Does Betterhelp Give Refunds?
This article will look at whether the online mental health company gives out refunds to its clients in the case that they demand it and why would such a situation occur. Furthermore, the article will also look into what other options Betterhelp offers if not a refund. The services and costs of these services in relation to what refund may be demanded by a client will also be listed.
Yes Betterhelp gives out refunds to clients who request it after taking into account their case and determining if it meets the criteria for being granted a refund. The purpose of the refund is to ensure client satisfaction and provide compensation in case the client faces any sort of inconvenience.
If you have a complaint or concern for which you demand a refund, the following steps must be taken:
- Clarity: Before you reach out to the company, ensure that you are clear about the issue you faced, why you think it is an issue and how the company can compensate you for any shortcomings caused by them.
- Reach Out: It is necessary to contact the company to inform them of your complaint/request/concern The correct way to contact them is by sending them a thorough email of the issue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be Patient: The company will look at your case carefully and thoroughly and hence it may take some time. Hence, you need to be patient and give the company a few working days. In case you do not hear from them you can drop them another email.
- Feedback: The company will get back to you and explain whether or not your case qualifies for a full or partial refund.
Other ways you could ask for a refund are by:
- Call them at 888-688-9296 and ensure you have your personal and account information to verify you are a Betterhelp client as well as details of your request.
- You can fill out their contact forms available at their website. You will have to provide your name, email address and pick the ‘billing complaint’ option. Click submit and wait for them to get back to you.
Let us take a look at why a client could possibly want a refund!
Refunds At Betterhelp – Why?
There are a number of reasons as to why a client could demand a refund such as:
- Poor Experience With Counselor
- Issues With Counseling Sessions
- Unable To Avail Services
- Not Satisfied With Services
Poor Experience With Counselor
It is possible that a client may not have a good or satisfactory experience with a counselor. They may be looking forward to the entire experience but not get a good response from their service provider – maybe he isn’t as excited or interested in the session and this may cause the client to feel neglected. This may make the client feel upset, hurt or even angry.
Issues With Counseling Sessions
Sometimes there may be issues with regards to the counseling sessions like not being able to enter a room, messages not sent or received, internet connection issues at the side of the counselor or even not being able to be matched with a suitable counselor before the weekly subscription ends. This is one reason why a client may ask for a refund.
Unable To Avail Services
A client may be unable to avail services from their end due to internet connectivity problems, emergency situations arising or personal commitments popping up. This may often occur when the client only pays for a weekly package and hence may want their money back. The main concern here is that the person paid and was unable to use the service for a genuine reason.
Not Satisfied With Services.
Another reason a client may demand a refund is that they are not satisfied with the overall experience. They may not even be cut out for the online experience and may actually prefer a face to face session with a counselor at a brick and mortar clinic. In this case they will want a refund because they do not want to take up further services after the initial session.
Always A Refund – Other Options?
Does Betterhelp always offer a refund? Do they compensate clients in other ways too? Yes they do. Every case has its own significance and based on its details, the company may not always choose to provide a refund.
Instead of a refund, Betterhelp may provide:
- A New Counselor: this may happen if the client claims their experience with the counselor was not satisfactory. In this case the issue is not with the services but with a service provider hence they will provide a more suitable option to the client.
- Extend Subscription: In the case a client is not happy with the time they got or were unable to use the services during their subscription package and this is true – Betterhelp obviously has records – the company will extend the subscription period without any extra costs.
What is all the fuss about? Why do these problems arise? To get a complete understanding we will provide details on the services of Betterhelp and the subscription packages they offer so you can actually relate what you have just read about.
How We Help You – Betterhelp
How does Betterhelp reach out to its clients? It provides multiple options through which the company can allow counselors to interact with their clients and provide the services they need. Let us take as look at the following to find out:
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
Let’s take a look at their different subscription models listed below:
- Weekly Plan: It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need. In case you subscribe every week, you will have to pay $320 at the end of the month.
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well – this is pretty straightforward
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client. At the end of the each month the client must pay $180
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap. At the end of each month the client is liable to pay $140 only which is the cheapest option.
Like their services and think they are affordable? Why wait when you can sign up today at Betterhelp by clicking here.
This article provided an answer to the question of whether the online company provides refunds or not to its clients. It also explained how a client can ask for a refund and listed down various methods. The article further explained different scenarios that can make clients feel unsatisfied or unable to avail services and hence request for a refund. Furthermore, the article provided other options the company may consider instead of giving a refund to the client. In the end, the article gives an overview of the services and subscription packages in relation to which clients may demand a refund.