Has anyone tried Talkspace? (+13 reviews)
In this post, we will discuss if anyone has tried Talkspace. To probe this question deeper, we shall mention some of the user reviews of this amazing online mental health platform. In addition to this, we will also look at some of the best features of this platform that make it so popular and appealing to individuals from all walks of life.
Has anyone tried Talkspace?
Yes, many people have used Talkspace for their mental health needs and requirements. In fact, the platform has more than 46,000 active members at a time and also takes care of many more through insurance coverage. The platform has gained a massive following among individuals and families ever since it was founded in 2012.
The platform which offers mental health services online through multiple modes and mediums has become quite popular among the younger crowd due to its ease of use and internet access. Some of the ways through which Talkspace has appealed to users have been discussed below:
- The platform allows easy text or messaging therapy through which users can feel continually connected with their therapist
- In fact, many users have felt that the therapy style looks like a conversation with a friend or a pal, rather than a therapy session
- This kind of texting brings about a sense of confidentiality and anonymity, which gives the users much more ease of use and also plenty of comfort to actually be themselves
- The platform uses Artificial Intelligence to find the right fit between the therapist and the client by asking many questions. This client-therapist relationship, which is very necessary for effective therapy, is set solidly right from the start in Talkspace
- The counselors and therapists, who are on the Talkspace database, are quite experienced and clearly well-trained. Thus, they clearly know what they are doing and the interventions are positive and constructive for the users
- Through text therapy, clients have felt that they have had many other problems and issues come up, which are easier to manage since they have an on-going therapist connect
- Users have also mentioned that in comparison to traditional talk-therapy there is no such appointment created in Talkspace, which means there is more comfort and convenience. Users can also use a lot more time to sort and streamline their thoughts and can often go back and analyze the conversation for deeper meanings
- Many of the customers of Talkspace have created their accounts after the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Conforming to the social-distancing rules and regulations means that in-person therapy was not exactly safe at the moment and thus many have switched to online therapy platforms such as Talkspace, Betterhelp and Calmerry
- Having access to mental health at cost-effective rates also means better self-care and self-growth at a time when people were not allowed to meet other friends or relatives for assistance or guidance
- Users have also mentioned that it is quite easy to switch therapists when their therapeutic relationship had come to an end
- Those who have a lot of house-hold work and are involved in infant care might not be able to leave the house often to go to in-person therapy. For these users, Talkspace has been a godsend
- Users who do not have the ability to take time off from work for therapy also find this app quite useful since they do not have appointments and can respond whenever they please
- Couples who have used the couples therapy section in Talkspace have also mentioned how practical the platform has been, especially when both the partners run busy lives
Best features of Talkspace
In this section, we will discuss some of the great features of Talkspace that make it so unique. There are many online platforms that offer easy and convenient therapy and mental health assistance, such as Betterhelp, Calmerry, ReGain, Avana and Cerebral. However, Talkspace is one such platform that provides excellent and a unique system of care for its users.
It has unlimited messaging features
The platform offers unlimited messaging on all its plans. In fact, messaging therapy is the key feature of Talkspace. Furthermore, the platform allows many types of messaging between the user and their assigned therapist. The users can use text messaging, audio messaging and even video messaging to communicate with their therapists.
It brings great security for users
The platform gives a lot of importance to securing the data and information of its users and their interactions with therapists. The confidential information being mentioned in the sessions needs to be safeguarded at all costs; otherwise it can cause great harm to many parties. And thus, Talkspace has encrypted data as well as robust firewalls in order to protect its users.
It has Psychiatry for prescriptions
Mental illnesses mostly need a combination of medication as well as talking therapy. In order to be a one-stop shop for all sorts of mental health needs, the platform has also started a Psychiatry section through which the users can be prescribed the right medication for their mental illnesses. There are, however, many guidelines that prohibit the prescription of some drugs such as Xanax.
In this post, we have discussed if anyone has tries Talkspace. To probe this question deeper, we have mentioned some of the user reviews of this amazing online mental health platform. In addition to this, we have also looked at some of the best features of this platform that make it so popular and appealing to individuals from all walks of life.
If you like this post, please leave your comments and questions below.