How do I book a session on Talkspace? (+7 benefits)
This post shall be explaining how you can book a session on Talkspace. We will also be looking at the different types of therapies that are available for various mental issues and illnesses. In addition to this, we will also be discussing how Talkspace can help users with their mental health.
How do I book a session on Talkspace?
If you want to book a live session in Talkspace, all that you need to do is to follow these steps which have been described as follows:
- You will first need to log into your Talkspace account and go to the ‘Tools’ section. You will find this on the left part of your screen.
- You can then go to the ‘Live sessions’ option that is available here and choose a provider
- Next, you will be directed to the Room details page from where you can click on ‘Book session’
- You will then need to select the length of the session that you want to have and also choose the type of session in the section after this. You can choose from video sessions, audio sessions and even live chat sessions
- Next, choose the date and time of the session and then click on ‘Reserve session’ after reviewing the details
Types of therapies
There are many different types of talking therapies that are out there. There are also many therapists who are experienced in one or the other. As a client, you will need to be aware of the various types of therapies and how they can help with mental health issues. Some of the most common types of therapies that are being conducted by therapists are described below:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is actually one of the most common types of therapy and many might actually be familiar with this. In interventions that incorporate CBT, clients will understand wrong thoughts or maladaptive thought patterns that can additionally lead to distress among clients.
Behavioral therapy is highly focused on behaviors or actions and using these to treat mental illnesses and issues. Your intervention here will be focused on changing your actions or creating new ones in order to reduce stress and also promote positive change. This can be great for phobias and also anxiety.
Psychodynamic therapy is perhaps one of the oldest forms of psychotherapy available. Many will associate this with Sigmund Freud and this type of therapy takes it roots from the psychoanalysis school of thought. This form therapy uses techniques like free association to uncover many hidden or unconscious thought patterns and beliefs.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Dialectical behavior therapy is a form of Cognitive behavioral therapy that is meant for serious illnesses and disorders. It teaches the individual to cope with their intense emotions that they experience through helpful and positive strategies. They will also be taught strategies like mindfulness to become more focused in the present and be more aware of themselves.
Humanistic therapy is focused entirely on the individual. It comes with the assumption that the person is equipped to solve their issues and grow and develop. The role of the therapist here is to allow the individual to grow in the best way they possibly can and guide them in this process. This is great for those who suffer from poor self-esteem and low self-confidence.
Benefits of using Talkspace for therapy
While in-person therapy is definitely effective, online therapy platforms such as Talkspace also provide a plethora of benefits and advantages for the users. Some of these benefits of using Talkspace have been discussed in this section:
- The platform can be used from anywhere at any time and thus users can access their mental health care providers whenever they feel like it. This brings a lot of convenience and ease of use for many.
- Talkspace also provides a variety of plans through which the users can get therapy. There are three main plans that Talkspace provides, and these are the Unlimited Messaging Therapy Plus plan, the Unlimited Messaging Therapy Premium plan and the Unlimited Messaging Therapy Ultimate plan.
- The users of the platform can communicate with their therapists through various means and modes such as text messaging, audio messaging and even video messaging.
- Users can also communicate with their providers through live sessions which are also available in different formats, from chatting, audio and video.
- The platform protects the information and data of the users and is thoroughly HIPAA compliant, guaranteeing the users of confidentiality and security.
- Talkspace also brings a large number of therapists together in one network, and thus can assure users no delays in intervention and also makes it convenient to switch between therapists easily.
- Talkspace can also be covered through insurance, thereby lowering the costs of therapy significantly and making it more accessible for a larger population.
Best alternative to Talkspace
If you are looking for an alternative to Talkspace that has similar features and style, we would highly recommend Betterhelp. This platform provides individual as well as group therapy sessions and also offers financial assistance to those who are finding it difficult to afford the plans.
This post has explained how you can book a session on Talkspace. We have also looked at the different types of therapies that are available for various mental issues and illnesses. In addition to this, we have also discussed how Talkspace can help users with their mental health.
If you like this post, please leave your comments and questions below.