17 Healthy Relationship Quotes
This detailed article will be listing out the best healthy relationship quotes which can also serve as great pointers for building a healthy bond between partners. These quotes can also help you understand more about healthy partnerships in romantic relationships.
Healthy Relationship Quotes
The best healthy relationship quotes are listed as follows,
1. “As you remove toxic people from your life, you free up space and emotional energy for positive, healthy relationships.” – John Mark Green
This famous John Mark Green quote speaks about the importance of cleaning out your closet once in a while. Toxic people, even in the form of romantic partners, can cause a lot of damage and need to be removed from one’s life if someone wants to be truly happy.
2. “Walking away from someone you love is not an immoral thing. If that person isn’t good for your wellbeing in any way, it’s important to step away from that relationship.” – Arien Smith
No one likes to walk away from someone, especially if that someone is a romantic partner. But this quote by Arien Smith explains the importance of letting go and actively walking away from a relationship for the sake of mental well-being.
3. “You know who loves you when you’re hanging off a cliff.” – Bert McCoy
This quote by Bert McCoy may sound very brutal but is pretty straightforward when it comes to relationships. According to this quote, you are going to find out who truly cares about you when you are in danger and in desperate need of help.
4. “…in a healthy relationship, both people can be strong.” – Kim Walker-Smith
Kim Walker-Smith was very right while mentioning this quote. A relationship is a two-way street and both the partners can easily feel that the bonds are strong enough to make them feel whole and complete.
5. “Respect, trust and kindness are the ingredients of a good relationship.” – Maire O’Leary
In this quote, Maire O’Leary speaks about the main ingredients of a healthy relationship apart from just communication. According to this quote, respect and trust along with a healthy dose of kindness are what make a relationship between people work.
6. “Most of the time, however, our past patterns point us to some deficits or injuries in our character’s makeup. These deficits don’t go away unless we enter the process of personal growth.” – Dr. Henry Cloud
While this may not speak about relationships directly, the quote speaks about the effect of past trauma on someone’s personality and thereby their approach to a relationship. Before expecting the relationship to work, a person needs to work on their healing first.
7. “You deserve the level of peace you give to others.” – Kierra C.T. Banks
This quote by Kierra C.T. Banks speaks about the importance of self-love and self-worth in a relationship. Often, relationships break up because a person gives more importance to their partner than themselves and this is not a sign of a true partnership.
8. “A key to whether friendship is good is: Who am I in this connection? Do I like me?” – Sonia Choquette
This quote may not be about relationships, but friendships instead. But it can be applied to romantic relationships as well. This quote describes how it is important to ask yourself often if you like the way you are acting in the friendship to improve your perspective.
9. “Every good relationship is a feast of affection/giving for both people; not one receiving crumbs and trying to convince themselves it’s enough.” – Shannon Thomas
This popular quote by Shannon Thomas explains how both the partners in the relationship need to be able to taste the advantages of the partnership, and now just one. This is again something that needs to be driven into mindsets, especially those of women.
10. “Love in such a way that the person you love feels free.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
This quote by Thich Nhat Hanh is another very famous quote that is all about healthy detachment. This quote describes that true love is indeed freedom. And if the partners in the relationship are feeling suffocated, the bonds may not be as healthy as thought before.
11. “The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.” – Alexandra Penney
Penney uses this quote to explain that a relationship is not always about agreeing on anything and everything under the sun. Two people are bound to have disagreements but should be able to be with each other happily at the end of the day.
12. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
The great Aristotle has been credited with this brilliant quote. This romantic quote explains that love is all about spirituality. Even if there are two people in the relationship, their soul needs to be one and the same.
13. “Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.” – Gloria Steinem
This quote is all about accountability. Instead of continuously searching for the right person to complete them, people need to focus on improving their own personalities so that they attract the right types of energies and vibes.
14. “A healthy relationship will never require you to sacrifice your friends, your dreams or your dignity.” – Dinkar Kalotra
This quote by Dinkar Kalotra talks about the importance of someone’s personal dreams and desires even if they are in a relationship. People often compromise on their dreams while in a relationship, and this can cause problems later.
15. “Let’s not forget it’s you and me vs. the problem. Not you vs. me.” – Steve Maraboli
This quote is often used in relationship counseling and couple’s therapy but contains a lot of truth. If partners tend to compete with each other rather than helping each other face a problem, the relationship becomes a whole lot healthier.
16. “The beginning of love is to let those we love perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image.” – Thomas Merton
This quote speaks a lot of hard-hitting truth since people often try to change their partners when they are in a relationship. But true love is all about acceptance, even if there are aspects of their personality that are not well-liked.
17. “The rules for a healthy relationship are communication, cooperation and determination.” – Marquis Heath
Marquis Heath speaks about the different rules of a relationship that are needed to bring quality and wholesomeness. Not only communication, but open cooperation and even willingness to make the relationship work is important.
18. “A healthy relationship doesn’t drag you down. It inspires you to do better.” – Mandy Hale
According to Mandy Hale, being in a relationship should not feel like a disastrous chore but something that inspires you to do much better. If a relationship feels like a burden, it is definitely not a healthy one and can be toxic to both the partners.
19. “Your relationship can only be as healthy as you are”. – Neil Clark Warren
This quote by Neil Clark Warren once again points to how important one’s own mental health is important for the relationship to work. If you are not steady in your own willpower and commitment, your relationship is also going to be pretty unsteady.
This detailed article has listed out the best healthy relationship quotes which can also serve as great pointers for building a healthy bond between partners. These quotes can also help you understand more about healthy partnerships in romantic relationships.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions in the space below.