In this brief article, we will be discussing EACH counselling, the services of EACH counselling, the benefits of EACH counselling, and more information about EACH counselling.
What is EACH counselling?
EACH counselling is a voluntary sector organisation that has been helping people who are going through recovery.
This kind of counselling centre is helpful for people who are in ethnic minorities in West London get through their mental health complications such as substance abuse and domestic abuse from employers.
EACH counselling has counsellors that belong in other communities that have served to help clients who come to this kind of centre and it also helps that these kinds of counsellors can speak in different languages and dialects such as Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu, Dari, Pashto, Portuguese, Polish and English.
This kind of counselling centre provides clients with group therapy sessions, individual counselling, and relationship counselling.
The specialist groups that are being served in EACH counselling are those abstinence-based groups and LGBTQ groups.
This kind of counselling centre is there to help you with what you need to do for your mental health.
EACH counselling focuses on helping these kinds of people find their strengths in facing problems and use them to establish resilience which can lead to a healthy way of life.
Highgate Counseling Center also caters the minorities living in the Highgate area, providing them with counselors who can speak different native languages.
Their aim is the same as EACH counseling.
Mental health issues are taken care of by EACH counselling
The following are the mental health issues being taken care of by EACH counselling:
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child-related issues
- Domestic violence
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
You can learn more about managing your anger by buying this book on this website.
Therapies offered by EACH counselling
The following are the therapies offered by this kind of counselling centre:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Group therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Transactional analysis
Specialist services from EACH counselling for women
This counselling centre also provides specialist services and group support for women in partnership with Ascent.
Ascent is an organisation that follows the law of London Violence Against Women and Girls Act where this organisation will be protecting women that are within this scope.
Since this counselling centre is part of this organisation, this counselling centre is accessible in the following boroughs:
- Harrow where the counselling waiting list is closed
If you want to learn more about the services of Ascent, you can get in contact through the Advice Hub at 0808 801 0660 or visit www.thelondonvawgconsortium.org.uk.
As stated in the name of the law, this act is making sure that women and girls are protected.
This consortium is made up of 29 organisations who are providing therapies for affected women where they are high-quality and comprehensive like it was given in a standardized psychiatric hospital.
You can learn more about the violent circumstances against women that need to be addressed by buying this book on this website.
Training and qualifications of counsellors in EACH counselling
The counsellors in this counselling centre are highly qualified in their counselling work since most of them are members of BACP and UKCP with specialised experience in trauma, domestic abuse, substance abuse, and depression.
This team of counsellors are administered by volunteer counsellors who also got their membership in BACP and UKCP.
This counselling centre also offers training sessions for people who are interested in supporting people in their psychological recovery, especially family members who want to help affected family members who have gone through abuse.
Volunteering for EACH counselling
This kind of counselling centre is also looking for volunteers who are interested in doing their work with diverse communities that are hiding and being heavily prejudiced about their mental health issues.
You can get experience from volunteering in this kind of counselling centre and learn new skills and knowledge in your volunteer work.
This kind of counselling centre will help you train in being a volunteer in their work.
You can volunteer by downloading the application form on their website when you are interested in doing volunteer in this kind of counselling centre.
You can learn more about volunteering by buying this book on this website.
The core purpose of this volunteer is the following:
- To be responsible for frequent office administration duties like responding to calls,
monitoring voicemail messages, and ensuring visitors and staff sign in and out when
on the premises.
- To ensure the office appearance is tidy and structured whilst being aware of
health and safety concerns which may arise such as wet floors, tripping hazard, and others
- To give administrative support to the teams depending on Ealing such as copying,
filling, maintaining stationery and structuring the post.
- To support the administration team with data entry duties as and when necessary, and to assist administrators and team leaders in generation and collection of data for
submission to commissioners and related agencies.
- Respond to enquiries from the general public and professionals in a proper and
professional pattern and promote the services of the organisation.
The following are the responsibilities of this volunteer:
- Promote this counselling centre’s policies and practice according to equal opportunities which are structured to contradict discrimination and disadvantage.
- Comply with this counselling centre’s health & safety policy, confidentiality policy code of conduct and other policies and procedures relevant to different parts of the work of this counselling centre.
- Attend training associated with the specific duties of the post.
This counselling centre will be expecting volunteers to work for 4 hours per week and be able to commit to the work of this counselling centre.
You will be attending training in this counselling centre and do the following:
- Comply with a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check.
- Comply with work regarding this counselling centre’s Policies and Procedures.
- Applied as a student member with BACP or BPS.
- Comply with work in areas and satellites as obligated by the organisations’ needs.
- Build a good relationship of trust and respect with clients.
- Refer clients to other sources of help within the area of operation, as necessary to clients’ needs.
- Participate in monthly group clinical supervision.
- Participate in training courses such as Safeguarding Adults and Children, Health and
Safety, Equalities and Code of Conduct.
- Working to complied targets in accordance with client contact.
- Undergo group facilitation as well as individual counselling sessions.
- Store client records up-to-date such as client database records within timescales.
- Give administrative support and reception cover when obligated.
- Ensure that the project lead is kept renewed in accordance with your accessibility and reasonable notice when you are unable to participate.
- Give two months’ notice should you wish to end your voluntary role with this counselling centre, to ensure this counselling centre has sufficient time to reappoint your client(s) to another counsellor.
When you are working in this counselling centre, you are expected to work with clients and give them the best support they need.
BPS has their books on counselling which you can have to learn new skills by buying this book on this website.
The following are the skills and experience obligated for these volunteers:
- Trainee counsellors wishing to undergo clinical placements with this counselling centre must have finished the first year of their counselling diploma. Some of our services are obligated to have 100+ supervised hours. This counselling centre welcomes applications from qualified and authorized counsellors who wish to give
back to the community.
- All student counsellors must be applied as student members with BACP or BPS.
- Qualified counsellors or therapists to have some related experience of supporting
clients experiencing substance misuse, mental health, violence or trauma.
- A dedication to finish this counselling centre’s core training programme.
- A dedication to participating in monthly clinical group supervision.
- Good listening skills with the ability to communicate with a varied difference of people.
- Respect for confidentially and a non-judgmental approach in counselling
When applications are made to interview, the applicants should bring original copies of their counselling qualifications.
You will have opportunities for taking care of people with the following mental health complications such as the following:
- Substance Misuse,
- Domestic Violence and Mental Health.
This counselling centre will make sure that new volunteers get the induction they need so that they will know the policies and procedures done in this counselling centre.
This counselling centre will be offering training to these new counsellors for a reduced cost.
Clinical group supervision is mandatory in volunteers which is provided for free.
Project STRIDE mentor
The goal of this mentor is that you will be teaching trainees on how to support people who have substance abuse problems and addictions and you will be training them for 6 months.
You will be training volunteers who have gotten the Eclipse service.
The duties that this mentor will have are the following
- Assist clients to determine socially inclusive goals and objectives
- Attend to mentee for weekly sessions lasting up to 2 hours.
- Build a positive and supportive relationship with mentee
- Give information on educational and support resources accessible to
them and how to avail these resources and motivate the mentee to
take them up.
- Comply with action plan for mentee, making sure that the desired results are
completed through the programme.
- Support clients to keep confidence and motivation
- To participate in supervision meetings and other related meetings obligated for
- To observe the following counselling centre’s policies and procedures at all times
when working with the mentee such as Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, DBS Policy, Code of Conduct, Confidentiality and Health & Safety.
You might fit in this role in this counselling centre when you have the following:
- You have knowledge or experience of concerns impacting people with mental
- You have the ability to build a relationship with the individuals depending on trust, mutual respect and empathy.
- You have good time management skills.
- You have the ability to encourage others.
The advantages of being in this role are the following:
- Practical experience of working with people who have been impacted by
- An understanding and awareness of Mental Health and its impacts and
the obstacles people face.
- An opportunity to improve your CV or learn new skills.
The following are the roles of this mentor:
- An opportunity to indulge with your local community.
- An opportunity to get experience with a well-respected charity giving services in the community.
The training that will be offered for this mentor are the following:
- Mentoring induction and pack with materials
- Frequent and ongoing support from Project Coordinator.
- Regular training and support as the role are obligated to be.
- Attainable travel expenses will be compensated.
Expenses for EACH counselling
The clients can be given funds from themselves or the other centres that are part of this organisation.
The fees will be based on the income of the client and the result of the initial consultation that can acknowledge the counselling on the client’s problem.
Initial consultation or assessment is free for all clients. You can monitor your budget so that you can afford being treated in this centre by buying this planner here.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
In this brief article, we have discussed EACH counselling, the services of EACH counselling, the benefits of EACH counselling, and more information about EACH counselling.
If you have any questions about EACH counselling, please let us know and the team will gladly answer your queries.
FAQs: each counselling
What is the role of a volunteer counsellor?
The role of a volunteer counsellor is to offer non-directive support to clients when they are discovering their feelings, anxieties, and life circumstances that may have an effect on their emotional wellbeing.
This kind of process can help clients feel motivated to control their mental health and create positive changes in life.
How do I become a volunteer counsellor?
You can become a volunteer counsellor when you are able to take part in 44 hours of training and mentoring, attend regular skills development workshops, able to attend a 4 and ¼ shift a week at the same time each week for a minimum commitment of a year, and attend frequent supervision.
How do I volunteer for mental health?
You can volunteer for mental by taking a pledge that you will be free from discrimination in any kind of mental health issue, search for a NAMI walk, become a member of a volunteer charity, and take action on policy issues.
Where can I volunteer for a day?
You can volunteer for a day in animal rescue shelters, food pantries, national parks, habitat for humanity, art museums, local libraries, YMCA, and political campaigns.
These kinds of places can help you get the volunteer experience you need for your career.
Can you volunteer at a psychiatric hospital?
Yes, you can volunteer at a psychiatric hospital. You only need to be interested in helping patients with mental health complications to volunteer in this kind of hospital.
You need to show that you are willing to help this kind of community.
Counselling Directory. EACH Counselling & Support.
EACH. Administration Volunteer Role Description.’
EACH. Role Description for Project STRIDE Mentor.
EACH. SPECIALIST SERVICES FOR WOMEN.
EACH. Volunteer Role Description Agreement.
EACH. VOLUNTEER WITH EACH.