This article will look at whether Betterhelp accepts TRICARE to pay for its services and what are the possible reasons behind the answer to this question. More importantly the article will look at if the company is even eligible for TRICARE. It will also talk about what TRICARE is and what services it provides.
Does Betterhelp Accept TRICARE?
Betterhelp does not state that it does not accept insurance plans or health programs like TRICARE, however it does discourage the use of such initiatives for the following reasons:
- Health plans like TRICARE may have partial or limited coverage so it really isn’t useful. Most of the time they do not fully cover the costs and one ends up doing much paperwork to get very little benefit. On top of that you need to finance the insurance as well somehow.
- In the case that your health insurance plan covers all costs of the services, the co-pay of insurance may be higher than the entire cost of Betterhelp’s services – this is due to the generally low cost services of Betterhelp due to it’s online nature and ease of accessibility for all. So, it is better not to avail insurance because you may end up paying way more to get the insurance compared to the actual costs of the services.
- Clients at Betterhelp may not be able to use insurance because insurance companies often require that the diagnosis of a patient and their future treatment plans are sent to them. However, at Betterhelp service providers are not allowed to diagnose patients for a number of reasons. The service providers are also not allowed to prescribe drugs. As said before, insurance companies require some sort of documentation or proof that a person is indeed eligible for insurance.
- Betterhelp emphasizes that their costs for services are very low hence it is not advisable to use insurance. This is what they prefer and they also offer financial aid on their website which can be used to decrease the costs of sessions from around $280 to as low as $216.
- Another issue is that TRICARE is a program for those who are uniformed personnel working for their country – the United States. As Betterhelp serves all types of people including those from across the globe, it will only be able to accept TRICARE from a certain number of people. This is another factor Betterhelp needs to consider as it will need to adjust its operations in a new manner to receive TRICARE.
The above reasons are why Betterhelp persuades clients to check out its services because they are affordable and customizable.
Before we move on to discuss what TRICARE is and who is eligible for it, we will introduce Betterhelp and it’s services and their costs!
BetterHelp – Your Online Partner In Mental Health
Betterhelp is one of the largest online platforms that provides multiple services for all types of people who are suffering from mental health problems and require counseling. What is great about this service is that it is online hence it is available anywhere and every time. You do not have to go to the doctor’s office to get an appointment or wait in line for your turn. This is great if you feel pretty down and getting out of bed is a challenge for you!
With approximately 1700 licensed therapists available online at the click of a button, Betterhelp ensures that its clients receive the best help they can get by connecting them to professional therapists and counselors who know what they need to do This is apparent by the total number of sessions which Betterhelp has already conducted from their platform; a whopping 70 million sessions already completed! This is possible because the company understands the needs of clients well and hence provides therapy related services to them online and not just at physical location. In a world where things are changing constantly and the unknown is always around the corner, it is becoming more of a need rather than a desire to get services online and at your doorstep – we simply don’t have time nowadays!
Services At Betterhelp
Betterhelp is actually a platform that connects you to service providers who can counsel you or advise you in how to deal with your problems. The platform claims that the service providers on it’s panel do not represent the company nor are they their employees.
Although this does relieve the online giant of many responsibilities, the company makes the claim of offering the following services:
How does Betterhelp reach out to its clients? Let us take as look at the following to find out:
- Chatrooms: These are open 24/7 and you can drop a message any time you feel like doing so. However, your counselor will only get back to you once they have the time or chance to. Usually people like dropping questions they want opinions on from their counselor and don’t mind waiting a bit.
- Live Chatting Sessions: here you can chat with your counselor in real time and there really is no limit on the number of messages exchanged or time spent talking here. It depends on the needs of the client and the nature of the problem.
- Live Phone Calls: Kind of like Skype this platform has their own system set up where you can have audio sessions with your service provider. It does not show your contact details to the counselor for reasons of privacy and in case the counselor and counselee become direct.
- Video Sessions: clients who are more comfortable or want a more personalized experience can also opt for video sessions. Like other mediums of interaction, there is no limit on these although people mostly hold the opinion that 1 or 2 sessions per week are sufficient.
Are you interested in the services Betterhelp provides? Do you want to sign up or check out their website? Don’t waste any time and click here!
How Much Does Betterhelp Cost?
Depending on what payment plan you opt for the cost of availing services with Betterhelp can range from $60 to $90 however with their long term subscription models the cost can even go as low as $35.
In this section of the article, we will look at how much Betterhelp costs and what services are available to clients at this platform.
Here are the subscription packages available at Betterhelp:
- Weekly Plan It costs $80/week where you subscribe to their services for a week only and can avail whatever and how many sessions you need
- Monthly Plan: It costs a total of $260 per month which breaks down to $60/week. The client is billed monthly as well.
- Quarterly Plan: This plan costs a total of $540 but the weekly costs breaks down into $45 a week only because of the longer subscription availed by the client.
- Annual Plan: For clients who need long term services, they can pay $1820 which results in only $35 per week which is extremely cheap.
Think the packages are affordable and meet your needs. Find out more and apply today by clicking here!
TRICARE – What Is It?
It is a health program for uniformed service members, their families and retirees across the world. It covers health programs, dental plans, prescriptions, special programs and now even telemental health counseling!
This initiative aims to provide assistance to the military association by fostering, protecting, sustaining and restoring health – both physical and mental. This plan covers those who are active personnel, have medically retired or are survivors and are simply retirees.
However, this service may require the applicant to pay a certain cost of the health plan in the form of coinsurance or copayments which depends on who you are and what plan you are applying for.
TRICARE – Telemental Health Services
This program aims at making telemedicine a reality and the organisation has a wide network of service providers who can cater to your online mental health needs and provide treatment accordingly. It is necessary to point out that this comes under behavioral health care and is likely to apply to those services that can prescribe drugs.
There are two types of categories in this plan:
- Active Duty Service Members: Before getting care under this program they will need to get a referral from TRICARE.
- Prime Active Duty Family Members & Retirees: They do not need a referral or authorization to set up a session with an online distant provider. Many of the network providers are affiliates of Betterhelp.
Hence, we recommend that you go for Betterhelp’s services in the manner they advise – apply for financial aid or a subscription package according to your resources and needs – however if you deem it necessary you can try availing Betterhelp with resources such as TRICARE.
This article explained why Betterhelp discourages the use of health plans such as TRICARE and what alternatives it offers so that people can affordably avail it’s services. Furthermore, the article introduced the reader to Betterhelp’s services and how much they cost for. Lastly, the readers were given a brief introduction to what TRICARE is.