their FSA funds for the services they avail because it is unlikely they will receive diagnoses or drug prescriptions – factors that prove you are eligible for FSA usage.
Do You Really Need A Discount?
Let us take a look at what services the company provides at what costs so you can decide if you really need a discount or not!
How does Betterhelp reach out to its clients? Let us take as look at the following to find out:
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
Are you interested in the services Betterhelp provides? Do you want to sign up or check out their website? Don’t waste any time and click here.
Depending on what payment plan you opt for the cost of availing services with Betterhelp can range from $60 to $90 however with their long term subscription models the cost can even go as low as $35.
In this section of the article, we will look at how much Betterhelp costs and what services are available to clients at this platform.
Here are the subscription packages available at Betterhelp:
- Weekly Plan It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well.
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client.
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap.
Think the packages are affordable and meet your needs. Find out more and apply today by clicking here!
This article looked at how one can avail a discount from the company for its service on mental health counseling. It also highlighted the reasons as to why someone would need a discount and why would Betterhelp offer it. It also provided an outline on the services and their costs so people could decide whether or not they really require a discount.