The individuals feel heart palpitations in different situations. The palpitations are when you feel free and your heart is beating too fast and hard. You may recognize that the heart beat is trembling and doing hard which is not normal. During the heartbeat process you may notice that the individual feels heart palpitations in the chest, throat or neck. The individual may feel heart palpitations due to distressing and frightening situations. It might be serious due to the event which the individual is facing and he or she might be unable to deal with the stress. The individual feels the symptoms due to anxiety or any future planning or any feeling of rejection cause the fast heartbeat. The woman also feels the heart palpitations in the phase of pregnancy. In this article we will discuss heart palpitation.
There are many rare cases that heart palpitations become the cause of different serious conditions which have serious effects in future. There are some main symptoms of heart palpitations:
1. Difficulty in breathing
3. Pain in chest
The medical doctor tried to find out the underlying cause of heart palpitations. There might be different reasons and the assessment will be done on bio-psycho-social models. The treatment suggested according to the domain of the underlying cause.
What It Feels Like
When an individual feels heart palpitation, flutters or it seems like the heart is out of control. These feelings may increase the psychological symptoms as well. This becomes the cause of fear, scariness and often the individual who suffers does not get any treatment or do not consult any doctor.
Causes of Heart palpitations.
There are different causes of heart palpitations. The participants might not share or be unable to recognize the underlying cause that either it due to stress or any other biological cause existing in all these stuff that is triggered.
1. Stress and Anxiety
The individuals who are facing stress and anxiety related symptoms might be the cause to release the more hormones which become the cause to speed up the heart palpitations. It is the natural phenomena that an individual’s body has the capacity to deal with any traumatic events and a threat even when an individual is not in danger. The anxiety, anxiousness and panic attacks are intense and it might become the cause of and it might become the cause of creating more fear and it remains the time until our body cannot deal with this anxiety in a better way. The symptoms which arise due to the stress and anxiety are:
· Racing heart
· Trouble breathing
· Chest pain
· It is more like a heart attack
The individuals who are doing exercise are good for one’s health. The exercise has different types such as some individuals might like to do walking, running, cycling which increase the heart palpitations. These exercises increase the heart beat and increase the blood cycle which helps your heart pump and more blood to power your muscles through the workout. If an individual’s heart flutters or pounds, it could be because you haven’t worked out in a while and this condition occurs. An irregular heartbeat, or arrhythmia, can also cause palpitations when you exercise.
The caffeine is a stimulant which increases the energy level but also becomes the cause of heart palpitations. The caffeine is provided by different forms such as coffee, soda, tea, chocolate and any other form of drinking also included. The study found that the caffeine from coffee, tea and chocolate is not the cause of palpitations with healthy individuals, but the individual who is healthy also finds distressing it might be due to trigger them in people with heart rhythm problems.
The chemicals which consist of addicted material such as in cigarettes and other products who are full of tobacco become the cause of raising the pressure in your blood and this speeds up the heart rate. Smoking is more dangerous than anything else for your heart and when you quit smoking you did best for your heart health, although it might not slow your heartbeat right away. Patches and other nicotine replacement products can make your heart palpitations fast. Palpitations can also be a symptom of nicotine withdrawal, but they should stop within 3 to 4 weeks after quitting the nicotine.
5. Hormone Changes
The women notice that often their heart beats run or speed up and during their periods and menstrual section. Women might notice when they’re pregnant, they’re close to menopause, or they’re in menopause. The reason for heart palpitation is hormone level. The heart palpitation increases and no reason for worry. If a woman is pregnant, heart palpitations can also happen if she is anemic, which means you don’t have enough red blood cells that carry oxygen throughout your body.
The individual when they have a fever during an illness, the body uses energy at a faster pace than usual. This can set off palpitations. Usually the temperature needs to be above 100.4 F to affect your heart rate.
There are other different reasons which also become the cause of heart palpitations.
- Strong emotions like anxiety, fear, or stress. They often happen during panic attacks.
- Vigorous physical activity
- Caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, or illegal drugs
- Medical conditions, including thyroid disease, a low blood sugar level, anemia, low blood pressure, fever, and dehydration
- Hormonal changes during menstruation, pregnancy, or just before menopause. Sometimes, palpitations during pregnancy are signs of anemia.
- Medications, including diet pills, decongestants, asthma inhalers, and some drugs used to prevent arrhythmias (a serious heart rhythm problem) or treat an underactive thyroid
- Some herbal and nutritional supplements
- Abnormal electrolyte levels
- Some people have heart palpitations after heavy meals rich in carbohydrates, sugar, or fat. Sometimes, eating foods with a lot of monosodium glutamate (MSG), nitrates, or sodium can bring them on, too.
If an individual has heart palpitations after eating certain foods, it might be due to food sensitivity.
Consultation of Doctor
The consultation of a doctor helps you to do a physical examination whenever you feel anything that disturbs your mind or gain your attention related to their health, to know about the medical history of the individual. The individual current medication can be explored and the diet or lifestyle suggested by the current history of medication. It is also necessary to track the record of that individual in which circumstances he or she is feeling heart palpitations. It is also recognized that the blood test can also help to define the cause of heart palpitation.
The other tests that are used in order to know about the patients in detail are described below.
1. Electrocardiogram (EKG): This test can be done while you’re at rest or exercising. The latter is called a stress EKG. In both cases, the test records your heart’s electrical signals and can find unusual heart rhythms.
2. Holter monitoring: The individual wears a monitor on his chest. It continuously records the heart’s electrical signals for 24 to 48 hours. It can identify rhythm differences that weren’t picked up during an EKG.
3. Event recording: the individual wears a device on the chest and uses a handheld gadget to record the heart’s electrical signals when symptoms occur.
4. Chest X-ray: The doctor will check for changes which occurred in lungs that could come from heart problems. For example, if he finds fluid in your lungs, it may come from heart failure.
5. Echocardiogram: This is an ultrasound of an individual’s heart. It provides detailed information about its structure and function.
After proper testing the doctor suggested the proper treatment.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
The treatment is decided by the symptoms or severity of the symptoms. Often, heart palpitations are harmless and go away on their own. In that case, no treatment is needed and recommended.
If your doctor doesn’t find a cause, he may advise to avoid the things that might trigger the palpitations. Intervention strategies may include:
1. Easing anxiety and stress.
The Common ways of intervention include a number of various exercises that can relax your body and mind too and achieve a calm and relaxed state. Some of them are described below.
- Relaxation exercises known as the most effective technique to relax your body and concentrate your mind
- Tai chi
- Guided imagery
2. There are some foods, beverages, and other substances
The foods included are described below
- Illegal drugs
|Some prescription and over-the-counter medicines cause heart palpitations as a side effect that are described belowThe Antibiotics dosage especially those in which have high intensity that cause various side effectsAntifungal medicines become the cause of various side effects not for physical health but also mentally well-being.Antipsychotic drugs have the long lasting effect on individual health Asthma inhalers are also increase the heartbeat of individualCough and cold medicines are also had remaining side effects too Diet pills disturb the individual digestion process which directly relates with the other damage in the bodyHigh blood pressure medicines also affect the heart palpitation and cause disturbance in human’s bodyThyroid pills also have side effects on physical and mental health. If you take one or more of these types of medicines that may harm your health, consult the doctor immediately and your doctor will definitely suggest other things to tackle this issue.FAQ about heart palpitations 1. What is the main cause of heart palpitations?Often, heart palpitation seen as some reason behind it such as are stress and anxiety are the two most important factors, or any substance use such as an individual may use or had too much caffeine, nicotine, or alcohol. They can also happen when females are pregnant. In rare cases, it is also observed that heart palpitations can be a sign of a more serious heart condition. So, if you have heart palpitations, always prefer to talk with your doctor first rather than avoiding such a condition.2. Do you think heart palpitations are dangerous?Stress from everyday life, irregular exercise, irregular medication without any cause or, rarely, a medical condition can trigger them. Although heart palpitations can be worrisome, they’re usually harmless. In rare cases it is also observed that this condition can be a supporter of more serious heart conditions, such as the condition of an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that might require treatment.3. How do an individual know if his or her heart is OK?In order to know the basic symptoms of any disease that is related to your heart we must focus some symptoms specifically such as aware about the blood pressure, condition of nausea, racing heart rate or feeling of fluttering in your chest shortness of breath and fainting can also signal there’s a problem with your heart. Be aware of any changes to your overall health.|
References Webmed.com:” Heart Palpitations: Causes, Treatments, After Eating” .
What we recommend for curbing Anxiety
Below are some of the services and products we recommend for anxiety
- Anxiety Weighted Blankets are by far the number 1 thing every person who suffers from anxiety should at least try. Anxiety Blankets may improve your sleep, allow you to fall asleep faster and you can even carry them around when chilling at home.
- Online therapy is another thing we should all try. We highly recommend Online therapy with a provider who not only provides therapy but a complete mental health toolbox to help your wellness.
- With over 50,000 participants, this anxiety course may be just what you need to regain control of your life.
- Amber light therapy from Amber lights could increase the melatonin production in your body and help you sleep better at night. An Amber light lamp helps reduce the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep and increases overall sleep quality.