Why can some people endure more pain than others?
Why can some people endure more pain than others? The answer is surprising!
Pain tolerance may vary depending on the structure of the brain, a new study shows.
Although most pain sensations are temporary, at least 20% of the world’s population suffers from chronic pain, and treating pain globally will cost about $ 60 million in 2015.
Therefore, discovering the causes of injuries and illnesses being more painful for some people than for others is a vital step in creating better treatments.
According to research published in the journal Pain, the intensity of pain perception may be related to differences in the amount of gray matter (the tissue that processes information) in certain regions of the brain.
“People who perceived the pain more intensely had less gray matter in the brains that contribute to thought formation and attention control,” notes Nichole Emerson, one of the study’s authors.
Two of these brain areas – the cingulate posterior cortex and the precuneus – are part of the network of brain regions associated with “open-eyed dreams” and wandering thoughts.
A higher level of activity in these regions of the brain, the researchers say, could compete with the perception of pain.
In other words, a higher level of “background gout” in the brain may not allow the sensation of pain to be perceived.
Another study found that differences in white matter (composed mostly of connective tissue between neurons and brain regions) can in turn have an effect on pain.
If the gray matter appears to affect the intensity of the pain, the white matter controls how long it lasts.
The researchers found that differences in the amount of connective tissue in the brain made acute pain more likely to become chronic pain.
However, it is possible to increase your resistance to pain, stress and any other external factors.
And the over 125 Endurance quotes below will prove it to you!
Side Note: I grew this blog to over 500,000 monthly pageviews and it now finances our charitable missions. If you are looking to start a blog as a source of income or to help your community then view our how to start a blog guide.
15 Endurance Quotes
- “Despite your best efforts, people are going to be hurt when it’s time for them to be hurt.” ― Haruki Murakami
- “So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
- “This too shall pass.” ― Hakim Sanai
- “Life is not a PG feel-good movie. Real life often ends badly. Literature tries to document this reality, while showing us it is still possible for us to endure nobly.” ― Matthew Quick
- “At the end of the day it’s about how much you can bear, how much you can endure. Being together, we harm nobody; being apart, we extinguish ourselves.” ― Tabitha Suzuma
- “No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God . . . and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven.” ― Orson F. Whitney
- “If you can learn to endure pain, you can survive anything. Some people learn to embrace it- to love it. Some endure it through drowning it in sorrow, or by making themselves forget. Others turn it into anger.” ― Sarah J. Maas
- “All too often women believe it is a sign of commitment, an expression of love, to endure unkindness or cruelty, to forgive and forget. In actuality, when we love rightly we know that the healthy, loving response to cruelty and abuse is putting ourselves out of harm’s way.” ― Bell Hooks
- “Head up, heart open. To better days!” ― T.F. Hodge
- “No man ever threw away life while it was worth keeping.” ― David Hume
- “You see, some people are born with a piece of night inside, and that hollow place can never be filled – not with all the good food or sunshine in the world. That emptiness cannot be banished, and so some days we wake with the feeling of the wind blowing through, and we must simply endure it as the boy did.” ― Leigh Bardugo
- “A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. Ideas have endurance without death.” ― John F. Kennedy
- “To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities—I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished: I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not—that one endures.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The sky is not my limit…I am.” ― T.F. Hodge
- “Au milieu de l’hiver, j’apprenais enfin qu’il y avait en moi un été invincible.” ― Albert Camus
25 Endurance Quotes
- “The feeling that she had never really lived in this world caught her by surprise. It was a fact. She had never lived. Even as a child, as far back as she could remember, she had done nothing but endure. She had believed in her own inherent goodness, her humanity, and lived accordingly, never causing anyone harm. Her devotion to doing things the right way had been unflagging, all her successes had depended on it, and she would have gone on like that indefinitely. She didn’t understand why, but faced with those decaying buildings and straggling grasses, she was nothing but a child who had never lived.” ― Han Kang
- “A man on a thousand mile walk has to forget his goal and say to himself every morning, ‘Today I’m going to cover twenty-five miles and then rest up and sleep.” ― Leo Tolstoy
- “God surely did not create us, and cause us to live, with the sole end of wishing always to die. I believe, in my heart, we were intended to prize life and enjoy it, so long as we retain it. Existence never was originally meant to be that useless, blank, pale, slow-trailing thing it often becomes to many, and is becoming to me, among the rest.” ― Charlotte Brontë
- “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” ― Greg Kincaid
- “Sometimes there’s not a better way. Sometimes there’s only the hard way.” ― Mary E. Pearson
- “I used many times to touch my own chest and feel, under its asthmatic quiver, the engine of the heart and lungs and blood and feel amazed at what I sensed was the enormity of the power I possessed. Not magical power, but real power. The power simply to go on, the power to endure, that is power enough, but I felt I had also the power to create, to add, to delight, to amaze and to transform.” ― Stephen Fry
- “Life was no longer something to endure, but to live. ” ― Hubert Selby Jr.
- “If you’re serious about sanctification, you can expect to experience heart-wrenching moments that try your faith, your endurance, and your patience.” ― Sheri L. Dew
- “Don’t fear the gods,
Don’t worry about death;
What is good is easy to get, and
What is terrible is easy to endure.” ― Epicurus
- “And St. Francis said: ‘My dear son, be patient, because the weaknesses of the body are given to us in this world by God for the salvation of the soul. So they are of great merit when they are born patiently.” ― St. Francis of Assisi
- “A journey, I reflected, is of no merit unless it has tested you.” ― Tahir Shah
- “Winning isn’t about finishing in first place. It isn’t about beating the others. It is about overcoming yourself. Overcoming your body, your limitations, and your fears. Winning means surpassing yourself and turning your dreams into reality.” ― Kilian Jornet
- “To conquer, you must endure not just your own suffering but the suffering of others. Indifference is the ultimate evolutionary achievement, the highest rung on nature’s ladder.” ― Rick Yancey
- “Were it possible for us to see further than our knowledge reaches, and yet a little way beyond the outworks of our divinings, perhaps we would endure our sadnesses with greater confidence than our joys? For they are the moments when something new has entered into us, something unknown; our feelings grow mute in shy perplexity, everything in us withdraws, a stillness comes, and the new, which no one knows, stands in the midst of it and is silent.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Scars are not signs of weakness, they are signs of survival and endurance.” ― Rodney A. Winters
- “Human beings are the only creatures who are allowed to fail. If an ant fails, it’s dead. But we’re allowed to learn from our mistakes and from our failures. And that’s how I learn, by falling flat on my face and picking myself up and starting all over again.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
- “Often you shall think your road impassable, sombre and companionless. Have will and plod along; and round each curve you shall find a new companion.” ― Mikhail Naimy
- “All through my life, I have been tested. My will has been tested, my courage has been tested, my strength has been tested. Now my patience and endurance are being tested.” ― Muhammad Ali
- “Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.” ― Emory Austin
- “Everything can be taken from you in a second, but the human spirit is so strong. War can teach you so much about evil, and so much about good.” ― Zainab Salbi
- “Easily mistaken, it is not about a love for adversity, it is about knowing a strength and a faith so great that adversity, in all its adverse manifestations, hardly even exists.” ― Criss Jami
- “I guessed life was like that. You gained and you lost, and if you saved anything from the ruins, even if only a shred of self-respect, it was enough to take you through the next bit.” ― Dick Francis
- “The hardest thing about adolescence is that everything seems too big. There’s no way to get context or perspective, ….. Pain and joy without limits. No one can live like that forever, so experience finally comes to our rescue. We come to know what we can endure, and also that nothing endures.” ― Sara Paretsky
- “The foolish rush to end their lives. Only the steadfast soul survives.” ― Christine de Pizan
- “[W]when someone finds himself quite unjustly attacked and hated on all sides, there is no need for such a person to feel dismayed by misfortune. See how Fortune, who has harmed many a one, is so inconstant, for God, Who opposes all wrong deeds, raises up those in whom hope dwells.” ― Christine de Pizan
35 Endurance Quotes
- “He knew how to handle pain. You had to lie down with pain, not draw back away from it. You let yourself sort of move around the outside edge of pain like with cold water until you finally got up your nerve to take yourself in hand. Then you took a deep breath and dove in and let yourself sink down it clear to the bottom. And after you had been down inside pain a while you found that like with cold water it was not nearly as cold as you had thought it was when your muscles were cringing themselves away from the outside edge of it as you moved around it trying to get up your nerve. He knew pain.” ― James Jones
- “Surely she had endured enough for one evening without having to listen to intelligent conversation?” ― Stella Gibbons
- “When a storm of harassment disturbs our thinking and brings us down to our knees, the umbrella of our imagination can shield us against destructive aggression. It is offering shelter and is teaching us how to conquer ourselves, train our resilience, and grit our teeth. We better learn to adopt the virtue of endurance, as life consists of both ‘passion’ and ‘patience.’ (“The umbrella”)” ― Erik Pevernagie
- “If life throws you a few bad notes or vibrations, don’t let them interrupt or alter your song.” ― Suzy Kassem
- “But one discarded dreams and got dressed, and made what one could of the day.” ― Dick Francis
- “True devotion and humility is when you carelessly allow yourself to fall in love with things you consider will make you look inferior, which in essence, makes you superior.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
- “So this is my cue of where to leave you. Now it’s your story to retell and pass on. Because an idea is only relevant if it’s being thought upon. So remember, never surrender.’Cause the unrelenting constancy of love and hope will rescue and restore from any scope.” ― Thomas Dutton
- “Every age, and especially our own, stands in need of a Diogenes; but the difficulty is in finding men who have the courage to be one, and men who have the patience to endure one.” ― Jean le Rond d’Alembert
- “Your endurance is strongly influenced by your fundamental myth about the fighting.” ― Toba Beta
- “The measure of your faith is the measure of the pain you can endure.” ― Dan Brown
- “Whatever he knows of his weaknesses, Private Mulvaney is wholly ignorant of his strength.” ― Rudyard Kipling
- “She had walked to the brink, abandoning all belief, and just before the bitter end, she was pulled from the abyss by faith.” ― Sage Steadman
- “Venture to a remote corner of a faraway land and, from the moment you get there, every person and everything becomes an obstacle, designed to entrap you, to stop you proceeding on your way.” ― Tahir Shah
- “They could have fought against it, begged for another way or gone off the path in hopes of finding an easier passage. Instead, they looked upon the trail ahead, the rough ridge, now bound by thick snow, and they accepted the path they had chosen.” ― Sage Steadman
- “[…] what’s the use of lying down to die as long as we can stand up and walk.” ― Dean King
- “May you find the strength of will and the grace of endurance to overcome every challenge.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Common man’s patience will bring him more happiness than common man’s power.” ― Amit Kalantri
- “Explorers like to pretend that they are a select breed of people with iron nerve and an ability to endure terrible hardship.” ― Tahir Shah
- “Discover a purpose that gives you passion. Develop a plan that makes you persistent. Design a preparation and motivates you to optimize your potential. Do it because you love it!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
- “I am bending, but not broken. I am the power of the thunderstorm. I am the beauty in the beast. I am the strength in weakness. I am confident in the midst of doubt. I am Her!” ― Kierra C.T. Banks
- “Endurance: It is the spirit which can bear things, not simply with resignation, but with blazing hope. It is the quality which keeps a man on his feet with his face to the wind. It is the virtue which can transmute the hardest trial into glory because beyond the pain it sees the goal.” ― Anonymous
- “We dress our garden, eat our dinners, discuss the household with our wives, and these things make no impression, are forgotten next week; but in the solitude to which every man is always returning, he has a sanity and revelations, which in his passage into new worlds he will carry with him. Never mind the ridicule, never mind the defeat: up again, old heart! — it seems to say, — there is victory yet for all justice; and the true romance which the world exists to realize, will be the transformation of genius into practical power.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The breath of wind that moved them was still chilly on this day in May; the flowers gently resisted, curling up with a kind of trembling grace and turning their pale stamens towards the ground.
The sun shone through them, revealing a pattern of interlacing, delicate blue veins, visible through the opaque petals; this added something alive to the flower’s fragility, to it’s ethereal quality, something almost human ,in the way that human can mean frailty and endurance both at the same time.
The wind could ruffle these ravishing creations but it couldn’t destroy them, or even crush them; they swayed there, dreamily; they seemed ready to fall but held fast to their slim strong branches-…” ― Irène Némirovsky
- ““Anything that comes your way by force was not meant for you. Everything that locates you on it’s own is yours and will be yours forever.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
- “On a harsh expedition, there’s no space for anyone who does not intend to finish.” ― Tahir Shah
- “Visit Cape Town and history is never far from your grasp. It lingers in the air, a scent on the breezy, an explanation of circumstance that shaped the Rainbow People. Stroll around the old downtown and it’s impossible not to be affected by the trials and tribulations of the struggle. But, in many ways, it is the sense of triumph in the face of such adversity that makes the experience all the more poignant.” ― Tahir Shah
- “A dying organism is often observed to be capable of extraordinary endurance and strength. … When any living organism is attacked, its whole function seems to aim toward reproduction.” ― John Steinbeck
- “Image is only temporal. Substance endures. Who said, “Image is everything”? And who believed it?” ― T.F. Hodge
- “The situation was different in the jungle. Every inch of ground had to be earned, and was done so through much exertion with the blade.” ― Tahir Shah
- “Marial and Uncle were no longer by his side, and they never would be again, but Salva knew that both of them would have wanted him to survive, to finish the trip and reach the Itang refugee camp safely. It was almost as if they had left their strength with him, to help him on his journey.” ― Linda Sue Park (Author)
- “Being exhausted, yet keeping up the pursuit.’ (Judges 8:4) Even after what I had said of wanting out, even after that humiliation, the physical exhaustion, the deep despair I felt, those words were my new marching orders. The next morning, I swung my rucksack over my shoulders and was off again.” ― Diet Eman
- “There is nothing quite as unpleasant as wearing a pair of briefs which have been trailed through a Calcutta courtyard. Nothing, that is, except having one’s elbows and knees lacerated by unseen slivers of glass and discarded razor blades.” ― Tahir Shah
- “Previous experience had taught me that any expedition marches on its stomach.” ― Tahir Shah
- “Only a man who has his health, a full stomach and wears clean clothes would ever entertain the notion of tracking down the greatest lost city on Earth.” ― Tahir Shah
- “Endure to the very end.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
45 Endurance Quotes
- “The porters could always be coaxed to continue a little further through driving rain by the mere suggestion of a Pot Noodle at the end.” ― Tahir Shah
- “A cross between a foreign legion boot-camp and a secret-society initiation ritual, the ordeals were grounded in pain. One thing was obvious: the agenda, which was dedicated to grave discomfort, had been drawn up by a passionate sad person.” ― Tahir Shah
- “The sure way to succeed Is to endure to the very end.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Ô Dieu, entends bien ma prière, ne te cache pas quand je te supplie. Sois attentif et réponds-moi. J’erre sans but, accablé d’inquiétude. Je suis troublé par ce que dit l’ennemi et par l’oppression qu’imposent les méchants. Ils font tomber le malheur sur moi et me poursuivent avec colère. L’angoisse me serre le cœur, et les terreurs de la mort tombent sur moi. Je suis pris de crainte et de tremblement, je suis submergé par l’effroi.” ― Anonymous
- “Endurance is an earnest endeavour.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “We should feel like babies — detached from earthly affairs. As a child, you are not jealous of anyone, you are neither afraid of failure or success. You live in the present. You don’t remember what had happened yesterday and even if you do, you don’t care. That’s the only state where humans can be happy and win over the suffering.” ― Akash Rathod
- “Endurance is enough grace.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Endure the pain with joyful praise, holy path of an escape.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “We are mankind because we survive. We do it in a half-assed way, but we do it.” ― James A. Michener
- “A man finds his own power through endurance of pain.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “… our endurance must end, and our resistance begins, to-day.” ― Wilkie Collins
- “Could she endure it, the long vigil of death made visible?” ― Iris Murdoch
- “The soul that endured suffering, shall enter into glory of salvation.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The decision to change direction in life can be made in an instant, but the process of actually changing your mindset may take months or years.” ― Dr. Nathan Mellor
- “Kobe was and continues to be the personification of endurance, confidence, and control on and off the court. He inspired generations of athletes, young and old, to aspire to greatness every single day.” ― Carlos Wallace
- “In addition to voluntary suffering, you must also accept that which comes against your will – I mean slander, material losses and sickness. For if you do not accept these but rebel against them, you are like someone who wants to eat his bread only with honey, never with salt. Such a man does not always have pleasure as his companion, but always has nausea as his neighbor.” ― Ilias the Presbyter
- “You love at least one thing more than you love any person and that thing is always worth living for.” ― Akash Rathod
- “The true endurance of a person is not in assassinating people howbeit in giving life to people” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
- “The true endurance of a person is not in assassinating the life of people but in saving the life of people” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
- “The true endurance of a person is not in assassinating the life of people but in saving the lives of people” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
- “Prayer maketh pain endurable.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Eternity lies in endurance.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The ambiance that I loved and I had been loved by was very intricate to endure for me.” ― Suman Pokhrel
- “Patient is the courage of enduring pain.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “If you are blessed with your health in these times, then embrace the feelings that you are faced with, try to deal with them for there is a blessing in every tragedy and we must find it in order to endure.” ― Aysha Taryam
- “Joy is a flower that pain grows best.” ― Karl Kristian Flores
- “A beating heart takes a heart’s beating.” ― Karl Kristian Flores
- “War, like death, is a great leveller, and mutual suffering and endurance had made us all friends.” ― Mary Seacole
- “Endure everything.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Endurance is eternal.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Pain is painful but leads to purity.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Endurance is enough eternity.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Pain necessitated desire for purity.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Whoever find peace, shall endure pain,” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “You can’t magic yourself out of the situation, you’ve got to live it as decently and as grimly as you can.” ― Iris Murdoch
- “There’s a few things even fire can’t destroy.” ― A.J. Sky
- “Hard work gives time to play harder, and smile at ease.” ― Anthony Liccione
- “The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose.” ― Fredrick Douglas
- “It drives me nuts that our food specialists insist on giving us the same number of chocolate, vanilla, and butterscotch puddings, when the laws of physics dictate chocolate will disappear much faster. No one gets a vanilla craving in space (or on earth).” ― Scott Kelly
- “Endurance is eternal endeavour.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “There was, on the whole, an astounding absence of serious antagonisms, considering the conditions under which they were attempting to exist. Possibly it was because they were in a state of almost perpetual minor friction. Arguments rambled on the whole day through, and they served to let off a great deal of steam which might otherwise have built up. In addition, the party had been reduced to an almost classless society in which most of them felt free to speak their minds, and did. A man who stepped on another man’s head trying to find his way out at night was treated to the same abuse as any other, regardless of what his station might once have been.” ― Alfred Lansing
- “It should seem as if there were a few green sunny spots in the desert of life, to which we are always hastening forward: we eye them wistfully in the distance, and care not what perils or suffering we endure, so that we arrive at them at last.” ― William Hazlitt
- “The sacred wandering cannot be rushed. It is a life transition. It requires patience and endurance. There are valuable lessons to be learned.” ― Dana Arcuri
- “Our existence is an enduring endeavour.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Faith is faithful endurance.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
50 Endurance Quotes
- “Yes, I’ve endured so much, and you seem to think this means I will endure anything. It does not.” ― Iris Murdoch
- “Endure all things.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Enjoy the endurance.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “May you find strength to endure any situation.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “They were castaways in one of the most savage regions of the world, drifting they knew not where, without a hope of rescue, subsisting only so long as Providence sent them food to eat.
And yet they had adjusted with surprisingly little trouble to their new life, and most of them were quite sincerely happy.
The adaptability of the human creature is such that they actually had to remind themselves on occasion of their desperate circumstances.
On November 4, Macklin wrote in his diary: “It has been a lovely day, and it is hard to think we are in a frightfully precarious situation.”
It was an observation typical of the entire party. There was not a hero among them, at least not in the fictional sense. Still not a single diary reflected anything beyond the matter-of-fact routine of each day’s business.” ― Alfred Lansing
- “Anger was a sign of weakness. So was fear. Kaifeng breathed deep to keep both at bay.” ― Jeannie Lin
- “maximize your life by working on you so that eventually you can help someone else” ― Manuel Corazzari
- “I stand and I do not fall!” he shouted. “I stand and I do not fall!” ― David Annandale
- “When life hits hard, you have to patiently endure. Endurance builds capacity; with patience, character is developed. You can make a comeback with good character.” ― Martin Uzochukwu Ugwu
- “Endurance is a graceful endeavour.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Endurance is painful but perfect the soul with the spirit.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “We do not know what we must endure.
But as we experience it, we seek the grace of endurance.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “We must be greater than our struggles in order to succeed.” ― Collin McLaughlin
- “There’s a reason it takes multi-million dollar budgets to sell carbonated drinks, while water sells without a marketing team. The truth endures.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
- “Every pain should push a man to pursue what he can possess thereof.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Luxuries unfit us for returning to hardships easily endured before.” ― Mary Mapes Dodge
- “Life circumstances call for patient endurance.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “And yet, for my art and for my loved ones, I will gladly endure to the end.” ― Egon Schiele
- “One thing I’ve learned about grief: it’s like a creditor’s bill. You can put off paying, but it eventually falls due, and exacts usurious interest.” ― Rachel Hartman
- “Endurance is the art of survival.” ― Saim .A. Cheeda
- “But solace also asks us very direct and forceful questions. Firstly, how will you bear the inevitable loss that is coming to you? And how will you endure it through the years? And above all, how will you shape a life equal to and as beautiful and as astonishing as a world that can birth you, bring you into the light and then just as you were beginning to understand it, take you away?” ― David Whyte
- “Favor isn’t always fair. Sometimes favor goes to those who have endured the most unfavorable situations in life.” ― Jeanette Coron
- “When you feel bad, try to hold on. When you feel good, it’s time to push.” ― Travis Macy
- “Endurance races are a microcosm of life; you’re high, you’re low, in the race, out of the race, crushing it, getting crushed, managing fears, rewriting stories.” ― Travis Macy
- “Law school is a test – not a test of strength, creativity, or intelligence – but one of endurance. A law student’s greatest nemesis is not mastering legal concepts, but enduring the hours of solitude, which endless studying requires.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
- “If you want to go big, failing repeatedly is part of the deal.” ― Travis Macy
- “We do not look back, Choal. It helps no one and Nothing to look back. We can only go on…”
“What if we go on,” he said, “only to more pain and despair? What if we go on, only to find a horrible end waiting for us?”
Aelin looked northward,… “Then it is not the end.” ― Sarah J. Maas
- “The brick walls that appear are not there as obstacles, they are simply there for you to prove how much you want to stay” ― Alba Konadu Sumprim
- “Ultramarathons have a way of stripping you bare. All the outside layers are peeled away like an onion and you are left alone with your doubts and fears and a finish line that feels an eternity away.” ― Cory Reese
- “Success is built over-time not overnight” ― Nicky Verd
- “Suffering is in proportion to the strength which has been accorded to a person; in other words, the weak suffer more, where the trial is the same, than the strong. And, what are the elementary principles, we may ask, which compose human strength? Is it not – more than anything else – exercise, habit, experience?” ― Alexandre Dumas
- “You have to continually transmit the object of your focus to your entire body, and make sure it thoroughly assimilates the information necessary for you to write every single day and concentrate on the work at hand. And gradually you’ll expand the limits of what you’re able to do. Almost imperceptibly you’ll make the bar rise. This involves the same process as jogging every day to strengthen your muscles and develop a runner’s physique. Add a stimulus and keep it up. And repeat. Patience is a must in this process, but I guarantee the results will come.” ― Haruki Murakami
- “Endurance is the spirit of a strong soul.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The Lord has led these people all the while in this way,” Brigham declared, “by giving them here a little and there a little. Thus He increases their wisdom, and he that receives a little and is thankful for that shall receive more and more and more.” ― The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- “She remembered sitting on the edge of a white-sheeted bed, the muscles in her arms drawn taut as she gripped the linen and tried to contain her screams of pain, her teeth feeling like they’d crack from being clenched so hard, watching the seconds slowly drip off the clock.” ― Obie Williams
- “I am the rock that the sea in its fury attempts to rampage only to see come out polished
I am the foundation of all that is solid and yet bearably light; I am a spark becoming light
I am fluidity today hardened tomorrow, no I am not a volcano, I am a thought becoming reality” ― Lamine Pearlheart
- “To find strength to endure any situation, read stories.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Some situations are just like bad dreams, they’re only unbearable while we’re giving them our full attention.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “When she smiles, the lines in her face become epic narratives that trace the stories of generations that no book can replace.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “I shall not be defined by what I have suffered but how I have endured them.” ― Donna Lynn Hope
- “We all have problems. Or rather, everyone has at least one thing that they regard as a problem.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.” ― Roger Bannister
- “Peace doesn’t deny difficulty, but it has an inner calm and quietness even while enduring the difficulty.” ― Glenn C. Stewart
- “There is never a guarantee of survival, no matter your strength or skill or wit. There is only the day you are conceived and the day you die, and all else is a series of moments you either embrace or endure.” ― Rachel L. Schade
- “What else has kept any of us going, but love of someone or the memory of that love?” ― Rachel L. Schade
- “Please don’t be overly sober with your precious wings, it’s your addiction to freedom that makes me think that I too can defy gravity.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “Some social ills are preserved by the common misbelief that things such as ignorance, greed, and stupidity do not have the stamina required to reach old age.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Without delayed gratification, there is no endurance.” ― Sunday Adelaja
- “Faith is the ability to endure.” ― Michael R. French
- “What matters is that life is good. It has a lovely texture, like some rich cloth or fur, or the petals of flowers, and everything else worthwhile. And that’s as true for the last man as the first.” ― Fritz Leiber
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Other Mental health quotes which you may like
Below are other mental health quotes which may be of interest to you:
|Find your Journey quotes|
|Funny stress quotes|
|Gordon Ramsey quotes|
|Hang in There Quotes|
|Heartwarming Sisterhood Quotes|
|I don’t care what people say Quotes|
|I hate about you quotes|
If you have read at least half of these Endurance Quotes, now you know that anything you set out to do is possible, with effort and perseverance!
Which Endurance Quotes did you find the most inspiring?
Do you know other Endurance quotes?
Share it with us and the other readers in the comments section!
Wakehealth.edu – Brain Structure Shows Who is Most Sensitive to Pain
Qz.com – If you have a bigger brain, you feel less pain