Does Betterhelp Have A Free Trial?
This article will talk about whether or not Betterhelp – the online mental health platform has a free trial or not and the reasons behind the answer. Furthermore, the article will also highlight other areas where people can seek free counseling services. Lastly, the article will also discuss Betterhelp, its services and how affordable they are!
Does Betterhelp Have A Free Trial?
No Betterhelp does not offer a free trial to people willing to test its services. This is apparent because there are no options provided on their website or social media pages for that of a free trial.
There are a number of reasons why this website does not offer a free trial:
- It Already Offers Financial Aid
- The Services Are Quite Affordable
- Customizable Plans
- Free Trials Do Not Cover Costs
- Investing In Mental Health Is A Commitment
Let us take a look at each of these reasons in detail.
It Already Offers Financial Aid
The Betterhelp company realizes that many people are not able to afford mental health services due to their current financial position. Not only have they made their services as affordable as they can but they also offer financial aid to those who deserve it.
While signing up people can opt for this option and increase their chances of getting this benefit. In the initial questionnaire the company asks you to fill out that gathers basic information on you – especially so they can match you with the ideal counselor – you can better represent your financial position here too because they ask whether you are employed or not. It also asks if you currently have any financial difficulties. This is a good way to increase your chances of getting the financial aid they offer.
When you proceed to the section where they ask for payment details, look for the option of ‘Apply For Financial Aid’ and click on it. This will ask you further questions about your income and ability to pay for the services. They will then provide financial relief to you that can cause your counseling fees to drop from $280 to as low as $216 based on your location, financial position and income.
The Services Are Quite Affordable.
This online giant that provides mental health services realizes that the more help people need the less they should be charged over time. This not only increases customer loyalty and keeps them satisfied and secure but also caters to their needs immensely – it is not easy earning while suffering from a mental health condition.
Hence, Betterhelp follows a subscription based model rather than a pay per session model where they bill you on a monthly basis. It is ideal because people do not have an idea about how many sessions they require. Also some people are in need of more assistance hence they need more sessions compared to others. Using this model, clients have the option of availing unlimited sessions with their counselors which leaves them feeling satisfied and feeling better. Betterhelp realizes that they need to provide services in a manner that greatly reduces stress on their clients.
Let’s take a look at their different subscription models listed below:
- Weekly Plan: It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need. In case you subscribe every week, you will have to pay $320 at the end of the month.
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well – this is pretty straightforward
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client. At the end of the each month the client must pay $180
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap. At the end of each month the client is liable to pay $140 only which is the cheapest option.
This is way cheaper than traditional therapy that charges a lot per session and you do not even know how many sessions you will need. Hence you remain in limbo as to how much you will end up spending on your mental health.
Their services are quite affordable. Sign up now and start your journey towards better mental health!
The company provides many options to clients in terms of how they can avail counseling services from their service providers. This means they can opt for different mediums of communication with their service providers depending on how comfortable they are and what their needs are as a person. Some people are fine when it comes to chatting through text messages whereas others need a more personal touch to communication and will prefer video calls.
Here are the options clients have when they want to engage in counseling sessions with their service providers:
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 6-8 sessions per month are sufficient.
Like their services? For more information visit Betterhelp’s website now by clicking here!
Free Trials Do Not Cover Costs
It is important that clients or individuals who can become potential clients understand that there are a number of costs involved in setting up a huge platform that not only connects people from across the world but is secure and ensures the data privacy of clients especially because Betterhelp is a HIPAA compliant entity. Hence, it is not able to offer free trials to people because they will not be able to reach their financial goals as a company.
Investing In Mental Health Is A Commitment
People become careless at times and this affects their mental health adversely. They will sometimes attend counseling sessions and sometimes they won’t depending on how they feel.
If an individual has invested an amount of money in a certain program, they attach value to it and are more likely to stay up to date and participate in it because they have invested in it.
This is one human behavior the company Betterhelp realizes and hence they believe people should pay even if it is a small amount; it will help them stay committed to availing help timely and in a regular manner.
Other Options – Free Counseling?
Free counseling does exist but it may not be easy to find, may lack the expertise and commitment paid counseling services have and could possibly be unguided and not led by qualified individuals. Nonetheless, there is no harm in trying and there will be many options you can avail that will help you gain some stability or peace when it comes to your mental health needs!
Here are a few options you have:
- Places Of Worship: They often serve as community centers and deal with issues people face on a daily basis. Many people prefer that their counseling is integrated with their religious, social and cultural beliefs and find it more relevant.
- Government Facilities: In different countries and regions there are centers set up by the government that offer almost free counseling; though this may seem good it could be difficult to get a turn and you may have to wait quite some time for an appointment.
- Training Institutes: There are a number of psychologists and psychiatrists or other service providers who need to achieve a certain number of hours of conducting therapy before they can qualify for a certain position. You can actually help them out by going and getting free counseling from them.
There are many options available for free counseling, however, it is necessary to consider whether or not those counseling services will meet your needs. Betterhelp is committed to providing the state of the art services to its clients. You can sign up today and check out what they have to offer!
This article helped the audience understand as to why there are no free trials offered by Betterhelp. It explained a number of reasons and also highlighted that they have affordable services customizable to each client’s needs. The article also listed a number of options people have if they want to avail free counseling.