How can I calm my mind? (+5 advantages of CalmiGo)
This article will explain how you can calm your mind. We will also be looking at the different effects of breathing exercises for relaxation. In addition to this, we shall be discussing some of the advantages of using CalmiGo for the management of anxiety and panic attacks. Stress and anxiety are common problems today which have only increased since the onset of COVID-19.
How can I calm my mind?
If you are finding yourself stressed out and need ways to calm down and relax, these following strategies and techniques can definitely help you:
Breathing exercises can be a great way for you to relax and bring a calm frame of mind. While there are many guides and resources that can teach you different breathing exercises, the most simple and easy way to do so is by using CalmiGo. This handheld device allows you to regain your lost sense of calm by guiding you through various breathing exercises.
Doing a fun workout
You can also opt to do a fun workout. The key word here is ‘fun’ since you are aiming for a calm mind. There are many fun forms of fitness and workouts that you can choose from according to your personality and also your current fitness levels. Dance workouts, aerobics, jogging, yoga, and many more fun workouts are there as options for you to partake in.
Journaling can be very helpful and effective for you to bring a positive frame of mind. This is highly recommended by therapists and counselors all over the world and has a healing effect on the mind due to expression and venting. Journaling can additionally help you sort your thoughts and reframe your cognitive processes so that you think in a constructive manner.
Using guided imagery
You can also opt for guided imagery. In guided imagery, the person is guided step by step so that they visualize a different place and also visualize a different frame of mind. There are many free guided imagery resources that are in various formats such as ready to read scripts and even podcasts to guide the person through the steps.
Play with a pet
Playing with your pet or any pet can also be great for your stress. In fact, many therapists are incorporating animal therapy into their practices as this can have a calming effect on the minds of the clients. If you do not have a pet of your own, you can always visit your local animal shelter or even visit a friend and play with their furry friends.
Eat a snack
Just like how our minds affect our bodies, our bodies also affect our minds. Many times we experience various emotional states as our bodies have not been fueled properly. If you are finding yourself stressed and cranky, a healthy snack can definitely benefit you. But try to stay away from sugary treats and eat something wholesome and tasty at the same time.
Effects of breathing exercises for relaxation
Breathing exercises are highly recommended for those who are finding themselves stressed or anxious. The major effects of breathing exercises for relaxation itself have been elaborated in this section:
- Breathing exercises bring a calm and relaxed frame of mind as it brings a better balance between CO2 and O2 levels in the blood. This stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system which counterbalances the effects of the sympathetic nervous system which is the cause of anxiety
- Breathing exercises can also bring better blood circulation and also increase joint flexibility which can be great for those who are stressed. Stress can lead to a lot of physical effects such as tense shoulders and joint pains for which breathing exercises can be useful
- These exercises also help the individual become more mindful and aware of their internal cognitive processes. This high level of self-awareness can lead to better emotional management and overall growth and development in the individual
- Breathing exercises can be great for inducing a better sleep pattern. This is especially in relation to belly breathing and other breathing related exercises such as Progressive Muscle Relaxation. A better sleep pattern can in turn lead to a far more fruitful and productive day with lesser levels of stress
Advantages of using CalmiGo
CalmiGo can bring a variety of advantages and benefits for anyone who is looking for ways to cope with anxiety and panic attacks. Some of these ways have been described as follows:
- CalmiGo is very small and thus can be taken everywhere and anywhere. Even if the individual does not use it, its presence alone can bring a sense of safety and comfort to the person.
- The device is simple to use and hence, even those who are facing high levels of anxiety or severe panic attacks can use it.
- The device not only guides the person in breathing exercises, but also uses aromatherapy to calm the person even before they start performing the exercise
- CalmiGo is completely drug-free and great for those who don’t want to depend on medications and drugs to treat their symptoms of anxiety
- The device is a one-time investment and can be used for a long period of time
This article has explained how you can calm your mind. We have also looked at the different effects of breathing exercises for relaxation. In addition to this, we have discussed some of the advantages of using CalmiGo for the management of anxiety and panic attacks.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions below.