How do I create a monday.com template? (+7 advantages)
This article will describe how you can create a monday.com template for your team’s needs. We shall be listing the different steps involved in this. Additionally, we shall also list the various features of monday.com that help in content management and some of the alternative tools and apps that can be used by content management teams.
How do I create a monday.com template?
The best way to create a monday.com template is to just transform your boards into a template. To do this, you can follow the steps given below:
- On your board, click on the three dot menu. You can find this located at the top right corner of your screen.
- From the drop down menu, choose the option ‘More actions’. From the resulting options select ‘Save as a template’.
Picture credit: monday.com
- Your board would have been saved as a template which you can easily access through the Template center.
- You can access the Template center from clicking on ‘Add’ that is placed at the top of the board. Click on the ‘Choose from templates’ option that will open the Template center.
- Once you find the template that you want to use in your work processes, hover it and click on ‘Use’. If you want some more information about the template, you can also choose ‘Preview’.
- monday.com also lets you easily customize and individualize your templates so that you can adapt the platform to suit your needs and requirements.
monday.com for content management
Content management is serious business for teams of large sizes. Companies depend on content management for marketing and promoting brand awareness and also brand value. Teams usually use content management systems or project management systems like monday.com for this. Some of the advantages of using monday.com for content management are:
It is simple to use
The platform is quite obvious and the features are highly visible for teams to use. Even those who are new to the platform can easily master monday.com in a short span of time. The interface is also filled with colors and color codes that can make even the bleakest Monday look like a bright day of summer.
It can make teams more productive
Teams become highly productive when they are provided with the right tools and resources. They also need plenty of information and data to work with. Since all this and more is possible in monday.com, teams that work with this platform become highly productive. Thus both the shared goals and individual goals are achieved on time and with better effort.
It can increase collaboration
Collaboration can be increased with the help of monday.com. The platform understands that collaboration needs to be encouraged through many mediums and methods. Thus teams, even those who are remotely located can communicate with each other through the updates section, the board comments and through tagging.
Teams get clear overviews
Overviews of projects bring teams together so that they are all on the same page, despite having individual tasks and assignments. A tool becomes highly important when team members are placed in different time zones, and face to face collaboration becomes impossible. Features like Gantt charts and Kanban boards can bring teams better overviews of their projects.
monday.com provides plenty of information
Information and data can make content management teams highly successful and also quite efficient in their work. Data can also provide teams with multiple perspectives and angles, which is absolutely essential for teams who are churning out content. monday.com can be useful for this through its highly intuitive dashboard.
Help can be brought in
It always helps to bring in extra troops for assistance or even to get another perspective on a topic or an issue. The project may also need to be shared with clients or stakeholders so that there is better communication and more alignment between team members. For this, monday.com allows viewers to come in and take a look at shareable boards and items.
Automations can be set up
Repetitive tasks are the bane of all productivity and creativity. Content management teams who are dealing with plenty of repetitive tasks and actions will find that monday.com can clearly help in reducing their workloads and giving them more time to focus on constructive tasks. In this platform, automations can easily be set up for repetitive tasks with customizations.
Alternative tools for content management
Some of the alternative tools that can be used for content management are listed below:
- WordPress has been around for a long time now and can be used a Content Management System due to its simplistic nature and familiar interface
- Drupal can also be used by content management teams as it supports easy blogging and also ecommerce.
- Joomla is also a widely popular platform that is used for content management. It can be used to prepare posts ahead of time and also schedule their release.
- HubSpot is mainly used to market the content created by content management teams. With the help of this platform contacts can be easily targeted and supplied with the appropriate content.
This article has described how you can create a monday.com template for your team’s needs. We have listed the different steps involved in this. Additionally, we have also listed the various features of monday.com that help in content management and some of the alternative tools and apps that can be used by content management teams.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.